Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

yeah inward perfection empires just have war declared on them constantly, like in my experience (ime) people hate them more than the explicitly genocidal guys, which makes no sense to me. we just wanna be left alone!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

Is it I that is insane... or the rest of the world?

a fatguy baldspot posted:

yeah inward perfection empires just have war declared on them constantly, like in my experience (ime) people hate them more than the explicitly genocidal guys, which makes no sense to me. we just wanna be left alone!!

This happened to me so often.

I'm bordering a guy and a fanatical purifier. Both of these are bordering each other.

Who does he rival?

Me, of course!

Zurai
Feb 13, 2012

Wait -- I haven't even voted in this game yet!

Yami Fenrir posted:

This happened to me so often.

I'm bordering a guy and a fanatical purifier. Both of these are bordering each other.

Who does he rival?

Me, of course!

They're scared of the Fanatical Purifier. You, meanwhile, can't do poo poo to them.

Autism Sneaks
Nov 21, 2016
thinking about starting a game with x.25 cost Tech/Traditions where it's twenty advanced start Inward Perfectionists on broken Ringworlds with console commanded Science Nexuses vs my killer robots

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Honestly I have had tremendous luck with Inward Perfectionist lately, mostly by deliberately staying feeble in fleet terms. Do build large bastions to hide behind if the AI does try to come for you early, but from what I've seen the AI can't rival you if you're Pathetic in relative power (which on Grand Admiral and with no fleet, you certainly will be), and then they basically never attack you. Though I have yet to be tested by starting next to a purgy type.

Electro-Boogie Jack
Nov 22, 2006
bagger mcguirk sent me.

Natural 20 posted:

I have no idea how you get these diverse fleets when fleet manager just shits the bed constantly now. So often I'll just have it be unable to reinforce a fleet because there's 3 things queued for that fleet on -1 seconds.

Yeah between ghost ships that never finish clogging up the queue and ships that ARE finished just hanging out by the starbase in their own separate fleets instead of reinforcing, it looks like they hosed up the fleet window pretty badly.

MrL_JaKiri
Sep 23, 2003

A bracing glass of carrot juice!

Psycho Landlord posted:

Probably not what happened to you, they're all big pause the game moments like crises spawning. Interesting that it happened while poo poo was en route for an upgrade though, if that's reproducible we might have found out what causes it.

Mine disappeared while upgrading too, so this may well be it.

Mokotow
Apr 16, 2012

Last time I played was with tiles. I can’t make sense of the district, building and jobs thing. Any recommendations for a guide?

orangelex44
Oct 11, 2012

Definition of orange:

Any of a group of colors that are between red and yellow in hue. Middle English, from Anglo-French, from Old Occitan, from Arabic, from Persian, from Sanskrit.

Definition of lex:

Law. Latin.

Clarste posted:

I got Age of Wonders: Planetfall, for the record. Thanks for all the other suggestions though, I'll keep an on Distant Worlds sales or sequels or whatever.

Good! AOW:P is the dope poo poo and you should come pop in the thread and/or the discord.

AnEdgelord
Dec 12, 2016
What does association status do for either the federation granting it or the empire getting it?

Sloober
Apr 1, 2011
Passively improves your relationship with the federations members, so you can eventually join it

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

A few things I noticed on a Voidborne start:
~The system starts with two 1 value Mineral deposits on the moons of one of the planets in the special starter system that Voidborne gets. This is the only time I have ever seen value 1 mineral deposits; I get the impression that they are here for players to put future mining Habitats over. However, you cannot because you cannot put Habitats over moons.
~Techs that improve planet districts dont seem to help Habitat Districts, like the one that improves City District housing. Lame.
~The aforementioned unlocks in the Prosperity Ascension tree are worthless. Very disappointing.
~Theres no housing building?!?

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
:cool: bug, PDX.

If you are vassalised and then your overlord joins a federation, there will never ever be a way to break the vassalisation unless you manage to become the leader of the federation make a law that prevents vassals from joining it. Which I assume is something that requires the DLC because I don't have it yet and don't see any option to do that. (Or using the console)

Also I guess the League of Non-Aligned Powers is just a permanent federation now?

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Mar 24, 2020

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

what do i do with a planet that has max districts once I need more jobs? ship the pops somewhere else?

AtomikKrab
Jul 17, 2010

Keep on GOP rolling rolling rolling rolling.

what do i do with a planet that has max districts once I need more jobs? ship the pops somewhere else?

Change districts over to cities, upgrade buildings etc. by the time you can truly fill a planet its getting late in the game.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

Mokotow posted:

Last time I played was with tiles. I can’t make sense of the district, building and jobs thing. Any recommendations for a guide?

For the most part districts produce raw materials (food energy minerals), buildings use those to produce refined materials (alloys, consumer goods) and things like science, unity, amenities, administrative capacity, etc. There are also buildings that boost the output of your districts. Both districts and buildings generally require pops to work in them.

Some advanced planet types like Ecumenopoleis, Habitats and Ring Worlds have districts that produce refined materials, and these are generally Very Good.

If you want sone more details on how to play, check out Stefan Annon on YouTube, he's putting together a "how to play properly" series that's almost done, and is neither an idiot nor awful to listen to which is nice.

binge crotching
Apr 2, 2010

The Friends like These mod still works with 2.6, but some of the empires spawn with only a single civic (presumably due to the removal of things like Mechanist and Life Seeded). I think it was made by a goon, but I don't remember who.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

orangelex44 posted:

Good! AOW:P is the dope poo poo and you should come pop in the thread and/or the discord.

I just played a quick game as Amazon where I got some Dvar colonist and then researched Mountain Breaker so I could turn literally every land sector on the map into Arcadian Forests. I dunno if that's a good idea or not, but it was amusing.

Also riding dinosaurs.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

AtomikKrab posted:

Change districts over to cities, upgrade buildings etc. by the time you can truly fill a planet its getting late in the game.

no i mean the planet is full up on districts and buildings and still has unemployed people

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

no i mean the planet is full up on districts and buildings and still has unemployed people

Use a social welfare policy and then every unemployed worker generates unity instead of unhappiness

The alternative is to shuffle pops around to where they're needed but social welfare is way easier

bobtheconqueror
May 10, 2005

AtomikKrab posted:

-> OH GOD MY INCOME/FOOD

I had this exact same experience. Like, where did all the food go!? The farmer's got promoted? gently caress!

OddObserver
Apr 3, 2009

Did you research building upgrades?

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

bobtheconqueror posted:

I had this exact same experience. Like, where did all the food go!? The farmer's got promoted? gently caress!

favorite the farmer job before building other segments, then build commercial segment for the Merchants. The Ringworld start is a tale of fighting your own pops to not make them starve to death in an empty penthouse because nobody is working in the TV factories or the farms, just because there was a well paid job as a scientist free.

Yami Fenrir fucked around with this message at 07:09 on Mar 24, 2020

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

If that includes the building upgrades, ship the pops somewhere else.

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

i need to research building upgrades!

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

i need to research building upgrades!

Technically, it really only shifts the problem to the Refinery buildings, cuz you can't upgrade these at all :shepicide:

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.

Psycho Landlord posted:

Probably not what happened to you, they're all big pause the game moments like crises spawning. Interesting that it happened while poo poo was en route for an upgrade though, if that's reproducible we might have found out what causes it.

Seems there was only thing in common for those - they were all en route to a juggernaut, which was busy upgrading itself, then clicked to move to adjacent system but upon seeing that it cancelled the upgrade I clicked on it once again so it was in fact stationary.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
Speaking of the juggernaut, there is also a bug where you can fully research a colossus, have it ready to be built, but not have the colossal shipyard building appear on the starbase building list. Which, by wild speculation, I'm assuming is because someone tied the building to the Federations DLC due to needing it to build a juggernaut.

Also, are federations more dynamic in the DLC as far as who is part of them? Previously there was always 'galactic drama' of people coming and going from the federations that formed, but in the few games I've played since 2.6, a few federations are created near the start of the game and then everyone in the galaxy joins one of them and then everything gets set in stone (until War in Heaven). There didn't really even seem to be any defensive pacts or other such diplomacy going on, just either vassalising their neighbours or joining one of the two/three federations.

Black Pants fucked around with this message at 08:11 on Mar 24, 2020

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

QuarkJets posted:

Use a social welfare policy and then every unemployed worker generates unity instead of unhappiness

The alternative is to shuffle pops around to where they're needed but social welfare is way easier

Idea for a mod/next patch, modders/Paradox goons: make the unemployed icon disappear if under social welfare policy. They're not unemployed anymore, they're paid preachers.

tithin
Nov 14, 2003

[Grandmaster Tactician]

I have no idea how sectors work anymore

Yami Fenrir
Jan 25, 2015

tithin posted:

They don't :V

Jokes aside, you manually select a sector capital from your planets. Any planets within 4 tiles of that get added to the sector.

Now, you can automate them but... I'd really honestly not.

You do need to make sectors to add governors, though.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

tithin posted:

Yami Fenrir posted:

They don't :V

Jokes aside, you manually select a sector capital from your planets. Any planets within 4 tiles of that get added to the sector.

Now, you can automate them but... I'd really honestly not.

You do need to make sectors to add governors, though.

Automation is generally mediocre to bad still, but it's not completely boneheaded anymore (no precinct spam except on one occasion, in my personal experience). I'd use the planetary automation rather than sector wide, as it gives you a bit more granularity. It uses the same shared resource pools.

The way I approach it right now is my home sector gets micromanaged by myself; new sectors I let them do their thing once I set up the planet designation on what makes sense, and if I need a resource urgently I override their choices.

ShadowHawk
Jun 25, 2000

CERTIFIED PRE OWNED TESLA OWNER

AnEdgelord posted:

What does association status do for either the federation granting it or the empire getting it?
It functions as a non-aggression pact with all federation members. Neither side can declare war, and ending it creates a truce. And it builds trust.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Stellaris just downloaded an 80mb patch today but no idea what it was, anyone?

Psycho Landlord
Oct 10, 2012

What are you gonna do, dance with me?

New patch just dropped, allegedly fixed disappearing Juggs and strike craft damage upgrade research

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Psycho Landlord posted:

New patch just dropped, allegedly fixed disappearing Juggs and strike craft damage upgrade research

It also fixes sector automation from spendingall the budget clearing blockers you don't have the tech for.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Ah nevermind it's 2.6.2.

quote:

#################################################################
######################### VERSION 2.6.2 ###########################
#################################################################

###################
# Bugfixes
###################

* Fixed strike craft damage modifiers not being applied.
* Fixed so a designable starbase updates correctly on upgrading. This fixes the issue with juggernauts that have been upgraded, disappearing.
* Fixed the sectors trying to clear blockers they can't.

Glad i'm holding off on Federations tbh it sounds like it is a mess.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Saros posted:

Glad i'm holding off on Federations tbh it sounds like it is a mess.

It's really not, I didn't even encounter any of these bugs

Davincie
Jul 7, 2008

is there any fix for fleets having ships in the production queue with a -1 so the never get build besides making a new fleet each time and transferring ships

or a way to reliably avoid it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

~Theres no housing building?!?

As a stop-gap measure, I've been using fortresses. A basic fortress gives +1 housing on your habitat (haven't actually looked if that's added everywhere, as I don't really have many planets playing as a void dweller, anyway) and the upgrade gives +3 housing.

Not much, but by building multiple fortresses I've managed to stave off the inevitable point of having to discourage growth so I could at least build another building. Which in general, is another building for amenities, because the penalty from slowing down growth hurts a lot.