Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

Tunicate posted:

was he president after that though?

Buddy he was twice as presidential

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wheeee
Mar 11, 2001

When a tree grows, it is soft and pliable. But when it's dry and hard, it dies.

Hardness and strength are death's companions. Flexibility and softness are the embodiment of life.

That which has become hard shall not triumph.

A HORNY SWEARENGEN posted:

Bernie just saved millions of people.

actually, I think you will find that it was Biden whose truly inspirational leadership saved the nation during this crisis all while Bernard Sanders continued to traipse about with his poisonous campaign, undermining the Democrats even as they fought to save millions of lives

Rah!
Feb 21, 2006

Code Jockey posted:

one of the biggest brain-breaking moments I've had this round, among the many I've had, is that the DNC has no oversight what so ever, and is a private org that can do what it wants

how the gently caress?

lol same but back in 2016

but still i have hope because there's no alternative and because bernie sanders is cool and good and hes gonna chop some fuckin heads off and if he doesnt then antifa supersoldiers will do it instead

Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

Stefan Prodan posted:

who actually decides who his delegates go to, his campaign?

if we get to the second ballot joes delegates can do whatever the gently caress they want ive mentioned this before but i dont think its at all a sure thing that a contested convention goes the way the dnc wants it to because the individual biden campaigns by state are the ones who get to pick who the delegates are and random biden loving shithead from bumfuck alabama isnt going to vote for cuomo at the convention just because the dnc asked him to these are exactly the kind of people who would be really loving pissed to learn that the dnc knew biden was senile all along and that the whole lets unite around the frontrunner early to beat trump thing was just something they made up to screw over bernie

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

Rah! posted:

lol same but back in 2016

but still i have hope because there's no alternative and because bernie sanders is cool and good and hes gonna chop some fuckin heads off and if he doesnt then antifa supersoldiers will do it instead

It kind of blows my mind that it took until just a few years ago for the Dems to give an inch on "maybe letting a couple hundred elites select the party nominee, easily overruling the public's will, is a bad thing"

Stefan Prodan
Jan 7, 2002

I deeply respect you as a human being... Some day I'm gonna make you *Mrs* Buck Turgidson!

Grimey Drawer

Some Guy TT posted:

if we get to the second ballot joes delegates can do whatever the gently caress they want ive mentioned this before but i dont think its at all a sure thing that a contested convention goes the way the dnc wants it to because the individual biden campaigns by state are the ones who get to pick who the delegates are and random biden loving shithead from bumfuck alabama isnt going to vote for cuomo at the convention just because the dnc asked him to these are exactly the kind of people who would be really loving pissed to learn that the dnc knew biden was senile all along and that the whole lets unite around the frontrunner early to beat trump thing was just something they made up to screw over bernie

what if we don't get to the second ballot, what if he had a majority and then died or dropped out because he got the roni or something

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Stefan Prodan posted:

what if we don't get to the second ballot, what if he had a majority and then died or dropped out because he got the roni or something

If enough people find out that Biden is a rapist that mainstream news sources can’t ignore it, all bets are off for the next primaries.

I don’t know what kind of ratfuckery the DNC will try to pull but there’s still almost half the voting to go with weeks until the next contest.

1994 Toyota Celica
Sep 11, 2008

by Nyc_Tattoo

CharlieFoxtrot posted:

It kind of blows my mind that it took until just a few years ago for the Dems to give an inch on "maybe letting a couple hundred elites select the party nominee, easily overruling the public's will, is a bad thing"

given the level of malfeasance in this primary season, are you certain they gave at all?

Nix Panicus
Feb 25, 2007

RasperFat posted:

If enough people find out that Biden is a rapist that mainstream news sources can’t ignore it, all bets are off for the next primaries.

I don’t know what kind of ratfuckery the DNC will try to pull but there’s still almost half the voting to go with weeks until the next contest.

Mainstream news sources will ignore it even if literally every single person in America knows about it. The media is completely divorced from truth. They will sit on the story until the general starts

RasperFat
Jul 11, 2006

Uncertainty is inherently unsustainable. Eventually, everything either is or isn't.

Nix Panicus posted:

Mainstream news sources will ignore it even if literally every single person in America knows about it. The media is completely divorced from truth. They will sit on the story until the general starts

That’s not really possible at this point with social media.

They’re going to defend Biden and spin as much as possible, but with a video interview upcoming it’s not going to be possible to just bury it.

Especially because the right wing media monster machine is starting to chomp on any of the anti-Biden stories now that the real threat Bernie seems neutralized.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

RasperFat posted:

That’s not really possible at this point with social media.

They’re going to defend Biden and spin as much as possible, but with a video interview upcoming it’s not going to be possible to just bury it.

Especially because the right wing media monster machine is starting to chomp on any of the anti-Biden stories now that the real threat Bernie seems neutralized.

It's gonna take more than a Krystal Ball interview. There needs to be a second victim of "real" rape or for someone like WaPo/NYT/CNN to take it seriously (lmao)

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

They'll just say bernie made it up to hide his own crimes and that will instantly become reality to a voting majority of americans lamo

just like bernie sabotaging Hillary Clinton

Pingui
Jun 4, 2006

WTF?

oxsnard posted:

It's gonna take more than a Krystal Ball interview. There needs to be a second victim of "real" rape or for someone like WaPo/NYT/CNN to take it seriously (lmao)

Not that I disagree, but I think Rising's rather large advantage in this regard, is that it has the facade of establishment (I am deeply fascinated with the show and its implication for the left).

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

ten more women could come out against Joe and it wouldn’t effect the primary in the slightest.

Flat Daddy
Dec 3, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo
Why isn’t Fox running the story? If they run it then lib media will be forced to do some bullshit counter stories about fake news at least where they have to mention it.... maybe

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

Flat Daddy posted:

Why isn’t Fox running the story? If they run it then lib media will be forced to do some bullshit counter stories about fake news at least where they have to mention it.... maybe

They want Trump to run against Biden, so they will bury it until Joe has it locked up

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Flat Daddy posted:

ideally the other networks are doing their own verification but they’re probably just ignoring it to boost Biden

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

Stefan Prodan posted:

who actually decides who his delegates go to, his campaign?

It's all about timing.
State-wide delegates are apportioned during the state convention, among the campaigns that are still active. So if he drops out or dies before the state convention, Bernie cleans it up in terms of statewide delegates. If it is after the state convention, his delegates have to vote for him in the first ballot and then are free on the second.

District level delegates it varies by state. About a dozen states say that their delegates have to vote for their candidate even if the candidate dropped out, becoming free on the 2nd ballot. But for all other states, they have no state law and the DNC rule is that they have to represent the will of their voters, but it doesn't mandate any sort of action in the first ballot.

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
imagine if biden actually makes it to the general, they'll open his closet and reveal a loving narnia made entirely of skeletons

Bryter
Nov 6, 2011

but since we are small we may-
uh, we may be the losers

Code Jockey posted:

one of the biggest brain-breaking moments I've had this round, among the many I've had, is that the DNC has no oversight what so ever, and is a private org that can do what it wants

how the gently caress?

Honestly, the fact that Americans mistake their parties for constitutionally democratic organisations is a testament to how unusually strong party democracy is in US parties.

It's sort of funny in a grim way to see how incensed people get that the DNC has its thumb on the scales for certain candidates when in most countries major parties barely bother getting the scales out, so to speak.

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

Bryter posted:

Honestly, the fact that Americans mistake their parties for constitutionally democratic organisations is a testament to how unusually strong party democracy is in US parties.

It's sort of funny in a grim way to see how incensed people get that the DNC has its thumb on the scales for certain candidates when in most countries major parties barely bother getting the scales out, so to speak.

Most other countries have parliamentary systems that allow for more than 2 options and don't have ridiculously strong executives, though.

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

The Kingfish posted:

ten more women could come out against Joe and it wouldn’t effect the primary in the slightest.

that is absolutely not true

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

Bernie just saved millions of people.

There's a credible rape allegation against Joe Biden.

Maybe here's where we draw the line in the sand and any liberals still on their bullshit after today get put against a loving wall.

what did bernie do that saved millions, I'm out of the loop

HiHo ChiRho
Oct 23, 2010

NofrikinfuN posted:

what did bernie do that saved millions, I'm out of the loop

A bunch of Republican senators were trying to hold up the stimulus bill because the meager handouts to the peasants were a little too much, so Bernie threatened to hold up the bill as well, but to enforce new restrictions on corporations getting massive taxpayer handouts

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

HiHo ChiRho posted:

A bunch of Republican senators were trying to hold up the stimulus bill because the meager handouts to the peasants were a little too much, so Bernie threatened to hold up the bill as well, but to enforce new restrictions on corporations getting massive taxpayer handouts

lol insert clinton quote about not getting anything done

Andorra
Dec 12, 2012

oxsnard posted:

that is absolutely not true

If mainstream media doesn't report on something it more or less didn't happen to a portion of the public (that portion coincidentally being 95% of Joe's base)

oxsnard
Oct 8, 2003

Andorra posted:

If mainstream media doesn't report on something it more or less didn't happen to a portion of the public (that portion coincidentally being 95% of Joe's base)

agreed, but 10 women coming forward will be literally impossible to ignore

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

oxsnard posted:

I mean, I want you to be right, but "ah! well, nevertheless,"

NofrikinfuN
Apr 23, 2009

oxsnard posted:

didnt trump have like 13 by the general?

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
i doubt any of them came, forwards or backwards

Fellatio del Toro
Mar 21, 2009

imagine a debate audience filled entirely with trump and biden accusers

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
trump has something like 20+ credible assault allegations and no one ever talks about it. they can hide 10.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
Trump's base legitimately doesn't care. Then again, Biden's probably doesn't either. We've seen how quickly they've gone 'She's a lying Russian whore'

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames
Amendment King literally saved the lives of people who work tipped and gig jobs.

Republicans and democrats were perfectly fine with letting the entire waiting and uber/lyft/grubhub/etc. section of America, literally millions of people, just loving die with no assistance because their first priority was handouts to banks.

This and Joe Biden being a rapist are the line in the sand.

You should legitimately punch liberals in the loving mouth if they're not on board today.

Dolphin
Dec 5, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
the silencing the victim thing is really getting to me. the sheer number of people who will ignore that their man raped someone if it's politically inconvenient is damning of the species

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Amendment King literally saved the lives of people who work tipped and gig jobs.

Republicans and democrats were perfectly fine with letting the entire waiting and uber/lyft/grubhub/etc. section of America, literally millions of people, just loving die with no assistance because their first priority was handouts to banks.

This and Joe Biden being a rapist are the line in the sand.

You should legitimately punch liberals in the loving mouth if they're not on board today.

sometimes an empty quote is just an empty quote

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Dolphin posted:

the silencing the victim thing is really getting to me. the sheer number of people who will ignore that their man raped someone if it's politically inconvenient is damning of the species

already got someone on my fb chiding me for saying i'm #nojoe even for the general, get in motherfuckers

Retromancer
Aug 21, 2007

Every time I see Goatse, I think of Maureen. That's the last thing I saw. Before I blacked out. The sight of that man's anus.

I told my one MSNBC brained co worker about it and their first response was literally "Oh who cares?"

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold
lol msnbc is every bit as bad as fox news if not worse

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Code Jockey
Jan 24, 2006

69420 basic bytes free

Raskolnikov38 posted:

lol msnbc is every bit as bad as fox news if not worse

Trump isn't right about much, but constantly calling it MSDNC is spot on