Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

jesus WEP posted:

I fear it’ll be like True Detective where they manage to gently caress up everything that was great about the original

Hoping it'll be more like Poirot or something

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

jesus WEP posted:

I fear it’ll be like True Detective where they manage to gently caress up everything that was great about the original

What do you mean? There was only one season of True Detective.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

if anyone has good recommends for emulators on my I can run on my Mac. I'm currently playing around with OpenEMU but it doesn't have a real robust cheat engine support for all the platforms it emulates. And even then its only premade stuff, no tools to roll your own cheats. I remember one of the modded PSP firmwares had a real sweet cheat engine bit that'd let you search and monitor value changes, which is super useful when you're trying to find the memory offset that represents how much money you have. I want something like that.

e: oop I found something on github. TIME TO COMPILE A MOTHERFUCKER. https://github.com/xlc/iHaxGamez

coconono fucked around with this message at 18:10 on Mar 22, 2020

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I ended up using BitSlicer because their documentation was better:

https://github.com/zorgiepoo/Bit-Slicer/wiki/Introduction-to-Searching

but it did exactly what I needed it to when I pointed it to the process that handling the actual ROM. Now I can super robot wars with lots of moniesssss

mariooncrack
Dec 27, 2008

coconono posted:

if anyone has good recommends for emulators on my I can run on my Mac. I'm currently playing around with OpenEMU but it doesn't have a real robust cheat engine support for all the platforms it emulates. And even then its only premade stuff, no tools to roll your own cheats. I remember one of the modded PSP firmwares had a real sweet cheat engine bit that'd let you search and monitor value changes, which is super useful when you're trying to find the memory offset that represents how much money you have. I want something like that.

e: oop I found something on github. TIME TO COMPILE A MOTHERFUCKER. https://github.com/xlc/iHaxGamez

Are you looking to emulate anything in particular?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

jesus WEP posted:

Edit: WAIT NO JERUSALEM PULL UP PULL UP DANGER DANGER! :supaburn:

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
It only took a quarantine but I think I'm finally gonna sit down and watch Fanny and Alexander this week

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

watch the 5 hr version its a billion times better, its so amazing

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009
*bursts into the thread gasping covidly* we talkin bergman

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
You best believe I meant the longer version

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

WatermelonGun posted:

*bursts into the thread gasping covidly* we talkin bergman

Talkin' Beeergmaaan,

From Uppsala to Fårö,

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

mariooncrack posted:

Are you looking to emulate anything in particular?

I'm currently playing through Super Robot Taisen A Portable. Someone had a prepacked iso with the updated fan translation.

The whole process of kicking around the emulator's insides got me thinking about how cool it'd be to do a barcade implementation. You'd have this server where your roms sit with controls that let's you distribute the roms and monitor poo poo on the thin terminals which live in the cabs. The controllers would be standardized around the six button fighting stick that'd sit in a little laminate shell with drillouts for the button and whatnot holes.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

My aunt died. Won't be able to go to the funeral. Don't even know if they are gonna have a funeral

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

I love you ingmar ooooo i love ya i love ya mwa mwa mwa imgmar baby

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i did not see the post before mine before making my post. i'm very sorry for your loss.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Sorry about your Aunt, Shard :smith:

SamuraiFoochs
Jan 16, 2007

Grimey Drawer

Shard posted:

My aunt died. Won't be able to go to the funeral. Don't even know if they are gonna have a funeral

That's ten different kinds of hosed up. I'm so sorry, man.

Kvantum
Feb 5, 2006
Skee-entist

Shard posted:

My condolences. Look into virtual or live-streamed funerals. It was at first a thing they mocked as "Millennials killing yet another business" but now it's kinda important.

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

Shard posted:

Sorry for your loss. My aunt died the year before last but I couldn't afford to go to the funeral, it blows. But at least it's possible to remember her on your own. Far from ideal I know.

Xerzes
May 16, 2012

Shard posted:

Condolences.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

Thanks ya'll.

