Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oh jay
Oct 15, 2012

It's almost like that scene was deliberately written to make Tokoyami look cool, but with enough caveats as to not ruin the power levels in our punch comic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
maybe Re-Destro has a new robot suit

PringleCreamEgg
Jul 2, 2004

Sleep, rest, do your best.
For a dude who owns a support equipment company you'd think he could have better fake legs.

MonsterEnvy
Feb 4, 2012

Shocked I tell you

PringleCreamEgg posted:

For a dude who owns a support equipment company you'd think he could have better fake legs.

I imagine fake legs are still hard thing to get right. As they were creaking under his size increase. Tokoyami attacks pushed them over the limit.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Jack in!! MegaMan, Execute!

SyntheticPolygon posted:

The liberation front guys are all going to be defeated or captured by the end of the arc and we will be back to our core villain group + Gigantomachia.

Honestly, that's my biggest worry.

Professorjuggalo
Oct 22, 2019

by Cyrano4747
there's no way the status quo isn't going to be shaken up, I'm already having nightmares of you guys smiling over another school festival arc

socialsecurity
Aug 30, 2003

Professorjuggalo posted:

there's no way the status quo isn't going to be shaken up, I'm already having nightmares of you guys smiling over another school festival arc

Why not? I mean this is what Shounen does.

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

Honestly, that's my biggest worry.

Destro just got beat with the gravitas of that large mafia man from the Overhaul arc, except he didn't last near as long. It seems really likely.

I don't particularly care for them but it's funny that despite joining the Liberation Front being what supposedly elevated the VA to a giant threat they haven't really done anything for them besides Sushi parties.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

PringleCreamEgg posted:

I'm now remembering All Might's advice to Deku about not relying too much on support items because if they break down, you'll be left vulnerable.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Professorjuggalo posted:

There will be another school festival arc. It just will be held by the PLA.

"Let's show society what a we can do when we're allowed to use our quirks unregulated!"
"Sir, there's been another death at the maid cafe."

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
MHA and Kimetsu No Yaiba spoilers this week are are just- geez.

Actual Spoilers, actual things happen, just FYI: Hawks barely pulls himself and Twice out of Dabi's flames. Twice escapes to go find the others and Hawks (who is burned and has lost most of his feathers) confronts Dabi. Twice may have died??? The Twice that Hawks pulled free starts to fall apart (or he makes another clone in the pages we don't see???) and turns to goo in Toga's arms after finding her. I'm confused???

Fabricated fucked around with this message at 15:10 on Mar 26, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Fabricated posted:

Actual Spoilers, actual things happen, just FYI: Hawks barely pulls himself and Twice out of Dabi's flames. Twice escapes to go find the others and Hawks (who is burned and has lost most of his feathers) confronts Dabi. Twice may have died??? The Twice that Hawks pulled free starts to fall apart (or he makes another clone in the pages we don't see???) and turns to goo in Toga's arms after finding her. I'm confused???

I swear to God if this real, gently caress Dabi

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Hahahahaha If Dabi loving killed their strongest asset.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
My opinion: It makes no sense that he'd turn to goo or whatever but I bet he's dead. Ujiko made a point to say that he lost the noumu thing he made with Twice's quirk. Twice is too powerful to leave in the equation, he has to go, plotwise. :(

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Fabricated posted:

Dabi, I'm trying to defend you here. Work with me.

Mystic Mongol
Jan 5, 2007

Your life's been thrown in disarray already--I wouldn't want you to feel pressured.

College Slice

Fabricated posted:

My opinion: It makes no sense that he'd turn to goo or whatever but I bet he's dead. Ujiko made a point to say that he lost the noumu thing he made with Twice's quirk. Twice is too powerful to leave in the equation, he has to go, plotwise. :(

The opposite, I think he's too useful to the plot to go. He really shone during the Training Forest arc--Dabi got to strut his stuff and fight a hero, and when he was defeated, goop. We'll see Dabi again later, unfortunately. He gets to continue as an antagonist. Twice lets you skip setting up a backstory for every single fight. And when you try to have fights without backstories, you wind up with the eight precepts, who sucked.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

not gonna lie, out of all the villains Twice had the most redeemable qualities and he finally fixed his trauma so it would be a bummer to see him go

loving Dabi though, potentially killing a comrade

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

What if the Twice Hawks was dealing with was a clone the whole time and the real Twice is somewhere completely different?

