Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
anime
.hack//Sign
.hack//Legend of the Twilight
.hack//Roots
View Results

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty
dang, I knew the next chapter of Observation Diary of the Self-Proclaimed Villainess would be harsh, but man, I'm feeling kinda bad for Heronia, she still thinks she's on the game route, but it's all crumbling in front of everyone. I like the way one person put it, "Bertia is dumb and she knows it, while Heronia is dumb but thinks she's a genius"

Very interested to see where it continues on from here

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Captain Invictus posted:

dang, I knew the next chapter of Observation Diary of the Self-Proclaimed Villainess would be harsh, but man, I'm feeling kinda bad for Heronia, she still thinks she's on the game route, but it's all crumbling in front of everyone. I like the way one person put it, "Bertia is dumb and she knows it, while Heronia is dumb but thinks she's a genius"

I'm guessing with Bertia realizing (or acknowledging) that they're both reincarnated and making friends with Heronia. Because how else does that girl know the same "plot" that Bertia does?.

Nalin
Sep 29, 2007

Hair Elf
Pretty sure Bertia already knows that. I've read the whole novel version and I don't remember if it was shown in the comic, but there was at least one occasion where Heronia confronted Bertia about not being the villainess and how she should get her act together if she wanted the prince to be happy.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Bertia was never the hostile one in the relationship in the first place

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
I wonder whatever happened to the girl who shoved Bertia down the stairs? That's definitely assault if not attempted homicide right?

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

I just feel bad for the bird. That bird has no idea what's going on and is just trying to help his friend.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Bertia demonstrated quite early that she's willing to change the timeline for the better, telling people about the plague. Heronia still thinks everything is playing out like the book, despite things like that being different.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

Artificer posted:

I wonder whatever happened to the girl who shoved Bertia down the stairs? That's definitely assault if not attempted homicide right?

She's currently sitting in the dungeon after the Prince exposed her to everyone.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Serial version of Middle Age Man's Noble Daughters Reincarnation is out https://mangadex.org/title/46388/akuyaku-reijou-tensei-oji-san

Venuz Patrol
Mar 27, 2011

Captain Invictus posted:

this is my favorite isekai running at the moment. the arc where Bertia plays matchmaker for all her friends is what all manga needs more of

Brought To You By
Oct 31, 2012

SatoshiMiwa posted:

Serial version of Middle Age Man's Noble Daughters Reincarnation is out https://mangadex.org/title/46388/akuyaku-reijou-tensei-oji-san

Old man tries to be the bad guy, fails spectacularly.
There are a lot of photoshopped background elements compared to the pre-serialization

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

To a certain degree I think the gags might suffer from the longer format, but on the other, I kind of want to spend more time in Genzaburou's head.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
The Level 99 Villainess gives no fucks about high school romance shenanigans.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wonder when she'll meet someone who isn't a shithead.

Bremen
Jul 20, 2006

Our God..... is an awesome God
Yasei no Last Boss 29/30: I love the occasional PoV switches to the hero's party where we see the protagonist and her group through his eyes. It's amusing to see the cast of misfits looking all terrifying and everyone coming up with elaborate conspiracy theories about what they must be up to.

Bremen fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 23, 2020

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Just let yourself become a worthless person!
I’m watching the anime now, and I had forgotten just how loving dark Ascendance of a Bookworm gets around when Myne is making paper.

”It’s nothing to worry about, if I get disowned and cast out I can always just commit suicide.” The anime seems a bit cheerier than the books but it isn’t really shying away from this.

Syritta
Jun 28, 2012

Bremen posted:

Yasei no Last Boss 29/30: I love the occasional PoV switches to the hero's party where we see the protagonist and her group through his eyes. It's amusing to see the cast of misfits looking all terrifying and everyone coming up with elaborate conspiracy theories about what they must be up to.

i like the "My God this looks like we're invading the country" like she's completely out of her depth

Also relatedly it emphasizes that the kid's got some guts

Captain Invictus
Apr 5, 2005

Try reading some manga!

Clever Betty

Bremen posted:

link to chapter 30

I absolutely love that there's this INCREDIBLY AWE-INSPIRING/BADASS/TERRIFYING scene(depending on who's viewing it) where all the various heavenly stars transform into their beast forms and then it all turns out to be because of them being goofy idiots, including libra despite her being a calculating robot, she's still a goofy idiot

also I like this hero fella. he's got spunk, and gumption.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It
Yea been following this for a while, nice to see them release two chapters at once.

best scene was Libra blocking attacks with the crab screaming OH MY GOD in English

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
I think Hero might be more open to the idea of "goddess is the true enemy" than people expect.

And poor demons, born to fight a war they must never win.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
New update for The Unwanted Undead Adventurer.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

I love how dense Rentt is and how bad Lorraine is at hiding her feelings towards him.

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
They're perfect for each other, and will cohabitate with their new adopted daughter for years before realising.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Elfface posted:

They're perfect for each other, and will cohabitate with their new adopted daughter for years before realising.

For real.Their whole scene when Lorraine blatantly starts to reinforce becoming a mage scholar instead on an adventurer while Rentt awkwardly tries to remind her was great Mom vs Dad on Child's career path.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost

doomrider7 posted:

For real.Their whole scene when Lorraine blatantly starts to reinforce becoming a mage scholar instead on an adventurer while Rentt awkwardly tries to remind her was great Mom vs Dad on Child's career path.

Sometimes a family is the living dead, a crazy mage, and their adopted daughter.

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Nemo2342 posted:

Sometimes a family is the living dead, a crazy mage, and their adopted daughter.

The best of families. 🙂

I really, really do love this series and Wolf Won't Sleep. They just have that great old school DnD vibe. There are of course other series like Dungeon Meshi and Faraway Paladin that have a vibe similar in some way, but these two perfectly nail that gritty old school Lodoss War look as well.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i like wolf won't sleep because he's a hardcore dungeon conquering maniac but he does very little dungeon diving. instead, it's mostly about all this stuff that is out of his comfort zone.

Mors Rattus
Oct 25, 2007

FATAL & Friends
Walls of Text
#1 Builder
2014-2018

gimme the GOD drat candy posted:

i like wolf won't sleep because he's a hardcore dungeon conquering maniac but he does very little dungeon diving. instead, it's mostly about all this stuff that is out of his comfort zone.

Yeah, we’ve established that he’s an unstoppable badass warrior, so now we get to see him deal with social problems and teaching apes how to box.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

Wait there’s a fourth book in bookworm part 2? drat. I figured I just had to hold off until book 3 got translated.

At this rate the anime could catch up!

khy
Aug 15, 2005

To be fair, we already have an Isekai where a mummy, skeleton, and ghost raise a kid who turns out to be fairly talented and good. So wizard mom and ghoul dad isn't much of a stretch anymore.

IShallRiseAgain
Sep 12, 2008

Well ain't that precious?

nrook posted:

Wait there’s a fourth book in bookworm part 2? drat. I figured I just had to hold off until book 3 got translated.

At this rate the anime could catch up!

Nah, Bookworm has a ton more content. If it gets fully adapted (doubtful), it will take a long time just for the show to catch up.

nrook
Jun 25, 2009

IShallRiseAgain posted:

Nah, Bookworm has a ton more content. If it gets fully adapted (doubtful), it will take a long time just for the show to catch up.

I just mean catch up to the official English translation. I know there are like 20 volumes of the light novels already. In hindsight I wrote in a confusing way.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
The next season is shorter than the first, but the source material has even more chapters. Even highly compressed and omitting chapters like "Going out to buy clothes", I doubt they could get the whole arc 2 in there. And from the trailers I don't think I've seen any scenes past the halfway mark. I'd like for it to be fully adapted but season 1 adapted 72 chapters and there are 700 of them to go through if you include side stories. For reference, arc 1 has about 77 chapters, and arc 2 has nearly 100.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Nemo2342 posted:

The living dead’s rat familiar and his secret spy network of all the rats in town? That’s a family

doomrider7
Nov 29, 2018

Fellis posted:

The living dead’s rat familiar and his secret spy network of all the rats in town? That’s a family

Rentt was Willard all along.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.
Been reading A False Confession. Which despite its title is less of a romance and more of a war story from a ground level you don't see too often in isekai.

Basically the protag is a Korean woman who reincarnates in a fantasy world, except instead of being a noblewoman like she expected she's just an orphan on the streets. She gets taken into an orphanage run by a church and grows up to be a priestess, basically because it was the path of least resistance. But since priests have actual healing magic in this fantasy world (and she's unfortunately talented at it), she gets drafted to serve as a medic in a war.

Basically lots of marching punctuated by short and bloody moments of violence, followed by emptiness, PSTD, and life inexplicably moving on even when she can't.

Also sort of interesting how the protag's internal monologue is this high speed, nervous "please don't cause any trouble, I really, really, REALLY don't want any trouble," but if you look at her from the outside she seems to appear stoic and self-sacrificing and dare I say saintly to everyone else.

Artificer
Apr 8, 2010

You're going to try ponies and you're. Going. To. LOVE. ME!!
Anime Ciaphas Cain.

LibrarianCroaker
Mar 30, 2010
New Only Sense Online

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

Clarste posted:

Been reading A False Confession. Which despite its title is less of a romance and more of a war story from a ground level you don't see too often in isekai.

Basically the protag is a Korean woman who reincarnates in a fantasy world, except instead of being a noblewoman like she expected she's just an orphan on the streets. She gets taken into an orphanage run by a church and grows up to be a priestess, basically because it was the path of least resistance. But since priests have actual healing magic in this fantasy world (and she's unfortunately talented at it), she gets drafted to serve as a medic in a war.

Basically lots of marching punctuated by short and bloody moments of violence, followed by emptiness, PSTD, and life inexplicably moving on even when she can't.

Also sort of interesting how the protag's internal monologue is this high speed, nervous "please don't cause any trouble, I really, really, REALLY don't want any trouble," but if you look at her from the outside she seems to appear stoic and self-sacrificing and dare I say saintly to everyone else.

uh, i would not have predicted that content from that title.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
the mangadex synopsis just departs even further from that description!