Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

The Alpha Centauri posted:

i stayed at phi gamma delta a lot of weekends and can confirm

but you looked familiar

i worked tech support at west halls in like 2004-6

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rump buttman posted:

you've got big disc golf vibes going

the gently caress does that even mean

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://twitter.com/OhNoSheTwitnt/status/1242990520890261506

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
lol good morning America keeps leaving out the part that the checks are a one time thing

Seems like bad journalism but whatever

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

https://twitter.com/AverageJoeSFM/s...r%3D3027%23pti9

Apr 7, 2003

you should ask for permission before posting pictures of people for this forum to laugh at

rump buttman
Feb 14, 2018

I just wish I had time for one more bowl of chili

Plinkey posted:

the gently caress does that even mean

you look like a drunkard who slept in the park

Apr 7, 2003

Mark Esper is on NPR talking about how he wants to attack Iranian forces in retribution for unspecified "aggression" Cool!

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

rump buttman posted:

you look like a drunkard who slept in the park

valid

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

I'm at work, once again :(

Same. Very bizarre being in teleconference meetings where people are constantly setting dates for projects as "whenever all this blows over" and management is assuming that means sometime next month and are met with awkward silence.

JAY ZERO SUM GAME
Oct 18, 2005

Walter.
I know you know how to do this.
Get up.

Pepe Silvia Browne posted:

Same. Very bizarre being in teleconference meetings where people are constantly setting dates for projects as "whenever all this blows over" and management is assuming that means sometime next month and are met with awkward silence.
I’ve found that the amount of realism brought to a conversation about resuming normal business is directly proportional to how much money is involved.

lots of money??? maybe this project can resume in May?

no money? lol this is happening in the fall

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Management here gets to work from home, so I don't even see them.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

lol someone in a big work group chat asked yesterday

"is there any idea when we will be back working in the building?"

like the manager on the call has some sort of secret inside scoop on when the pandemic is going to wrap itself up

"one, maybe 2 months" was the answer he got lmao

Lawman 0
Aug 17, 2010

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UkXeOMSwdZQ

Louisgod
Sep 25, 2003

Always Watching
Bread Liar
Trhp

punchymcpunch
Oct 14, 2012

Apr 7, 2003

so, uh

I write software that pulls administrative and medical record data on health plan members to put together metrics that boil down health care outcomes to a percentage; like, say, a metric might measure the percentage of health plan members who were diagnosed with opioid use disorder that were properly put in an abuse treatment program.

These percentages are used to score health plans for Medicaid, Medicare, and commercial program quality of care and affect how contracts are given out by states and the federal government.

The state just canceled all the measures that were due this year for the foreseeable future, which is a pretty bad sign.

PathAsc
Nov 15, 2011

Hail SS-18 Satan may he cleanse us with nuclear fire

PISS TAPE IS REAL

How do I get yrumpbuxcc

Apr 7, 2003

wrong thread, but still

Pepe Silvia Browne
Jan 1, 2007

JAY ZERO SUM GAME posted:

I’ve found that the amount of realism brought to a conversation about resuming normal business is directly proportional to how much money is involved.

lots of money??? maybe this project can resume in May?

no money? lol this is happening in the fall

The project I'm currently working on involves vendors coming here to do an install. From Germany.

Yesterday I had to explain to my department manager that just because the project is currently "on schedule" doesn't mean poo poo, because they weren't scheduled to be here until the end of April. So while the current plan is being followed, there are too many unknowns to actually say whether we are "on schedule". Maybe Trump lifts all these restrictions, but Germany bans all travel to the US. Maybe our project manager is in the ICU in a month. Maybe I have a fever over 100 and have to stay home for two weeks. None of it is certain. And they Refuse. To. Accept. That.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

PathAsc posted:

How do I get yrumpbuxcc

If you filed taxes in 2018 and made less than $99,000 you might get some amount (less than $1,200, which is what individuals who made less than $75,000 that year will receive) within around 2-3 months via direct deposit.

If you don't have direct deposit on file with IRS... then LOL... I dunno? 6 months?

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud posted:

so, uh

I write software that pulls administrative and medical record data on health plan members to put together metrics that boil down health care outcomes to a percentage; like, say, a metric might measure the percentage of health plan members who were diagnosed with opioid use disorder that were properly put in an abuse treatment program.

These percentages are used to score health plans for Medicaid, Medicare, and commercial program quality of care and affect how contracts are given out by states and the federal government.

The state just canceled all the measures that were due this year for the foreseeable future, which is a pretty bad sign.

lol if your software doesn't spit out a 69/100 score for everyone

Crusader
Apr 11, 2002

turmp

https://twitter.com/mgerrydoyle/status/1243154777053089798?s=20

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

he's still alive! get him!

gregday
May 23, 2003

trump either does not understand the meaning of “RINO” or the meaning of the word “but”

lorn Wayne
Jan 7, 2006

:staredog::meowth::pipe:

number up = good, actually,

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

this a record?

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

holy gently caress

smarxist
Jul 26, 2018

by Fluffdaddy
that's like 3-5% of the working population or some poo poo rofl

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

gregday posted:

trump either does not understand the meaning of “RINO” or the meaning of the word “but”

neither does his base

told my MIL about the concept of a DINO/RINO and she didn't want to believe that such people existed. it has to be either you're a democrat, or you are a republican. you can't be anything else. one or the other. no sir. nope. two parties. two choice. :colbert:

The Alpha Centauri
Feb 15, 2019

smarxist posted:

that's like 3-5% of the working population or some poo poo rofl

not anymore :v:

Dustcat
Jan 26, 2019

lol how many trillions are we gonna have to pump into the stock market today

WarMECH
Dec 23, 2004
JOBS JOBS JOBS JOBS

:smugdon: