Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice

cargo cult posted:

It's definitely cool when you're 19 years old and puking into a SEPTA trash can and your temple dorm mates are cheering you on but when you're 30 and you have a mortgage its no longer fun and games, whats up with that????

:wrong:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

huge pile of hamburger
Nov 4, 2009
nvm jake sherman is an idiot

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

2DCAT posted:

Honestly it comes down to what UI you're most comfortable with and what you can do things in quickly without a hassle. There isn't a bad or a good one.

I started with Cakewalk 9 but once VSTs became a think moved to an early Cubase version and stayed with that ever since. For drums, I continue to use Fruity Loops because I couldn't afford an Akai in the 90s and just stuck wtih that since that what I was familiar with and liked. I record analog synths and vocals in Wavelab... Adding even more chaos too everything. My setup is terrible but it works and makes sense for me.

I only say "I hate" because it's not immediately intuitive, get frustrated and say gently caress it before going back to something I can record with, without any undeeded stress

If you were starting over, had no money, and suddenly had a lot of free time. What would you use? I of course am asking for a friend.

e: I, I mean my friend, has no experience outside of Garageband with audio recording. Well, other than a studio where the dude tells me, him, uh whatever, to plug in.

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

we just passed the 1000 dead mark

usa usa usa USA USA USA

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

poisonpill posted:

Bill Ackman owns actually, because he went on CNBC and caused an insane panic saying we need to shut the country down for a month and got important people to actually listen to him, and he actually believed what he was saying about the virus, as shown by his trades. It's the guys who said corona was no big deal and secretly sold all their stocks that we need to prosecute.

the guy spent years betting against MLM like Herbalife and the markets kept on making him a loser. seems alright for a class of ppl that shouldn't exist.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Shageletic posted:

the guy spent years betting against MLM like Herbalife and the markets kept on making him a loser. seems alright for a class of ppl that shouldn't exist.
MLMs in the US are going to be a fascinating study into pre-collapse capitalism.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

lol it's 2020 man, no one can afford a mortgage at 30

yeah why would a bank issue a mortgage instead of just sucking off the Fed money spigot for 0% and buying poo poo outright to put on the asset balance sheet?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

FactsAreUseless posted:

MLMs in the US are going to be a fascinating study into pre-collapse capitalism.

US was founded on basically MLMs and get-rich-quick schemes + a hefty dosing of spite since the very beginning.

a few DRUNK BONERS
Mar 25, 2016

VectorSigma posted:

usa usa usa USA USA USA

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
fingers crossed Trump tweets about the biden rape

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

https://twitter.com/JessforDelaware/status/1243006440656306178

gently caress them up Jess!

juche avocado
Dec 23, 2009

VectorSigma posted:

usa usa usa USA USA USA

do something

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

The Nastier Nate
May 22, 2005

All aboard the corona bus!

HONK! HONK!

Yams Fan

juche avocado posted:

who'd have guessed that rashida tlaib is better at policy than me

https://twitter.com/rohangrey/status/1242905700340248578

Is the government supposed to just eat the $4 activation fee? How will we pay for it??!?

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

hrm

okay, I'm assuming streaming software, but which one are you using?

i pmed you

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

I am all about these birds now

cargo cult
Aug 28, 2008

by Reene

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ScNsBpQ8KIg

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock

bloodborne 2 looking good

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

trump has so far done 34.3% of a 9/11

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
trimop beat 9/11 with his hurricane maria response

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

VectorSigma posted:

https://twitter.com/Mimirocah1/status/1242993907107053574?s=20

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

oh, for sure, but im going by official numbers. if i were going by actual numbers, 9/11 resulted in 2996 dead americans and like a million iraqis and afghans

