Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Internet Wizard posted:

At least they actually did something about this one

Still though, how much of a broke brain psycho was this guy that this triggers it? It's confounding. I guess maybe the crazy right wing corona deniers will hopefully change their tune when we start having thousands of deaths, but I'm not optimistic.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Internet Wizard
Aug 9, 2009

BANDAIDS DON'T FIX BULLET HOLES

I'm going to assume he was an avid Q follower

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Bored As gently caress posted:

Good. Anyone who comes out and says "its okay if 1-8 million people need to die because NUMBER HAS TO GO UP AND THE ECONOMY IS THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD," seriously needs to die.

I need more context before I feel as comfortable as other people do despising a dead guy. Money/policy nerds debating the question, "At what point is the economy more important than illness related deaths" is a worthwhile conversation since economic woes leads to wars and deaths and so on. If by economy, you mean my 401K, sure, but when economic nerds say economy that includes making food, building shelter, providing electricity and running water, and so on.

Aggressively arguing for a point without a lot of evidence would be morally reprehensible, but not conversing about at what point you can expect civil wars, food shortages, housing crises, and new mass migrations is probably irresponsible.

Bulky Bartokomous
Nov 3, 2006

In Mypos, only the strong survive.

piL posted:

I believe the bird you're referring to is a Mallard, you card.

I cucklol'd

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
We literally as a species have all the loving resources necessary to take care of everyone. We don't because we are idiots.

SimonCat
Aug 12, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
College Slice
https://soundcloud.com/katie-halper/joe-bidens-accuser-finally-tells-her-full-story

A transcript of the Tara Reade interview on Katie Halper's Soundcloud.

Tara Reade posted:

Tara was one of eight women to accuse Joe Biden of some form of inappropriate touching last spring after Nevada politician Lucy Flores alleged that the vice president inappropriately touched her during her run for congress. Tara told journalists that in 1993 when she was a staff assistant to then senator Biden, he put his hands on her shoulders and rubbed his fingers up and down her neck. But Tara says there's more to her story and she considered telling it last spring, but after coming forward and being smeared as a Russian agent and being doxed, she did not. We now know from Ryan Grim at 324 article on The Intercept, Tara did try to come forward once again in January of 2020.

Tara turned to Times Up, the non-profit dedicated to helping women in the post me-too world tell their story. But Times Up, Ryan Grim reports, was concerned such a political story involving a potential presidential candidate could affect their non-profit status. So here Tara finally tells the rest of the story that she hasn't been able to tell in the past. Not surprisingly, there are no witnesses to Tara's story of alleged assault, but Tara's brother and Tara's close friend, both of whom I spoke to recalled Tara telling them about the incident at the time.

Here is an excerpt. I'll be releasing the full interview shortly. And this opens with Tara describing a superior calling her into her office to ask her to do an errand. So she says that she...

Tara Reade: Called me in and said, "I want you to take this to Joe. He wants it. He wants you to bring it. Hurry. And I said, "Okay." And it was a gym bag. She said, you know, take the gym bag. She called it an 'athletic bag'. And you know she said he was down towards the Capitol and he'll meet you. And so I went down, and I was heading down towards there and he was at first talking to someone. I could see him at a distance and they went away and then um we were in like the side. It was like the side area. And um he just said "Hey, come here Tara and then I handed him the thing and he greeted me. He remembered my name. And then we were alone, and it was the strangest thing. There was no like exchange really. He just had me up against the wall. And um I was wearing a skirt. You know a business skirt, but I wasn't wearing stockings. It was kind of a hot day that day, and I was wearing heels. And I remember my legs had been hurting from the marble, you know of the Capitol. And so I remember that kind of stuff. I remember like I was wearing a blouse and he just had me up against the wall, and the wall was cold. And I remember he- it happened all at once. The gym bag - I don't know where it went. I handed it to him and it was gone. And then his hands were on me and underneath my clothes. And um yeah and then he went um.. he went down my skirt and up inside it and he uh penetrated me with his fingers. And um I- uh he was kissing me at the same time, and he was saying something to me. He was saying several things, and I can't remember everything he said. I remember a couple of things. I remember him saying first like as he was doing it, "Do you wanna go somewhere else? And then him saying to me when I pulled away he um got finished doing what he was doing and I kind of was pulled back and he said, "Come on, man. I heard you liked me." And that phrase stayed with me because I kept thinking what I might've said, and I can't remember exactly if he said "I thought" or if "I heard" but it's like he like that I had done this. Like I don't know, and for me it was like everything shattered in that moment, because I knew like we were alone and it was over, right? He wasn't trying to do anything more, but I looked up to him. He was like my father's age. He was this champion of women's rights in my eyes, and I couldn't believe it was happening. It seemed surreal. And I knew I just felt sick because when I pulled back, he looked annoyed and he said um something else to me that I don't want to say. And then he said- I must have looked shocked. And then he grabbed by the shoulders. I don't know how I looked, but I must have looked something, because he grabbed me by the shoulders and he said "You're okay you're fine. You're okay you're fine." And then he walked away and he went on with his day and what I remember next was being in the Russell building like where the big windows are in the stairs by myself, and my body - I was shaking everywhere because it was cold all of the sudden. I don't know - I just felt like I was shaking- just everywhere, and I was trying to grasp what just happened and what I should do or what I should say. But I knew it was bad because he was so angry. Like when he left, I could feel, you know how when you know someone's angry they don't necessarily have to say anything. Like he smiles when he's angry and you can just feel it emanating from him.

Katie Halper: Do you want to share that thing, like you said "I don't wanna say what he said. That thing he said to you."

Tara Reade: Um. Yeah I guess I could.

Katie Halper: I mean you don't have to

Tara Reade: It's okay. It's just um. It's almost like giving a weapon to them.

Katie Halper: How so?

Tara Reade: Well, it's like, I don't want them to know how much it hurt. I don't know. I don't what him to know...

Katie Halper: That like - that you remembered it?

Tara Reade: Yeah just I don't know- But yeah I can say it. Um. Yeah there's something he said that I didn't want to say, and I didn't want to say it because it's the thing that stays in my head over and over like. And um it's the thing that kind of stayed with me over the years. But he said, um. When he had me against the wall after he had done- after I pulled away and he said, "Hey" you know "Come on, I heard you liked me." And I um knew he was angry right after he took his finger. He just like pointed at me and he said "You're nothing to me." And he just looked at me and goes, "You're nothing. Nothing." And then I must've reacted. And I think he only said it twice. But I just heard the word 'nothing'. And I must've reacted because that's when he took me by the shoulders and he said, you know, "You're okay. You're fine. You're okay." But then afterwards like it kept replaying in my head and like last April when all that stuff came out, I got really really sad about it. And the thing that I remember most- almost more than the assault itself, was that I was nothing. And he was right. That's how people treated me. That's how the whole office treated me. And I have no platform. I am no one. And to him I'm nothing. So yeah. Um. So people want to know why women don't come forward, that's a good example why.

Katie Halper: Stand by for the full interview.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

bloops posted:

First off having an illness is debilitating.

Secondly, being around any equipment with a 104 fever is a straight up safety hazard. If flying 8 hours later on two beers is too much a risk, try that poo poo on a fever.

I'd rather fly with the 2 beers guy tbh

Eej
Jun 17, 2007

HEAVYARMS
In good news Bernie's amendment for an extra $600 a week for people on unemployment was forced through despite Republican pushback

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
Do you think those thai kids wish they stay'd in their cave

Porfiriato
Jan 4, 2016

https://twitter.com/JeremyKonyndyk/status/1243011072979804163

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

are we really trusting the china stats

really

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

really

They're about as reliable as the usa ones

golden bubble
Jun 3, 2011

yospos

piL posted:

I need more context before I feel as comfortable as other people do despising a dead guy. Money/policy nerds debating the question, "At what point is the economy more important than illness related deaths" is a worthwhile conversation since economic woes leads to wars and deaths and so on. If by economy, you mean my 401K, sure, but when economic nerds say economy that includes making food, building shelter, providing electricity and running water, and so on.

Aggressively arguing for a point without a lot of evidence would be morally reprehensible, but not conversing about at what point you can expect civil wars, food shortages, housing crises, and new mass migrations is probably irresponsible.

From the blog of the Stigler Center at the University of Chicago Booth School of Business, which is not a heterodox or a marxist place.

https://promarket.org/captured-western-governments-are-failing-the-coronavirus-test/

quote:

When we agree to work in a more dangerous job for a higher salary, we are implicitly trading money for a chance to die. By observing many such tradeoffs economists have been able to estimate that the so-called value of a statistical life in the United States is $14.5 million in current dollars. This value is a measure of people’s willingness to pay for risk reduction and the marginal cost of enhancing safety.

100k deaths is a shitton of money, even in the dismal science. $1,450,000 million, to be precise.

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

really

Even with all the lies, they only have one province that hit the point where hospitals were totally failing and doctors were begging for help. If both Washington and NY hit that point, we've done worse than China.

maffew buildings
Apr 29, 2009

too dumb to be probated; not too dumb to be autobanned
Yeah I read that as less trust China and more holy gently caress the US has botched this SO BAD

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Nostalgia4Butts posted:

really

I dont. They haven't been honest brokers at any point during this. I don't trust ours either. The us stats give an idea, but I don't think the numbers are close. We are only seeing the worst cases.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

SimonCat posted:

https://soundcloud.com/katie-halper/joe-bidens-accuser-finally-tells-her-full-story

A transcript of the Tara Reade interview on Katie Halper's Soundcloud.

My stance on Biden is that I would vote for him if he ended up going far enough to the left (as unlikely as that would be) but this seals it. I will not vote for a rapist.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I'm going to wait for a major news source to pick it up.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bird cooch posted:

I'm going to wait for a major news source to pick it up.

skeleton_sitting_at_computer.jpg

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Does a bear split in the woods near Zheleznogorsk?

Fister Roboto posted:

My stance on Biden is that I would vote for him if he ended up going far enough to the left (as unlikely as that would be) but this seals it. I will not vote for a rapist.

So not voting, then.

4 more years! 4 more years!

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

If the Dems want my vote they should run a non-rapist candidate. I'm not going to vote for a rapist just because he's not Trump.

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

Godholio posted:

So not voting, then.

4 more years! 4 more years!

Fister Roboto posted:

If the Dems want my vote they should run a non-rapist candidate. I'm not going to vote for a rapist just because he's not Trump.

Yeah as far as I'm concerned, they did it to themselves. I won't vote for a rapist.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I'm sorry, but with the state of everything right now, anything flying at any political anything deserves a skeptical eye.

If this is a thing that happened, every bloodthirsty reporter in the world is going to shake the branches. This is Ronan Farrow's bread and butter. If there's something there, it will come out.

Fox will run anything.

I've seen this circling on some wierd parts of Twitter for a while now. The first place is saw it was an anarchist collective Twitter account. So yeah, I'm gonna wait till someone gives it a little bit of a look.

It's a lovely thought but there have been thousands of fake scandals and things that never appeared over the last 4 years.

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

Fister Roboto posted:

Considering you were already waiting for Biden to win you over, I don't think your vote was ever likely to go to him.

And as hosed up as it is, not voting (D) really is handing the election to Trump, another probable rapist and possible pedophile. Unless you live in a state that's already a lock for blue.

Godholio fucked around with this message at 18:01 on Mar 26, 2020

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bird cooch posted:

Fox will run anything.

Why would Fox want to run it?

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

They said she cooked her own cancers for people who crossed her, rococo custom variations that took years to kill you. They said a lot of things about Chrome, none of them at all reassuring.

bird cooch posted:

I'm sorry, but with the state of everything right now, anything flying at any political anything deserves a skeptical eye.

If this is a thing that happened, every bloodthirsty reporter in the world is going to shake the branches. This is Ronan Farrow's bread and butter. If there's something there, it will come out.

Fox will run anything.

I've seen this circling on some wierd parts of Twitter for a while now. The first place is saw it was an anarchist collective Twitter account. So yeah, I'm gonna wait till someone gives it a little bit of a look.

It's a lovely thought but there have been thousands of fake scandals and things that never appeared over the last 4 years.

Keep me posted then, but gently caress Joe in the interim. This is the easiest poo poo for me to believe, with his creepy uncle handsy bullshit everyone in power seems to laugh off.

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

Godholio posted:

Considering you were already waiting for Biden to win you over, I don't think your vote was ever likely to go to him.

Come again for big fudge?

Godholio
Aug 28, 2002

BurningChrome posted:

Come again for big fudge?

I'm not entirely sure what that means, but you posted while I was typing. Wasn't replying to you.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

Godholio posted:

And as hosed up as it is, not voting (D) really is handing the election to Trump, another probable rapist and possible pedophile. Unless you live in a state that's already a lock for blue.

You really ought to stop trying to shame people into voting for a rapist. And no, the other guy being a bigger rapist is not good enough. I'm not voting for the lesser of two rapists.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

Platystemon posted:

Why would Fox want to run it?

What planet do you come from?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

bird cooch posted:

What planet do you come from?

I live on a planet where if they run it now, everyone forgets about it by the weekend.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

They'll definitely run with it, but only after Biden takes the nomination.

Radical 90s Wizard
Aug 5, 2008

~SS-18 burning bright,
Bathe me in your cleansing light~

Milo and POTUS posted:

Do you think those thai kids wish they stay'd in their cave

I wish I'd gone in the cave :smith:

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
So is there any major news source covering this?

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

Godholio posted:

I'm not entirely sure what that means, but you posted while I was typing. Wasn't replying to you.

So why did you quote me and try to shame me into voting for a rapist whose track record (pre rape accusation) the "opposition party" undoubtedly knew about, since time immemorial, and is obv cool with. To the point of sabotaging their own chances of winning an election to prop this dizzy oval office up. Trump must not be that big a deal if you are free, white, and 21 (s/o to Paul Mooney for putting me on).

I'll stick to backing AOC out here, in MY blue state, post primary after casting my vote. I have to worry about burying my mother in the near future, not the far future, because of this pandemic. People are already burying their loved ones and we aren't even remotely done with the poo poo. You want me to support a weak leader, produced by a weak party? Please godholio, tell me what's the difference in that choice? One will kill us all outright, the other will be polite while doing it. The gently caress's the difference.

There is no room for the current Democratic party in our society anymore. Either it changes to reflect the needs of the people or it fails. Hopefully it is taken over and made into something else, something better, but I'm not holding my breath yet. The show ain't over but it looks like they wanna go down with the ship to the country's detriment. So be it is what I gotta say to that. And gently caress your pissant candidate is what I'll say with both my votes. One for bernie, none for biden, and none for trump. This bullshit was the last straw for me, I was down to be pragmatic up until this.

I'll put in some papers at the courthouse and change my name to the whitest sounding bullshit I can think of. Because lol, here we loving go again.

Casimir Radon
Aug 2, 2008

Radical 90s Wizard posted:

I wish I'd gone in the cave :smith:
Same. Except I'd fear Musk trying to stuff me in his whacky expensive child coffin.

ded
Oct 27, 2005

Kooler than Jesus
Considering that the current president has at least 2 well known well paid porn stars he hosed while married, a binder full of women who accuse him of sexual assault, and a no poo poo recording of him saying 'grab them by the pussy'... this biden story ain't poo poo.

BurningChrome
Jan 18, 2020

Godholio posted:

For the record: I woulda voted Biden in the general before today. Gargle my balls Godholio, you ain't about poo poo boy. Quoted incase of further edits.

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007

BurningChrome posted:

So why did you quote me---

Dude what

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

ded posted:

Considering that the current president has at least 2 well known well paid porn stars he hosed while married, a binder full of women who accuse him of sexual assault, and a no poo poo recording of him saying 'grab them by the pussy'... this biden story ain't poo poo.

This is a really lovely excuse. Biden is still a rapist even if the orange man is a bigger one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
Trump and the Republicans have to be destroyed, politically speaking. That's all there is to it.