Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

A Sometimes Food posted:

UH trying to go but getting interference.

Yeah that happens if someone is currently arriving on/leaving the island or is using their phone, just like in real life.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

A Sometimes Food posted:

UH trying to go but getting interference.

The load times on this are vicious goodness.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008
Wow does it pause for everyone when people join? That’s so messy

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Oh my god 3 flights and I haven't been able to take a step out lmao

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Yay I made it home! Your cheque's in the mail :wink:

Edit: oh... you're not on my friend list, I thought I could send mail to any island I'd been to... I'll come back when your prices are cool

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
When things calm down, if the 500+ turnip place is still open let me know.

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Kaewan posted:

Wow does it pause for everyone when people join? That’s so messy
I wonder if the only reason is so nobody can change the island layout while the landing cutscene plays.

e: nooo please don't leave :( nothing's gonna get done until the island's full

Ruffian Price fucked around with this message at 10:40 on Mar 24, 2020

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

The multiplayer is peer-to-peer, keeping it paused for everybody during the whole connection process is probably the only way to get things in sync between players.

Still doesn't explain why that cutscene needs to be so long.

katkillad2
Aug 30, 2004

Awake and unreal, off to nowhere
Wow, this might be the first and last time I try to get into someone elses island for turnip prices... doesn't seem worth it.

:edit: after I sold, got kicked out and now the turnips are back and I got no money

katkillad2 fucked around with this message at 10:49 on Mar 24, 2020

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Has anyone recreated Frasier's apartment in AC?

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor
So I made it to the other person’s island and sold my turnips and was dropping my tip when a communication error occurred and I got back all my turnips and lost all my money.

Life is rough.

:negative:

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

Is there something different about trees in this time? Like a limit per acre or something? I planted 9 orange trees in rows and definitely had the one space all around and 5 grew and 4 are still the tiny two leaf saplings. You can straight up move saplings so I put them somewhere else for now but does anyone have an idea about it?

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Aww did the good turnip island go down?

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

jimmydalad posted:

So I made it to the other person’s island and sold my turnips and was dropping my tip when a communication error occurred and I got back all my turnips and lost all my money.

Life is rough.

Yeah, the game doesn't save until you leave back for your island, so if you disconnect, it's reverting to the old save. Your turnips should be fine, though.

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

jimmydalad posted:

Life is rough.

Yeah I saw that happen, check your pms

jimmydalad
Sep 26, 2013

My face when others are unable to appreciate the :kazooieass:

AGDQ 2018 Awful Block Survivor

Kaewan posted:

Yeah I saw that happen, check your pms

You are a wonderful soul :unsmith:

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Haven't seen the turnipbot posted inthread

Should streamline this poo poo but I worry 5 minutes might not be enough.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

In and out super quick from selling the 'nips. It's a weight off my shoulders to just get them outta here. I also don't know if I prioritize or thing about bells as much as I used to.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

I forgot you could sell turnips at other peoples towns, I’ll have to check this thread more often cause I’ve got 500 turnips and low low selling prices

It’s a shame the online play seems so awkward but hey it’s Nintendo

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

LODGE NORTH posted:

Yeah, the game doesn't save until you leave back for your island, so if you disconnect, it's reverting to the old save. Your turnips should be fine, though.

Now I'm wondering... if I fly to someone else's island, drop 3000 turnips on the ground, then shut of my wi-fi so I get disconnected and revert, what happens to the turnips I dropped?

Kaewan
May 29, 2008

Octolady posted:

I forgot you could sell turnips at other peoples towns, I’ll have to check this thread more often cause I’ve got 500 turnips and low low selling prices

It’s a shame the online play seems so awkward but hey it’s Nintendo

Check your pms.

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Angels exist :cry:

Thank you I’ll definitely be keeping an eye on my prices so I can pass it on!

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

A few pages back someone mentioned an Excel sheet they were making but had problems finding a good source for either bugs or fish.

To that person (and anyone else who can chime in): has this been fixed? Is there a general consensus on what’s a good source vs what’s not?

