Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Oxyclean posted:

Confirmation bias, but I got a quite a few sturgeons on an island trip. Not much luck on the stringfish, but I guess I'll just need to load up on bait and make another trip.

Yeah, I got one without much hassle (although I've never caught a second one). Just makes sure you're fishing in the afternoon and before it gets too late.

Seabhac posted:

I'm not super caught up in it, just want to make sure I'm not wasting my time watering flowers because I have them set up all wrong or something. And I find it absurdly exciting to find a new hybrid popping up, it's the first thing I check every morning :shobon:

Fair enough. This is what my layout looks like, anyway. I'm trying to group flowers of the same type together, and have different colours touch one another.

Man, my animal friends are so nice. :3:

I especially love this goofus.

And More fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Mar 25, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

My rocks have been really generous on iron lately, in running at a surplus

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe
It is so weird how long this takes to really feel like Animal Crossing thanks to the island start.

Resident services currently under construction.

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

My resident services won't be under construction until tomorrow. I'm a bit tempted to time travel, it seems like my progression was halted for ~4 days as soon I finished the last big task?

RealFoxy
May 11, 2011

I'm not making a fucking QCS thread for this but seriously can we take a harder stance on Kiwifarms freaks like this guy, Jesus Christ seriously, you used to be better at knocking these creeps down. I guess ADTRW mods aren't responsible like GBS mods are.

And More posted:

I especially love this goofus.

He's in my town too and he found some very 70's shades that he wears all night and now has a bunch of exercise equipment in his yard

Bob A Feet
Aug 10, 2005
Dear diary, I got another erection today at work. SO embarrassing, but kinda hot. The CO asked me to fix up his dress uniform. I had stayed late at work to move his badges 1/8" to the left and pointed it out this morning. 1SG spanked me while the CO watched, once they caught it. Tomorrow I get to start all over again...

Not a Children posted:

My resident services won't be under construction until tomorrow. I'm a bit tempted to time travel, it seems like my progression was halted for ~4 days as soon I finished the last big task?

Nah man don’t do that just chill and fish. Visit some goons. Sell high and support the bubble in the turnip economy.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

aw poo poo i did not even consider that i would not be able to redeem nook miles for tickets while resident services is closed, welp

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

LazyDivey posted:

Thanks for the insight. I guess I will be waiting for stock and get the whole console.

If you’re American try Costco or Sam’s Club you’ve got a membership. I bought my switch at my central CA Sam’s Saturday and they had at least a a half dozen switches left after I bought mine. Everywhere else I had checked was sold out. I guess people just don’t think of those places for video games.

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

RealFoxy posted:

He's in my town too and he found some very 70's shades that he wears all night and now has a bunch of exercise equipment in his yard

What a guy. :allears: He just spends all day and night sweeping my plaza, and sometimes he stands off to the side doing biceps curls.

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

aw poo poo i did not even consider that i would not be able to redeem nook miles for tickets while resident services is closed, welp

One of my Nook Miles goals for today is to redeem 500 Nook Miles. They're just taunting me, now. :argh:

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Leaving my town open for a bit while I get some stuff done. Turnip prices are only 152, but Nooks shop has a skull wallpaper and my town tends to get a lot of peacock butterflies + some orchid mantises if anyone is looking for those.

Have most of the fruit, feel free to take any if you can find a tree with it. Please leave some peaches if you can, so I can finish my collection.

Dodo: HFM51

jackhunter64
Aug 28, 2008

Keep it up son, take a look at what you could have won

https://twitter.com/dasharez0ne/status/1242803863448666115?s=21

good poo poo, admin

LifeLynx
Feb 27, 2001

Dang so this is like looking over his shoulder in real-time
Grimey Drawer
If there was one quality of life improvement I'd make to this game, it would be a separate tool pocket. I don't care if it meant reduced pocket storage, I just don't like looking at my inventory and seeing the tools there. At least a tab system like the house storage or crafting option.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity
So I just got my first three residents moving in, one has already moved in, the other two are supposedly en route, I've gifted them all their greedy stuff.

