Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

lmao at the dude

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.

Sharkie posted:

"narcoterrorism" as a word and a concept has strong 2004 energy

i hear 'winners don't do drugs'

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

no their bodies are infected

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

welp my company just had layoffs on the assumption we are headed to a great depression-type scenario, and made all high earners take a pay cut

and we are in an “essential” industry that isn’t very sensitive to the business cycle

get ready for a bumpy ride folks

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

Preoptopus posted:

My dad who is 60, 3 years away from retirement, and has health issues among being prone to pneumonia is scared not to go to work cause he doesnt wanna be the pussy who doesnt show up when others still are.
gently caress this goddamn system. Im terrified for him. I pleeded to him last night to stay the gently caress home an hes like " well maybe next week"

god, i'm sorry, i'm sure that's awful. hope he'll be ok

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Mr. Nice! posted:

anyone got the dril or getfiscal (can't remember which) tweet that said congrats to guaido for the best coronavirus response?

I don't have it but it was getfiscal

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

It's a little bit juvenile, but it's simple and it's timeless.

We let it be known that Schnorkles, for a snack, eats tiny pieces of shit.

You're picturing it and you're talking about it. That's a win in my book.
i really don't know what's going to happen in the next few weeks, and I think the recent move in academia that the virus is more transmissible and less lethal than we thought is a good sign

but a lot of people are still going to die and the entire economy is going to grind to a halt, and ~3 weeks isolation + massive testing/tracing regime ala SK is an enormous societal undertaking

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

Preoptopus posted:

My dad who is 60, 3 years away from retirement, and has health issues among being prone to pneumonia is scared not to go to work cause he doesnt wanna be the pussy who doesnt show up when others still are.
gently caress this goddamn system. Im terrified for him. I pleeded to him last night to stay the gently caress home an hes like " well maybe next week"

the same story repeated infinitum, :corona:

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

lol this dude's book:

Tell Your Children: The Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness and Violence is a 2019 book by Alex Berenson, denounced as alarmist and inaccurate by many in the scientific and medical communities because of his claims that cannabis use causes psychosis and violence

Thoguh
Nov 8, 2002

College Slice

Tei posted:

Almost half a million infected soon. Probably underreported, I think the real number is closer to 50 million.

If it is really that high that is good because it means the percentage of people who either have no or mild symptoms is much higher than it is currently expected to be.

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://i.imgur.com/FVJM8qW.mp4

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

i feel like my posts have been really, really repetitive, but this weekend is when poo poo gets real

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/RamyInocencio/status/1243200966813499392?s=20

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
I work in a dining hall. We're papering over the windows so that "students don't see inside and think that we're open." Almost all of the students went home and aren't coming back for months because all classes will be online. From what I understand, in emergency situations, the Red Cross can use our facility. I wouldn't be surprised at all if we're setting up a hospital in here soon.

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
Only unmanly cowards file for unemployment. What are people thinking?

BardoTheConsumer
Apr 6, 2017

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

D1E posted:

Is eating food an addiction? 'Cuz people are going to be out of it/unable to pay for it soon.

drat dude you caught me in the 30 seconds between making that post and realizing it was stupider than usual.

Soup du Jour
Sep 8, 2011

I always knew I'd die with a headache.

is that good

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://twitter.com/mims/status/1243202312438456321?s=20

The Saucer Hovers
May 16, 2005

Muscle Wizard posted:

i guess that means america ended back in 2008 when obama got elected and stores were out of ammo so bad you couldnt even find .22lr for years.

or maybe ur bolded statement isnt as profound as u think it is lol

incredible tar

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

Atrocious Joe posted:

https://twitter.com/HansMahncke/status/1243192926387220481?s=20

Lol these guys are staying the course that it's no big deal
lol he’s pretending like all of italy is just like the scenes in godfather 1 when the area hardest hit is rich af and basically like switzerland

Plinkey
Aug 4, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
https://twitter.com/andrewkimmel/status/1243183907907883009

MoaM
Dec 1, 2009

Joyous.
got 2 look good for hubby

:biglips:

Soy Division
Aug 12, 2004

brugroffil posted:

lol this dude's book:

Tell Your Children: The Truth About Marijuana, Mental Illness and Violence is a 2019 book by Alex Berenson, denounced as alarmist and inaccurate by many in the scientific and medical communities because of his claims that cannabis use causes psychosis and violence
it’s that loving guy? wow just ignore everything he says

even loving joe rogan managed to defeat him in an argument

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

C-Euro posted:

I don't have it but it was getfiscal

found it
https://twitter.com/getfiscal/status/1241733624086568962

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

Thoguh posted:

If it is really that high that is good because it means the percentage of people who either have no or mild symptoms is much higher than it is currently expected to be.

Oh the problem with this bug is collapsing hospitals, or 80 years old people. Everyone else can get sick, but have good probability to live.

brugroffil
Nov 30, 2015

Soy Division posted:

it’s that loving guy? wow just ignore everything he says

even loving joe rogan managed to defeat him in an argument

sounds like something a mentally ill Mary JAne user would say!

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

thanks mate

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

I will note that Ferguson's model in January predicted epidemic peaks in the secondary non-China hotspots in mid-April and based on where we are right now that sure looks good :thunk:

so they're smart people who know what the gently caress they're doing

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

jfc

Muscle Wizard
Jul 28, 2011

by sebmojo

lol i hope this completely crushes the us govt

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Can you even imagine how much the Oliver Stone movie about this will suck?

triple sulk
Sep 17, 2014

truuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuumpbux

stephenthinkpad
Jan 2, 2020

SKULL.GIF posted:

lol remember when China released their backlog numbers and spiked like 15k cases in one day and we were running around with our hair on fire?

USA just exceeded that with real cases

USA! USA! USA!

Wolfy
Jul 13, 2009

Soup du Jour posted:

is that good

well when you think about it 9/11 was just one big ems call

Star Phlatulence
Jan 14, 2006

by Cyrano4747
Bleak Gremlin

people really can't handle being told that 99% of their life is frivolous bullshit

Raiad
Feb 1, 2005

Without the law, there wouldn't be lawyers.

15 million doesn't seem like a lot of money for the leader of a country, no matter how hard you try to claim he isn't a legitimate president

especially when we already got the money printer going brrrrrrrr at infinite speed to make number go up

Schnorkles
Apr 30, 2015

Muscle Wizard posted:

lol i hope this completely crushes the us govt

when things are to the point that the billionaires are tugging on their collars and checking for guillotines around the corner i'm pretty sure we're hitting potentially existential systemic strain

Tei
Feb 19, 2011
Probation
Can't post for 7 days!

This is like that scene in disaster movies where the seismograph breaks and somebody is picking the phone and the other guy say "who are you calling". "everybody". Then a tree fall on the phone line and they can't contact anyone in time.

Or my real opinion: people will be rehired back once the economy warms again

Sharkie
Feb 4, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
Now put the 0 hour people and the gig economy people on there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

really wish there was an antibody test so people could see if they had already been exposed to it and now have immunity (most likely), would be great for both mental health and for letting people know they can get out and help without the fear of being a mega super-spreader