Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

galagazombie posted:

There was this toy I had as a kid. The toy itself was small, but portrayed some kind of giant tank thats armor split open to reveal something kinda like an aircraft carrier flight-deck. this "deck" then could spring up on little lever things. I think it was colored green camo.

Is it this thing from the Megaforce toyline?

(aside: the entire toyarchive site is extremely web 1.0, like, it still has webring links! In 2020! I'm surprised as poo poo it's still up.)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

galagazombie
Oct 31, 2011

A silly little mouse!

Phy posted:

(aside: the entire toyarchive site is extremely web 1.0, like, it still has webring links! In 2020! I'm surprised as poo poo it's still up.)

Yes it is! I was going crazy because it's just such a weird design that when you try to explain it to anyone you get a blank stare.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

uvar posted:

Looong shot but I've got a earworm I can only remember the rhythm of, and I don't even have a mic to record that. I think it's a rhyme or tongue twister or something? I don't think there's a tune. In syllables it's something like, a fast but constant pace, where double fits two beats into it...

Double double one double one one double
Double double one - double one

Alternate version in case I say those weirdly...
carrot turnip peas lettuce milk pear apple
orange parsnip grape - mango bean

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

It's reminding me of a TV ad jingle were they work the phone number into the song

There was an Australian ad where the last line was "seven seven oh seven oh!" (or similar) which seems to fit the meter but I can't remember which company it was for

I remembered the ad I was thinking about and the meter doesn't quite fit your description after all. :(

It was the MUTHA FUCKIN' ROOF SEAL, Y'ALL
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ro_cusPGuYU

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Phy posted:

Oh poo poo, thanks duder! I was trying to remember the name of this line of toys recently, as I had a metric shitton of them back in the day. I remember visiting that site years ago in Web 1.0 days, further adding to the nostalgia.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here
Just wanted to check in and see if anyone has had any luck finding Old Friends... New Friends. Still looking but I think I've made it as far as my internet detective skills can take me.

Brexit the Frog
Aug 22, 2013

Literally A Person posted:

Just wanted to check in and see if anyone has had any luck finding Old Friends... New Friends. Still looking but I think I've made it as far as my internet detective skills can take me.

a couple of college libraries have single episodes on vhs but my interlibrary loan requests were declined.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Brexit the Frog posted:

a couple of college libraries have single episodes on vhs but my interlibrary loan requests were declined.

Wow. Well thanks for the try. I know these are pretty impossible to get but I figured if there was any group of people who could do it it would be you guys.

Mr. Bones
Jan 2, 2011

ain't no law says a skeleton can't play the blues
Years ago I saw a clip of a South American (I think maybe Colombian?) late night variety show that just straight up stole Snake Eater from Metal Gear Solid 3 and used it as their theme song. This was in the mid/late 2000s and I think it may have seen the clip on Attack of the Show, or maybe it was posted on some gaming blog.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

This is one that's had me forever. In the '90s, I was like eight years old watching TV at my grandma's house when this show came on. It started with a cold opening where these guys were running another guy on a gurney through some factory-looking place. He was tied down and had brown packing tape over his mouth. They stopped him in front of a guy with a welding torch and mask on, who gave him a requisite "you owe the boss a lot of money" speech, then presumably kills the guy with the torch. I saw this like twenty-some years ago, but it's really fresh in my head, and I'll occasionally have a nightmare about it even now. I kind of just want to see it again for some reason.

The show was on network TV (no cable) late at night on the east coast in like 1997 or something, if that helps.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

If anyone was curious about Immortal Defense , mentioned earlier in the thread, it's on sale on steam for $0.99 right now.

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea
this isn't really a white whale thing but I just got my gaming pc going again after 6 months and want to play that game where you're a witch and its a rouguelike thing and like every pixel is simulated and can kill you and stuff. I can't remember the name of it so if anyone does tia

StrixNebulosa
Feb 14, 2012

You cheated not only the game, but yourself.
But most of all, you cheated BABA

Unfinish3d posted:

this isn't really a white whale thing but I just got my gaming pc going again after 6 months and want to play that game where you're a witch and its a rouguelike thing and like every pixel is simulated and can kill you and stuff. I can't remember the name of it so if anyone does tia

Are you talking about Touhou games? They're not roguelikes, but due to their difficulty you have to start them over a lot.

