Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Infinitum posted:

Just shut this poo poo down, not these piss-ant half measures. Can't go to my pilates class that'll do it Scomo, cheers you spineless oval office.

Seriously.

It's causing far more stress having the restrictions change every few days than would have been caused by going full on draconian at the outset, not to mention that delaying introducing new restrictions just provides more opportunities for the virus to spread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

tardwrangler posted:

A dole form used to be a 2 sided less than a4 size questionnaire with about a dozen yes/no answers and a 5 line box to list the 2 or 3 places you "looked" for work.
If you lived rurally enough you could mail it in.

It takes about 4 clicks (of a mouse or finger) and you have to answer a secret question now.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

iRend posted:

Blow were the lines any shorter the 2nd or 3rd time around

Like I don't already have a loving CRN. That poo poo is online anyway.

Please.

I smashed my ribs a while back (still hurts to breathe), so I'm on some medical disability thing. No cueing for me. E: <--- I meant "queuing". Oops.

:350:

Blow fucked around with this message at 23:34 on Mar 24, 2020

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS
I keep driving past, Queue to Centrelink in Hurstville is doubled now,

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Kharnifex posted:

I keep driving past, Queue to Centrelink in Hurstville is doubled now,

I love how they kept telling people to do it online or by phone. If they ever tried accessing Centrelink's online or phone services, they might understand why people would prefer to turn up at an office and wait for hours.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Lolie posted:

I love how they kept telling people to do it online or by phone. If they ever tried accessing Centrelink's online or phone services, they might understand why people would prefer to turn up at an office and wait for hours.

You gotta do some Zen poo poo. I guess it helps that I was into self-hypnosis and meditation in my teens.

Longest I've been on the phone to Centrelink was about 3 hours (pre-Covid 19).

I actually feel sorry for the Centrelink people. :hfive: to the IT guys for keeping that poo poo running!

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
6 present in a class of 30

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
The message seems to be “stay home everyone” then a minute later its “stay home if you are sick” make up your mind government

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
https://twitter.com/takethetwoo/status/1242410127661006848?s=21

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Isaac posted:

The message seems to be “stay home everyone” then a minute later its “stay home if you are sick” make up your mind government

There's so much contradictory information being given that they might as well tell people to do whatever they feel like.

I think our low death toll is really working against people taking the risks seriously.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
What are all the fossils doing now the pokies are shut

femcastra
Apr 25, 2008

If you want him,
come and knit him!

Jestery posted:

6 present in a class of 30

2 present in a class of 28.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Im going to set up a pokies-by-email service

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Looking into zoom bingo

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

Looking into zoom bingo

You got 2 dynamites, almost hit the feature

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

If you can embed flashing auto play sound gifs into emails you can probably assume the target demo don’t know how to disable them so you’ve at least got the audio visual aspect covered but I don’t know how you’re going to get them free cups of pod coffee via email

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008

femcastra posted:

2 present in a class of 28.

Those two are going to grow up to be cops.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

I would blow Dane Cook posted:

Those two are going to grow up to be cops.

lol

I'm pretty shocked that my daughter is letting my grandson stay at home. I'm pretty sure she wouldn't if I didn't fall into the "extremely vulnerable" group.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Big Red machine hungers for coin

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Lolie posted:

There's so much contradictory information being given that they might as well tell people to do whatever they feel like.

I think our low death toll is really working against people taking the risks seriously.

It sucks to think about but honestly a high profile death would help people take this more seriously.

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

I'm more of a 15 lions man myself

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

well why not posted:

It sucks to think about but honestly a high profile death would help people take this more seriously.

If only the roni would take Peter Dutton out

I would blow Dane Cook
Dec 26, 2008
Richard Wilkins says he is still testing positive for coronavirus, despite experiencing no symptoms.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

well why not posted:

Probably only if it was someone relatively young.

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Isaac posted:

You got 2 dynamites, almost hit the feature

Hahaha. I was killing time with my crackhead friend at the pub playing Queen of the Nile.

1 cent bets.

4 loving Pyramids.

Not sure what the whole point of the story is.

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Blow is the idiot bhudda we all wish we could be

Blow
Feb 10, 2004

Jestery posted:

Blow is the idiot bhudda we all wish we could be

Jestery is the oval office that can't spell "Buddha".

:350:

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Lolie posted:

Probably only if it was someone relatively young.

bobby Irwin take one for the team

ili
Jul 26, 2003

One day Jestery was walking through a market. He overheard a disheveled old man say to a dealer "Give me the best shard you have, oval office."

The dealer replied "Every bag I have is the best."

At these words, Jestery was enlightened.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

Double post sozz

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

Blow posted:

Jestery is the oval office that can't spell "Buddha".

how do you of all people not know what "bhudda" means

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

NVJ is the apprentice deck swabber on the ruby princess and patient zero for the COVID-19 outbreak

McSpergin
Sep 10, 2013

NVJ ate the bat soup that allegedly started the entire coronavirus outbreak

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

ili posted:

One day Jestery was walking through a market. He overheard a disheveled old man say to a dealer "Give me the best shard you have, oval office."

The dealer replied "Every bag I have is the best."

At these words, Jestery was enlightened.

Ded.

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

that pangolin better have been tasty as gently caress

Laserface
Dec 24, 2004

as some of you know I used to work for a (group of) bowlos.

talking to some friends there, the whole business has shut down. that is 400+ casual, full time and part time staff without work. 680+ pokies not generating revenue.

the Whitlams won. bye bye pokies.

e: for detail the business was running on a shoe string budget before i left last year due to over capitalising on renovations at some of the venues. if they are out of action for a few months they will be broke.

Laserface fucked around with this message at 04:16 on Mar 25, 2020

well why not
Feb 10, 2009

rip to your friends job but good. This is a good opportunity to shake some poo poo out of our culture and pokies, durries and old folks wearing all white should be the first 3 to get chopped

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Who knows, maybe 6 months without pokies will help cut down on problem gambling.

Expecting more than a few oldies to go nuts with online poker though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BCR
Jan 23, 2011

Its like day 3 and I'm already over being home.

I'm going to end up doing all the house projects out of boredom.