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

I found this while trying to find ElectroBoom's youtube video on USB killer devices. Burn one, strip down to denim only and enjoy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fe69ESRC1c0

Here's the video on killer devices:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_bbX_Ch1Z8

I like that first device he builds is something we've seen recovered from prisons.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

How's isolation?

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

PUNKS DIET SODA posted:

How's isolation?
a lot like my regular life lol

Writer Cath
Apr 1, 2007

Box. Flipped.
Plaster Town Cop

Captain Magic
Apr 4, 2005

Yes, we have feathers--but the muscles of men.

What’s up Borador Buddy

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

i watched candyman, neva seen it before. expected some slasher poo poo but it was super tite. strong recommend

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

The remake by Jordan Peele looks loving awesome too.

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

I am a big extrovert so it's really tough rn

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

yea ok posted:

i watched candyman, neva seen it before. expected some slasher poo poo but it was super tite. strong recommend

the first time my brother and i saw that movie we were high as gently caress and decided to adopt yelling “groin to gullet” as some sort of dumbass party cry for years afterward. great film.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

similarly im gonna start putting hundreds of bees in my mouth to impress a babe when this all ends

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

This is the crisis I've been preparing for all my life. This whole thing is scary and sad as hell but being relieved of most social obligations has felt quite freeing. My coping mechanisms are napping with my cat and video games. Lots of them. More than I can actually play with all the time in the world. Every time I look at Steam or somebody recommends a game that's remotely in my wheelhouse I start salivating like somebody who forgot to eat before going grocery shopping. Luckily my finances are in order for now so I don't have to worry about that. I was playing Pathfinder: Kingmaker before this all started and I've only bought Animal Crossing to date but I have my eyes like 3 other things (You finally come to Steam now State of Decay 2?)

SatansOnion
Dec 12, 2011

my day-to-day hasn’t actually changed much, because I am lazy and largely useless; but all my plans to go back to college and parlay that into a real and actual job with which to take care of myself and my parents are currently, to put it gently, gigafucked

and my mom has surgeries she’s waiting to get done, too, so there’s that

but hell, it could always be worse. we could live in a state without legal weed, for example

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I tell you what though; in wake of recent national news I have decided that I will NEVER feel like a parasite on society again. gently caress that noise and gently caress anybody who makes it.

Shayna Baszler
Oct 24, 2001

i'll always take care of you
Muldoon
hello everyone, i am back from my trip. thank you all for the birthday well wishes.

there were 5 people on my flight home. it was cool.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

All the racism against Asians during this time really tests the patience and really pisses me off.

WatermelonGun
May 7, 2009

Seth Rollins posted:

hello everyone, i am back from my trip. thank you all for the birthday well wishes.

there were 5 people on my flight home. it was cool.

are you diseased

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

This is why I always try to watch other parts of the world's tv shows. You can suss out a lot about how poo poo's going down in other places based on the media they're being fed. Turns out most of the world gets really bad romantidramas. Plus it gives you a real good grasp of how Big Hollywood just disdainfully throws media at us. Like there's a dude out there using the free special effects in his pirate video software cuz that poo poo too expensive to tell this really kickass story about a goddess's awakening and Disney blew a half bil on tepid star war movies. We're all stuck here and turns out we're getting the same stories, the same cells. poo poo's real deep man.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
I grew up in the desert with pseudo-survivalist parents so lmao that corona thinks it's got poo poo on me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coconono
Aug 11, 2004

KISS ME KRIS

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

I grew up in the desert with pseudo-survivalist parents so lmao that corona thinks it's got poo poo on me

I'm not exactly licking the door knobs or anything but I had a few relationships that were basically biochemical warfare so yeah. You still gotta wash your hands before you come in my office tho. Respect the sign.

Order came down, we're considered essential but the onsite operations are 100% voluntary. I'm already on some other level social distancing poo poo(I have quite a few clients that only know me as a CC in an email even tho I built their poo poo). So I'm feeling pretty confident here.

Dammit, now I'm thinking about that one time the one donut place gave me a cop's worth of donuts because I made their cash registers eject. loving munchies.

coconono fucked around with this message at 05:12 on Mar 24, 2020