Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

MizPiz posted:

Amanda is definitely not the idiot in this specific instance

https://twitter.com/AmandaMarcotte/status/1242436416103219200?s=19

However, she is an idiot for spending the past four years trying to convince people that the only person providing a real alternative to Trump is literally one of her abusive ex-boyfriends.

I don't know who she is, so I don't know who you're talking about.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos
We should take her backpedaling at face value because

Lemniscate Blue
Apr 21, 2006

Here we go again.

MizPiz posted:

Amanda is definitely not the idiot in this specific instance

https://twitter.com/AmandaMarcotte/status/1242436416103219200?s=19

However, she is an idiot for spending the past four years trying to convince people that the only person providing a real alternative to Trump is literally one of her abusive ex-boyfriends.

I'm not familiar with her enough to know who you're referring to here.

PurpleXVI
Oct 30, 2011

Spewing insults, pissing off all your neighbors, betraying your allies, backing out of treaties and accords, and generally screwing over the global environment?
ALL PART OF MY BRILLIANT STRATEGY!

chitoryu12 posted:

Am I the only one who doesn't have a problem with this? It doesn't look like she's saying "We need to send all the kids back to work so they don't become poor." She's demanding that we find a way to repay everyone who's at risk of being left impoverished and that "You all just need to go home without pay to avoid spreading the virus" without any attempt at making up for their lack of work is just going to get them into the idea of reopening the economy and letting people die like Trump wants.

Oh thank God, that's how I read it as well and I was terrified that the brain worms had gotten to me and I was missing something super obvious to everyone else like an entire tweet of racist slurs or whatever.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

https://twitter.com/traptofficial/status/1242501066744303618?s=21

Still going!

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

PurpleXVI posted:

Oh thank God, that's how I read it as well and I was terrified that the brain worms had gotten to me and I was missing something super obvious to everyone else like an entire tweet of racist slurs or whatever.

She is, at best, promoting a false dichotomy. This is the most charitable reading of her tweets.

Byzantine
Sep 1, 2007

CharlestheHammer posted:

If only there was a group that prints money that could help young people in trying times

Whatever kill the olds I guess

Why not both?

Mr. Fall Down Terror
Jan 24, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

PurpleXVI posted:

there's a lot of tweets where you have to be conversant on recent days worth of context re: twitter political arguments and it's one huge conversation that is easily and completely ignored with no downside at all

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Absurd Alhazred posted:

We should take her backpedaling at face value because

It's not backpedaling, she's giving a bland liberal's take on class analysis via the medium of generational politics. Replace some of the wording and add more in jokes it's the kind of thing you'd see in DnD

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy
As someone who was at one point very familiar with Marcotte's work, T-man has the right of it. She's always tended towards an us vs. them framing to add some shock value to liberal positions. It was a little more tolerable when she was younger and didn't soften the attack for :decorum: reasons.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
Unless she is offering some alternative (which as far as i can tell she really isn’t) then this is no different than saying just go back to work.

She is just kind of sad about it i guess? Which is the liberal mindset to a tee

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
How is saying "they can't go back to work, and we need to think of a way to make sure this doesn't destroy their lives" anything at all like telling them to go back to work?

At worst you can say that this is a tepid, obvious take.

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
This is the best summary of what's going on with Amanda Marcotte

https://twitter.com/shujaxhaider/status/1242473609689473025

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

do nothing and pretend to feel bad about it is pretty much the go-to solution for the American left

Son of Thunderbeast
Sep 21, 2002

hawowanlawow posted:

do nothing and pretend to feel bad about it is pretty much the go-to solution for the American left

inside the thread, etc.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Son of Thunderbeast posted:

inside the thread, etc.

bruh they're nominating Biden

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

MizPiz posted:

This is the best summary of what's going on with Amanda Marcotte

https://twitter.com/shujaxhaider/status/1242473609689473025

Oh, this definitely belongs in this thread.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!

hawowanlawow posted:

You mean liberals but I don’t think she is faking being sad she just....isn’t saying anything.

