Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Slowpoke!
Feb 12, 2008

ANIME IS FOR ADULTS

FizFashizzle posted:

i doubt this happens.

DJ is under team control for three years.

https://twitter.com/NFLDraftBites/status/1242537753285464065?s=20

Yeah, a rebuild is like a 2 year thing, usually. DJ is going into year 3 as a late first-rounder so he has one of the best contracts in the league. He’s cheap, young, and locked down for two more cheap years and a fifth-year option.

Only way he goes is if he demanded out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Strong stroll for a mangy stray

Slowpoke! posted:

Yeah, a rebuild is like a 2 year thing, usually. DJ is going into year 3 as a late first-rounder so he has one of the best contracts in the league. He’s cheap, young, and locked down for two more cheap years and a fifth-year option.

Only way he goes is if he demanded out.

That's also why he might be attractive to other teams though. If you're convinced that the rebuild will take a few years it's a move you might make

Not that I think it's going to happen but it's far from impossible.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

I've been looping this all day and you can too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfCYZ3pks48

Ches Neckbeard
Dec 3, 2005

You're all garbage, back up the truck BACK IT UP!

Eifert Posting posted:

Lol we going full BoB? You never go full BoB.

If you're going full rebuild you sell cmc. Trading DJ says rebuild in an incompetent fashion.

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1242843927222398978?s=19

Ches Neckbeard fucked around with this message at 18:52 on Mar 25, 2020

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
edit wrong thread

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Ches Neckbeard posted:

If you're going full rebuild you sell cmc. Trading DJ says rebuild in an incompetent fashion.

Not if your evaluation of him is that he isn't that great. He's been decent for sure but it's still hard to say if he is gonna turn into anything notable. If you feel he isn't and another team feels he is, though . . .

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Filthy Hans posted:

I've been looping this all day and you can too

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VfCYZ3pks48

Good God...

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Play posted:

So is the pass rush! Ravens definitely in the mix for most improved team this offseason.. and they were already a pretty good team.

We are still very weak at LB. Weak enough that it can sink the whole ship. Thats why I like defense less and less also. Because we might have a strong secondary and line but if the LBs arent good youll just have the same old problems. And if your secondary is strong but your D-line is weak its like you might as well not even bother when you face a Derrick Henry and then they pass on you too. This sort of thing can happen on offense too but less so--you can have one or two real good players and be so-so for the rest and still a strong offense. But defenses are so prone to breakdowns especially late. Even strong units.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

We are still very weak at LB. Weak enough that it can sink the whole ship. Thats why I like defense less and less also. Because we might have a strong secondary and line but if the LBs arent good youll just have the same old problems. And if your secondary is strong but your D-line is weak its like you might as well not even bother when you face a Derrick Henry and then they pass on you too. This sort of thing can happen on offense too but less so--you can have one or two real good players and be so-so for the rest and still a strong offense. But defenses are so prone to breakdowns especially late. Even strong units.

glad to see everything happening in the world hasn't changed your outlook kawalimus ;)

You're right, they need a bit of help at linebacker. LJ Fort and Josh Bynes had a pretty nice years but Chris Board was downright awful. I'd still generally prioritize cornerbacks and pass rush over linebackers, and at the end of the day the idea is that Lamar is scoring a decent amount of points every game so that the defense doesn't need to be all-time.

Still, I love what they've done this offseason. They were set to be offseason losers based on free agency but I think they've improved overall and have a pretty good chance to tear up the NFL against next season, or at least the AFC North

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

I do think the front 7 overall is way more important than the secondary. We have maybe the best pair of starting CBs in the league and it didn't mean a drat thing when we kept getting pushed around up front. I think if you can get a front 7 that can generate pressure consistently you can get away with just an ok secondary. So while the defensive line is better we're still only partially there. Fort is ok.

Play
Apr 25, 2006

Kawalimus posted:

I do think the front 7 overall is way more important than the secondary. We have maybe the best pair of starting CBs in the league and it didn't mean a drat thing when we kept getting pushed around up front. I think if you can get a front 7 that can generate pressure consistently you can get away with just an ok secondary. So while the defensive line is better we're still only partially there. Fort is ok.

for you :). Not trying to disprove anything you said, but maybe this will get you excited

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OmClyDom1Yc

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

Kawalimus posted:

Don't tell the Dolphins

Strobe
Jun 30, 2014
GW BRAINWORMS CREW
For the counter argument, "A strong front seven doesn't mean poo poo if your secondary is trash garbage" I present to you Exhibit A: the 2018 Kansas City Chiefs.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Strobe posted:

For the counter argument, "A strong front seven doesn't mean poo poo if your secondary is trash garbage" I present to you Exhibit A: the 2018 Kansas City Chiefs.

