Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Sometimes Food
Dec 8, 2010

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

On that note, I was pretty surprised All for One was removed from the table so early.

He's not dead. He's not off the table.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

Cipher Pol 9 posted:

There's a reason One Piece is the only shonen manga to approach 1000 chapters and actually manage to progress without stalling or completely making GBS threads itself.
By having a greater focus on arc specific plotlines and largely keeping other pertinent information or plot threads on the backburner and hinting towards stuff but not actually revealing much?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
All for One is off the table as much as All Might is off the table, Shiggy and Deku have already succeeded them for all meaningful purposes. Could be jailbreak, get old contacts for his protege beats still.

Kanos
Sep 6, 2006

was there a time when speedwagon didn't get trolled
The difference is that All Might is depowered and AfO still has all of his incredibly broken powers. I don't think the story will go there at all, but in theory Super Ultra Instinct Shigaraki could head to the supermax where AfO is locked up and crack it open and AfO could be back on the field.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Can't wait for Shiggy to kill his father again

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

can't imagine a4o is actually done as an active player in the story

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

AfO will return to the story as the main villain, just like Palpatine.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

The dead speak!

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

RareAcumen posted:

AfO will return to the story as the main villain, just like Palpatine.

And just like Palpatine, we'll find out AfO fucks and is Deku's grandpa.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Rodenthar Drothman posted:

T-I-Double-Get-WRECKED
This post deserves more recognition.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

All for One is probably coming back but I think Shigaraki is definitely going to be the final villain. Notably in a moment where he has no reason to lie (nearly killing Best Jeanist) All for One outright says he's not gonna take Jeanist's quirk because it would be a poor fit for Shigaraki.

Now the Doctor might have made All for One unnecessary on the whole giving Shigaraki multiple quirks plan but that's still notable as something that could be followed up on. Also frankly Kurogiri is in Tartarus, and Shigaraki is probably going to go bust Kurogiri out at some point to get his portal quirk back.

Honestly I'm expecting if All for One does come back Shigaraki might just kill him as a final self-liberation, and because Sith Lords Rule of One etc.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

All For One still has his deep connection to One For All and his brother, so we're probably not done with him until that's entirely explored.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Arist posted:

It's just so good, so immediately, on pretty much every conceivable level.
this isn't a description for One Piece I'd use for almost anything after the time skip

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Fabricated posted:

this isn't a description for One Piece I'd use for almost anything after the time skip

One Piece is still amazing but the word "immediately" should clue you in on what era I'm referring to

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Arist posted:

One Piece is still amazing but the word "immediately" should clue you in on what era I'm referring to
I'd say One Piece "got good" at about Baratie/Arlong Park. Also yeah "amazing" isn't a description I'd give for current One Piece.

Dr Subterfuge
Aug 31, 2005

TIME TO ROC N' ROLL
Current One Piece is pretty drat good. If you don't think the payoff in the most recent chapter is amazing, for instance, which is like pure distilled One Piece, then it's just not your thing.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Fabricated posted:

I'd say One Piece "got good" at about Baratie/Arlong Park. Also yeah "amazing" isn't a description I'd give for current One Piece.

im sorry you dont like wanokuni

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream

Fabricated posted:

I'm reading it for the first time after stopping at where they Rescue Robin when I was a kid.

I wouldnt use it to describe any of it.

It's okay to pretty good at its best.

JahRoo
Oct 22, 2010

Mods???

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

I'm right after the time skip every villain since crocodile and company has been so loving boring then I was actually relieved to see buggy and the dumbest fuckers Alive come back into the story. That's of course they ignoring the fact that they just made another character who just has Buggy's Powers but can do it to other people I will admit though that every single new cast member for the crew since Chopper has been a thousand percent better than everyone before Chopper. I'm counting sogeking as a new crew member. I couldn't give less of of a poo poo about the fake lame rear end nen they add in cause it's just a boring categorization of powers when the series was entirely goof goof wacky powers.

Its overall fine tho.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

profileusername
Mar 2, 2019

I wonder what Miruko is up to now.

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

To be on topic I think Horikoshi's love of western comics shows up in weird ways and one of those that's been really bothering me lately is that...any time we focus on the children or the school the tone is so light and breezy and "Oh boy are they gonna grow up big and strong? Can they do it?" and then you cut to the adults or the villains and it's an actually interesting character driven plot where even when they raise an army of followers and have a Godzilla and a bunch of super powered Monster Men the antagonists are still the loser underdogs and the latest chapters just drive that home over and over (Bird boy just destroying Redestro, Miruko losing an arm and still laughing as she beats the high ends to death).

