Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

it is both a monkey and a boombox

Stux posted:

going to leave my island open for a bit while im afk doing other stuff. ive got peaches, oranges and cherries on trees today, peaches are native so take as many as you want/grab some from the store but dont gobble up all the oranges and cherries incase someone else needs some. turnip price is like 140 i think? nothing special.

KNYDL

Thanks Stux, grabbed some peaches. Just need apples and...one more I think?

You have a very nice island!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another
Exhaustive research has led me to believe that stringfish are bullshit, and not real

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

getting mad at the sturgeon

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Cicadalek posted:

Exhaustive research has led me to believe that stringfish are bullshit, and not real

Funny, I've concluded the same thing about Sturgeons

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!

Breadallelogram posted:

getting mad at the sturgeon

This guy knows what's up

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Cicadalek posted:

If it helps, they're not real right now for anywhere in the US. They're from 4PM - 9AM

You could be based elsewhere though, but even then, still bullshit.

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

Xanderkish posted:

This guy knows what's up

the mouth of the river is buried in fish food and I still have no sturgeon to show for it

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Elective sturgery is cancelled, sorry

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?
where/when do you catch Sturgeon ?

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things

indigi posted:

where/when do you catch Sturgeon ?

Mouth of the river, they're huge.

Where the rivers and ocean meet there's a whole bunch of rocks. They can spawn anywhere in that zone.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
Are there really Nook Miles islands that spawn more rare fish? Not ones that spawn specific sizes only, I mean ones that actively change the fish table.

Clocks
Oct 2, 2007

Today one of my double nook mile rewards is to catch a stringfish lol.

Yesterday I had a bunch of goons over to bug Saharah! I got a few cool messages:

It's a shame that arriving/leaving interrupts EVERYTHING because it's harder to leave messages if you're being told to hurry up and close the window.

Anchovy moved in yesterday and is out and about today. He has a dirt floor and naruto runs. Worse than that, he's now infected my jock and preppy villagers who are naruto running as well. Haven't seen my gorilla naruto run but that'll be just the thing. THAT SAID...
https://twitter.com/clocksprocket/status/1242874653283999744
He ran up to me and had a present to give me, and it's a badass-looking purple shell arch, so he's all right. He said he made it on his last island so there's probably a DIY recipe for it somewhere and it's probably customizable, I didn't check.

Today resident services is upgrading and I have no special villagers so I guess it's one of those "don't do much on AC" days.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

I got like 4 sturgeon on a random island from just passively fishing. Big shadows just sorta kept turning up in the rivermouth. Apologies to the sturgon-less.

I was trying to acquire the stringfish through the same method but I don't know if it's just a quirk of fish spawn mechanics but it was nearly impossible to get fish to spawn in the upper area without using bait. Like I ran back and forth scaring fish from the lower stream, trying to only get the upper stream out of view and nothing seemed to work to get fish to spawn on the clifftop.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

stev posted:

You cheated not only the game clock, but yourself. You didn't grow your trees. You didn't improve your museum. You took a shortcut and gained millions of bells. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and millions of bells were gained. It's sad that Nook doesn't know the difference.

lmao

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Huh, just noticed that as a side quirk of how Photopia pulls from the catalog, all of the stuff that's in Harv's house to start with apparently gets added to the catalog automatically. Neat.

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

I have 100+ bait sitting in storage right now waiting for this evening. The sturgeon WILL be mine.

I'm making a vision board.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

stev posted:

You cheated not only the game clock, but yourself. You didn't grow your trees. You didn't improve your museum. You took a shortcut and gained millions of bells. You experienced a hollow victory. Nothing was risked and millions of bells were gained. It's sad that Nook doesn't know the difference.

this is true...

Zore posted:

Mouth of the river, they're huge.

Where the rivers and ocean meet there's a whole bunch of rocks. They can spawn anywhere in that zone.

thank you Zore

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Keep forgetting I owe a debt of thanks to The Silver Snail. When my wife visited your island we got not only a grape hat but also cherries, a goldfish, a bug we’d not got, and a stringfish. We also left you a big pile of peaches but someone who wasn’t you swiped them and ran off!

Edit: also a camel visited us today and now our floor is clouds.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Sanford posted:

Keep forgetting I owe a debt of thanks to The Silver Snail. When my wife visited your island we got not only a grape hat but also cherries, a goldfish, a bug we’d not got, and a stringfish. We also left you a big pile of peaches but someone who wasn’t you swiped them and ran off!

If you wanna slide me that Dodo code so I can visit and buy all her stuff, that'd be greaaaaaat

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I have so many plans for my island but they require me to terraform and I'm not going to skip for that, so for now I'm just salivating at being able to start. I ordered some random furniture I saw and I'm eager to continue sprucing up my island.