So, so many coaching problems involved there though. Don't think we can really take anything from that other than Justin Houston, Dee Ford, and Chris Jones were able to regularly beat people one on one if the other team absolutely must pass and everyone knew it.

SunshineDanceParty
Feb 7, 2006

One Road. Two Friends. One Ass.
My god did Sutton suck for years. I was so good at predicating every Chiefs defensive play call over those years with friends and I was barely watching football.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kawalimus posted:

You need both now.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

D-LINK posted:

You need both now.

If so then more reason why defense should be ignored until the offense is set.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Per Twitter just now, doctors say Sean Payton has been cleared of COVID-19.

That said, it can't be said for sure if he put a bounty out on the virus.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Most of the time he catches it every time.
Grimey Drawer
I'm hype.

The Bengals may or not be good next year but the defense absolutely should be fun.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
8-9 concussions worth of fun Id day

latinotwink1997
Jan 2, 2008

Taste my Ball of Hope, foul dragon!

Gonz posted:

Per Twitter just now, doctors say Sean Payton has been cleared of COVID-19.

That said, it can't be said for sure if he put a bounty out on the virus.

Season ruined.

No Irish Need Imply
Nov 30, 2008

Amy Pole Her posted:

8-9 concussions worth of fun Id day
he's watching again because he doesn't care about Giovani Bernard thank you very much.

Salvor_Hardin
Sep 13, 2005

I want to go protest.
Nap Ghost

wandler20 posted:

Wtf is a Chad Forbes

It's like the opposite of the Virgin Economist.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

No Irish Need Imply posted:

he's watching again because he doesn't care about Giovani Bernard thank you very much.

Good

Once you realize they’re cattle it becomes much more fun!

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Salvor_Hardin posted:

It's like the opposite of the Virgin Economist.

I appreciate this post.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/drewbrees/status/1243198949432975360?s=21

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Good for Drew Brees

Using that jimmy johns freaky delivery for good

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Pretty great:

https://twitter.com/minakimes/status/1243229716225486850

Play
Apr 25, 2006

im not even a seahawks fan and I don't wanna watch that, hungry people be damned

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Get Pete to join you and I’m there.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
For some reason, seeing that shot of Sherman, it never occured to me the sidelined players wouldn't know the play call.

Lol that makes it even worse.

indigi
Jul 20, 2004

how can we not talk about family
when family's all that we got?

Play posted:

im not even a seahawks fan and I don't wanna watch that, hungry people be damned

it was glorious stupidity

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
Calling the pass wasn't a bad play call, it was just unfathomable bad luck that it didn't work out

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/status/1243255220265779202?s=19

Shimrra Jamaane
Aug 10, 2007

Obscure to all except those well-versed in Yuuzhan Vong lore.

Nodoze posted:

Calling the pass wasn't a bad play call, it was just unfathomable bad luck that it didn't work out

Calling a pass wasn’t a bad call but it should have been a fade or something and not a throw right into traffic.

Mr. Carrier Pigeon
Aug 22, 2013

Those birds certainly know what they're doin'!

Nodoze posted:

*Marshawn Lynch has entered the chat*:
:frog:

Diva Cupcake
Aug 15, 2005

Shimrra Jamaane posted:

Calling a pass wasn’t a bad call but it should have been a fade or something and not a throw right into traffic.
No goal line pass should ever be a fade.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Nodoze posted:

Wilson should have just thrown it out of the end zone if there wasn't a guy wide open. They could have run it on 3rd and 4th down since they had a timeout. The pass was the right call as it gave them one extra chance to put it through.

Eifert Posting
Apr 1, 2007

Grimey Drawer
Russell did bad and he should feel bad.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 2000

Mr. Carrier Pigeon posted:

*Marshawn Lynch has entered the chat*:
:frog:

The Pats could have had 35 people on the field and not stopped Lynch on that goal line.

The pass was a bad call.