Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer
Now that I think about it, my only issue with the scene about Eri gushing about the concert is that Jirou wasn't nearby to hear directly just what her music was able to do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bofast
Feb 21, 2011

Grimey Drawer
It only just occurred to me, but Hagakure shining during the performance must be part of her quirk, right?

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Bofast posted:

It only just occurred to me, but Hagakure shining during the performance must be part of her quirk, right?

She passively refracts light to make herself invisible, yes

I'm just curious as to why her entire outfit was gleaming

Tenebrais
Sep 2, 2011

Remember she did some glowy sparkly stuff back in the provisional licence test too. She's naturally invisible and makes use of that, but she has more advanced control over light too.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Does it bother anyone else they keep listing Mirio's quirks, but not Eri's?

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Electric Phantasm posted:

Does it bother anyone else they keep listing Mirio's quirks, but not Eri's?

Girl has enough trauma already, no need to have the screen text constantly remind her of her powers that have given her nothing but suffering.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

i'm more bothered that mirio continues to have his nonexistent quirk shown at all

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
We're four seasons in, stop showing names/quirks of the regulars.

Wark Say
Feb 22, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Jackard posted:

Maybe it's like a tribute to LoGH?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Jackard posted:

I know people who still have trouble remembering names/quirks, so those things are still useful to some people.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Sugar Man would basically cease to exist if they didn't keep naming his Quirk on screen.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

Funky Valentine posted:

Sugar Man would basically cease to exist if they didn't keep naming his Quirk on screen.

Who?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

the guy who helped deku make candy apples for eri??

Lotus Aura
Aug 16, 2009

KNEEL BEFORE THE WICKED KING!

Rikido Sato - Quirk: Sugar Rush

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Kild posted:

the guy who helped deku make candy apples for eri??

Dragonatrix posted:

Rikido Sato - Quirk: Sugar Rush

I was being facetious.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Four seasons in, Fluttershy Koda has yet to do anything with animals

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Vinylshadow posted:

Four seasons in, Fluttershy Koda has yet to do anything with animals

He used them during the provisional license exam and during the concert.

InspectorCarbonara
Jul 2, 2010

Evening, patrolmaaan.

Mordja posted:

I looked it up to confirm and it seems a waste that Gentle and La Brava don't become recurring characters in one way or another.
Man I wish I didn't read this so I could live in hope.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
It's not like the manga is over or anything. They can still do that

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Yeah, there's no reason that Gentle couldn't come back as a hero later down the line to help out when Midoriya inevitably has his final battle with the League or something similar.

ApeHawk
Jun 6, 2010

All the NPCs will look up and shout, "Do this quest!"
and I'll whisper, "Sure, why not."

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Yeah, there's no reason that Gentle couldn't come back as a hero later down the line to help out when Midoriya inevitably has his final battle with the League or something similar.

I have a feeling he'll bounce back, yeah.

ninjewtsu
Oct 9, 2012

How many arcs ahead of the anime is the manga?

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

ninjewtsu posted:

How many arcs ahead of the anime is the manga?

The manga is roughly four full arcs ahead and is in the middle of the fifth arc right now, but two of these arcs are about 2/3rds long as the Overhaul arc was, while the other two are as long as the Gentle/School Festival arc was. There's about at minimum one and a half full season left to animate if the manga stopped right now.

I'd expect the next season sometime in mid/late 2021.

Zwiebel
Feb 19, 2011

Hi!
As a frame of reference:

This season started at around chapter 125.
So with 63 episodes and roughly five "filler" episodes (including the two recap episodes) they had covered a bit more than 2 chapters per episode up to this point.

The Overhaul arc ends at chapter 163.
This episode ends with chapter 183.

A few of the chapters during this run of episodes were a bit shorter since Horikoshi was experiencing health problems at the time. He also took some weeks off.

The manga is currently at chapter 265.

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
The Red Riot & Fatgum vs. Rappa fight in particular covered like 4.5 chapters in one episode because of the shortened chapters. Otherwise their pace was pretty normal this season.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

My favorite part about Deku vs. Gentle was how quickly Deku put things together and got ready to fight

crazy boy indeed

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I love how he immediately figures out who he is and what his plan is from "Man, I just had some really good tea." :allears:

I mean, sure, the voice and proximity to UA also helped, but still.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The best part was Gentle also slowly realizing how much he hosed up at the same time.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

The best girl rabbit rabbit girl has arrived.

Sankara
Jul 18, 2008

Oh, I thought the last episode would be the finale. Okay then! Some new characters, a new baddie. Okie doke.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Oh, I thought the last episode would be the finale. Okay then! Some new characters, a new baddie. Okie doke.

I think we’ve got one more episode after this if I remember right (though last week’s would have made for a perfectly good stopping point).

Larryb fucked around with this message at 14:54 on Mar 28, 2020

Tokelau All Star
Feb 23, 2008

THE TAXES! THE FINGER THING MEANS THE TAXES!

I'm so hype for this fight.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Deku needs to get a shoe deal in place when he goes pro, he can make a killing off his red shoes.

Anshu
Jan 9, 2019

Doctor Reynolds posted:

Except for the first season, they've been pretty consistent about wrapping things up by ep 23 and leaving the last two episodes to set up plotlines for the next season. In S2, they finished the exam arc and had the mall excursion & encounter with Shigaraki; in S3, they got their provisional licenses and had the fallout from that, and then we spent the last two episodes focused on the introduction of Overhaul and the Big Three.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

I'm kind of surprised they're doing High End in pretty much just one episode.

Mulderman
Mar 20, 2009

Did someone say axe magnet?
It would fit for a fast paced fight. Kinda curious how they will wrap up the post-fight in the same episode though.

Larryb
Oct 5, 2010

It’s possible they could end on some kind of cliffhanger but it’s been a while since I read this particular arc so I’m not sure what a good stopping point would be.

Like I said, it might have been better if they had just stopped after the Gentle arc and left this for Season 5 where they’d have more time to work with it but we’ll see how things go.

Also Mirko sounded somewhat familiar to me, any idea who voices her?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I couldn't find her in the credits to see who.

It....miiiiight be Ami Koshimizu?

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
Woof, they definitely relaxed a bit on this episode in the animation department. CG Endeavor looked pretty rough in a few places because they for some reason decided to focus on areas where his fire texture doesn't look good.

They better not gently caress up the final episode but I got a feeling we've seen the load blown on good key animators. I really kinda wish we could get a season where Bones' best key animators weren't doing a movie.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

Almost all fights could and should be one episode.

Gentle's fight was an episode and a half, but they ended up recapping most of the high points of the first half in a minute of the second episode. With some more liberal editing of the flash backs, it could have easily been one.