Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I've been seeing people say that they get the full 99k bags roughly half the time, which would on average give you a good profit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

IronicDongz posted:

I've been seeing people say that they get the full 99k bags roughly half the time, which would on average give you a good profit.

So maximum amount one should bury is 33k? That way if it doesn't pay off you only lose 3k. Good to learn this (still haunted by the day I buried 60k :suicide: )

Also, is 4 the maximum amount of fossils your island can produce per day? How can you get more?

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd
important info re: inviting new villagers via camp
-you can invite them and have them agree even before you've set up their plot of land, so there's no chance of getting a random villager
-if you have 10 villagers already, you can choose to evict one.

IronicDongz posted:

burying amounts over 30,000 works. I've seen multiple people get money trees that drop 99,000 bell bags

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bunnynaut/status/1242858752518131713
:eyepop:

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Wait, didn't see this video. Once you bury your money can you move the tree around???

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Okay, if 50-50 is accurate on the risk of burying 99k bells, then your average profit per tree over the long term would be 65k bells, compared to 20k per tree if you play it safe.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

lezard_valeth posted:

Wait, didn't see this video. Once you bury your money can you move the tree around???

Yeah just shovel up the sapling or nursery tree or whatever

Potsticker
Jan 14, 2006

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Yeah, it's because pear is your starting fruit :v:

Mine was a Orange table and clock.

Yeah, i was just saying that at least is what is available for pears. Dunno if there's other parts of the set, but if there are, my eye is looking out for 'em!

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
Thanks so much Lube Enthusiast for helping me recover my great white!

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Blaziken386 posted:

-you can invite them and have them agree even before you've set up their plot of land, so there's no chance of getting a random villager

Wait, by "choosing to evict one" does this mean you get to kick out a specific villager? Instead of just leaving it up to the whims of RNG?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
I don't know anything about pocket camp. Would it take long to reach the point where I can do that?

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!
fuuuuuck i lost my fishing chain at 91

last time it was 90

gently caress this game

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

IronicDongz posted:

I don't know anything about pocket camp. Would it take long to reach the point where I can do that?

I'm 99% sure they mean the in-game campsite. IIRC< Pocket Camp only gives you exclusive items if you link your account

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."
To anyone bummed they may not have had the chance to duplicate items for easy money so they can just fuckin' chill on their private island rather than toiling in indentured servitude to a usurious rodent, the 1.1.1 update doesn't appear to have rolled out evenly, so you may still have 1.1.0 for a little bit (or indefinitely, if you don't do automatic updates, I guess, not sure if there's even a way to turn them off short of disconnecting your Switch from the internet). I went and ground up a good eight million and change for home loans and municipal projects, myself, so Tom Nook can eat my shorts. Looking forward to getting to focus primarily on crafting and customizing and generally furnishing my fully-upgraded house.

Blaziken386
Jun 27, 2013

I'm what the kids call: a big nerd

Araxxor posted:

Wait, by "choosing to evict one" does this mean you get to kick out a specific villager? Instead of just leaving it up to the whims of RNG?
yeah it literally pops up a menu where it asks who you want "to negotiate with" for their slot in town

you can't kick someone out unless you have a full town and you're trying to replace them though, AFAIK

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

It's 2020, we respect Tom Nook

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Blaziken386 posted:

yeah it literally pops up a menu where it asks who you want "to negotiate with" for their slot in town

you can't kick someone out unless you have a full town and you're trying to replace them though, AFAIK

:eyepop: Holy poo poo that is a game changer.

EclecticTastes
Sep 17, 2012

"Most plans are critically flawed by their own logic. A failure at any step will ruin everything after it. That's just basic cause and effect. It's easy for a good plan to fall apart. Therefore, a plan that has no attachment to logic cannot be stopped."

LODGE NORTH posted:

It's 2020, we respect Tom Nook

The grasping vermin conned us out of cushy mayoral positions into a purely ceremonial role that basically translates to "sucker who pays for everything while Tom Nook gets to run the show". You can lick the boot of that late capitalist swindler if you want, but I'm already planning my island's revolution. :ussr:

TheJanitor
Apr 17, 2007
Ask me about being the strongest janitor since Roger Wilco

Blaziken386 posted:

:eyepop:

This reddit post suggests that every other tree you can plant up to 99K and get 3x back. Not verified it yet but if true then what you can do is:
  1. Plant a 11k Money Tree
  2. Plant the rest of the trees in a line next to it
  3. When the first tree matures you can then see the pattern and plant accordingly from then on. If it's 33k then your odd numbered trees are max 99k, if 30k then even numbered trees are max 99k.

Gonna test it now and i guess we'll see in a few days if this works.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

So uh, I'm not sure why but this game seems to have pop in which is really, really unfortunate :smith:

Got a handful of stuff in the mail I wanted to use to decorate with and was amazed at how good it all looked. Then I left and came back and didn't see the items I put down until I got closer and they just popped into existence. That uh, really sucks not going to lie.

Sarthek
Dec 30, 2002

No idea if this is of any use to anyone, but I put this together yesterday afternoon while it was my wife's turn on the game: https://smrvll.com/acnh/acnh-north.html

It should show you what fish and bugs are available right now in your game, based on your system time and date. Note that it only works for the northern hemisphere right now, because that's where our island is. If it's any use to people I'll format the data and do something about the southern hemisphere this evening.

