Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Impermanent
Apr 1, 2010

lmao yea we definitely don't have any hitlers around right now this century thats for sure.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

gh0stpinballa posted:

them resolutely sticking to BEB right now is on brand tho

sorry, what is BEB?

Percelus
Sep 9, 2012

My command, your wish is

The Atomic Man-Boy posted:

sorry, what is BEB?

bougie election bullshit

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001
watching trueanon stream getting a very john belushi/carrie fisher blues brothers vibe from the duo

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

gonna subscribe to my own patreon because i forgot the password

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

liz has a tsundre kinda thing going on with AOC confirmed

e:

Impermanent posted:

lmao yea we definitely don't have any hitlers around right now this century thats for sure.

trump is too incompetent and incoherent to go for a proper hitlering, even given the rather low standards set by adolf. imagine trump but smart enough to fool libs more than 40% of the time

T-man has issued a correction as of 08:53 on Mar 25, 2020

Apoplexy
Mar 9, 2003

by Shine
I was just saying after reading Bolsonaro's speech about COVID-19: He's literally what Trump wishes he could be. He's got a very Hitlerian speaking style with effective and strong words and emotional manipulation factor.

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

lmao brace paid an artist to draw john dolan as napoleon returning from elba

prefect
Sep 11, 2001

No one, Woodhouse.
No one.

Dead Man’s Band

Apoplexy posted:

I was just saying after reading Bolsonaro's speech about COVID-19: He's literally what Trump wishes he could be. He's got a very Hitlerian speaking style with effective and strong words and emotional manipulation factor.

Watch videos of Mussolini speeches, and you can see a lot of Trumpish face expressions and big hand gestures. It's pretty interesting.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Apoplexy posted:

loving lmao no

Bolsonaro is a farce on many different levels, including that. If anything, Bolsonaro wants to be more like Trump (he loving tweets pics of himself watching fox news/cnn when Trump is speaking), which got him owned politically as even the army (his supposed main corner) told him to gently caress off after blundering about the coronavirus. Bolsonaro tries hard to be a Putin-like figure but he doesn't have the chops, skills and background to support that*, and he doesn't have the savant slickness of Trump to carry him off, which is resulting in his support crashing hard these last few weeks

* - there is a significant part of the military that has an active dislike of him being what is called a "Copacabana officer": someone that thumps the chest about them being army and telling everybody that they are badasses but in reality only got stationed in cozy posts

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

dead gay comedy forums posted:

loving lmao no

Bolsonaro is a farce on many different levels, including that. If anything, Bolsonaro wants to be more like Trump (he loving tweets pics of himself watching fox news/cnn when Trump is speaking), which got him owned politically as even the army (his supposed main corner) told him to gently caress off after blundering about the coronavirus. Bolsonaro tries hard to be a Putin-like figure but he doesn't have the chops, skills and background to support that*, and he doesn't have the savant slickness of Trump to carry him off, which is resulting in his support crashing hard these last few weeks

* - there is a significant part of the military that has an active dislike of him being what is called a "Copacabana officer": someone that thumps the chest about them being army and telling everybody that they are badasses but in reality only got stationed in cozy posts

oh my god he's mayor pete in thirty years

sleeptalker
Feb 17, 2011

Dreylad posted:

watching trueanon stream getting a very john belushi/carrie fisher blues brothers vibe from the duo

lmao yeah

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

the streams are good, I'm in content heaven

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Gorn Myson
Aug 8, 2007

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

other dasha can get it if she just cuts her hair not godawful
Look we all loved Dasha at one point but most of us have moved on since we discovered Liz.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

i say swears online posted:

No, Bolsanaro got elected

Arcteryx Anarchist
Sep 15, 2007

Fun Shoe

Are the stars supposed to be secularism or something?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

lancemantis posted:

Are the stars supposed to be secularism or something?

No they're just stars

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

The thought of Pete running in 2024 with a half assed Trump impression instead of a half assed Obama is putting a smile on my face.

Honest Thief
Jan 11, 2009

dead gay comedy forums posted:

dude cant even do a pullup

https://twitter.com/greengodict/status/1242599490793738242

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

this sucks i hate it

gh0stpinballa
Mar 5, 2019

actually amber's takes in general on the new chapo were pretty bad. surprised to find myself on this bandwagon but here we are.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

No she's actually right that a bunch of people being unable to pay their rent is not a rent strike. A strike requires coordination, solidarity, and demands. A bunch of people individually getting kicked out of their homes is not a strike.

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica
i don't remember the past, like, four episodes at all but will resolutely argue that Amber is correct

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos

Gripweed posted:

No she's actually right that a bunch of people being unable to pay their rent is not a rent strike. A strike requires coordination, solidarity, and demands. A bunch of people individually getting kicked out of their homes is not a strike.

That's true, but it also doesn't need to be something that's planned ahead. All of the most successful strikes in history (including ones that lead directly revolutions) were started spontaneously as an immediate reaction to some inciting event. Just because a general rent strike isn't being organized doesn't mean one isn't about to happen.

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Gripweed posted:

agreed. all that a disorganized, dispersed rent strike will accomplish is some people getting evicted or otherwise more financially hosed over than they otherwise would be

Siljmonster
Dec 16, 2005

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
episode 1 gets dark and political this week with zippy and tandy and mustard gas :(

V. Illych L.
Apr 11, 2008

ASK ME ABOUT LUMBER

MizPiz posted:

That's true, but it also doesn't need to be something that's planned ahead. All of the most successful strikes in history (including ones that lead directly revolutions) were started spontaneously as an immediate reaction to some inciting event. Just because a general rent strike isn't being organized doesn't mean one isn't about to happen.

these actions don't appear out of thin air either, every time there's been major effective action there have been organisations ready to take charge and coordinate things. at the present, there is no mass movement in america anywhere near radical and organised enough to pull off a rent strike, and it's almost certainly going to end in a demoralising defeat with a bunch of people evicted and in debt

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

MizPiz posted:

V. Illych L. posted:

these actions don't appear out of thin air either, every time there's been major effective action there have been organisations ready to take charge and coordinate things. at the present, there is no mass movement in america anywhere near radical and organised enough to pull off a rent strike, and it's almost certainly going to end in a demoralising defeat with a bunch of people evicted and in debt

co-signed.

Centrist Committee
Aug 6, 2019
I mean, I’m already demoralized by this week’s “back to work” rhetoric and I know that’s the entire point.

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

lmao brace paid an artist to draw john dolan as napoleon returning from elba

i need a picture of this

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Centrist Committee posted:

I mean, I’m already demoralized by this week’s “back to work” rhetoric and I know that’s the entire point.

If they told people to go back to work now, that would be one thing. But if they're waiting until Easter, by then the dead are gonna be really piling up. We'll probably have ten thousand dead in the US by Easter.

lumpentroll
Mar 4, 2020

yoga with stav on twitch

super macho dude
Aug 9, 2014

lumpentroll posted:

yoga with stav on twitch

Is it just him stretching to reach a chicken cutlet sandwich?

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Amber "impluse buying" a banjo officially makes her every Brooklyn guy in 2008

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
they're on his trail.

https://twitter.com/RVAwonk/status/1241864529857916936

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS