Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I... think there's only two levels I haven't played since my last session? I thought I was further behind.

Underwater Lagoon - Norton
I think it's a fine stage, the decor was good and it was just kind of nice to play through. That said I do feel it kinda overstayed its welcome. The underwater section didn't really pose much danger or force any descision making so it was just kind of 'shut my brain off and go to the end.' Some sections in particular struck me as odd where I'd just swim up for like 10-15 seconds without touching anything else. The final checkpoint especially stood out as bloopers were coming in on parachutes but uh, I just kinda mashed A and got through it fine.
I'd suggest using underwater spinies (they act like mines) or green cheep cheeps (they don't patrol) to force more on the fly choices, and maybe cutting down on the stage a bit to avoid that 'okay is this over soon?' feel.
Repeating, it's not a bad level! I liked it! Just need more practice on the underwater part :)

Mushroom Kingdom Self-isolation - Flint_Paper
I genuinely got up and went and washed my hands (because I sneezed) so your message is bold and I followed it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

This started out as me wanting to make a DKC factory kind of level, but quickly shifted to wanting to be space/alien themed. Then I tossed in a shooter-esque ending sequence that doesn't go on too long.

Feedback on this one would be nice as the shooting section is one of the first times I tried to make something like that and near the end there's some corner saws that I slipped by easily during 2 of my test plays, but got real hung up on during my last checkpoint clear check. Hoping that isn't too frustrating, otherwise I'd go back in and extend the rails a bit more.

Salastine
Nov 4, 2008
A nearby spire has been occupied, scout out the enemy and then report back.

Starlit Spire: 8P8-5PM-28G

1\3rd vertical auto-scrolling, 2\3rds not. All platforming with a variety of donut blocks, paratroopas, and lifts.

(A new Ninji speedrun is available, too.)

Salastine fucked around with this message at 04:04 on Mar 18, 2020

Sam Faust
Feb 20, 2015

Here's some levels. They're all straightforward arcadey levels with a clear condition. May or may not be particularly difficult.

Plant Problems
ID# 4YK-HWX-L1G
https://twitter.com/SamFaustus/status/1237245921336774656?s=20

Dangerous Daydreams
ID# SW1-N4X-6GG
https://twitter.com/SamFaustus/status/1238387165588885505?s=20

On cloud nine, ten, eleven, etc.
ID# J7R-T7B-KFG
https://twitter.com/SamFaustus/status/1240149622905069568?s=20

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Have something big to post tomorrow that I hope you'll all enjoy :shobon:

I'm sorry OMT for what I'm going to do.

Starlit Spire - Salastine
I think the level layout is really fun! I enjoyed the variety of gimmicks provided and I think everything flowed together. Only things that really stood out to me were
*Some enemy placements would wind up making me eat a hit. First time through a Goombud was just hovering over a platform I need to jump to and I just had to damage boost.
*The boot controls horribly in low grav oh my god
*The Lakitu at the end is kinda junk. Not that he didn't do anything but due to the clouds movements if I tried to jump to a platform he'd suddenly zip at me and hit me. He killed me a number of times just because he'd suddenly fly top speed at me after I commit to a jump and just argh. Big frustration happened. I hate that guy so much!!
It's all rather minor and not sure what could be done about Lakitu, but hey I still dug it. Real good work man.

Plant Problems - SamFaust
Fun little shooting gallery. I think it works for the most part but it's a bit vanilla flavored. Just kinda stood on a platform turning back and forth to shoot fireballs and 'woop gotta go again to get the one row I missed'
I really am drawing a blank on how to fix this but maybe just add something to spice up any needed return trips so it's not just falling down a completely empty chasm just to get a single missed plant as that's kind of dull.
It's a good concept though, for what that's worth!

Dangerous Daydreams - SamFaust
I broke grandpa's bones.
This level feels like it shouldn't be anywhere near as hard as I made it out to be and I was highly considering quitting out due to frustration mounting. Like, I felt like the jank physics were killing me more than me being unprepared or not reacting to things fast enough and that never feels good. (The backwards blue staircase in particular)
I gave it a heart, but it's not the kind of level I'm usually into. I'm sure some people will enjoy it though.

On cloud nine, ten, eleven, etc. - SamFaust
Yeah I quit out almost right away. I gave it a few shots but levels like this frustrate the living hell out of me. It's super unforgiving and I feel like slowing down for even a second cost me the entire run and just man, it ain't for me.
If you want randos to stick with it I suggest giving more clouds or easing up a little bit. If I got it in endless I'd appreciate the effort into it- but I'd be hitting skip right away as it's a life killer.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Double posting for this.

A lot of people are stuck inside and bored and thankfully Animal Crossing is coming out soon. Thing is I know some people won't be picking it up, or will want something else to do so... I put together a small 5 level world for people to play. I like to think it's my own silly way of keeping people entertained. So I present my little Starlight Collection

Each level is tilted to the slightly tougher side of things with Drifts probably being the easier of the group, but they're a set of stages that take place at night that range from auto scrollers to heavy use of gimmicks to a speedrun athletic course. I hope you enjoy :shobon:

Starlight Harbor
MJF - 82C - PNG

A level with little flooring. Use vines and slowed down enemies to keep pushing forward underneath a bunch of giant red ships! Has a dumb gag death hidden in it.

Starlight Sands
MLB - N17 - 4MG

A windy classic kuribo level. It turns into a auto-scroller midway through so be careful! See if you can bring the shoe through the entire stage!

Starlight Drifts
FCS - XKQ - RFF

A ice level with a ice melting gimmick. Open up the path with question mark blocks and keep ahead of fireball spitting pipes as you look for your house keys!

Starlight Falls
FFP - BKL - 6DF

A shifting poison course with dips in and out into the killer drink. Halfway through you'll need to escape a rising tide of dangerous goop as I show why I think auto-scrolling vertical stages are cool.

Starlight Carnival
KRP - 64L - BYG

A speedrun course where you'll need to optimize your movement to keep going fast. The sub-area you can't slow down for a second otherwise you'll die!! Follow the coin trails and go fast!!

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Oh man! That level dump. I'm happy to work my way through them all.

Speaking of, here's tonight's level list for the stream at 5 PM PDT/8PM EDT. I tried to take one level from everyone, if nothing else to save more SA levels for later, but feel free to submit more if you want to see them played sooner rather than later.

https://www.twitch.tv/onemoretimegfsn

1. Cosmic Crusher
By: ThisIsACoolGuy 8WM-T38-VJF

2. Starlit Spire
By: Salastine 8P8-5PM-28G

3. Plant Problems
By: Sam Faust 4YK-HWX-L1G

4. Starlight Harbor
By: ThisIsACoolGuy MJF-82C-PNG

5. Switch on the Fight
By TheNewArtist88 RQ7-DGK-P1H

6. Fun Yoshi Saw Jumps
By: Fishy_Taco 41H-HDS-P5G

7. Thwomp Wall Jump Challenge
By: RicardoVJ LN1-9BH-BGG

8. Drastic Spastic D-Pad Dashtastic
By: CSH_Blue_Eyes W8K-7WM-0SF

9. 10 Second Snow Quest Speedrun
By: Zbua H27-Q5W-TNF

10. YoStevenSamurai's stage
By: YoStevenSamurai 95X-RYQ-8MF

11. St Patricks Snake Hunt
By: MrPaulMahon MLS-W1H-48G

12. Magikoopa's Spinning Curse
By: Loichte F53-7FT-YVG

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
Between work and other games I haven't touched this at all in a while. I'm happy to see this thread is still going strong and OneMoreTime is making one million dollars off of Mario Maker content.

I hope the next Direct has some new Mario Maker toys to work with though, I exhausted my ideas for the spike balls and dash pad pretty quickly

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Same, I hope we hear a bit about some new stuff soon. I wonder with E3 being cancelled they might drip-feed what would have otherwise been their big E3 direct, and maybe get some early MM2 news.

Oh, of speaking of the stream, we're going live with viewer levels here in about 15 minutes or so!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Well this level took me forever to make and I expect it to be broken immediately the second somebody gets their hands on it, but I made a puzzle level.

Dr. Mario Maker
700-Q3F-GBG

dead and busted

Phantasium fucked around with this message at 06:16 on Mar 24, 2020

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Here's last night's level list and VOD, thanks everyone who showed up and hung out!

https://www.twitch.tv/videos/570803715

1. Cosmic Crusher 00:26:30
By: ThisIsACoolGuy 8WM-T38-VJF

2. Starlit Spire 01:26:00
By: Salastine 8P8-5PM-28G

3. Plant Problems 01:42:00
By: Sam Faust 4YK-HWX-L1G

4. Starlight Harbor 01:49:45
By: ThisIsACoolGuy MJF-82C-PNG

5. Switch on the Fight 02:26:00
By TheNewArtist88 RQ7-DGK-P1H

6. Fun Yoshi Saw Jumps 02:52:00
By: Fishy_Taco 41H-HDS-P5G

7. Thwomp Wall Jump Challenge 03:01:00
By: RicardoVJ LN1-9BH-BGG

9. 10 Second Snow Quest Speedrun 03:07:15
By: Zbua H27-Q5W-TNF

10. YoStevenSamurai's stage
By: YoStevenSamurai 95X-RYQ-8MF

11. St Patricks Snake Hunt 03:12:00
By: MrPaulMahon MLS-W1H-48G

12. Magikoopa's Spinning Curse 03:34:15
By: Loichte F53-7FT-YVG

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

A shitty post? This calls for a dance of deduction.
Just played this last night and this game is crazy awesome. It's insane that you can make a Zelda 2 game out of this.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

My first course: WSC-QDB-0NG

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 5 PM PDT/8 PM EDT!