Other things I'd like to add:
• The ability to toggle filters more granularly (i.e. month, time, both, none)
• The ability to set a time manually (i.e. custom filters)
• A marginal amount of beautification

On the other hand, it's my turn on the game now so all that comes later...

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Sarthek posted:

No idea if this is of any use to anyone, but I put this together yesterday afternoon while it was my wife's turn on the game: https://smrvll.com/acnh/acnh-north.html

It should show you what fish and bugs are available right now in your game, based on your system time and date. Note that it only works for the northern hemisphere right now, because that's where our island is. If it's any use to people I'll format the data and do something about the southern hemisphere this evening.

Other things I'd like to add:
• The ability to toggle filters more granularly (i.e. month, time, both, none)
• The ability to set a time manually (i.e. custom filters)
• A marginal amount of beautification

On the other hand, it's my turn on the game now so all that comes later...

i'd recommend adding a 'leaving soon' note on anything that's going away at the end of Current Month, also, just to make that more obvious to people who are trying to figure stuff out

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

What do I do with the glowing holes that you dig bells out of? Is that where I plant bells to make a money tree?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Sanford posted:

What do I do with the glowing holes that you dig bells out of? Is that where I plant bells to make a money tree?

Correct~!

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Good because I planted 30k and then thought "I hope that was right"

Sarthek
Dec 30, 2002

Sea Lily posted:

i'd recommend adding a 'leaving soon' note on anything that's going away at the end of Current Month, also, just to make that more obvious to people who are trying to figure stuff out

I knew there was something I was forgetting.

Hey, anyone know what's in the update it's told me to download this morning?

Relin
Oct 6, 2002

You have been a most worthy adversary, but in every game, there are winners and there are losers. And as you know, in this game, losers get robotizicized!
i heard this game really only has effectively one save slot?

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:

Sanford posted:

Good because I planted 30k and then thought "I hope that was right"

If you find any in future don't bury more than 10,000 because the maximum return you can get is 30,000.

Otherwise good job on the burial.

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Come to rainy rear end Niflheimr! saharah is trapped and idk, fruit?

BCS40

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

hey timmy that weirdo's building a fish castle next to our shop again

Cicadalek
May 8, 2006

Trite, contrived, mediocre, milquetoast, amateurish, infantile, cliche-and-gonorrhea-ridden paean to conformism, eye-fucked me, affront to humanity, war crime, should *literally* be tried for war crimes, talentless fuckfest, pedantic, listless, savagely boring, just one repulsive laugh after another

I'm opening my gates while I go for a walk if anyone wants to buy this luchador figurine/ tamborine. Mabel is in town as well, selling most of the stuff I'm wearing (not the shorts).

Dodo code: 7P7SQ

Northern hemisphere, cherries for sale. Leave me some bait or maybe roses/mums if you feel like it. Don't forget to like and subscribe the bulletin board

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Cicadalek posted:

I'm opening my gates while I go for a walk if anyone wants to buy this luchador figurine/ tamborine. Mabel is in town as well, selling most of the stuff I'm wearing (not the shorts).

Dodo code: 7P7SQ

Northern hemisphere, cherries for sale. Leave me some bait or maybe roses/mums if you feel like it. Don't forget to like and subscribe the bulletin board

Ffufufufuf much want

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i finally have hourly music, thank fuckin christ

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

I like that I finished Cast Master with my eyes closed. Because watching the fish'll mess you up.

Guilty
May 3, 2003
Ask me about how people having a bad reaction to MSG makes them racist, because I've never heard of gluten sensitivity

iTrust posted:

If you find any in future don't bury more than 10,000 because the maximum return you can get is 30,000.

Otherwise good job on the burial.

From last page

IronicDongz posted:

burying amounts over 30,000 works. I've seen multiple people get money trees that drop 99,000 bell bags

https://mobile.twitter.com/Bunnynaut/status/1242858752518131713

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i finally have hourly music, thank fuckin christ

The 8AM song is so loving good.

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:

Guilty posted:

From last page

well drat

Electric Phantasm posted:

It really is

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

EclecticTastes posted:

To anyone bummed they may not have had the chance to duplicate items for easy money so they can just fuckin' chill on their private island rather than toiling in indentured servitude to a usurious rodent, the 1.1.1 update doesn't appear to have rolled out evenly, so you may still have 1.1.0 for a little bit (or indefinitely, if you don't do automatic updates, I guess, not sure if there's even a way to turn them off short of disconnecting your Switch from the internet). I went and ground up a good eight million and change for home loans and municipal projects, myself, so Tom Nook can eat my shorts. Looking forward to getting to focus primarily on crafting and customizing and generally furnishing my fully-upgraded house.

Man, this is too easy to do. Forget about time travel, this is where the real cheating is happening: https://twitter.com/andmoresa/status/1243155329199702016?s=20 (I love how Hornsby just peaces out when he sees what I'm doing.)

I'm only gonna use it for my second and third character, though. It's nice to have a main villager with tangible goals left. The others are just there so I have more rooms to decorate.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Electric Phantasm posted:

it's 5am for me so i got a bit

if it even remotely can stand up to 8am from the original animal crossing i'll be mighty impressed, since that song is legit in my top 10 gaming songs ever

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fYSMZpiF7sA

Amppelix
Aug 6, 2010

I'm pretty proud of this kitchen i've scrounged together from random poo poo i have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer

Hey so what’s the deal with slightly off color trees?

Is it a signal for anything or just an intentional variation to keep things from looking to copy-pasted?