Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

1. Gog-Agog
2. Gog-Agog
3. Your Pal, Gog-Agog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pyrus Malus
Nov 22, 2007
APPLES
gently caress wrong thread

salvagepost: Juggernaut and White Chain are gonna fight and it's gonna be White Chain fighting a literal wheel and it'll own

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

I wonder how well Gog Agog symbiotes are integrated into society. How many brain worm havers are there? Is it always obvious you're dealing with a gog-head?

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Mr. Lobe posted:

I wonder how well Gog Agog symbiotes are integrated into society. How many brain worm havers are there? Is it always obvious you're dealing with a gog-head?

If the person used to be a depressed introvert and now suddenly they're all happy and bubbly but kind of in an exaggerated, not entirely sincere way? Totally ate the worm.

Paramemetic
Sep 29, 2003

Area 51. You heard of it, right?

Fallen Rib

Magnus Manfist posted:

Yeah this is all with the caveat that power levels are bullshit and even the most powerful demiurge can probably just get stabbed in the back. It's just so unlikely to work that angels, literally defined by unrelenting obsession with enforcing the Law, basically gave up.

Well I mean they kept trying to stab him in the back but he kept turning around when they would start yelling FIERCE HORSE SOUL...

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Magnus Manfist posted:

Metatron's a special case because he knew the true name of God. Getting that off him was the source of Zoss' real power.

Zoss got to heaven on his own, real-deathed ALL the prime angels except Metaton, then crucified Metaton and forcibly extracted the true names from him. THEN he had them and made the key.

To say the key was Zoss' real power is a bit disingenuous

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Zoss' true power were the friends he made along the way.

Pacra
Aug 5, 2004

I want to hear more about murderstar

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Who What Now posted:

Zoss' true power were the friends he made along the way.

And they all loving sucked so he's not seeing them anymore.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747
I guess what I'm saying is that the sanctioned action is to :sever:

Boron_the_Moron
Apr 28, 2013

Pacra posted:

I want to hear more about murderstar

I was re-reading the Battle Royale, and oh boy I forgot about murderstar.

They're the best. :allears:

Demiurge4
Aug 10, 2011

Cat Mattress posted:

If the person used to be a depressed introvert and now suddenly they're all happy and bubbly but kind of in an exaggerated, not entirely sincere way? Totally ate the worm.

Holy poo poo Joseph Smith.

Magnus Manfist
Mar 10, 2013

M_Gargantua posted:

Zoss got to heaven on his own, real-deathed ALL the prime angels except Metaton, then crucified Metaton and forcibly extracted the true names from him. THEN he had them and made the key.

To say the key was Zoss' real power is a bit disingenuous

No that's what I'm saying, Zoss became true Royalty with the names of god. He wrecked the angels and Metatron without that, just by being incredibly hardcore. Metatron had and probably has more power than him, but can't use it. Not unlike Alison having the power but not being able to fully use it, except he's fundamentally incapable of doing so.

jsoh
Mar 24, 2007

O Muhammad, I seek your intercession with my Lord for the return of my eyesight
zoss cut his way into heaven and then imposed his will upon it. he was hella royal before having any names of God on his side

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Royalty is a frame of mind. It just so happens that said frame of mind is extremely conducive to being a violent murder-bastard

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Higgledy-Piggledy Whale Statements

Royalty is somewhere between stoicism, insanity, and CHIM.

I’m pretty sure the Doomslayer is Royalty, or at least approaching it. Not just for the violence, but because he has absolutely no hesitation or qualm in destroying every chance of his own survival in order to see his purpose through, and nonetheless seems to make it out every time. That’s my sense of him, anyways.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
iirc, Zoss "broke the firmament with his dark science" and we've yet to hear anything more than that

M_Gargantua
Oct 16, 2006

STOMP'N ON INTO THE POWERLINES

Exciting Lemon

Magnus Manfist posted:

No that's what I'm saying, Zoss became true Royalty with the names of god. He wrecked the angels and Metatron without that, just by being incredibly hardcore. Metatron had and probably has more power than him, but can't use it. Not unlike Alison having the power but not being able to fully use it, except he's fundamentally incapable of doing so.

If history is any indication obtaining the key was the first step to losing royalty, since after that he tried to do important ruler stuff and failed terribly and then decided to be royal again and gently caress off.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Tetracube posted:

iirc, Zoss "broke the firmament with his dark science" and we've yet to hear anything more than that

I expect it to be of the "any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from science" type, but that's just me

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

Joe Slowboat posted:

I’m pretty sure the Doomslayer is Royalty, or at least approaching it. Not just for the violence, but because he has absolutely no hesitation or qualm in destroying every chance of his own survival in order to see his purpose through, and nonetheless seems to make it out every time. That’s my sense of him, anyways.

