Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Stand back, this could get messy.

Spinz posted:

Congrats on quitting smoking!!!!
Remember its all in your head after like a couple days--- any physical after that is absolutely tolerable.
I smoked for 30 years, quit cold turkey in October. The only thing I noticed was I was constipated for like 3 months (lol)
And the cravings were super bad with one activity (art in my case)

You can do this :)

Thanks! I was a pretty light smoker this time around but my last cig was the 12th and even being stone drunk and anxious I've had just about zero cravings which completely surprised me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
I don't have poo poo to do but make stupid rear end buttons and im goin' insane but at least I'm havin' fun

Only registered members can see post attachments!

numberoneposter
Feb 19, 2014

How much do I cum? The answer might surprise you!

Fallows posted:

That is only 6000 laps of that balcony ive never run a marathon but that doesnt seem too bad
let me know when he does an ironman length triathlon on his balcony :smug:

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

empty whippet box posted:

I don't have poo poo to do but make stupid rear end buttons and im goin' insane but at least I'm havin' fun

If you can mass produce those and link them to a charity you'd be set.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1241890624128929797

hahahahah the reaction to this is great

colas
Feb 14, 2007

empty whippet box posted:

Please sell me one.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Please make one of guppy girl saying something that she said. I only heard "nom" when she spoke.

mrfart
May 26, 2004

Dear diary, today I
became a captain.

Deformed Church posted:

Where are you getting that from? At best the number of new cases today has fallen slightly compared to the past two or three days but that's marginal and today isn't quite over anyway.

Belgian media. death today: 602, yesterday: 651, Saturday: 793.
They also had the lowest growth rate since the outbreak of the disease.
It's still a lot, though.
I guess I was hoping they're catching up now at the hospitals.
They're also getting some international help.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug
cant stop eating nothing else to do all day

Tafferling
Oct 22, 2008

DOOT DOOT
ALL ABOARD THE ISS POLOKONZERVA

Beachcomber posted:

Can't determine if this is reliable or not, but my wife got a news alert that says a doctor in Italy says they're not putting anyone over 60 on respiratory equipment anymore. This is different than the UK thing a few days ago.

https://www.jpost.com/International/Israeli-doctor-in-Italy-We-no-longer-help-those-over-60-621856

That's reheated bullshit. It's the same wording of a debunked fake news that was making the rounds since early may. Only instead of an Israeli doctor it was an anonymous random cardiologist.

Deformed Church
May 12, 2012

5'5", IQ 81

mrfart posted:

Belgian media. death today: 602, yesterday: 651, Saturday: 793.
They also had the lowest growth rate since the outbreak of the disease.
It's still a lot, though.
I guess I was hoping they're catching up now at the hospitals.
They're also getting some international help.

True, it does seem to have slowed down. I'm just not ready to think they're in any way "over it" yet.

ruddiger
Jun 3, 2004

Philthy posted:

Prison squats.

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

everybody relax, i'm here
Nap Ghost
I tell ya it's very revealing when everyone on your team is working from home. For example when someone asks you the steps to do basic tasks that everyone assumed this person had been doing for years, which seems to be happening quite a lot. First off why reveal that you've been functionally useless this entire time and second why start doing your job now. It clearly hasn't mattered either way

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

colas posted:

Please sell me one.

okay

pro starcraft loser posted:

If you can mass produce those and link them to a charity you'd be set.

I can produce a lot but I am very poor and cannot really be doing charity right now but if I could at least make costs back I would totes do charity buttons

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Are people quitting smoking and vaping because of the roni? Should I be shorting tobacco and vaping stocks?

pro starcraft loser
Jan 23, 2006

Shaocaholica posted:

Are people quitting smoking and vaping because of the roni? Should I be shorting tobacco and vaping stocks?

I'm shut in and don't really feel like smoking much while a respiratory virus is running around. Can't say if anyone else is doing the same but it was a better excuse than any.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

bird with big dick posted:

Eat and drink my rear end

If you're going to quote Jesus, cite the chapter and verse.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E
Did people hoard cigs and vapes?

Galewolf
Jan 9, 2007

The human gallbladder is indeed a puzzle!
BoJo can't have a press conference because someone is bound to ask "What happened to the herd-immunity" plan, mate?"

I don't think police can enforce any of these measures and dumb idiots seem like they're hellbent on being outside until army starts rolling.

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Philthy posted:

Work on getting up to 100 pushups per day

Once you can do that, work on doing a handstand against the wall

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar

lol

https://twitter.com/frenjaminbench/status/1241896630766276608

Hyzenth1ay
Oct 24, 2008

Spinz posted:

I remember that feeling. It is astoundingly horrific. Tell yourself this will pass. It will. You will get through it and feel better than you do now.