Bulgakov
Mar 8, 2009

рукописи не горят

Stefan Prodan posted:

man this whole thing has been super rough on my wife who has severe depression and was somewhat managing it with wellbutrin and ketamine but now we're nervous about going in to get her ketamine treatment since the nurse is gonna have to like get up close to several people a day which is way more than the 0 anyone is supposed to be doing right now

she's just been seeing how dumb people have been about this and talkin about how hosed humanity is and how she just doesn't see a point in staying around for any of it and just wants to kill herself and idk all I can do is just be like well I love you and I'm here for you and we're gonna get through this but yeah she doesn't really want to do anything and barely wants to eat so I'm just like trying to support her the best I can and hope she doesn't decide to kill herself cause I dunno what else I can do

i would like to try the ketamine but also

i feel that the throughput of whatever clinic or etc thats happening at is maybe pretty low?? and presumably they're doing their best to maintain a sanitary office ?? if you two feel its helping it sounds a reasonable risk to make that appointment and at least keep going with that therapy to contain one sense of continuity during these times. :)

but im not a professional etc i wish y'all the best during these heavy times... ✊

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Dick Milhous Rock! posted:

hrm

okay, I'm assuming streaming software, but which one are you using?

I can explain it in like 20 min, but i need to sleep soon

VectorSigma
Jan 20, 2004

Transform
and
Freak Out

i hope everyone who passes this isolation and xenophobia test gets to go with the aliens

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Bulgakov posted:

i would like to try the ketamine but also

i feel that the throughput of whatever clinic or etc thats happening at is maybe pretty low?? and presumably they're doing their best to maintain a sanitary office ?? if you two feel its helping it sounds a reasonable risk to make that appointment and at least keep going with that therapy to contain one sense of continuity during these times. :)

but im not a professional etc i wish y'all the best during these heavy times... ✊

yeah i'm just mostly worried about whatever nurse that does her IV being a carrier cause I don't see any way around them coming in close contact

if it were a situation where it was like night and day helped every time we would prob go in but it doesn't always help so it makes the risk/reward thing a bit murkier

Vishass
Feb 1, 2004

VectorSigma posted:

trump has done 250 benghazis

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔

Stefan Prodan posted:

yeah i'm just mostly worried about whatever nurse that does her IV being a carrier cause I don't see any way around them coming in close contact

if it were a situation where it was like night and day helped every time we would prob go in but it doesn't always help so it makes the risk/reward thing a bit murkier

I'm also trying to handle depression during this, this crisis is definitely loving with us mental illness-havers.

I have no idea how the treatment will work but if I were in this position I'd definitely want to talk about methods for mitigating contact. It may seem like there's not much that can be done to avoid close contact, but the doctors/nurses may have a good idea. Best of luck

skaboomizzy
Nov 12, 2003

There is nothing I want to be. There is nothing I want to do.
I don't even have an image of what I want to be. I have nothing. All that exists is zero.
I just a huge impending sense of dread about my parents catching this so I played a couple hours of Slay The Spire and now I'm gonna sleep and try not to think about how if my county/city decides to REALLY do a lockdown for like a month there is nowhere near enough work for us to all do at home for that long

tmpur

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Lazy rear end cats don't care about nothing

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

lol just another feeb entrapment case. they shot the dude when he showed up to pick up a fake bomb they made for him

Squinky v2.0
Nov 16, 2006

Behind you! A three headed monkey!

College Slice
what I’m learning working at home all the time is that the cat is somehow even lazier than scientists previously predicted

petit choux
Feb 24, 2016

Anyway, this is the biggest centipede I've ever found in the United States, no big deal really, about 3 inches. Unearthed it digging in the garden. I'm told at this size their sting is notable.

Mustached Demon
Nov 12, 2016

The Muppets On PCP posted:

lol just another feeb entrapment case. they shot the dude when he showed up to pick up a fake bomb they made for him

Get hosed right wing terrorist

Also acab

Dick Milhous Rock!
Aug 9, 1974

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

:nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon::nixon:

Plinkey posted:

I can explain it in like 20 min, but i need to sleep soon

sorry, had to head sleep as well

I cannot shitpost 24 hours a day like I used to

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

lol they caught his rear end with the ol' "you gotta come pick it up" trick

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

petit choux posted:

Anyway, this is the biggest centipede I've ever found in the United States, no big deal really, about 3 inches. Unearthed it digging in the garden. I'm told at this size their sting is notable.

Dang that's a big boy

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

petit choux posted:

I have a primal desire to smash anything with. more than 4 legs

Casey Finnigan
Apr 30, 2009

Dumb ✔
So goddamn crazy ✔
Yeah if I saw that in my house I wouldn't enter the room it was in for about a month

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

timp