Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

T-man
Aug 22, 2010

Talk shit, get bzzzt.

Taintrunner posted:

hey that’s me!

kill your relatives and buy gold

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

Look at this idiot who still uses Fark in tyool 2020, I say on the something awful dot com forums

Better'n using the Twitter.

JainDoh
Nov 5, 2002

Wikipedia posted:

In finance, a dead cat bounce is a small, brief recovery in the price of a declining stock.[1] Derived from the idea that "even a dead cat will bounce if it falls from a great height",[2] the phrase, which originated on Wall Street, is also popularly applied to any case where a subject experiences a brief resurgence during or following a severe decline.

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/nytimes/status/1242539212626440195

ContinuityNewTimes
Dec 30, 2010

Я выдуман напрочь

Wecrashed is a good podcast

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/noamscheiber/status/1242618624541671430

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

If only you guys weren't contractors by your own choice we could help you, but sorry guys there's nothing we can do!!!

Orange Devil
Oct 1, 2010

Wullie's reign cannae smother the flames o' equality!

Forceholy posted:

I've seen video on Twitter that Didi drivers (Chinese Uber) are taping plastic sheets on their seats to seperated themselves from clients.

Clearly these innovators are now disrupting Didi. Disrupters within disrupters, we're going to reach a disruption singularity soon.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

My ex spouse works at a local Amazon warehouse. The cops came by to shut them down in compliance with the governor's order and the bosses trotted out a note from corporate calling them "essential."

That warehouse only stocks and ships apparel.

Arms_Akimbo
Sep 29, 2006

It's so damn...literal.

Continuity RCP posted:

Wecrashed is a good podcast

Thanks!

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

:yeshaha:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!

Heard this one was probably fake.

voiceless anal fricative
May 6, 2007

So the scunbag property management company in NZ (the guys behind these ads) have been sending threatening letters to tenants saying they'll be evicted if they fall more than 14 days behind on rent. Fortunately we have a humane government in NZ

(this is our Minister for Justice and Minister for Housing, respectively)

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

How about some actual capitalism.png not this happy stuff

other people
Jun 27, 2004
Associate Christ
it would have been more but 100 users is the zoom free tier limit.

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/Eater/status/1242926479228485632
Hahahahahahahaha How The gently caress Is paying rent Real Hahahaha Just Walk Away From The landlord Like Close Your Eyes Haha

Koishi Komeiji
Mar 30, 2003

https://twitter.com/adage/status/1241402959038230530

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/tomgara/status/1242117756423753730

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

McDonalds lobbied *hard* to stop casual workers getting sick pay.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

Shell -> She'll -> She ' ll

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shame Boy posted:

Shell -> She'll -> She ' ll

'S hell

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

S. HELL
S. HEIL
SIEG HEIL

Okuteru
Nov 10, 2007

Choose this life you're on your own

haha, remember when they flipped their logo upside down for international women's day?

Wrex Ruckus
Aug 24, 2015

the whole past week has been very capitalism.avi

Zamujasa
Oct 27, 2010

Bread Liar

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Mine posted something like that on their Facebook so I posted a picture of my exposed wires asking if those counted as essential. I've been talking to the office since the beginning of February about them and it's been "something we need to talk to the project manager about" the very next day they had the electricians out to fix them.

Hurt Whitey Maybe
Jun 26, 2008

I mean maybe not. Or maybe. Definitely don't kill anyone.

hard working police, firefighters, doctors, grocery workers and building management

cheer for the landlord

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

lancemantis posted:

what if, get this, you just skipped the middleman who is definitely going to siphon it off and gave money directly to people

Need the middleman to keep us in our place

Mechafunkzilla
Sep 11, 2006

If you want a vision of the future...

Hurt Whitey Maybe posted:

hard working police, firefighters, doctors, grocery workers and building management

cheer for the landlord

Building management personnel means supers, maintenance workers, doormen etc.

