Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

I just was hoping there was news about the mandolorian and not yet another thread about how X person is lovely and we should all abstain from ever liking anything they’ve done lest we be shunned.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Nah, nobody said anything like that, actually.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

TK-42-1 posted:

I just was hoping there was news about the mandolorian and not yet another thread about how X person is lovely and we should all abstain from ever liking anything they’ve done lest we be shunned.

can you quote a single person who says we're not allowed to like anything rosario dawson has ever been in?

Some Pinko Commie
Jun 9, 2009

CNC! Easy as 1️⃣2️⃣3️⃣!
If you liked Clerks II you should be shunned, unironically.

EDIT: I liked her narration of Andy Weir's Artemis, that's my "I like Rosario Dawson's work" contribution.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
DBL EDIT: No need to start drama in the Mandalorian Thread, simply sip your soup and please move on.

Edit: I smoked weed with Rosario Dawson at Burning Man once and she was very cool in person and nice to me and we were definitely talking a lot about how annoying it is being Bisexual and getting poo poo from other queer people about how we’re not “really gay” so she isn’t like completely in the dark on these issues.

Bust Rodd fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 23, 2020

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

I'm gonna need more than plaintiff's allegations in a civil suit before I start cancelling people, even if they had the poor taste to date Cory Booker.

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell
I have mixed feelings about Jedi being added to the show, but I guess it was inevitable after the Darksaber* showed up

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
At the time she's not a jedi.

But I presume she'll show up in the final two episodes.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

At the time the show takes place, Ahsoka is 45 years old and past all the events of Rebels. It's safe to call her a "Jedi knight" in all but the most literal sense.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

This is oddly comforting, somehow: Michael Biehn cast in The Mandalorian

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

Madurai posted:

Said to be playing a bounty hunter...Boba Fett?

Krailor
Nov 2, 2001
I'm only pretending to care
Taco Defender
What do you think the chances are that we'll also see Sabine but she'll always have her helmet on and won't have any lines this season so there won't be any casting news about her?

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
Studying the art of terrorists
To keep you safe

Cartoon Man posted:

Said to be playing a bounty hunter...Boba Fett?

If they’re even pretending that the prequels exist, that would be a hard casting to swing.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

thrawn527 posted:

If they’re even pretending that the prequels exist, that would be a hard casting to swing.

It would be pretty cool if Temura Morrison showed up to play a hideously acid-scarred over-the-hill laconic bounty hunter in regular street clothes in one stand-alone episode, and then the show never, ever, ever settled the question of whether that was Boba Fett or not.

movax
Aug 30, 2008

Madurai posted:

Haven’t been to TV/IV in ages, swung by this thread, learned this, could be awesome.

Also this show loving owns and saved Star Wars, holy poo poo. I’ve also been reading everything I can find about ILM Stagecraft. Amazing and truly game changing tech for the industry.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

Krailor posted:

What do you think the chances are that we'll also see Sabine but she'll always have her helmet on and won't have any lines this season so there won't be any casting news about her?

If Sabine shows up (and I feel like it’s a given especially with Ahsoka’s casting) I actually hope she has her helmet off and it becomes a source of friction between her and Mando, showing how fractured Mandalorian culture can be.

But really I want to know what will it take to bring Hondo into the show. I need his whimsy.

Burning_Monk
Jan 11, 2005
Mad, Bad, and Dangerous to know

Ballz posted:

But really I want to know what will it take to bring Hondo into the show. I need his whimsy.

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

They already have a costume and actor (it might actually be Jim Cummings?) somewhere. He's in the pre-flight video for Smuggler's Run.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
Season 3 will introduce baby Hondo

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Hazo posted:

They already have a costume and actor (it might actually be Jim Cummings?) somewhere. He's in the pre-flight video for Smuggler's Run.

I know Jim Cummings does the voice. He might be the one in the prosthetics, but I'm not sure.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Hazo posted:

Isn't that an animatronic?

Hazo
Dec 30, 2004

SCIENCE

There’s a short video featuring a live actor after the animatronic portion, when you’re standing just outside the cockpit.

https://youtu.be/8JpbCCKpxQI at 4:26

Hazo fucked around with this message at 19:07 on Mar 25, 2020

Jack2142
Jul 17, 2014

Shitposting in Seattle

Finally watched this after holding out, I liked it and it scratched an itch I felt missing since the 2000's. A lot of the Mandolorian reminded me of SG-1 or older Star Trek which had "adventure of the week" episodes with a loose overall plot line.

The Moff showing up at the end gave strong Apophis Flashbacks.

LividLiquid
Apr 13, 2002

I know, and now you have to, that Jim Cummings is a super gross, horrible human being.

Like, don't look into it if you want to ever enjoy Winnie the Pooh again.

So, I hope he doesn't show up here.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

https://ew.com/tv/rosario-dawson-ahsoka-tano-mandalorian-season-2/

So apparently season 2 wrapped filming in early March and it’s currently in post production with most workers able to contribute from home. Hopefully Covid doesn’t add any extra delays and it releases this fall, fingers crossed. Also the original voice actor for Ahsoka is taking the high road on not being involved.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

Cartoon Man posted:

Also the original voice actor for Ahsoka is taking the high road on not being involved.

I mean, she's traditionally been a class act, so this isn't surprising. Plus, she's managed to make more out of a voice acting role than most voice actors, so I think she's happy to have the career she has. Eckstein is kind of awesome.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

I would imagine Disney has big plans for the character in both live action and animated forms. I wouldn’t even be surprised if a video game got developed either. She should still be much more affordable than Rosario Dawson outside the live action stuff.

Cross-Section
Mar 18, 2009

https://twitter.com/starwars/status/1250408538263949313?s=20

More deets here: https://www.starwars.com/news/disney-gallery-the-mandalorian-announce

Teek
Aug 7, 2006

Whatever.
Here's a new trailer for that series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B492eUpIyAc

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Teek posted:

~50 seconds :3:

Sir DonkeyPunch
Mar 23, 2007

I didn't hear no bell

Teek posted:

ok, maybe i will actually watch this

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right
Ha, Favreau bustin' out the old Dinner For Five format. Hopefully he doesn't spend too much time reminiscing about Swingers this time around. :v:

FogHelmut
Dec 18, 2003

So at what point does this Clone Wars saturday morning cartoon show become good? I checked out the first 4 episodes and wow. Its like George Lucas in full id form. I just see his face on every one of the battle droids making bad jokes and being slapstick incompetent. It seems like they have something with the space battles, but the dialogue and voice acting are below english dubs for anime. Especially disappointed in Ahsoka considering all of the hype.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

FogHelmut posted:

So at what point does this Clone Wars saturday morning cartoon show become good? I checked out the first 4 episodes and wow. Its like George Lucas in full id form. I just see his face on every one of the battle droids making bad jokes and being slapstick incompetent. It seems like they have something with the space battles, but the dialogue and voice acting are below english dubs for anime. Especially disappointed in Ahsoka considering all of the hype.

I watched a smattering of it. The latest season where it picks up her story at around Episode 5 is good so far. I personally didn't care for the clone arc earlier in the season, it really felt like an advertisement for the new BADASS OPERATOR SQUAD CLONE action figures.

I think it's one of those "go in with a watchlist" shows, because there are a few gems. I seem to recall enjoying an ep that was sort of like a North by Northwest conspiracy thriller where a Clone discovers order 66 is programmed into their brains and tries to get the word out.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

FogHelmut posted:

It's a rough ride early on, but they find their footing. I'd say skip ahead to "Landings at Point Rain" but be emotionally prepared to go back and rewatch some first season stuff because they'll reference things that happened there.

thrawn527
Mar 27, 2004

Thrawn/Pellaeon
To keep you safe

FogHelmut posted:

The whole first season and part of the second, if I recall, was already in the can when it started airing, so when they got feedback, they responded as quickly as they could, but that meant it took a while before that response showed up in episodes. I agree with the poster above, find a watchlist somewhere. Ahsoka is pretty insufferable for the first season and a half. She is now one of my favorite Star Wars characters, possibly my favorite. Her change comes when she gets a costume change (not wearing the tube top anymore). Not that the costume was the problem, it's just a sign that this is when they started reworking the character.

There are whole arcs worth skipping. It's why, while some arcs and characters in Clone Wars are better and incredibly good, I think Rebels is a better overall show, because it's more focused and tells an overall better story. Take this new, final season of Clone Wars currently airing on Disney+. The first 8 episodes can be safely skipped. They're forgettable nothing episodes. I was thinking, "What a waste of coming back for another season." But these 2 most recent episodes have been amazing, and are leading into the next 2, which I hope and expect will be just as good. It's extremely hit or miss.

I wish I could give you a watchlist, but it's been years since I watched it, so I'm not really qualified anymore.

edit: Oh, and don't bother watching Resistance. It's terrible.

Ballz
Dec 16, 2003

it's mario time

This is the watchlist I used.

Show gets good, trust me.

Lord Hydronium
Sep 25, 2007

Non, je ne regrette rien

I had trouble getting into the first season, gave up on it once, and it wasn't until I tried again and got to the Ryloth episodes that it really clicked for me.

Madurai
Jun 26, 2012

Ballz posted:

This is the watchlist I used.

Show gets good, trust me.

I have trouble with any kind of recommended list that includes the movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kart Barfunkel
Nov 10, 2009

I’ve watched the whole clone wars series but have yet to actually watch the movie.