Nemesis Of Moles
Jul 25, 2007

Unfinish3d posted:

Notia

Revins
Nov 2, 2007

tune the FM in to static and pretend that its the sea

That's the one! Thank you

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bpej3a7AhGI
something similar to this but it involved like a house floating in space or some poo poo. from an animation film festival that terrified me in the 1980's as a little tike in ann arbor. i can't put my finger on what the short film was about but it was freaky.

Tendales
Mar 9, 2012

Dolphin posted:

something similar to this but it involved like a house floating in space or some poo poo. from an animation film festival that terrified me in the 1980's as a little tike in ann arbor. i can't put my finger on what the short film was about but it was freaky.

Singles, maybe?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tgue81LVZ4E

OpenSourceBurger
Sep 25, 2019
Real long shot here:

When I was a kid my babysitter had this CD-ROM that was basically this weird Butterfinger BB's sponsored thing. I recall that it was basically set in this city at night and you could click around to different areas for different stuff. The thing I remember most was the movie theater showed clips of MTV Liquid Television stuff like The Head and Beavis and Butthead.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
holy poo poo that's it, how did you find this

e: wait nevermind this is way too recent. it's really similar though

i'm talking like 1989

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Dolphin posted:

Dolphin posted:

holy poo poo that's it, how did you find this

e: wait nevermind this is way too recent. it's really similar though

i'm talking like 1989

This freaky claymation short was made in 1989
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1THMc9g5SaU

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice
I found my "rhyme" and it's too late to pretend I never asked, so here it is. I think the real answer is a combination of the clip below and some other ancient jingle or "fuzzy wuzzy was a bear" kind of thing, but now I've heard the proper song there's no hope of finding whatever else I was thinking of.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MiB4dMwDFtg&t=48s

(I didn't even find it in a cool way, I just eventually remembered more after having "dubba-dubba-dub etc" stuck in my head for ages)

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

I'm looking for the story about a fat American girl who goes to Japan and is generally awful over there, but in the end she meets a grandma and everything turns out well.
It was written by the Japanese chick hosting her.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

This freaky claymation short was made in 1989
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1THMc9g5SaU
aughh!

terrible. again, similar body horror stuff. what the hell is wrong with animators

Poor Outlook
Jan 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747
I watched a sci fi cartoon show as a kid, but I can't think of the name. I remember that the art was similar to batman beyond and it was about an alien invasion of earth. A key plot point was a power glove. I think it aired on fox. Very vague, but maybe it rings a bell for someone.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Dolphin posted:

aughh!

terrible. again, similar body horror stuff. what the hell is wrong with animators

Jan svankmajer owns sorry you are a baby

Teketeketeketeke
Mar 11, 2007

Poor Outlook posted:

I watched a sci fi cartoon show as a kid, but I can't think of the name. I remember that the art was similar to batman beyond and it was about an alien invasion of earth. A key plot point was a power glove. I think it aired on fox. Very vague, but maybe it rings a bell for someone.

When did it air?

Firebelly
Feb 7, 2015

Friend to Children
I had a gray cat toy that had suction cups on the hands and it was supposed to attach to your back window. Lost it in the 90s.

Rockman Reserve
Oct 2, 2007

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

uguu posted:

I'm looking for the story about a fat American girl who goes to Japan and is generally awful over there, but in the end she meets a grandma and everything turns out well.
It was written by the Japanese chick hosting her.

did you already post this here or in another thread recently because otherwise someone else is looking for the same thing recently and may have had more luck

MachineryNoise
Jan 13, 2008

So I shout "Set your life on fire!"

