Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Jeremy's also tight with Michele, so Denise may have gotten herself a solid Final 3 deal. That's if Sele can overcome that 5-7 deficit. Which is pretty much dependent on Dakal winning next tribal, since otherwise it looks like a likely Adam/Ben/Michele boot.

Jeremy going home would also be really bad for Denise - even if she could guarantee herself safety to merge with her second idol, she would have no tokens (if she followed up on her deal) and no allies other than a decimated Sele who are more inclined to turn on each other with such a big numbers disadvantage. Right now, the more original Seles that Denise can preserve, the better of a chance that they can try to take control of the game at merge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Finally got to watch and

hahahaha HAHAHAHHAHA

Holy poo poo that was the most perfect ice cold move maybe ever

I mean you have to take into consideration who it was done to

Legendary

Something_Hazy
Sep 21, 2019
Editing because I think this is a better way to explain what i mean:

This is the scenario I see in my head

Sandra: Proposes deal to Denise

Denise: Sounds good! *goes to Jeremy* Hey Jeremy, Sandra just told me they were all voting for me and gave me an idol

Jeremy: Haha what

Denise: I know! Let's vote for Kim

Jeremy: Cool.

3 votes Denise, 2 votes Kim, Kim goes to exile

*Immediately following tribal*

Denise: Hey Tony, the only reason I had that idol is because Sandra gave it to me and told me who you guys were voting for. Join up with me and Jeremy and you can be in our group of 5 with Adam and Ben post merge

Tony, who has no other allies now: drat, this sucks but I guess that's my best remaining option, let's do it

Sandra: :(

Something_Hazy fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Mar 20, 2020

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, but again the issue during the writer's strikes was "no writers" so cheap and easy reality tv was the natural answer. Here the issue is "can't assemble large groups of people." And besides the fact that lovely reality tv is basically built on the idea of throwing a bunch of people in a small space together and letting them drive each other insane they have huge crews.

IF this lasts for a long time (and I think there's a scenario where we streamline testing and mass produce hospital equipment to make it safe to leave your home again) then I think that's when CBS starts thinking about airing Twilight Zone and Star Trek or Amazon sees how much a network will pay to air Man In The High Castle.

But then again, there's shows like Big Brother, where all they need to do is get 16 people, a host, and I guess maybe they have some producers in the diary room maybe? And that's it, 3 months of TV. Can't be too difficult to get 16 people in isolation for 2-3 weeks, make sure they don't have corona and send them into the house.

Also, I think the big push for reality TV will be it's much quicker to make than a scripted show where they spend months writing, shooting, and editing 30 minute TV episodes.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

SteveVizsla posted:

The last time something like this happened tv-wise, with the big writer strike, we got the infamous BB season 9.

They have a completed TAR season? I know the one they were currently filming was stopped...

Yea, they've had a complete in the can season of TAR since at least a year I think. Pretty sure it was filmed and done when the last one was still airing. But it's the filler for whatever CBS show gets cancelled midseason.

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

This was a really good (if heartbreaking) read. Thanks for sharing. Things are uncertain and all right now but I'll probably chop in a few bucks.

And Yul said he'll match the first 50k. I knew he does well for himself but drat.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008
The sad part about Denise's plan is her going all in on protecting Jeremy to guarantee a 2-2 split next time will be irrelevant if Jeremy panics and uses his power and thus loses his vote.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yul being awesome has turned out to be the nicest part of this season.

Yeah, Jeremy's a nice ally to have. He's always had a good loyal streak and code of honor. He might do the necessary thing but he won't do it easy or soon so you'll have time to prepare. He's also got a good game with good social connections on his own and is a big shield to hide behind.

Denise basically has a new Malcolm.

SLICK GOKU BABY posted:

But then again, there's shows like Big Brother, where all they need to do is get 16 people, a host, and I guess maybe they have some producers in the diary room maybe? And that's it, 3 months of TV. Can't be too difficult to get 16 people in isolation for 2-3 weeks, make sure they don't have corona and send them into the house.

