Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pylons
Mar 16, 2009

DuhSal posted:

does the game let you know you're getting a meteor shower ahead of time?

I think it only happens if you talk to a villager and they make reference to it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

dividertabs posted:

I've invited 2 new villagers. Can I build 2 houses without any risk of uggos moving in?

i hosed up i couldn't find any cute villagers and now i have a bunch of ugly motherfuckers moving in

yesterday was some cat with a pig nose. the stupid donkey arrived today. tomorrow is the gross rhino. one of my starters was a unibrow squirrel, my only good villager is Flip

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

AOCs Pink Pearl posted:

Loved house of leaves

also nice av/post combo

I missed the username at first and got all excited about an infinitely expanding basement addition :sigh:

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
Opening the gates to goons for a while if anyone wants to come chill // Dodo code is MKMG9

I have peaches

A Concrete Divider fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 24, 2020

ssb
Feb 16, 2006

WOULD YOU ACCOMPANY ME ON A BRISK WALK? I WOULD LIKE TO SPEAK WITH YOU!!

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

ATTENTION GAMERS
This wallpaper is available for sale from Saharah in my town today. If you would like to come visit my town, please join the discord listed in the OP and go to the New Horizons channel, I've had like 25 people coming and going in town and this is the most efficient way to keep the numbers reasonable so people constantly trying to join doesn't make things totally impossible

Thanks a ton! Even with discord coordination, it's still a bit of a madhouse.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

So wait, you can send Best Friends items in the mail and it doesn't take until the next day? How long does it take?

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Shut down the Grape Escape for tonight.

Also, does anyone know at what rate weeds grow? I let someone weed a bit, and I miss my weeds.

The Vinja Ninja
Mar 16, 2006

Sometimes, time beats you.
I got Drago and Billy in my village and they both are really getting along.

they both took over the town square singing this song

https://twitter.com/nangngzruk/status/1242240038999453696

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Macaluso posted:

I have to go to bed so unfortunately the tarantula trick just didn't work for me. I followed the instructions but butterflies just kept spawning no matter what.

Tarantulas don't spawn in the southern hemisphere so... maybe that's your problem?

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie
Is there a button I can press to identify an item in the game world? Like if I walk up to a tree with no fruit on it, can I determine what type of tree it is?

edit: Anyone have an island with cherries that wouldn't mind opening up so I can snag some? PM me your code if you don't mind.

Jose Oquendo fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 24, 2020

Wollawolla
Jan 15, 2007

Are you gonna smash my skull and breathe my blood-mist?

Jose Oquendo posted:

Is there a button I can press to identify an item in the game world? Like if I walk up to a tree with no fruit on it, can I determine what type of tree it is?

You can eat fruit and shovel up the tree to identify it from inventory and replant it without losing anything.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

My little bro just got the game. It's nice, cuz we're not going to be able to visit him for awhile due to the whole... ya know... so now we can hang out on each other's islands instead!

I'll need to put together a care package for him with fruit and a vaulting pole and ladder!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
grinding spider island isn't as fun as I thought it would be

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

indigi posted:

grinding spider island isn't as fun as I thought it would be

Boring or you keep getting bit?

If it's the latter trap one of the spiders with holes pull out your net so it goes into attack mode then enjoy easy picking because as long as one spider is in attack mode the others won't bother you.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

shades of elephant/golden beetle island

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
This has probably already been mentioned, but locking other people out of progression on the same system just because they didn't play first is really loving stupid.

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

Yeah, this is a warning that grinding for bugs in a special zone in an animal crossing game is a slippery slope that will suck all of the chill out of the game. I don't recommend it.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

I tried the spider island trick on this spiral island and after about 45 minutes I got 6 tarantulas. It's so tedious that I'm just gonna stop, do Nook Miles as per usual, and if I get spider island naturally I'll take it because drat the effort/reward ratio is not great.

Snake Maze
Jul 13, 2016

3.85 Billion years ago
  • Having seen the explosion on the moon, the Devil comes to Venus
Yeah, I ended up regretting it in New Leaf. Not gonna mess with that stuff this time around.

A Concrete Divider
Jan 20, 2012

The Unbearable Whiteness of Eating
thanks for stopping by pablo, kyle and seven

So Math
Jan 8, 2013

Ghostly Clothier

Johnny Truant posted:

:bubblewoop:

Unrelated: is Saharah only visiting for northern hemi islands? I just scoured mine for her and no dice, hm

Oh I wonder if I should complete the resident services customization, could that affect it? I should do it anyway, just been lazy..

She's visiting me in the southern hemisphere today. It's random for everyone.

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY
Feb 3, 2006

Pears and clothes available if anybody wants to drop by: 8H280

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY fucked around with this message at 02:29 on Mar 24, 2020

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i only grinded out spider island because i happened upon one while doing a trip to gather iron ore. i am not gonna go explicitly looking for them or try and make an island into one.

Mega64
May 23, 2008

I took the octopath less travelered,

And it made one-eighth the difference.
I want to go to tarantula island and let the tarantulas rend the flesh from my bones.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

https://twitter.com/clocksprocket/status/1242251277595070464?s=19

I'm having a chill time just catching fish/bugs throughout the day and selling those. It's nice at night even with the 20% penalty because hermit crabs and emperor butterflies are usually somewhat common and sell for a decent amount, and that's not counting any pricy fish.

It's almost 9pm so I'm going to be starting stringfish operation part 2. I have like 40 fish bait on me, here's to hoping I don't waste it in the wrong place.

I know the villagers will eventually cycle lines but man, the wonder of AC and talking to them for the first amount of time never fails to make me smile. I walked up to a villager concentrating with a net and she told me to SHHH SHE WAS GOING TO CATCH THIS BUG. Narrator: she did not catch the bug. But afterwards she told me she would at any cost.

Another villager complimented my shirt and gave me a hat that they said would match it. (it didn't. But I appreciate free stuff!) Can't wait til I have a full town of them walking around.

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

lunar detritus posted:

Tarantulas don't spawn in the southern hemisphere so... maybe that's your problem?

Nope I'm in the northern hemisphere

Maple Leaf
Aug 24, 2010

Let'en my post flyen true

lunar detritus posted:

oh what the hell

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Tried to come by but it says you’re on your Nookphone

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i hope with enough hard work i can transform my normal island into a hosed up spider hell den & wreak havok upon my neighbors :twisted:

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i just spent two and a half hours trying to catch a freakin blue marlin before getting one. caught 4 coelecanths in the process. had also spent two hours yesterday trying to catch a blue marlin and got 3 tuna and 3 oarfish instead.

i did finally get a blue marlin though. thank god for fish bait because trying to get that drat thing otherwise would be a living nightmare.

Dazerbeams
Jul 8, 2009

Still no stringfish or trout. I am going through all my bait and nothing.

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

LIVE AMMO COSPLAY posted:

Thank you, I had just been looking for a ribbon!

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

I'm drowning in hard wood (heh). What's a good use of it, even if it's just crafting into something to sell?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I found out the best trick to get rich in Animal Crossing. Be the person hosting when you got turnips selling at 565. Been jam packed all day with discord goons coming in to offload them root veggies. Generous tippers have left me with more bells than I know what to do with!

Was lucky to have post-noon prices and able to leave it all day while working from home. Thanks to everyone who came by and endured the insane waits as 8 people constantly shuffled in and out and thank you especially for all the tips.

If anyone here needs to offload some nips, my stores and gates are open for about another hour and forty five.

---- turnips@565

edit: durn crashed

Khanstant fucked around with this message at 02:57 on Mar 24, 2020

robot roll call
Mar 7, 2006

dance dance dance dance dance to the radio

having a fantastic time

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Are CJ and Flick random or is there I should be doing to get them to show up?

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
they host tournaments which won't be happening for weeks/months

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
will one house build at a time or is it a thing where they only build once you've completed the items for all three houses

NickPancakes
Oct 27, 2004

Damnit, somebody get me a tissue.

Khanstant posted:

I found out the best trick to get rich in Animal Crossing. Be the person hosting when you got turnips selling at 565. Been jam packed all day with discord goons coming in to offload them root veggies. Generous tippers have left me with more bells than I know what to do with!

Was lucky to have post-noon prices and able to leave it all day while working from home. Thanks to everyone who came by and endured the insane waits as 8 people constantly shuffled in and out and thank you especially for all the tips.

If anyone here needs to offload some nips, my stores and gates are open for about another hour and forty five.

GWQRY turnips@565

I'm so sorry for the endless arrival messages you'll be getting, but thank you!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

404notfound
Mar 5, 2006

stop staring at me

Khanstant posted:

GWQRY turnips@565

I've been stuck standing in the same place for five minutes now

Nintendo why would you implement online play like this