Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

dragonshardz
May 2, 2017

Rutibex posted:

Feed the Beast is going rogue? Or will they pull those mods they dont have permission from the pack?

Given that for a number of years one of FTB's big marketing pushes was that THEY had permission to use mods and Technic didn't, they're probably going ton continue to be super anal about whether or not they have permission to use a given mod.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jay-Roden
Jul 22, 2018

My leg is hungry.

Blood for the Blood God!
Skulls for the Skull Throne!
Someone brought up TFC a few days ago and it's given me a itch to play again, is there any tfc goon servers and if not would anyone be interested if i started one?

Jay-Roden fucked around with this message at 04:05 on Mar 20, 2020

smertrioslol
Apr 4, 2010
I haven’t played modded Minecraft in years. Some friends of mine just put up a resonant rise server and I’m lost. A quick google for a guide doesn’t seem to help. Does anyone have any advice one which mod I should tackle first in the pack? I like automation.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

smertrioslol posted:

I haven’t played modded Minecraft in years. Some friends of mine just put up a resonant rise server and I’m lost. A quick google for a guide doesn’t seem to help. Does anyone have any advice one which mod I should tackle first in the pack? I like automation.

It has Industrial Craft so maybe get an ore doubling setup going first? That will help with everything else.

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy

smertrioslol posted:

You could ask your friends what they are doing?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

So, uh, this mod looks pretty rad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jDIuWv7ROi8

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Is there a minecraft thread/post somewhere on making/maintaining minecraft servers?

SugarAddict fucked around with this message at 11:14 on Mar 21, 2020

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

That's one hell of a trailer. Looks like mostly autocrafting tools, but the rotating blocks are nifty too. Hopefully the block rotation stuff is more performant than the last mod I saw doing it.

Falcon2001
Oct 10, 2004

Eat your hamburgers, Apollo.
Pillbug

Man that's amazing.

D34THROW
Jan 29, 2012

RETAIL RETAIL LISTEN TO ME BITCH ABOUT RETAIL
:rant:

So it's Better than Wolves minus the animal cruelty?

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

D34THROW posted:

Yes, and working off wind power.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

D34THROW posted:

With any luck, it's minus the human cruelty as well.

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart
Create is pretty cool on its own, in a pack its just there for aesthetics as most of its stuff can be done easier and cheaper.
It IS cool looking in the things it does.
I'm not sure if its just every pack I have tried or if it does it on its own, but it needs lots of Andesite to function and every time I have tried it it seems to be a very rare commodity.
In rare but big veins.
It can be tough to find though.
The windmill and conveyors work well, but a lot of things seem to need Gold plates, that are made with the pack machines.
And its a must to watch a tutorial on it, because its just not obvious at first how to 'wash' grains or use the blowers to cook etc...

But aesthetically, its pretty drat cool.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

welp there goes my interest

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

That's just the way he rolls.
I've noticed Industrial Foregoing's mining lasers aren't getting Mekanism's Osmium.
Is there something I can add to the laser_drill_ores folder in Config to change this?

OgNar
Oct 26, 2002

They tapdance not, neither do they fart

Ak Gara posted:

I've noticed Industrial Foregoing's mining lasers aren't getting Mekanism's Osmium.
Is there something I can add to the laser_drill_ores folder in Config to change this?

Are you playing that recent modpack that Direwolf has been streaming?
I think he mentioned you can only get it in the Beneath or deep dark or some dimension that I can't remember the name of.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

There's plenty of Osmium in the world spawned, it's just the IF's laser drill not making any. It's okay though I found a work around.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

i've noticed that the better a mod's aesthetics are, the more likely its entire purpose is just elaborately making cakes

Depends
May 6, 2006
no.

Ak Gara posted:

There's plenty of Osmium in the world spawned, it's just the IF's laser drill not making any. It's okay though I found a work around.

If it's MC Eternal you can get it with the atomic reconstructor, you get a ton of it.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

It's a modified version of All The Mods 3. A lot of mods taken out, and a lot of mods added. The most recent mod I added is something I've been wanting for ages.
Inventory Decrapifier.

Diorite, Andesite, Granite, Cobblestone, all that trash, no longer gets picked up!

Black Pants
Jan 16, 2008

Such comfortable, magical pants!
Lipstick Apathy
..I should add that to XXL Pants sometime.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Is there any item out there that will automatically compress items in a chest? Like ingots into blocks, that sort of thing? Preferably one with some kind of configuration?

I feel like dartcraft or something had that ages ago but I can't think of anything that does it now.

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes

Light Gun Man posted:

Is there any item out there that will automatically compress items in a chest? Like ingots into blocks, that sort of thing? Preferably one with some kind of configuration?

I feel like dartcraft or something had that ages ago but I can't think of anything that does it now.

if you have storage drawers you can make compacting drawers that automatically do that, but that's more of a side thing to what you're asking

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

flatluigi posted:

if you have storage drawers you can make compacting drawers that automatically do that, but that's more of a side thing to what you're asking

yeah, those are great for storing metals and stuff, but i want something to keep automatically filling inventories from machines from filling up.

unrelated, i made a decent fluxomagnet, and can wear it as a bauble, but if i do it attracts items to....nowhere? and they stop existing! good poo poo. works fine in my inventory.