Poor Outlook posted:

That's gotta be Invasion America, a very cool Warner Bros cartoon that got cancelled after one season.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_America

Poor Outlook
Jan 20, 2019

by Cyrano4747

MachineryNoise posted:

That's gotta be Invasion America, a very cool Warner Bros cartoon that got cancelled after one season.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Invasion_America

drat. Thanks. Spielberg really likes invasion plots huh? Weirdly stuck with me enough that I had hosed up dreams as a kid about it.

uvar
Jul 25, 2011

Avoid breathing
radioactive dust.
College Slice

Firebelly posted:

I had a gray cat toy that had suction cups on the hands and it was supposed to attach to your back window. Lost it in the 90s.

Like the Garfield ones?
https://www.mentalfloss.com/article/87936/great-garfield-car-window-toy-craze

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

:siren: DO NOT GOOGLE NERMAL SUCTION CUP IF YOU DON'T WANT FREAKY SEX TOYS FOR MEN IN YOUR BROWSER HISTORY :siren:

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

JacquelineDempsey posted:

:siren: DO NOT GOOGLE NERMAL SUCTION CUP IF YOU DON'T WANT FREAKY SEX TOYS FOR MEN IN YOUR BROWSER HISTORY :siren:

I....I mean....now I kinda gotta see it....

uguu
Mar 9, 2014

food court bailiff posted:

did you already post this here or in another thread recently because otherwise someone else is looking for the same thing recently and may have had more luck

I posted in a vaguely relevant PYF thread, but I got buried under the april fool's discussion :(

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

Solice Kirsk posted:

I....I mean....now I kinda gotta see it....

I googled it and was disappointed. Apart from a somewhat alarming illustration of the mechanicals of the thing, there was nothing that'd shock the average goon in 2020

limaCAT
Dec 22, 2007

il pistone e male
Slippery Tilde

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I googled it and was disappointed. Apart from a somewhat alarming illustration of the mechanicals of the thing, there was nothing that'd shock the average goon in 2020

Post / Username combo

HFCS
Oct 16, 2013
There's an episode of Judge Judy where a woman claims her husband(?) physically abused her, and the man cut in and said, "I'm a strong man. If I hit her, she'd be dead." Judy ended the case right then and there and explained, in so many words, how she'd been a domestic abuse lawyer for years, and that's the single most red flag if there ever was one.

The episode stuck in my mind, because everything this douchebag said was something my abusive father had said when he claimed he never hit my mom. It's the single eye-opening moment for me when I realized he was the bad guy, not her (after she took off and left to save herself).

I've binged every case I could find of Judge Judy, and I've never been able to find this one specific case.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

Yeah, I was disappointed too. Just a one time use fleshlight thing. I've seen sex dolls made with fake bones and buttholes held in place with balloons. My expectations were too high.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Solice Kirsk posted:

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. I've seen sex dolls made with fake bones and buttholes held in place with balloons. I watched novelty condoms glitter in the dark near Mrs Tannhäuser 's taint. All those moments will be lost in time, like tears in rain. Time to die.

Blue Moonlight
Apr 28, 2005
Bitter and Sarcastic

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Do you want Nathen Mazri? Because that’s how you get Nathen Mazri.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normalman
Sep 30, 2008

I didn't tell you I have an obsession with destruction. I've made explosives before for everyday use, I will level city blocks just for the thrill.
Something I've been missing so much, that I've wanted to see it again for all these years, but I can't for the life of me find out anything about it or if it's even up anymore.

Around when the Watchmen movie came out, there was a youtube diatribe by this extremely angry overweight geek about what a travesty the very idea was. Select quotes I remember, most being yelled while finger-waving at his camera...

"That's right, Watchmen is like THE BIBLE. And ALAN MOORE, is JESUS CHRIST HIMSELF!"

"YOU brought this nightmare upon us, you IGNORANT MASSES, you SHEEPLE! You've brought this darkness upon YOURSELVES!"

Etc, etc. I wish I could be more descriptive and I realize it's very likely been deleted at some point over the years, but it really delighted me and I wish I could see it again.