But I have noticed that potential residents have stopped appearing in the nook miles islands. Do they only appear until you have three and then you have to get residents some other way?

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

Closed!

TyrsHTML fucked around with this message at 15:36 on Mar 25, 2020

Sarthek
Dec 30, 2002

ZarathustraFollower posted:

Leaving my town open for a bit while I get some stuff done. Turnip prices are only 152, but Nooks shop has a skull wallpaper and my town tends to get a lot of peacock butterflies + some orchid mantises if anyone is looking for those.

Have most of the fruit, feel free to take any if you can find a tree with it. Please leave some peaches if you can, so I can finish my collection.

Dodo: HFM51

Oranges! That’s my card finished.

I’ve left some peaches near the town notice board, assuming someone else doesn’t take them.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

Guilty posted:

So I just got my first three residents moving in, one has already moved in, the other two are supposedly en route, I've gifted them all their greedy stuff.

But I have noticed that potential residents have stopped appearing in the nook miles islands. Do they only appear until you have three and then you have to get residents some other way?

correct

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

LifeLynx posted:

If there was one quality of life improvement I'd make to this game, it would be a separate tool pocket. I don't care if it meant reduced pocket storage, I just don't like looking at my inventory and seeing the tools there. At least a tab system like the house storage or crafting option.

:yeah:

Ogmius815
Aug 25, 2005
centrism is a hell of a drug

I was thinking of buying this game but I'm a little worried about the weirdly low metacritic user score. Is this game actually bad?

a7m2
Jul 9, 2012

Ogmius815 posted:

I was thinking of buying this game but I'm a little worried about the weirdly low metacritic user score. Is this game actually bad?

You're asking in the wrong thread but let me say if you liked Animal Crossing before you will guaranteed love it. If not you'll probably still love it

Illithid Activity
Sep 5, 2015

Has anyone gotten to the point where you can invite villagers to your camp via amiibo? I've got a problem.

I've tried inviting a certain villager to live in my town twice now while visiting them at campsite and they refuse to come. They refuse by saying, "I may need one more trip to make up my mind" or something along those lines. However, before my second rejection, the villager actually said something like: "I'm not trying to drop hints or anything, but if an invitation to move here came my way I wouldn't say no" and then they still said no. (Brutal!) There's a plot of land available (via infrastructure and Tom Nook). This little turkey keeps asking me to build them stuff and I give it to them. Am I doing something wrong?

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
Dodo code 0XJ6N turnips at 415

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

You won't be able to get new villagers on islands until you compete the campsite quest heads up.

Nook apparently sells you property for 10k and when you set that up you'll go island hunting to fill the property up.

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Ogmius815 posted:

The game is amazing, however the metacritic score is low because people are apparently giving it zeros over one (legitimate, imo) complaint.

They limited the game to one island per Switch. Not per cart or copy of the game, per actual console. So if you want to play with another person on one console but each have your own island, it's not possible. The only way is to buy another switch. Some people have chalked this up to greed or malice. I assume there's some "good" reason they had for doing it this way (probably the console isn't able to differentiate between "copies" of games because everything is stored locally), but it's still a bummer to have it work this way.

That's the reason the MC score is a 6 or whatever right now.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

This makes me so happy as it was likely the thing I liked least about this series.

So does anyone think Nintendo will push out DLC for this down the road, or nah?

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines

Ogmius815 posted:

It's been review bombed for some reason that I don't care to look at

queeb
Jun 10, 2004

m

and the downside to that is whoever is the 2nd or 3rd or whatever player on your switch, they cant contribute to main quests and stuff it seems like, theyre kinda stuck waiting for whoever was the first person to push things along

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
If you are playing alone on a console or are up for sharing your island's resources with a SO or a child, the way it's set up now is exactly how you'd expect.

Just be prepared for your 7 year old to announce she dug up fossils and sold them (to the drop box, in broad daylight) because she "needed money to buy the potty for her house."

Haha.

YggiDee
Sep 12, 2007

WASP CREW
Bathers took a whole day to build a museum and as punishment I'm giving him all the bugs I found first and asking him to explain all of them.

LizzieBorden
Dec 6, 2009

She's hackin' and wackin' and smackin'
She just hacks, wacks, chopping that meat

It's raining on my island if anyone wants to try their luck at a coelocanth.
Code is KH0TJ

doingitwrong
Jul 27, 2013

Ogmius815 posted:

Here is my day 3 review: I have bounced off previous Animal Crossings but now I am in quarantine. I start and end my day by designing dresses. It is soothing and satisfying. A+++

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I don't think Goose is coping well with island life. He hasn't left his house in three days, just stands at his workbench hammering away. Can animals have depression? He keeps giving me recipes though which is nice

JesustheDarkLord
May 22, 2006

#VolsDeep
Lipstick Apathy
New dodo code for 415 turnips. Please join discord to get the code.

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry
Odd request but I don't suppose anyone has a good looking AFK design that I could throw up on an easel when I want to open up my island but can't manage to run around on it?

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
how exactly do the house plots work? do you need to put stuff inside AND outside to satisfy the requirement? these muhfuckers ain't building

Solanumai
Mar 26, 2006

It's shrine maiden, not shrine maid!

Argue posted:

It's been review bombed for some reason that I don't care to look at

It's because of the one island per console limitation.

Lube Enthusiast
May 26, 2016

I’d like to do some clothes shopping if anyone’s got their gate open + mabel visiting :blush:

sonetlumiere
Oct 25, 2007

Illithid Activity posted:

Has anyone gotten to the point where you can invite villagers to your camp via amiibo? I've got a problem.

I've tried inviting a certain villager to live in my town twice now while visiting them at campsite and they refuse to come. They refuse by saying, "I may need one more trip to make up my mind" or something along those lines. However, before my second rejection, the villager actually said something like: "I'm not trying to drop hints or anything, but if an invitation to move here came my way I wouldn't say no" and then they still said no. (Brutal!) There's a plot of land available (via infrastructure and Tom Nook). This little turkey keeps asking me to build them stuff and I give it to them. Am I doing something wrong?

I had to invite Hopper to my campsite three times before he agreed to move. I don't know if that number varies by villager or town rank, but just keep inviting them and they should be willing to move eventually.

GruntyThrst
Oct 9, 2007

*clang*

indigi posted:

how exactly do the house plots work? do you need to put stuff inside AND outside to satisfy the requirement? these muhfuckers ain't building

The inside items need to go into the box, and the outside items need to be physically placed in the world, touching the outside edge of the plot.

Also, I've got turnips selling for 516 in the Discord. Make sure you react to the pin in the Rules channel to join the Turnip club.

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Handsome Ralph posted:

This makes me so happy as it was likely the thing I liked least about this series.

So does anyone think Nintendo will push out DLC for this down the road, or nah?

quote:

Sword and Shield launch period:
2 mil copies in Japan in their first 3 days combined
~2 mil copies in the US in the opening weekend

Almost certainly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Ogmius815 posted:

The score is from dumb people review bombing, though I actually understand their frustration; the first islander gets extra perks and duties, which makes no sense, especially considering some of the wording used in the game.

For example, I'm my island's first visitor, and my wife also plays. I'm the one that has to build the bridge, build the houses for the new villagers, and a few other things I can't remember. The signs and dialogue surrounding these things seem to mention villagers/residents helping out, plural, but there is currently no way for any other resident or villager to directly do anything or even check on the progress of things. The only thing other players can do is gather materials and just give them to the primary resident.

It's a baffling design decision and is so very Nintendo. It reminds me of the issue of online multiplayer with friends in Mario Maker 2, and therefore I hope a patch fixes it sooner than later.

I also hope that, once the residential services building is done, there will be no more aspects locking out other players going forward.