Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
On the shoulders of horny giants...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

How Wonderful! posted:

On the shoulders of horny giants...

Don't dox my fetish blog like that.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

"I had everybody wanting to bang Storm first," Chris grumbled, signing another copy of God Loves, Man Kills.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
From what I saw at C2E2 he was signing tons of 266 (1st gambit). Seemed like everyone in line had a 266 they wanted signed.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gologle posted:

Claremont looks so sad. Why sad Clare?

Have you HEARD his take on what X-Men became after he left? Because man, he was vocal about it.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition
I got a kick out of that live episode of "Jay & Miles" Claremont was on, where he really hated teenage Jean Grey's new outfit to the point where he kept bringing it up unprompted.

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!
To be fair, everything about the teen X-men plot was stupid and bad. I'm just glad they're finally gone.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

galagazombie posted:

To be fair, everything about the teen X-men plot was stupid and bad. I'm just glad they're finally gone.

:emptyquote:

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

galagazombie posted:

The Teen Jean solo series was good, but that's about the only thing from that era I have any fondness for.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

howe_sam posted:

The Teen Jean solo series was good, but that's about the only thing from that era I have any fondness for.

Teen Scott was good in Champions and they even played a little with Scott/Kamala but obviously nothing came of it.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

"Do you want to talk to a spider, Peter?"

And Rucka wrote that teen Cyclops mini.

Seemlar
Jun 18, 2002
Teenage Jean was the only interesting thing to come out of the character in years, she promptly returned to being a complete bore when they swapped back to adult Jean

And Claremont's wrong, that costume was good.

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

Seemlar posted:

Teenage Jean was the only interesting thing to come out of the character in years, she promptly returned to being a complete bore when they swapped back to adult Jean

And Claremont's wrong, that costume was good.

Adult jean was great in x-men red

OnimaruXLR
Sep 15, 2007
Lurklurklurklurklurk
has there been any explanation for why Jean is back in the Marvel Girl outfit other than Krakoa is one giant party, so dressing like she's going to a club in the 60s makes sense?

bobkatt013
Oct 8, 2006

You’re telling me Peter Parker is ...... Spider-man!?

OnimaruXLR posted:

has there been any explanation for why Jean is back in the Marvel Girl outfit other than Krakoa is one giant party, so dressing like she's going to a club in the 60s makes sense?

Hickman said that they dress only in old costumes while on the island. Some exceptions happens like new outfits for members of the hellfire club

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Plus it’s the first costume she designed for herself when they were getting away from the matching uniforms, and the one she wore on the moon to distance herself from the Phoenix before she died. It’s a good look.

Her costume in Giant Size was great too. It’s nice to have options.

Sandwolf
Jan 23, 2007

i'll be harpo

what does Jeans outfit even look like these days? Another nondescript X-jumpsuit?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Sandwolf posted:

what does Jeans outfit even look like these days? Another nondescript X-jumpsuit?

Either her Marvel Girl outfit or one that looks like what she had in the 92 cartoon and X-Men Red, but with a green and yellow color scheme, like her Marvel Girl outfit.

I think most of the characters will mostly be using a mix of old costumes.

amigolupus
Aug 25, 2017

Skwirl posted:

I think most of the characters will mostly be using a mix of old costumes.

I'm still waiting for Kitty's terrible costumes to make an appearance.

Synthbuttrange
May 6, 2007

well, thats going to be a problem for awhile.

Old Kentucky Shark
May 25, 2012

If you think you're gonna get sympathy from the shark, well then, you won't.

I did love the first few issues of Marauders referencing her canonical love of gaudy accessorization.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

drat. Five X-Men books tomorrow. Might have to go digital for a couple weeks.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

You ain't got a choice if you want to read new releases.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

https://twitter.com/remender/status/1242543452694306823?s=21

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

Yeah. Michigan is locked down for three weeks. I haven’t been away from my local comic store for longer than a week in eighteen years.

X-Men and Giant Size Nightcrawler look like they’ll be really good.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

bullet dodged

Adder Moray
Nov 18, 2010

amigolupus posted:

I'm still waiting for Kitty's terrible costumes to make an appearance.

Turns out this is why Krakoa is rejecting her. Even it never wants to have to see Sprite again.

How Wonderful!
Jul 18, 2006

I only have excellent ideas
I hate Empath and I hate every scene I've ever read him in. With Daken you can, if you must, at least put enough distance between the story you're writing and the stories where he's a rapist to sweep it under the continuity rug, but that's the entirety of Empath's character. He has gross, invasive powers and writers are just in love with having him use those powers on women in gross, invasive ways. I get that that's the point of his inclusion in this book, in a sense-- certainly it's spelled out clearly enough in the text piece this week-- but I don't like it. I think that the issue of "how do we live with mutants who have done really bad things-- how do we turn over a new life shoulder-to-shoulder with the victims of certain mutants' violence and abuse" is a really important one but on a personal level, yuck. I wish they'd done this whole bit with somebody else, I don't know, godawful Mr. X or something. Proteus comes to mind, too, if we're moving forward with other stuff with Sinister and Apocalypse and Sabertooth is off the table.

And I feel like Wells' Sinister is a pale copy of Hickman's Sinister who is a pale copy of Gillen's (excellent) Sinister. There was stuff in Hellions I liked though-- I like the idea of the anniversary of the Mutant Massacre as a kind of somber holiday, one of those little touches of seeing how Krakoa is solidifying into an actual culture. I liked seeing Nanny and Orphanmaker, characters I had literal nightmares about as a little, little kid stumbling into those weird post-Outback issues of UXM. I'm not sure I love how the premise is framing mental illness but if that was a dealbreaker I wouldn't be posting so much about superhero comics to begin with..

How Wonderful! fucked around with this message at 19:01 on Mar 25, 2020

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

I liked Hellions more than I thought I would, but yeah, there's still some questionable things about it. I don't think Empath will be someone that's redeemed, especially compared to Scalphunter, but some book was probably going to have to bring him up sooner or later. I think Wells has the chops to pull it off.

Though I'm also wondering why they aren't doing more like, psychic intervention with the characters. You have all these powerful telepaths and nobody looks into why Alex acted like that and instead sent him right to judgment. Kind of silly.

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

So just to be clear, Krakoa / The X-Men now control the entirety of the brood? :eyepop:

Parallax
Jan 14, 2006

what have most of the OG Hellions been up to since New Mutants anyway? it didn’t seem like they all liked each other all that much and it’s weird they’re still wearing those old rear end pink school uniforms

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Parallax posted:

what have most of the OG Hellions been up to since New Mutants anyway? it didn’t seem like they all liked each other all that much and it’s weird they’re still wearing those old rear end pink school uniforms

I think they were all dead.

Wanderer
Nov 5, 2006

our every move is the new tradition

Parallax posted:

I think the only one who didn't get killed by Fitzroy immediately after Claremont's departure might have been Empath?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
james proudstar was a hellion, no? he's been in and out of x-force for a long time.

Fritzler
Sep 5, 2007

Parallax posted:

Maybe just having any superhero costume in your identity is cool on Krakoa? Considering the average inhabitant of Krakoa is a non-superhero mutant?

Agreed, Empath is never someone I like seeing in a story. I would much rather see someone who feeds off mutants for this story, like Selene or Emplate. I did like Hellions more than I was expecting, but Sinister did seem over the top as well.

JordanStiva
Jan 14, 2015
Finally caught up with everything from House/Powers and have enjoyed just about everything, especially in a binge read. Fallen Angels was rightly panned but I am finding it pretty funny that, in Hellions, they're taking the po-faced Psylocke from there and completely rejecting that version of Sinister. It's a much more dynamic pairing than the endless, pretentious back and forth that was in that book.

Open Marriage Night
Sep 18, 2009

I think the OG Hellions were stuck together because of the dorm system, and that the resurrected Hellions were put with the surviving ones as part of the coping mechanism explained in New Mutants. Psylocke has an interesting role in this book. She’s working for Sinister because of Fallen Angels, but she’s also working for Cyclops, and may have mentally clued in Havok to that fact.

X-Men/F4 was a lot of fun. A lot of posturing with Magneto, Xavier, Reed, and Doom. Cyclops shows he’s as competent a pilot as Ben Grimm, and that the Blackbird has a helmet for Cyclops that allows him to fire his optic blasts through the jet. Doom-Sentinels look great.

X-Men was so serious that it made the last page so much funnier than it should be. The art on Havok’s powers looked amazing.

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

X-Men/FF showed once again, that Cyclops was right and people should listen to him.

Chinston Wurchill
Jun 27, 2010

It's not that kind of test.

Happy Noodle Boy posted:

So just to be clear, Krakoa / The X-Men now control the entirety of the brood? :eyepop:

I think you'll find that Broo controls the entirety of the brood.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
man, why the heck are they sending wolverine out to hunt the telepath who already took over his mind once? it's the x-men. they've got telepaths.