Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Khanstant posted:

Haha Zucker, the Dessert Octopus (don't @ me with takiyoki, he's loving made of ice cream and syrup goddamnit) send me a letter with the word "congraplications" in it. I love it but I'm missing the pun or joke!

Grapple because they have a bunch of arms maybe?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Zerilan posted:

Downloaded the game a few hours ago, played it until i got the nook miles store open and got the pro design editor. The game really put me in some old Nintendo nostalgia mode so wasted some time making an outfit to go catch all the island's creatures in:

https://twitter.com/Zerilann/status/1242469025428336640

edit: changed tweet to one with the patterns

:neckbeard: You're the best, I'm working on this while on a conference call and I can't wait to be a poke trainer

https://twitter.com/PostsCrossing/status/1242476182508933120

Yassss

Casu Marzu fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 24, 2020

DOPE FIEND KILLA G
Jun 4, 2011

i miss some of my old animal friends.... pete, phyllis, tortimer, booker, copper, booker, harriet....shine on you crazy diamonds

Anybody run into Blanca yet or naw?

Kyrosiris
May 24, 2006

You try to be happy when everyone is summoning you everywhere to "be their friend".

7lip posted:

So apparently switches go to sleep after a while by default haha. I have remedied that.

8WVBD

I have all the fruit (but they're growing) so don't worry about bringing anything in particular.

E: looks like there's still lots of apples.

Cheers, I have my full set of fruits now. :woop: I left a couple of oranges and cherries in exchange.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

Wee Bairns posted:

Goddamn it. I've been in the craft menu a thousand times and I swear it wasn't there. Lol. Thanks.

NP, man, I had the same problem when I was setting up too, I was just blind as a bat so I totally get it

FlyTB20C
Sep 16, 2004

Okay, so the museum is impressive! I think I messed up though; I went and did a big multiple donations thing when it opened and now I really miss Blathers talking about all the critters. :( I guess I missed out on all those chats now? This is my first AC game, I'm just derping around and it's great fun.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Khanstant posted:

Haha Zucker, the Dessert Octopus (don't @ me with takiyoki, he's loving made of ice cream and syrup goddamnit)

that's takoyaki sauce you goddamn heathen :mad:

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

FlyTB20C posted:

Okay, so the museum is impressive! I think I messed up though; I went and did a big multiple donations thing when it opened and now I really miss Blathers talking about all the critters. :( I guess I missed out on all those chats now? This is my first AC game, I'm just derping around and it's great fun.

Good news! The game actually lets you get that dialogue whenever you want if you bring him another specimen and ask him to tell you about it.

I always loved all of that dialogue so I'm very happy about this :3:

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
I wish the museum plaques contained Blathers' info snippets on them. I mean you can clearly see from the graphics that quite a bit is written on them, certainly more than just the item name and your name. :mad: I don't want to have to re-catch/rediscover bugs/fish/fossils just to get some text outta him!

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

FlyTB20C posted:

if you take something to him youve already donated you can ask him to tell you about it

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!
I wish I could ask him to tour me around the museum and tell me about any exhibits I interact with.

e: I do appreciate not having to go through 12 menu loops to donate a bag full of critters now, though.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Shere posted:

I wish I could ask him to tour me around the museum and tell me about any exhibits I interact with.

e: I do appreciate not having to go through 12 menu loops to donate a bag full of critters now, though.

Or if the tour autoplayed. That would be way chill.

GoodBee
Apr 8, 2004

Oops

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

bushisms.txt posted:

Grapple because they have a bunch of arms maybe?

Oh yeah! I think that is it for sure. Saw him and Scoot both doing sports moves at each other on the fairgrounds, pretty loving adorable.

Fun fact about "Basic Wall" wallpaper. The top part of the wall slightly shifts as you move the camera or villager around. Looks like it's a kind of window into their development offices! Pretty cool

LLJKSiLk
Jul 7, 2005

by Athanatos

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

WHAT: Saharah. bring your own bells, you can buy a wallpaper/floor and 3 rugs. lobby floor / meadow vista wall
CODE: B66VY
FRUIT: native apples, feel free to shake the trees or buy some from the cranny if you need them. I'm missing peaches and bananas(?) but it's no biggie, I like my apples.
EXTRAS: north of the river of resident services I have a catalog dump, just pick up and drop the items to register them in your catalog. if you want to keep something it's a "take 1 leave 1" honor policy, I don't care.

I'll be afking somewhere so don't feel bad if I don't reply, my island is pretty bad but you're welcome to talk to villagers or fish or do whatever too. :)

Clocks fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Mar 24, 2020

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Is there a downside to keeping some of the weeds around? It gives the riverbanks a real rustic feeling.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

Chronojam posted:

Is there a downside to keeping some of the weeds around? It gives the riverbanks a real rustic feeling.

Presumably at some point in the game you might be concerned with your "town rating" but it's pretty obtuse and not a concern until waaaaay later. For now, I agree, the weeds are just good plant textures to jazz up the place so I am remiss to pluck em all.

witchcore ricepunk
Jul 6, 2003

The Golden Witch
Who Solved the Epitaph

A Probability of 1/2,578,917
Found some cute Nintendo designs and copied them pixel-by-pixel while watching Star Trek. It's pretty soothing, like knitting.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

witchcore ricepunk posted:

Found some cute Nintendo designs and copied them pixel-by-pixel while watching Star Trek. It's pretty soothing, like knitting.

I'm gonna be adapting a lot of my knitting charts into AC designs. Can't wait to have time to plonk down and do it

Shinjobi
Jul 10, 2008

Gravy Boat 2k
Just for confirmation: if you're the 2nd resident on the same switch, you're not really able to take point on improving the island? I'm just now getting to blathers initial 15, and my wife wanted to know if she could also assist. I'm sure she'll be able to donate to the museum itself, but I know I had to be the one to get blathers on the island initially.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Drago just asked if he could lick my fossil :eyepop:

Tender Bender
Sep 17, 2004

Shinjobi posted:

Just for confirmation: if you're the 2nd resident on the same switch, you're not really able to take point on improving the island? I'm just now getting to blathers initial 15, and my wife wanted to know if she could also assist. I'm sure she'll be able to donate to the museum itself, but I know I had to be the one to get blathers on the island initially.

It seems to vary. The second person can't give the initial five to Nook, but they can contribute to the initial fifteen to Blathers.

I don't think they can give the shop materials to the kid either, but they can harvest them and give them to you.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

After constructing the houses and the store I feel like I have a decent stockpile of wood now. I'm just going to chop my fruit trees in most circumstances since they are guaranteed to not have wasps. That should be a sustainable amount of wood for the future

inferis
Dec 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/notallramen/status/1242495333566787584?s=21

compounded daily
Mar 29, 2007

:buddy:
Fun Shoe
Gonna go AFK for a while, but feel free to hop on my island! Code is --done!--. I got peaches and cherries. There's a dump by the airport, feel free to rub your hands on my stuff, or take it if you want. All the same to me.

edit: shuttin' it down now. Hope y'all had fun

compounded daily fucked around with this message at 18:39 on Mar 24, 2020

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

John Wick of Dogs posted:

After constructing the houses and the store I feel like I have a decent stockpile of wood now. I'm just going to chop my fruit trees in most circumstances since they are guaranteed to not have wasps. That should be a sustainable amount of wood for the future

Without secret tree risks, there can be no secret tree reward. :colbert:

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Cobbled together a wand yesterday. Now I have to collect so much clothing.

https://twitter.com/phosphordream/status/1242495688883068928

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I am so glad to be done with the perfect caster goal.

It’s really bizarre to have something so stressful in the game.

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

One of my villagers was musing about getting a pet wasp. :stare:

badjohny
Oct 6, 2005

Shinjobi posted:

My house got around a lot of the limitation by just having players 2-4 drop the stuff on the ground and player 1 turn it in when they log in. It is not ideal, but it works. Every day part of my quest are turning in the materials my family leaves at various locations.

super nailgun
Jan 1, 2014

Thwomp posted:

I keep getting decent streaks going and then running into a fish that just seems to immediately take the bait rather than doing the circle/splash they usually do and ruins it :mad:

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Thwomp posted:

I semi-accidentally ended up catching around 90 fish without ever messing up, and then that one fish bit on the first try, and swam off. :cripes:

The most annoying thing is that the counter just doesn't reset. I literally have no idea how many fish I have to catch, anymore.

Nottherealaborn
Nov 12, 2012

super nailgun posted:

I keep getting decent streaks going and then running into a fish that just seems to immediately take the bait rather than doing the circle/splash they usually do and ruins it :mad:

IIRC, the ones that take it right away are more likely to be rare fish that you have to react fast to in order to catch them.

They have also ruined many of my streaks.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Helps a bit for me to use the joy-cons, especially for fishing, the smaller, more responsive buttons seem to help.

I officially know what a :goon: looks like in Animal Crossing now.

Rollersnake
May 9, 2005

Please, please don't let me end up in a threesome with the lunch lady and a gay pirate. That would hit a little too close to home.
Unlockable Ben
My fishing technique is to just not even look at the screen and only go by sound. I think it's easier if you're using a controller that doesn't vibrate, too.

Haven't lost a fish since starting the game, and I just know I'm going to get to like 95, and someone will suddenly decide to start loudly talking to me after I cast.

sure okay
Apr 7, 2006

Got Sahara at my place selling Summit Wall and Floral-Rush Flooring. Come visit! I'll be keeping it open while I work.

DPD39

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Thwomp posted:

I will never get this done. I can go on for ages and then I get distracted or anxious and mash A and there goes all that. :(

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

Rollersnake posted:

My fishing technique is to just not even look at the screen and only go by sound. I think it's easier if you're using a controller that doesn't vibrate, too.

Haven't lost a fish since starting the game, and I just know I'm going to get to like 95, and someone will suddenly decide to start loudly talking to me after I cast.

It's kind rhythm heaven, just take a breath, close your eyes, and listen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Clocks posted:

I will never get this done. I can go on for ages and then I get distracted or anxious and mash A and there goes all that. :(

I just close my eyes and go by audio cues.

Although I had a fish get by that somehow and ruined my streak at 47 :argh: