Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ornamental Dingbat
Feb 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/WrrrdNrrrdGrrrl/status/891643397009805312?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Ocean Book posted:

This is just me, but I think the President of the United States of America has a responsibility to communicate clearly and effectively, especially in times of crisis, and it’s ok to critique him when he fails to do so.

This includes knowing when not to say things. In this case giving vague and poorly-substantiated medical directives out to a panicky population is actually a bad thing, and it was predictable that a bad outcome would result. Most Americans don’t have detailed knowledge of pharmacology, and it was possible to anticipate that chemical names are confusing and someone would confuse them. This is why we have prescriptions filled by pharmacists and we don’t just tell people to go pick their medications out of a huge array of inscrutably named chemicals.

Technically yes, the old people bought the stuff and drank it, the ultimate responsibility for those actions lies in their choices. But isn’t he supposed to be a leader? A leader is responsible for the actions of the followers. If I’m a manager and I give bad instructions to my employees, and then they do bad work, that’s my fault. Being a leader is a position of responsibility, and it means taking responsibility for even unanticipated outcomes.

It's funny you say this bc I figured people would interpret Trump's tweet as I did: "this is an exciting new development!" but no, they took it literally and assumed ingesting the magic drug--in any available form--would not only cure but prevent the Coronavirus.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

I assume some of the background noise that made the couple in Arizona think taking the fish pills was a good idea is that due to the calamitous failure of American healthcare people have been using antibiotics intended for fish as a stopgap when they can't afford to see a doctor.

https://www.smithsonianmag.com/smart-news/why-are-americans-taking-fish-antibiotics-180973779/

edit: Kinda f/b by Ornamental Dingbat.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

Technically, the antimalarial that Trump mentioned was hydroxychloroquine--a less toxic lethal version of chloroquine :ironicat:

False. He has talked about both.

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

This thing blowing over is almost more hilarious than the dark world alternative.

I mean, imagine telling your grandchildren:
"Yeah there was this time literally the whole world was quarantined in their little apartment for half a year."

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

Suddenly, Donald J. Trump told us to go outside again and the whole world realized only he knew the way.

The End.

pixaal
Jan 8, 2004

All ice cream is now for all beings, no matter how many legs.

Haramstufe Rot posted:

This thing blowing over is almost more hilarious than the dark world alternative.

I mean, imagine telling your grandchildren:
"Yeah there was this time literally the whole world was quarantined in their little apartment for half a year."

There is no way they believe you they will think you are exaggerating and just go waaaaoooooowww were there dragons too?

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme
Did y'all in the US get a card in the mail describing President Trump's Rules For Halting The Coronavirus, referring you to coronavirus.gov? Officially from the CDC? Because I just loving did.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

I am fine avoiding people as much as possible for another 18 months or hell, 18 years. Except my family, of course. My brother probably wont be around for a while because he is a hospital pharmacist and probably has a high risk of getting infected. Last I heard his hospital has has only a few coronavirus deaths so far.

DeadFatDuckFat
Oct 29, 2012

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.

Zugzwang posted:

Did y'all in the US get a card in the mail describing President Trump's Rules For Halting The Coronavirus, referring you to coronavirus.gov? Officially from the CDC? Because I just loving did.

Yep. Basically a campaign ad imo

smoobles
Sep 4, 2014

Zugzwang posted:

I'm OK with this. 80% of people don't read Twitter or watch white house press conferences.

cda
Jan 2, 2010

by Hand Knit

Pick posted:

Man, remember when you were a kid, and the ending of the velveteen rabbit was so sad, because they took the rabbit that had disease on it and threw it in the fire. You probably cried and stuff. And you had no idea that when you were a grown-up that the US president was gonna do that to your grandma

I've been thinking about the velveteen rabbit a lot over the last week or so. When I was a kid I just couldn't process why they were burning the rabbit instead of washing it or something

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Zugzwang posted:

OK just assume people can read :rolleyes:

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

cda posted:

I've been thinking about the velveteen rabbit a lot over the last week or so. When I was a kid I just couldn't process why they were burning the rabbit instead of washing it or something

It’s an allegory for witchcraft

Zugzwang
Jan 2, 2005

You have a kind of sick desperation in your laugh.

Ramrod XTreme

DeadFatDuckFat posted:

Yep. Basically a campaign ad imo
:agreed:

smoobles posted:

I'm OK with this. 80% of people don't read Twitter or watch white house press conferences.
What's fun is the stuff on it is all correct, I'm just wondering when we'll get the next one saying that everyone should go to church on Easter and stop worrying about the Chinese Virus.

Rasta_Al
Jul 14, 2001

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.
Fun Shoe
You can’t reason with Trumpers. 90% of em think he was sent by God or some asinine poo poo... I’ve heard this from a religious coworker twice in the past couple of weeks.