I’m nobody who just shitposts but this helped me today too. I crushed four bottles of wine this weekend and while I’m not hung over per se I feel panicked and awful.

So thanks Spinster.

Cacafuego
Jul 22, 2007

There are several craft breweries around my place that are offering growler/growler deliveries for free. Gonna stock up with out stepping out

mossyfisk
Nov 8, 2010

FF0000
When Trump gets it, do you think he'll take the miracle cure or suddenly be convinced by medical advice?

Piggy Smalls
Jun 21, 2015

BOSS MAKES A DOLLAR,
YOU MAKE A DIME,
I'LL LICK HIS BOOT TILL THOSE MOTHERFUCKERS SHINE.

Trump is going to reopen everything in 2 weeks. We are all dead lmfao!!

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Hadlock posted:

Work on getting up to 100 pushups per day

Once you can do that, work on doing a handstand against the wall

go cougars

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

Cacafuego posted:

There are several craft breweries around my place that are offering growler/growler deliveries for free. Gonna stock up with out stepping out

This sounds like a sex thing. Is this a sex thing?

Fluffy Bunnies
Jan 10, 2009

Piggy Smalls posted:

In 2 weeks things will be so dire that there won't be enough people to work

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

Piggy Smalls posted:

Dipshit in chief can reopen whatever he wants, VA governer today shut down schools for the rest of the(academic) year. My companies already making plans for this to go through July and that's phase 1

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

Yeah, I agree with those posts. What the gently caress were they planning that a social media company had 720,000 masks?

Katamari Democracy
Jan 19, 2010

Guess what! :love:
Guess what this is? :love:
A Post, Just for you! :love:
Wedge Regret
Trump just said something along the lines of "I love how we have empty seats to keep some of the nasty reporters out of this room. Where there ever come a time when they can come back in"?

Jesus loving christ.

naem
May 29, 2011

The Human Crouton posted:

Yeah, I agree with those posts. What the gently caress were they planning that a social media company had 720,000 masks?

those fires in CA the last few years were awful, breathing in ash was terrible I bet that’s what they were thinking with the masks

Justin Credible
Aug 27, 2003

happy cat

Bleusilences posted:

Quebec just have the list of essential service and it's quite extensive. Here is a rough English translation of it:

https://montreal.ctvnews.ca/here-are-the-essential-businesses-and-services-that-will-stay-open-during-quebec-s-covid-19-shutdown-1.4864805

This is what's going on in Spain right now. LITERALLY PULLING OLDER PEOPLE OFF. My state is estimated to run out of respirators by the end of the month.

https://twitter.com/WellingMichael/status/1241491706677284870

Supreme Allah
Oct 6, 2004

Nap Ghost

“To help, Facebook donated our emergency reserve of 720,000 masks that we had bought in case the wildfires continued,” Zuckerberg said in a post

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

Supreme Allah posted:

Dipshit in chief can reopen whatever he wants, VA governer today shut down schools for the rest of the(academic) year. My companies already making plans for this to go through July and that's phase 1

Yeah he’s clearly trying to float this “15 days” bullshit to try and get it into the popular mentality and so his cultists take up arms whenever they see it mentioned. Same exact thing as “fake news” and “MSDNC” and “Chinese virus.”

Get mad all you want about :godwin: but it’s literally the same poo poo nazi propagandists did. He’s such a vile child-minded person it’s unbelievable seeing these people get played like puppets

empty whippet box
Jun 9, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
gently caress it i love the roni I'm married to it now

Only registered members can see post attachments!

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

The yearly California fire season

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Hazo posted:

Yeah he’s clearly trying to float this “15 days” bullshit to try and get it into the popular mentality and so his cultists take up arms whenever they see it mentioned. Same exact thing as “fake news” and “MSDNC” and “Chinese virus.”

Get mad all you want about :godwin: but it’s literally the same poo poo nazi propagandists did. He’s such a vile child-minded person it’s unbelievable seeing these people get played like puppets

perhaps he'll die

how does 'Roni react to a body full of uppers?

AlmightyBob
Sep 8, 2003

little less than an hour till the governor of washington gives a press conference. hopefully this means I won't have to go to work tomorrow. old people love getting within an inch of your face to talk to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hadlock
Nov 9, 2004

Yeah Paradise or whatever, burnt down an entire city + mountain, the smoke in SF (70+ miles away) was so things m thick you couldn't see two streets away

Whole city pretty much shut down and went to sleep for 4 days. Turns out wood smoke has a direct impact on your ability to think and do more than basic functions if exposed for more than 8 hours.

You can get out of bed and microwave hot pockets, maybe take a shower, do basic math, but you can't really do thinking processes with that kind of air pollution

N95 removes 99% of wood smoke, allows your brain to work

After the last fires we bought 20 N95 maybe 18 months ago for personal use