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

god drat it I know I called it but I didnt wanna be RIGHT

bare bottom pancakes
Sep 3, 2015

Production: Complete
If Dabi actually killed Twice, I have to suspect he's a mole. No one in a story is that incompetent consistently without something being off.

TheHan
Oct 29, 2011

Grind, you poor fool!
Grind straight for the stars!
Dabi probly figures hell, there’s probly another Twice hanging around somewhere and it’s not like we need the original. He’s awesome. I wish I could be that effective and that incompetent at my job.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

It seems more likely that Twice realized he's in danger and made a clone to send to Toga instead of exposing himself again.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Carlosologist posted:

not gonna lie, out of all the villains Twice had the most redeemable qualities and he finally fixed his trauma so it would be a bummer to see him go

loving Dabi though, potentially killing a comrade

"Hawks can't kill Twice if I kill him myself. :smuggo:" - Dabi

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Dabi continues being the most worthless member of the Legion of Doom.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

The only way this could be funnier is if Hawks somehow convinces the rest of the League that Dabi is the traitor instead of him and keep his cover. "He killed Twice and he's secretly Endeavor's son, how could he not be a spy?"

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

Hawks just murdered Twice in cold blood holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
okay, it's a bit clearer now: The real twice gets knocked off a balcony by Hawks and he presumably dies. One of his clones tells Toga what happened and falls apart.

Kingtheninja
Jul 29, 2004

"You're the best looking guy here."
Good lord, every week I try to avoid spoilers for chapters but I'm so hardwired for a Friday release it's impossible. And now a page full of black bars makes it even worse.

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream

Kingtheninja posted:

Good lord, every week I try to avoid spoilers for chapters but I'm so hardwired for a Friday release it's impossible. And now a page full of black bars makes it even worse.
Sorry about that, this week's stuff is one of those things that can spark a lot of speculation. Also the scans are all really bad quality- so if you avoid spoilers this week's chapter will be way worth seeing officially when it doesn't look like poo poo.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Grouchio posted:

Hawks just murdered Twice in cold blood holy shiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiit

It's time for Toga to become the new Twice. :getin:

Also, I am anticipating a shiiiit ton of Hawks hatred from the fanbase.

Vinylshadow
Mar 20, 2017

Blueberry Pancakes posted:

It's time for Toga to become the new Twice. :getin:

Also, I am anticipating a shiiiit ton of Hawks hatred from the fanbase.

Meanwhile, in the fanbase

TheKingslayer
Sep 3, 2008

:yeshaha:

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
So does anybody know what’s up with the one shot that Horikoshi just dropped? Is there a context for the characters that I should know?

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

thetoughestbean posted:

So does anybody know what’s up with the one shot that Horikoshi just dropped? Is there a context for the characters that I should know?

Is it the tie in he did for the new movie?

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Rhonne posted:

Is it the tie in he did for the new movie?

I don’t know! I didn’t see the movie. It could be!

Fabricated
Apr 9, 2007

Living the Dream
The one-shot was a short story that Japanese viewers got when they went to the movie.

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

drat so this fight is over, right? The Leagues' big hitters got beat by students and now the guy who could have turned the tide is dead.

Rhonne
Feb 13, 2012

Badactura posted:

drat so this fight is over, right? The Leagues' big hitters got beat by students and now the guy who could have turned the tide is dead.

Well they still have Geten the ice dude, who we know is very powerful, Toga could also do some damage depending on who's blood she has on hand to copy(and she'll be out for revenge for Twice), and of course Gigantomachia could wake up at any moment.

Blueberry Pancakes
Aug 18, 2012

Also, Ultra Instinct Shiggy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

I dunno, it really seems like the fight has been very one-sided at this point. I know there's an expectation that there will be a turnaround but we haven't even seen like, Gang Orca or Mount Lady get into the fight, and the League tough guys have not had a good showing against the supposedly weaker students.

Mostly I'm bummed about Twice dying. Poor Twice!