SugarAddict
Oct 11, 2012
Theres a few mods that add compacting machines, thermal dynamics adds compactors, alternatively there's autocrafters.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
Yeah I'm probably going to go with an RFTools crafter and a conduit that feeds the crafter and then puts them back into the source crate. Just wish there was an in-inventory way of doing it.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

I couldn't imagine playing without Refined Storage (plus it's addons)

A warehouse full of chests all individually labeled with signs is all well and good but that's very early game inventory management.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
The ExtraUtilities2 storage system is almost where I want it. You keep the warehouses of chests for actual storage but have a central indexer to see everything and pull what you want from it. The annoying downside that makes it almost unusable is the time delay for items to get from the chest through the pipes to the interface. AE perfected the interface with the crafting grid years ago, nothing has come close to feeling like you just have a really big inventory box with a crafting grid and search bar.

Gwyneth Palpate
Jun 7, 2010

Do you want your breadcrumbs highlighted?

~SMcD

Blind Duke posted:

The ExtraUtilities2 storage system is almost where I want it. You keep the warehouses of chests for actual storage but have a central indexer to see everything and pull what you want from it. The annoying downside that makes it almost unusable is the time delay for items to get from the chest through the pipes to the interface. AE perfected the interface with the crafting grid years ago, nothing has come close to feeling like you just have a really big inventory box with a crafting grid and search bar.

Check out the RFTools storage scanner. It does basically what you're describing, including the crafting grid and search bar. As a bonus, you can use it to loot dungeons through the walls in packs like FTB Interactions. It uses no pipes to pull items; they just get teleported from whatever chest they are in to your inventory.

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy
There's a mod called simple storage network that basically is like older AE but you can just hook it up to a bunch of actually additions crates and have a shitload of storage in no time. I'm using that to store all the bullshit my mob farm drops now, pretty nice. Routing all the enchanted books to Dischantment Generator to power the whole thing.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

Refined Storage is pretty much AE1 too

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Has anybody played around with tetra? It feels like ticon without the multiblocks, but also with less of a capacity to make seriously powerful weapons.

Maguoob
Dec 26, 2012

Goon Danton posted:

Has anybody played around with tetra? It feels like ticon without the multiblocks, but also with less of a capacity to make seriously powerful weapons.

I’ve seen the first “preview” video Mice of Mischief put out, but since I only ever do “quest” based modpacks I haven’t played with it myself. Maybe it will be a good alternative to tinkerer’s.

I wonder what the next version people will settle on and we’ll get packs for. I think the dude doing engimatica has a basic pack for 1.14 and one for 1.15. 1.16 appears to be nether focused with new tools & armor, new biomes, new mobs and a mount that can swim in lava.

Blind Duke
Nov 8, 2013
I like the salvaging aspect of Tetra and holy poo poo does modded Minecraft need a general customizable tool mod other than Tinkers. The multiple required structures hidden underground in one biome is problematic without a compass of sorts.

taiyoko
Jan 10, 2008

Blind Duke posted:

I like the salvaging aspect of Tetra and holy poo poo does modded Minecraft need a general customizable tool mod other than Tinkers. The multiple required structures hidden underground in one biome is problematic without a compass of sorts.

I'm confused. I've never had to locate underground structures with Tinkers. Or were you trying to say that Tetra would be a good competitor for Tinkers but you have to structure hunt?

Goon Danton
May 24, 2012

Don't forget to show my shitposts to the people. They're well worth seeing.

Yeah the higher end stuff in tetra is gated behind finding underground structures in cold biomes, it's weird.

Ak Gara
Jul 29, 2005

How does the fuel reactivity (fuel efficiency) work for the Extreme Reactors (Big Reactors) mod? What are the code's rules for what makes it go up? What's the theoretical maximum?

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

Rutibex posted:

My 1.12 challenge mod pack is based on a series of novels. You can read them and pretend its a fantastic story! :v:

https://www.curseforge.com/minecraft/modpacks/escape-from-trantor

It has a quest book, but its more just a series of challenges. I couldn't be bothered to do a tutorial quest for every drat thing like most mod pack makers.

I tried this, but there's no way to get wood (and thus no way to get food), every mob has massive amounts of haste, and the first night is a blood moon. Pass.

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Wolfsbane posted:

I tried this, but there's no way to get wood (and thus no way to get food), every mob has massive amounts of haste, and the first night is a blood moon. Pass.
:eng101:
There are lots of ways to get wood. You can salvage buildings, you can find it in chests, and most importantly you can break apart bushes to get saplings.

Unfortunately the mobs and the blood moon are intentional

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wolfsbane
Jul 29, 2009

What time is it, Eccles?

So get lucky on the first day or start a new world?