I was thinking of altering an existing sheet I have to track amiibo for Animal Crossing and if the info is out there, I think I can do it.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
how much do I need to spend buying from mabel when she visits for her to build a shop in town

Rabid Snake
Aug 6, 2004

Those tarantulas seem to spawn a lot (at night obviously)

I had 8 spawn in a course of two hours when I was rearranging my trees /stuff last night. At 8,000 bells, that's pretty easy money.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer
the game has decided my aesthetic for me

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
https://twitter.com/UltimaShadowX/status/1242114504974045184?s=20

LeafyGreens
May 9, 2009

the elegant cephalopod

Rabid Snake posted:

Those tarantulas seem to spawn a lot (at night obviously)

I had 8 spawn in a course of two hours when I was rearranging my trees /stuff last night. At 8,000 bells, that's pretty easy money.

Night seems to be when all the good expensive stuff spawns. Emperor butterfly and koi both at night sell for 4,000 bells. The butterfly in particular is easy to get and seems to appear relatively often for me. I’ve learned to check any large fish shadows in ponds for koi! The football fish appears in the ocean and sells for 2,500 bells.

Dackel
Sep 11, 2014

katkillad2 posted:

Wow, this might be the first and last time I try to get into someone elses island for turnip prices... doesn't seem worth it.

:edit: after I sold, got kicked out and now the turnips are back and I got no money

that usually happens when someone disconnects instead of leaving (which forces a save on everyone)

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Dackel posted:

that usually happens when someone disconnects instead of leaving (which forces a save on everyone)

Disconnects as in drops, or uses the - button to say return home without going to the airport? I never go back to the airport, hope I've not been causing problems...

GreenBuckanneer
Sep 15, 2007

SSJ_naruto_2003 posted:

Does anyone know if a grid of trees works or do I need more space? Like

xTxTxT
xxxxxx
xTxTxT

Or

TxTxT
xxxxx
xTxTx

I tried the top way and it doesn't work, you get saplings that just don't grow in the middle.

I haven't tried the second way yet.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

You can make your own tarantula island.

Go to an island, break all the rocks, pull all the weeds, pick all the flowers, cut down all the trees, from 6pm to 10pm. Drop all your poo poo (not place) on the beach except your nets.

You are on tarantula island now. Fill your pockets and leave everything behind except your tarantulas and your precious iron.

Dr.D-O
Jan 3, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Can someone elevator pitch me on this game?

I like sim games (e.g., sim city, cities skylines, frostpunk), but this doesn't seem very similar to those.

From an outsiders' perspective, this game seems like a chore simulator. But, y'all seem really into it. So I'm curious.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I went to a abandoned island that was heart shaped and had 6 money rocks on it.

Dip Viscous
Sep 17, 2019

I haven't had to make a tarantula island yet because they show up on their own pretty often for me. The rainy island I was on a little bit ago had four tarantulas on screen at nearly all times. Each time I caught one, there'd be another one right there to bite me as soon as I finished the "you got a bug!" animation.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Dr.D-O posted:

Can someone elevator pitch me on this game?

I like sim games (e.g., sim city, cities skylines, frostpunk), but this doesn't seem very similar to those.

From an outsiders' perspective, this game seems like a chore simulator. But, y'all seem really into it. So I'm curious.

In AC, you can let the problems of the world drift away. Tom Nook, Isabelle, and all your friends are there waiting for you. There are no tears. Just joy and companionship—No mean coworkers and bosses, no anxieties and self-doubt about your personal life. In AC you are accepted solely for who you are. Let all your problems melt away in the warm embrace of Animal Crossing. Come on in. The water’s just fine.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

And More posted:

In AC, you can let the problems of the world drift away. Tom Nook, Isabelle, and all your friends are there waiting for you. There are no tears. Just joy and companionship—No mean coworkers and bosses, no anxieties and self-doubt about your personal life. In AC you are accepted solely for who you are. Let all your problems melt away in the warm embrace of Animal Crossing. Come on in. The water’s just fine.

Tom Nook is not your friend

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Come on in. The water is...comfortable.

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Tom Nook is not your friend
Please don't slander Tom Nook, he's a good man that just wants to revitalize his dying rural hometown, by tricking kids into no interest mortgages. I haven't figured out a rationalization yet why he's colonizing islands now but I'll get back to you

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Not colonizing. Settling.