Marenghi
Oct 16, 2008

Don't trust the liberals,
they will betray you
Does it. Where I am building management personal almost always relates to the board who collect the fees.

The maintenance workers are always contractors hired in for maintenance as needed. The management wouldn't waste money keeping people employed year round.

Door staff are provided by agencies and are replaceable.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

My gracious and caring rental management corporation sent out an email today saying that they understand all the hardships and if you can provide proof that you were laid off or fired after a certain date then they'll work with you to provide a payment plan to help, thank god

Doggles
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/revrrlewis/status/1243162967555870721

Pomp
Apr 3, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

Shame Boy posted:

My gracious and caring rental management corporation sent out an email today saying that they understand all the hardships and if you can provide proof that you were laid off or fired after a certain date then they'll work with you to provide a payment plan to help, thank god

leave an anonymous payment in the office (a huge poo poo)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Pomp posted:

leave an anonymous payment in the office (a huge poo poo)

If they're like my apartment, they closed up the office last week, never to return in person.

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

The Fox News dimension continues to drift farther and farther from reality every day and it's goddamn baffling. A coworker linked some bullshit fox news article about vitamin D fixing coronavirus or something so I spent like 10 minutes looking at the opinion section while avoiding doing work and goddamn, it's even crazier than usual.

Also just to make y'all angry, here's Tucker Carlson getting very close to correct:

quote:

And the first of those is a global depression. Already you're hearing Twitter pundits scold anyone who worries about the country's economic health as if that were the same as carrying water for Wall Street. Lives are worth more than share prices, they scream and of course, they're right. Lives are worth more than share prices.

But it is not really about share price. The finance moguls are going to be fine, no matter what happens to the economy. Not much will likely change for poor people, either -- they will remain poor.

But the middle class? The middle class could be wiped out by what we're watching right now. The service industry, middle management, small business, independent contractors -- people like those who make this country work and more importantly, they keep it stable. And they are the ones in deepest peril. A lasting hit to the middle class would be a catastrophe for everyone, rich or poor.

You don't want to live in an impoverished country with a thin layer of rich people at the top. That's a recipe for suffering and for never-ending political volatility. It's the story of much of the world, so we know that for certain.

And suddenly for the first time ever, it's a possibility here and our first priority has to be preventing that, or our grandchildren will regret it deeply.

You're right Tucker, we don't want to live in an impoverished country with a thin layer of rich people at the top :thunk:

But no, of course the conclusion he draws is:

quote:

It's entirely possible that we can wake up a few years now and find China in charge. Do you remember the revulsion you felt -- the gut-level revulsion you felt -- as you watched NBA stars sucking up to the Chinese politburo? That could be all of us.

Haha yeah remember that gut revulsion you felt when WWE stars sucked the Saudi prince's dick over and over again uhh, NBA stars said nice things about China?

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Shame Boy posted:

My property manager sent us all a letter that started out nice and ended with so if you lose your job, here's a link to apply for unemployment, btw your rent is still due

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Shame Boy posted:

The Fox News dimension continues to drift farther and farther from reality every day and it's goddamn baffling. A coworker linked some bullshit fox news article about vitamin D fixing coronavirus or something so I spent like 10 minutes looking at the opinion section while avoiding doing work and goddamn, it's even crazier than usual.

lol taking too much vitamin d can destroy your kidneys and kill you

it's a fat-soluble vitamin, which is p different from the water-soluble ones people regularly take a zillion percent of and then just piss right out

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan
i just found out that all the teacher's at my kids daycare can't get unemployment because the school is a non-profit religious organization and is thus exempt

god our laws are loving stupid

Ruffian Price
Sep 17, 2016

Religious groups being exempt from helping people seems pretty on brand

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

lol taking too much vitamin d can destroy your kidneys and kill you

it's a fat-soluble vitamin, which is p different from the water-soluble ones people regularly take a zillion percent of and then just piss right out

looks like you need to take like 100 times the recommended dose for months to get that though

i assume lots of people still do it of course