Mulaney Power Move
Dec 30, 2004

God sent fire and brimstone and floods to earth, why not Trump

Lt Dan Ice Cream
Jul 29, 2006

Lipstick Apathy

Rasta_Al posted:

You can’t reason with Trumpers. 90% of em think he was sent by God or some asinine poo poo... I’ve heard this from a religious coworker twice in the past couple of weeks.

Go read some breitbart comments. Trump is the greatest thing the good Lord ever created.

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Rasta_Al posted:

God sent Trump to earth to grab pussy by proxy. Tell them that.

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Donald Trump came to me in a dream, and in it he told me; "The cure for the virus is to grab it by the pussy, see? Watch" and he grabbed a giant human sized virus cell by it's mitochondria and then the virus being ate him o_0

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

smoobles posted:

Wait 'till you realize coronavirus.gov points to a Twitter take-down of Cuomo's efforts and asks for donations for Trump 2020.*

*: I'm joking. There's no way in hell I'm actually visiting a US .gov website.

Im Ready for DEATH
Oct 5, 2016

Jesus Christmas the stimulus bill went from 1T to 2T to 6T.

bomb
Nov 3, 2005

Im Ready for DEATH posted:

Soon it will be all the Ts

Gone Fashing
Aug 4, 2004

KEEP POSTIN
I'M STILL LAFFIN

cda posted:

yeah it was kind of traumatizing to a sensitive little kid

Shaocaholica
Oct 29, 2002

Fig. 5E

Dick Bastardly posted:

Donald Trump came to me in a dream, and in it he told me; "The cure for the virus is to grab it by the pussy, see? Watch" and he grabbed a giant human sized virus cell by it's mitochondria and then the virus being ate him o_0

“grab the virus by the pussy”
*picture of trump with a halo praying*

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

bomb posted:

Soon it will be all the Ts

A 1 trillion coin per day for a month, then we get back to normal.

Lord Decimus Barnacle
Jun 25, 2005

Hell Gem
Hams cost a lot of money. Those Ts will be well spent

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

cool, that means everyone is guaranteed $1000 a month for at least two years

*holds finger to earpice* i've just been informed that this is not how the stimulus will be spent, all of it will go to businesses

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005

Doggles posted:

"600, 900, 1400..."
2200 tomorrow. C'mon, give us a Fibonacci!

SLOSifl posted:

+300, 500, 800. Next total would be 2200.
i dont know what youre saying but 600, 900, 1400 and 300, 500, 800, (1300,) 2200 arent fibonacci sequences
600, 800, 1400 is a fibonacci sequence that would be followed by 2200 so what i was saying was that he probably misread the 2nd term

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦
Boeing receives $6 trillion bailout! We're saved!

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
i had to check to make sure that was just a joke. that insanity is within the realm of believability

Turrurrurrurrrrrrr
Dec 22, 2018

I hope this is "battle" enough for you, friend.

smoobles posted:

Somebody should send printed tweets from the Trump to general population.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

I did a quick google and apparently it's super easy to take a lethal overdose of this stuff if you gently caress up the dosage. Stories about kids who took double the recommended dosage and died within hours, etc etc.. There's also some indication that individual tolerances might also vary wildly.

Given that pills that those elderly people chugged were intended to treat an entire koi pond I'm guessing they had quite a kick to them.

The Human Crouton
Sep 20, 2002

1/3rd of the GDP(for a non plague year) all in one shot.

Smashing Link
Jul 8, 2003

I'll keep chucking bombs at you til you fall off that ledge!
Grimey Drawer
Crazy that 9/11 and the financial crisis will be seen as lesser events in the future.

SLICK GOKU BABY
Jun 12, 2001

Hey Hey Let's Go! 喧嘩する
大切な物を protect my balls

Still not gonna do the basics like eliminate student debt that would benefit the economy in so many ways on it's own...

But if you print enough money the ship will keep on floating I guess.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord

Just wait until Thursday for the weekly job numbers, then early April for the monthlies :chaostrump:

gary oldmans diary
Sep 26, 2005
how do i place a short against the entire economy

Bronze Fonz
Feb 14, 2019

BRADY SLUDER speaks again:

“I wasn’t aware of the severity of my actions and comments,” the man, Brady Sluder, said on Instagram on Sunday. “I’d like to take this time to own up to the mistakes i’ve made and apologize to the people I’ve offended.”

https://www.nytimes.com/2020/03/24/us/coronavirus-brady-sluder-spring-break.html?smtyp=cur&smid=tw-nytimes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

There's leaders, and then there's bosses.

Leaders step up and ensure the common goals of a group are achieved by applying skills, expertise, knowledge, and/or confidence, and consider themselves to be a part of the team.

Bosses push other people to accomplish goals that serve their own personal interests, and consider themselves to be above the team.

Trump is not a leader.