The most charitable interpretation is it’s an observation but an observation by itself is useless

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

CharlestheHammer posted:

You mean liberals but I don’t think she is faking being sad she just....isn’t saying anything.

The most charitable interpretation is it’s an observation but an observation by itself is useless

All right, pack it up guys. No more making observations on social media. Either every tweet you make is a plan of action for solving a problem or gently caress off.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

sack up and talk about UBI to anyone who will listen

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

there wolf posted:

T-man has the right of it.

you fool
you idiot
you utter buffoon

i disagree

hawowanlawow posted:

for the democratic party, not the left

chitoryu12 posted:

All right, pack it up guys. No more making observations on social media. Either every tweet you make is a plan of action for solving a problem or gently caress off.

your ability to maliciously not understand things is breathtaking, awe inspiring, and quite grating

hawowanlawow posted:

sack up and talk about UBI to anyone who will listen

<leftist voice> poorly implemented ubi is the ultimate disarment of the working class, taking the only bargining chip we have (labor) and giving the rich time to automate it away, can't unionize a robot and we all know what the rich do to excess populations given the opportunity </leftist voice>

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
T-man: *Laughs Leftistly*

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
The Democratic Party is nothing more than a gentler, more polite, more :decorum:-focused arm of the New Nazi Party, AKA, the Republican Party.

America has two right-wing parties and that's it.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

T-man posted:

<leftist voice> poorly implemented ubi is the ultimate disarment of the working class, taking the only bargining chip we have (labor) and giving the rich time to automate it away, can't unionize a robot and we all know what the rich do to excess populations given the opportunity </leftist voice>

is there a version of this that makes sense?

how would giving workers the ability to stop working undermine their bargaining power?

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

is there a version of this that makes sense?

how would giving workers the ability to stop working undermine their bargaining power?

think about this very carefully, one more time, and then edit your post

Bobby Digital
Sep 4, 2009

hawowanlawow posted:

bruh they're nominating Biden

Bruh that ain’t the left

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Bobby Digital posted:

Bruh that ain’t the left

it's the only left we have, there is no other left

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Haha😂 what🙇 if we👫... violated🚫 COVID-19💉🧬 social distancing👯, lockdown🔒, and quarantine🔗 procedures? 🍑🍆 Haha just kidding... 😋😋🤪 Unless? 😳😳💕💦👅

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
https://twitter.com/WeWuzBoomers/status/1242590851039137794?s=20

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

hawowanlawow posted:

it's the only left we have, there is no other left

lmao if you think the Democratic party is in any sense "left"

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Who What Now posted:

lmao if you think the Democratic party is in any sense "left"

yes I know, I have been mocking them with you for years

HiroProtagonist
May 7, 2007

hawowanlawow posted:

yes I know, I have been mocking them with you for years

HiroProtagonist posted:

think about this very carefully, one more time, and then edit your post

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I know goons don't like to call Democrats the left, but they are the American left

that's why I said the American left, and not just the left

we are literally mocking the same people and you are arguing with me over semantics

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

hawowanlawow posted:

I know goons don't like to call Democrats the left, but they are the American left

that's why I said the American left, and not just the left

we are literally mocking the same people and you are arguing with me over semantics

Once again, America needs to feel special and call their center-right the "left."

this country sucks. lol if you think we have a real leftist party.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

Everyone settle down.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
ain't worth a probe

snergle
Aug 3, 2013

A kind little mouse!

justin truedeu known non racist and soyboy.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

LITERALLY A BIRD posted:

Everyone settle down.

The instant I see furthermore in anything online I just stop reading. Probably for the best.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

chitoryu12 posted:

I’m confused I assume your making fun of my post by exaggerating it but that is actually exactly what my point is.

So uh hard agree

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Field Mousepad posted:

The instant I see furthermore in anything online I just stop reading. Probably for the best.

years of SA have trained me to expect it to end a post