Blowing up Mars because you're told you need to reach its center is definitely a Royal move.

YaketySass
Jan 15, 2019

Blind Idiot Dog

Phy posted:

I expect it to be of the "any sufficiently advanced magic is indistinguishable from science" type, but that's just me

Yeah, someone like White Chain wouldn't care about the difference anyway.

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Royalty is a continuous ripping and tearing motion.

Fun Shoe

Joe Slowboat posted:

The Slayer is a sovereign among his adopted people, and all the bullshit legal traps can't change that.

Edit: I got inspired. So help me.

IMJack fucked around with this message at 01:47 on Mar 26, 2020

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

‘Science’ also can just mean ‘knowledge’ - it’s an archaic usage but in the Omniverse I get the sense that the structured naturalistic inquiry we call science has a lot less to do with the more interesting kinds of knowledge than it might in our world.

Patware
Jan 3, 2005

the Doomslayer is as Royal as Zoss for absolute certain

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Joe Slowboat posted:

‘Science’ also can just mean ‘knowledge’ - it’s an archaic usage but in the Omniverse I get the sense that the structured naturalistic inquiry we call science has a lot less to do with the more interesting kinds of knowledge than it might in our world.

mid-14c., "what is known, knowledge (of something) acquired by study; information;" also "assurance of knowledge, certitude, certainty," from Old French science "knowledge, learning, application; corpus of human knowledge" (12c.), from Latin scientia "knowledge, a knowing; expertness," from sciens (genitive scientis) "intelligent, skilled," present participle of scire "to know," probably originally "to separate one thing from another, to distinguish," related to scindere "to cut, divide,"

Babysitter Super Sleuth
Apr 26, 2012

my posts are as bad the Current Releases review of Gone Girl

Tetracube posted:

They actually meant the immortal science of Marxism-Leninism, Zoss redistributed the angels into the void

a computing pun
Jan 1, 2013
well his beard is certainly up to communist revolutionary standards, for one thing

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

Babysitter Super Sleuth posted:

They actually meant the immortal science of Marxism-Leninism, Zoss redistributed the angels into the void

communism is against royalty, fortunately the contradictions only make it more powerful

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

Tetracube posted:

Abaddon originally planned to do a crossover event with Aaron Diaz but that was years ago.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Who What Now posted:

Abaddon originally planned to do a crossover event with Aaron Diaz but that was years ago.
He dodged a bullet by leaving while the shooter was busy sketching out the site to mine metal for bullets to stir up some more funding from his patrons.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

I once met Aaron Diaz in person, when I still cared about that comic, and it sorta sped up my loss of interest, sad to say. I'm immeasurably glad 'kinda artsy webcomics' has more options than 'completely rote transhumanism' in TYOOYISUN 2020.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth
Did he use his mastery of Kung Fu on you?

Kei Technical
Sep 20, 2011

Patware posted:

the Doomslayer is as Royal as Zoss for absolute certain

Cut into anti-heaven and mercked a bunch of anti-angels, yep

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Schwarzwald posted:

mid-14c., "what is known, knowledge (of something) acquired by study; information;" also "assurance of knowledge, certitude, certainty," from Old French science "knowledge, learning, application; corpus of human knowledge" (12c.), from Latin scientia "knowledge, a knowing; expertness," from sciens (genitive scientis) "intelligent, skilled," present participle of scire "to know," probably originally "to separate one thing from another, to distinguish," related to scindere "to cut, divide,"

Science is a continuous cutting motion.

Joe Slowboat
Nov 9, 2016

Update. I think we found the bit we’re expected to hate!

Tuxedo Ted
Apr 24, 2007

Joe Slowboat posted:

Update. I think we found the bit we’re expected to hate!

Of course, the most hateful thing of all: rules lawyering!

Lights
Dec 9, 2007

Lights, the Peacock King, First of His Name.

Tuxedo Ted posted:

Of course, the most hateful thing of all: rules lawyering!

CURSE YOU SALAMI DAAAAAAAAAAAAAVE!

IMJack
Apr 16, 2003

Fun Shoe
Smug fucker, isn't he

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?
https://twitter.com/Orbitaldropkick/status/1242994478560038912

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

IMJack posted:

Smug fucker, isn't he

Nice av.