I feel bad because in this game I just want the trees to (mostly) gently caress off andgive me more space for yard work and scenery building lol. I have spilled so much tree blood to get things to look right

my buddy Superfly
Feb 28, 2011

Sorry Blathers all I have is bugs.

https://twitter.com/rainbowfission/status/1242886579510743042

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

The worst part is most people are giving him these creepy-crawlies during the day when he's trying to get some sleep.

You just know he's having nightmares after you leave :smith:

Speed Crazy
Nov 7, 2011
Hell yeah the lazy Bruce Lee panda moved in as my random 3rd villager, and Gulliver sent me Stonehenge.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I haven't actually looked at the museum exhibits yet. I'm saving it for a special treat :)

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Speed Crazy posted:

Hell yeah the lazy Bruce Lee panda moved in as my random 3rd villager, and Gulliver sent me Stonehenge.
like... a model of stonehenge?

no

literally the entire stonehenge

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009
Egbert moved in and I hated the way he looks but he's so goddam weird he's already my favourite villager by far.

Zore
Sep 21, 2010
willfully illiterate, aggressively miserable sourpuss whose sole raison d’etre is to put other people down for liking the wrong things
The museum upgrades a bit as you add donations so keep that in mind if you want to see it in all the stages of construction.

spoilers

Like once you donate at least 2 deep sea fish the little construction area near the display becomes an underwater submarine figure, once you donate enough river fish the background upgrades to look like rocks instead of sterile walls, fish start appearing in the bug exhibit once donated, an embalmed Tarantula and Squid appear in the fossil section etc

Oibignose
Jun 30, 2007

tasty yellow beef
My Daughter has run out of clay, can anyone help her out? 6XP1Q

PantsBandit
Oct 26, 2007

indigi posted:

I haven't actually looked at the museum exhibits yet. I'm saving it for a special treat :)

The museum is incredible but suffers from the loading times. Trying to view your entire museum is pretty arduous.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!
ok im closing up now thanks for the gifts and stuff! hope everyone had fun

Stux
Nov 17, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 9 days!

PantsBandit posted:

Thanks Stux, grabbed some peaches. Just need apples and...one more I think?

You have a very nice island!

thank you! i really cant wait to get paths lol

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Pretty disappointed the house in this game is smaller than New Leaf. Why give us so much customization but then make the house smaller? The rooms feel so cramped when you place larger stuff.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Oibignose posted:

My Daughter has run out of clay, can anyone help her out? 6XP1Q

I can come drop some off

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

I got some black tulips from a Nook island and I'm basically drowning in peacock butterflies

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Stux posted:

thank you! i really cant wait to get paths lol
Give in and draw really bad path custom designs and plaster them all over the place, like me

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
So do you just decorate your house by gathering materials in this game or is there more to it?

Trying to decide if I want to stick with this. The making my house nicer part isn’t enough an incentive to forage for materials.

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

:lol: what the heck, I shoot a balloon down, it lands on the angled ledge between beach and grass and it just disappeared. :negative:

Amorphous Abode
Apr 2, 2010

We may have finally found unobtainium but I will never find eywa.

theblackw0lf posted:

So do you just decorate your house by gathering materials in this game or is there more to it?

Trying to decide if I want to stick with this. The making my house nicer part isn’t enough an incentive to forage for materials.

In this game you can decorate the outside of your house as well!

Sanford posted:

Your welcome, but also I'm gonna need that stringfish back asap!

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

Casu Marzu posted:

:lol: what the heck, I shoot a balloon down, it lands on the angled ledge between beach and grass and it just disappeared. :negative:

Now That's What I Call Owned

e: how come sometimes my flowers disappear and they turn into buds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum
I feel like I'm doing okay with my villager spread so far.

I started with Canberra and Coach.

Coach is a really friendly jock who donated 5 iron to me for the Nook's Cranny build that he was going to use for lifting weights otherwise. :kimchi: I gave him a tiger beetle and he was super stoked.

Canberra is a semi-neurotic sisterly type who makes comments that make me think that she's worried about being locked in on the same small island with the same 10 or so people all her life. I gave her a tiger beetle and she freaked out a little bit when she saw it (like Blathers) but played it off cool and gave me a plain white sweatshirt in a "surprise gift exchange" that she complimented me on when I tried it on.

Pango is a turquoise pangolin and she's super spunky and cute. Looking forward to adding her look to the roster.

Nana is a 'normal' pink monkey. She seems nice but perhaps a little flustered to have just moved in. I checked on her a second time after 10 hours on her first day and she'd barely unpacked...

Barold is a lazy piece of poo poo and I cannot wait for him to join my island to make visitors uncomfortable.