I'm hoping we get the the twist of all this kind of quickly cause at this point the protagonists have lost almost nothing in this narrative (Jeanist is missing and one lady who was in 5 chapters lost her powers) and it's getting kind of hard to root for the overwhelming unstoppable police state. Which I'm getting worried about cause we're getting triumphant moment meant to showcase growth for the B-Listers of Class A back to back so I dunno if this is actually going to turn, outside of losing Hawks, maybe.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Midoriya hasn't done anything yet this arc, so I can imagine once his group is involved we'll be approaching a close

A Bug
Nov 26, 2008

MOM GET THE CAMERA!
:potg:

profileusername posted:

I wonder what Miruko is up to now.

A body count in the mid 20s

bacon flaps
Mar 1, 2005

every day im hustlin

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

To be on topic I think Horikoshi's love of western comics shows up in weird ways and one of those that's been really bothering me lately is that...any time we focus on the children or the school the tone is so light and breezy and "Oh boy are they gonna grow up big and strong? Can they do it?" and then you cut to the adults or the villains and it's an actually interesting character driven plot where even when they raise an army of followers and have a Godzilla and a bunch of super powered Monster Men the antagonists are still the loser underdogs and the latest chapters just drive that home over and over (Bird boy just destroying Redestro, Miruko losing an arm and still laughing as she beats the high ends to death).

I'm hoping we get the the twist of all this kind of quickly cause at this point the protagonists have lost almost nothing in this narrative (Jeanist is missing and one lady who was in 5 chapters lost her powers) and it's getting kind of hard to root for the overwhelming unstoppable police state. Which I'm getting worried about cause we're getting triumphant moment meant to showcase growth for the B-Listers of Class A back to back so I dunno if this is actually going to turn, outside of losing Hawks, maybe.

yeah im pretty sure the heroes are gonna get hosed up

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
It's not much of a story if the heroes win here, so this is going pear shaped in some way.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

It's already going pearshaped. Hawks hosed up and got caught by Dabi before he could actually neutralize Twice, so expect him to start making a clone army to overwhelm the heroes soon, and those high end nomu are going to keep Mirko and the others busy long enough for the doctor to wake up Shigaraki and gently caress things up at the hospital.

Junpei
Oct 4, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 11 years!

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

so you want innocent teenagers to die

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Junpei posted:

so you want innocent teenagers to die

They're cops though.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

They're also not real and characters in a story.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!
i want the innnocent teenagers to die

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Most of the no name background heroes will die horribly while all the characters we do know will survive with some major injuries with maybe one or two of them actually dying for greater impact.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Rock Lock is already living on borrowed time.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Funky Valentine posted:

Rock Lock is already living on borrowed time.

He raised all those death flags during the Yakuza arc and managed to survive. When we get back to the hospital watch there be a scene of him talking about retiring after this mission so he can spend more time with his family or something.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The heroes are gonna crush it, but they will mourn Mirko's arm like it's a big deal and use that as a means to demonize LoV further.

chiasaur11
Oct 22, 2012

Rhonne posted:

He raised all those death flags during the Yakuza arc and managed to survive. When we get back to the hospital watch there be a scene of him talking about retiring after this mission so he can spend more time with his family or something.

Once you start surviving death flags that blatant (especially if other people die around you) you get much harder to kill. It's like how Roger Murtaugh talks about his family and how he's close to retirement all the time without serious consequences.

It's like a virus. Enough exposure can build up an immunity.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Rhonne posted:

It's already going pearshaped. Hawks hosed up and got caught by Dabi before he could actually neutralize Twice, so expect him to start making a clone army to overwhelm the heroes soon, and those high end nomu are going to keep Mirko and the others busy long enough for the doctor to wake up Shigaraki and gently caress things up at the hospital.

Waffleman_ posted:

They're also not real and characters in a story.

The energy of the room right now is that things haven't gotten bad till we're seeing teenager-sized coffins. Until then, you keep rooting for the villains, because right now those are the underdogs.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Countblanc posted:

i want the innnocent teenagers to die

The whole arc and tenor of the story thus far has been pointing heavily towards "The false peace All Might created is about to get hosed up" and if there's not dead characters then it's going to feel really contrived.

Hori pulled his punches pretty hard with Stain and Overhaul so I'm waiting to see how he handles this arc.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Shigaraki is going to dust all the Pro Heroes except suspiciously the ones who did best in the character polls.