Also, I think the big push for reality TV will be it's much quicker to make than a scripted show where they spend months writing, shooting, and editing 30 minute TV episodes.

BB has like a zillion people behind those walls though and constructing those elaborate sets. The HGs are constantly interacting with crew members, counselors, interviewers, and producers off camera. And like, that's without the incredibly bad optics of "stick a bunch of random people in close proximity to each other" in the time period of "social distancing."

if this were another situation they'd do like game shows, stuff you can film all at once on a sound stage on a weekend. But since the problem is bringing people together I just think we're stalled out for the time being. Which is why I think they turn to options already filmed they can "debut" on network TV.

mancalamania
Oct 23, 2008

STAC Goat posted:

BB has like a zillion people behind those walls though and constructing those elaborate sets. The HGs are constantly interacting with crew members, counselors, interviewers, and producers off camera. And like, that's without the incredibly bad optics of "stick a bunch of random people in close proximity to each other" in the time period of "social distancing."

if this were another situation they'd do like game shows, stuff you can film all at once on a sound stage on a weekend. But since the problem is bringing people together I just think we're stalled out for the time being. Which is why I think they turn to options already filmed they can "debut" on network TV.

Yeah the more I think about it, the more surprised I am that they're continuing to film BB Canada right now and I have to suspect they're going to come to their senses and cancel it soon.

If we do get a flood of bonus seasons of BB and Survivor it wouldn't be during the outbreak, but in the early aftermath. If, say, the world is mostly back to normal by September but the Fall TV season can't properly kick off until November because of filming delays, maybe we get a bonus Big Brother season then or something.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, good call. When the "social distancing" period ends there will be a gap between when new stuff can get filmed and made ready for TV and that's where that cheap and easy reality tv and game show stuff probably kicks in.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

How about every country swaps their last season of TV, and we get celebrities to dub it with no clue what the real scripts are. Sort of like MXC.

Real talk: Sandra got got, drat. I don’t think anybody gonna look at Denise the same way after that hit. With all the heavies on EoE I expect to see a lot more of that for a while. Hope Sandra finds hella tokens so she can buy some advantages for the challenge to get back in the game.

Is there confirmation that all EoE players are jury again this time? I don’t remember hearing that.

Since Denise played two idols there’s a new one at her camp?

I bet both Tony and Kim would flip on the other to avoid a tie if they go back to tribal. Denise and Jeremy looking pretty good. Same with Adam and Ben, I don’t think they would go to a tie for each other and I think the girls are tight. Plus they have advantages out the rear end, they got Rob without any trickery. Sandra had to be massacred.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames
From last thread, but I watched almost a whole season of Naked and Afraid XL while playing Switch last night and it's a strong recommend. It's actually not really trashy in the way the original Naked and Afraid is and they go through some truly wild poo poo. The lack of tribal council drama and focus on literal survival makes it a fairly different watch.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Winner of Something Awful PS5 thread's Posting Excellence Award June 2022

Congratulations!
I caught up on the last two episodes back to back tonight. I’m always down for Sandra getting exposed, but drat. Tyson before, then Rob/Parv/Sandra all in a row is pretty disappointing stuff.

I guess there’s Yul left to root for? Denise maybe? I guess Tony could go crazy and make things fun? I’m rapidly running out of players I like and all the players I dislike seem to be in it for the long haul.

Now I can’t even root against Sandra anymore. This was supposed to be sweet. :sigh:

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Many of the 'new schoolers' are rootable, get the 'old schoolers legends only' mentality out of your head. Heck, Tyson only won in the same era of seasons as Sophie/Denise/Natalie.

Honestly, only Wendell is in the 'anti-root' category and I presume that's the edit messing with us to make him more dislikable.

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE
After Rob/Sandra/Pavarti my next pick is Denise. And honestly even if what happened last ep wasn’t strictly the best move it reminded me why I like her and made me like her a whole lot more.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
Taste is individual, I dislike most of them. :shrug: Ben in particular is grating on my last nerve this season. What an unlikeable dipshit.

It’s possible someone could win me over eventually. Jeremy could make a few cool plays and get me on his side. But it sure feels like we watched a bunch of the most fun players disappear in three episodes.

A final eight of Nick/Michele/Sophie/Ben/Wendell/Adam/Sarah/Kim feels like a possibility and holy poo poo what a letdown given who we started the season out with. Hopefully at least some of Jeremy/Tony/Denise/Yul can hang around a while.

Spokes
Jan 9, 2010

Thanks for a MONSTER of an avatar, Awful Survivor Mods!

BGrifter posted:

A final eight of Nick/Michele/Sophie/Ben/Wendell/Adam/Sarah/Kim feels like a possibility and holy poo poo what a letdown given who we started the season out with.

i was a lot higher on sarah's win than most people

but if she wins this season i'll know it's the survivor gods punishing me specifically and i want to apologize

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

BGrifter posted:

Taste is individual, I dislike most of them. :shrug: Ben in particular is grating on my last nerve this season. What an unlikeable dipshit.

It’s possible someone could win me over eventually. Jeremy could make a few cool plays and get me on his side. But it sure feels like we watched a bunch of the most fun players disappear in three episodes.

We may see if the producers agree based on what the folks at extinction get up to and how much airtime they get

Also don't forget that At Least one of them is coming back in

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Ok one challenge at extinction, you're playing for reward

Wanna know what cher playing for?

You get back into the game and are immune at the first tribal.

*Rob wins*

Ok Rob, choose one more person to go on the reward with you....

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

BGrifter posted:

A final eight of Nick/Michele/Sophie/Ben/Wendell/Adam/Sarah/Kim feels like a possibility and holy poo poo what a letdown given who we started the season out with. Hopefully at least some of Jeremy/Tony/Denise/Yul can hang around a while.

Yul feels like he's been floating under a lot of radars and the last episode or two have made it seem like people view Wendell as a bigger threat than him.

I agree that Tony probably won't make F8, he's so sketchy that he's gonna be a fast out because nobody feels like they can trust him.

Ben feels like a f3 goat right now unless he's against people that everyone despises.

Kim as well tbh but at least she has an idol to make a play with maybe.

And don't forget we're gonna get an EoE person in the final 8 almost assuredly.

Also I wonder if Sandra isn't just gonna peace out once we get to the point where the people on EoE are jury members.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

If I get cheated out of seeing Sandra be a juror I’m gonna be pissed and do something drastic.

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

The Bloop posted:

We may see if the producers agree based on what the folks at extinction get up to and how much airtime they get

Also don't forget that At Least one of them is coming back in

Yeah, I’m way more interested in the people on EoE than I am the players left in the game. Natalie was one of the better new players. Ethan is lovable if terrible at the game. Ambuh I don’t really care for but could be fun reunited with Rob. My love for Parvati knows no bounds.

Imagine if Danni is the returning player from EoE. Oof.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Bloop posted:

*Rob wins*

Alternately

Here are your loved ones to visit.

Rob and Amber, you two can just go gently caress in the giant head

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

has to be Sandra's head though

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

The Bloop posted:

*Rob wins*

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I think Tony actually has a chance to slip through because he kind of feels like a goat right now. Someone might take the shot just because they're scared he'll do something crazy or he might just blow his game up doing something stupid. But right now it feels like the cast doesn't even see him as a player, just like a pet they have to make sure doesn't kill itself or poo poo on the carpet.

Yul and Jeremy seem like the two most obvious targets in the game right now as they check all the marks that usually scare people when merge begins. But they're both smart and good social players so they could just get the numbers to survive.

I don't know if Kim's early troubles have done away with her reputation or what. Similarly its tough me to read if Wendell is a threat or if Michelle and Parv just hated him. Denise, Nick, Michelle, Ben, Adam, Sophie, Sarah, and probably someone I'm forgetting all seem like they can cruise for awhile. I won't call them the "goats" or "floaters" because, come on. They all won the game and most of them by doing some stuff. But they're probably fine for the moment unless they misplay.