1. Dangerous Daydreams
By: Sam Faust SW1-N4X-6GG

2. Starlight Drifts
By: ThisIsACoolGuy FCS-XKQ-RFF

3. Dr. Mario Maker
By: Phantasium 700-Q3F-GBG

4. Punk rebel ecks's level
By: Punk rebel ecks WSC-QDB-0NG

5. 20 seconds: Fiery Note Rush
By: pubscrub PY7-LGQ-70H

6. Scenic Sky Block Trials
By: Podoboo Bryan P59-TDW-4DG

7. Stay With the Platform
By: Darkbrother829 R6D-CQ7-7GF

8. Pom Pom's Bounce House
By: Keepers327 P3J-R3V-XNF

9. The Snow Day Climb
By: ZZMartian 5TF-D28-G3G

10. The Azure Acropolis Adventure
By: Piratedude MLX-RVM-F7G

11. So Fresh, So Clean
By: Duschdecke G4Y-CX6-FRG

12. The Same Level for the 87th Time
By: petikGeorgiev C47-KMP-MGF

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Cool I made the list! :D

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

punk rebel ecks posted:

Cool I made the list! :D

Yeah OneMoreTime is awesome like that. He plays all our garbage and even pretends he likes it!

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

I have another level I made. If I post it now will it make it in time for tonight's stream?

Gnome Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2007

The skies are always sunny in the heart of flavor country.
Safety First - YY9-233-8WF - I thought this one was gonna be too difficult but judging by the early results it isn't?

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And we're going live in five minutes!

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

welp, figured that level wouldn't hold up to the slightest scrutiny

back to the drawing board.

like there's all sort of errors i changed things around on but "the boxes despawn randomly" was not one of them.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Phantasium posted:

like there's all sort of errors i changed things around on but "the boxes despawn randomly" was not one of them.

Was yours that six minute long puzzle one?

Udenpah
Mar 26, 2007
To see the mote that I preferred to all the lists of clay

Phantasium posted:

I could be mistaken, but I thought the boxes always despawned in a set order (oldest first) and I clearly remembered using that principle on your level in couple places. I like the concept and the first few puzzles, but repeating some of them if you failed was kinda rough.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Udenpah posted:

I could be mistaken, but I thought the boxes always despawned in a set order (oldest first) and I clearly remembered using that principle on your level in couple places. I like the concept and the first few puzzles, but repeating some of them if you failed was kinda rough.

I'm not talking about the boxes you make (which yeah, were totally part of the puzzle), when OneMoreTime played it the final puzzle, which relies on generic crates, the crates despawned and just let him go through.

There's other incredibly obvious things that were missing, and the third puzzle didn't work quite right, so I already took it down to change.

Udenpah
Mar 26, 2007

Phantasium posted:

I'm not talking about the boxes you make (which yeah, were totally part of the puzzle), when OneMoreTime played it the final puzzle, which relies on generic crates, the crates despawned and just let him go through.

There's other incredibly obvious things that were missing, and the third puzzle didn't work quite right, so I already took it down to change.

Ah, I was confused. Though, lol I think that same thing happened to me on the last puzzle, too.

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Alright let's see if this is less busted.

1WP-PF2-V1H

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe
Link's Epic Temple Quest

C0Y-74H-WJG

Silly little puzzle/troll level I threw together. I doubt I'm the first one to have this idea but OH WELL

the holy poopacy fucked around with this message at 00:17 on Mar 26, 2020

Norton
Feb 18, 2006

Straight White Shark posted:

Link's Epic Temple Quest

C0Y-74G-WJG

Silly little puzzle/troll level I threw together. I doubt I'm the first one to have this idea but OH WELL

I'm not finding anything under that ID

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

Norton posted:

I'm not finding anything under that ID

My bad, I corrected it.

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

Two new courses from me:

W0F-96D-XWG

W2B-5CF-8WF

Proud of both these ones. Especially the latter.

Straight White Shark posted:

Link's Epic Temple Quest

C0Y-74H-WJG

So am I suppose to try and cheat by jumping to the tip of the level and drop down to kill Bowser?

punk rebel ecks fucked around with this message at 04:59 on Mar 26, 2020

Rhythmancer
Jun 5, 2004
Mr. Saturn
Finally I make a course with some of the elements from the update that happened months ago. It's another fairly basic-rear end mario level. This one with a regular path and a pretty simple speed run path.

Over Frozen Ponds
C6X-KD0-B8G

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

punk rebel ecks posted:

So am I suppose to try and cheat by jumping to the tip of the level and drop down to kill Bowser?

Yes, that is exactly what you're supposed to do. Everything else is a red herring.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Level list for tonight's stream at 5 PM PDT/8 PM EDT

1. Starlight Falls

2. Safety First
By: Gnome Enthusiast YY9-233-8WF

3. Link's Epic Temple Quest
By: Straight White Shark C0Y-74H-WJG

4. Over Frozen Ponds
By: Rhythmancer C6X-KD0-B8G

5. Meteor Madness!
By: 757Actual Trash JCF-R9X-VSF

6. bncrshr's level
By: bncrshr 0F4-0R1-SMG

7. Crocodile Mile
By: Quefrence 53S-Y37-MLF

8. Iceblock Inferno
By: Newkyd 55M-0GW-VNG

9. Mistborn's level
By: Mistborn First Era 6LK-VM9-C3G

10. 1-2 Assault Ant Cavern
By: JMZen F5P-XFV-1DG

11. The Sea of Lava
By: JPA676 ML7-KJP-KGB

12. Thwomp & Dodge 2
By: Lamecustomgifs 8HM-XWN-N5G

punk rebel ecks
Dec 11, 2010

OneMoreTime posted:

Level list for tonight's stream at 5 PM PDT/8 PM EDT

1. Starlight Falls

2. Safety First

3. Link's Epic Temple Quest

4. Over Frozen Ponds

5. Meteor Madness!

6. bncrshr's level

7. Crocodile Mile

8. Iceblock Inferno

9. Mistborn's level

10. 1-2 Assault Ant Cavern

11. The Sea of Lava

12. Thwomp & Dodge 2

My levels didn't make the list. :(

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

punk rebel ecks posted:

My levels didn't make the list. :(

It wasn't intentional, I must have missed them when I was grabbing levels for tonight's stream. I'm sorry : (

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

And we're going live in 15 minutes!

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Rockin' Wonky Coaster

FTH-GB8-X1H

Since all theme parks are closed, why not experience a Wiggler Coaster!! Chills, thrills, & pokeys!? Be careful, looks like parts of the track are missing.

OneMoreTime
Feb 20, 2011

*quack*

Stream VOD and timestamps from last night's stream. Thanks to everyone who made it!

VOD: https://www.twitch.tv/videos/577048003

1. Starlight Falls 00:31:30

2. Safety First 00:45:00

3. Link's Epic Temple Quest 01:01:45

4. Over Frozen Ponds 01:24:45

5. Meteor Madness! 01:39:45

6. bncrshr's level 01:49:00

7. Crocodile Mile 02:15:00

8. Iceblock Inferno 02:43:15

9. Mistborn's level 02:53:00

10. 1-2 Assault Ant Cavern 03:03:45

11. The Sea of Lava

12. Thwomp & Dodge 2 03:08:30

InternetBully
Mar 17, 2004
I bully, on the internet.
I made this infographic:

super fart shooter
Feb 11, 2003

-quacka fat-
My first course ever, Tree Chomp Forest

F9R-S9M-X2G

I wanted it to be the SMW forest theme, but I guess you have to have water on that one, so to make up for the lack of pits I put bone fish in the water. Except it turns out they can actually kill themselves pretty easily by swimming to the surface? Plus I had to put vines and stuff all over so you wouldn't just be stuck if you fall in and do survive. I guess I could have just made muncher pits or whatever, but I think it turned out pretty good nevertheless, and I learned a lot lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Udenpah
Mar 26, 2007

super fart shooter posted:

My first course ever, Tree Chomp Forest

F9R-S9M-X2G

That's a lot of chomps. I appreciated the water not being pits, as it made the very tight spaces occupied with bitey doggos much more forgiving. Its seems like it one could speed run it pretty well and going fast felt pretty alright. Good start.

Phantasium posted:

1WP-PF2-V1H

Seemed less busted overall, ie: I actually completed the final puzzle instead of it randomly popping off like in the last iteration. The check point spacing was highly appreciated, too, as I timed out my first run through.

Very interesting infographic. Danke!

Palmtree Panic posted:

Rockin' Wonky Coaster
FTH-GB8-X1H

I was killed several times by furious wiggler rear end. Would ride again.

Trying to catch up to the rest of the thread in the next 2 days. (OMG ThisIsACoolGuy, so many levels)

Udenpah fucked around with this message at 05:50 on Mar 29, 2020