Personally i'm fine with all the big old school players being gone. That's what EoE is there for and it feels like we went from "how stupid are these people not to vote out X" to "oh man, it sucks that X is gone and all we're left with are these people." I'm substance over style so I'm here for a good end game regardless of who is up there.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
The twist is, there's $2mil for the winner but no one comes back from extinction and there is a second million over there just buried on the beach

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

I have no problem calling Ben a goat because while his win is legitimate he's also one of the worst winners ever :v:

I don't think anyone was calling Sophie a goat, and Denise certainly not especially after last week.

SweetJahasus
Dec 23, 2005

Dragon Slayer
Samurai Warrior
Escape Artist
Viking
Chong-Ra Master

BE THE WIZARD
I think you're all ignoring the fact that we're currently living in a world where Adam can win this game. The darkest timeline.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Darkest timeline is still Ben sorry

Popero
Apr 17, 2001

.406/.553/.735
I'm pro-Sarah but a tribe made up of Ben, Sophie, and Adam, yikes.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I think Sarah is well positioned. She has a good advantage to protect her, and I think Sophie is going to be a loyal ally to her given how well they worked when they got rid of Rob.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
I am rooting for Cops-R-Us, Sophie, and Yul. Cops-R-Us for entertainment value, Yul for the feels, and Sophie because she got a raw deal edit on South Pacific because of Coach and Brandon insanity.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
I think Sophie was a fine winner and a good player. Not her fault her season was kinda poo poo and she had to put up with the Coach cult the whole game.

Tyson and Natalie are the only players on EoE that I wish were still in the game. Never really bought into the Rob or Parvati hype and think they're massively overrated as players. Parvati wouldn't have even won her season if it was a F3.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

freeman posted:

I think Sophie was a fine winner and a good player. Not her fault her season was kinda poo poo and she had to put up with the Coach cult the whole game.

Tyson and Natalie are the only players on EoE that I wish were still in the game. Never really bought into the Rob or Parvati hype and think they're massively overrated as players. Parvati wouldn't have even won her season if it was a F3.

Sophie was a great winner BECAUSE she defeated coach while he was being his coachiest

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!
I feel like Sandra deserves a lot more criticism than she’s getting for effectively signing her own death warrant.

By agreeing to one token before, one token after tribal it set the price for keeping Sandra at one fire token. Denise was immune so she had the freedom to take a risk. Sandra earned none of the goodwill she might have got from just giving Denise the idol straight up. She could have even agreed to sell it for one fire token and been fine. She created a dynamic where keeping Sandra around cost Denise something perceived to be valuable and voting her out cost her nothing.

There are so many ways Sandra could have played that situation and been ok, but she found the one way to screw it up spectacularly.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
Sandra's been getting a ton of criticism here and elsewhere it seems. Only disagreement seems to be whether or not Denise screwed up by playing the 2nd idol.

She should have just played the idol on herself. Giving the idol to Denise for any or no cost just sets her up for a an easy move that'll look great to jurors at the end without making any enemies.

freeman fucked around with this message at 03:04 on Mar 24, 2020

BGrifter
Mar 16, 2007

Congratulations!

freeman posted:

Sandra's been getting a ton of criticism here and elsewhere it seems. Only disagreement seems to be whether or not Denise screwed up by playing the 2nd idol.

Yeah, that’s an open question. I really don’t know whether it was smart of Denise to do so. Falls into the category of “need more data” to me.

Now that I’ve had a little time to process it I’m just in awe of how spectacularly Sandra screwed things up. Probably the worst gameplay all season.

Stokes
Jun 13, 2003

Maybe Kris can come in, and we can throw M-80s at his asshole.
If Denise screwed up playing her second idol on Jeremy, then Parvati screwed up playing her first idol on Sandra when they blindsided J.T. on HvV. I don't think either screwed up but, the dichotomy of the two moves is pretty cool.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jfNWAyh4Zn0

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

e.martin
Jun 22, 2018

All my favorites are out of the regular game. Tyson, Rob, Sandra, Parv. Rooting for someone to make it back into the game and win it all.