Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

DigitalPenny posted:

Did our savior not promise yearly updates of the accounts after the last one ?
I know the accounts are largely makeup for the all the skeletons CIG has but id still like to see them make the effort to window dress this digital piracy.

Gut feel the number is around $360 million after the investments, other income and the UK tax boon. I'd love to see it hit $400 million before the implosion it's much more impressive number. Its also close enough to half a billion so we can start rounding up

https://cloudimperiumgames.com/blog/corporate/cloud-imperium-financials-for-2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Kosumo posted:

So, let me get this straight, about 8 years ago Chris Roberts started a crowd source raising drive to get $2 million dollar so his investors would see that there was demand for a PC space sim game and fund him another $18 million to get him to the $20 million dollars he said he needed to make it.

Now, about 8 years later, his site claims to have had over $275 million pledged (with some more form other places) and the game is pre-alpha/alpha or not released at all.

Yet there are people who think this is good?

WTF

He has over 14 times more money than he said it would take to make the game, 140 times more than he was after!

I thought this was sad back when I first ever hear of this a week or two after it started - now after all this time it's more than sad, it's tragic - I knew then that giving Chris Roberts any money was a waste, yet I never thought he would ever get to waste this much money.

What a scummy, lying, inept oval office he really is.

That was the KS. After they began their own crowdfunding they kept adding funding goals until 65 million. So, currently, they have received "only" over four times the money they asked for. Now, if you consider that we're talking about 2 games and that they had to start from scrath...

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat
Who knew that the ELO of star citizen would also be the ELO of modern civilization.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Still reading the Elyria salt...

quote:

WELP! Ashes of Creation is our only hope.

quote:

actually it also looks like a scam

and yes, I am a backer there as well :)

:laffo: these loving marks.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Xakura posted:

DCS is great, and you should all come join us. And there is a Stay-at-home-sale and free flight going on at the moment:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-yp-phGY1Vw

Eat poo poo, star citizen:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ezcSVFQdc5g

MFS multiplayer looks amazing, glad they have a shared world for tedious ATC dads as well as private options

Blue On Blue
Nov 14, 2012

Xakura posted:

DCS is great, and you should all come join us. And there is a Stay-at-home-sale and free flight going on at the moment:

Wow.... FS2020 is looking REAL good

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Xakura posted:

Man I really need to try playing DCS one of these days. It looks so cool.

unpurposed
Apr 22, 2008
:dukedog:

Fun Shoe
Haven't checked in since that Twitch streamer was doing those weird SC streams. What ended up happening to him? Rexy or something like that?

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

unpurposed posted:

Haven't checked in since that Twitch streamer was doing those weird SC streams. What ended up happening to him? Rexy or something like that?

Contract expired

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Sarsapariller posted:

Contract expired

This is not a joke

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

trucutru posted:

quote:

WELP! Ashes of Creation is our only hope.

quote:

actually it also looks like a scam

and yes, I am a backer there as well :)

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/965789739835101184

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Mirificus posted:

https://twitter.com/real_lethality/status/965789739835101184
[/quote]

Like a bad video game nerd version of Seven, except he's singing for more.

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

monkeytek posted:

This is not a joke

It's almost funny how wrong you have it.

Here are the main reasons:

First of all Rexzilla isn't new to Star Citizen, he backed the game around the same time i did back in 2016 and was a member of an org called Aces High (ACESHI). I know this because my previous org (which i co-founded) used to fight them at Security Post Kareah. So he isn't new, he played the game in 2016 and 2017 but didnt stream it and took a break from it because peformance was poor and all we had were a few on foot PvP areas. He's not a pilot, the FPS aspect of the game appealed to him.

He like me never played any of Chris Roberts old games. i was born in 1995. You should not hold this against me or anyone else who didn't know who Chris Roberts was until they discovered Star Citizen. There are a lot of us and we are a fast growing part of the Star Citizen community.

There is growing new guard due to a perfect storm. The game being playable due to client-side OCS and new game features and environments has brought in a lot of new people. In my case i only became a backer after a woman told me in a Second Life group voice chat that procedural planets were going to be a thing (she sent me a link to the Homestead Demo) and that playable female characters were coming soon with both likely to make an appearance in 3.0 (i know right!?). Knowing nothing of the delays SC has had i enthusiastically pledged in Dec 2016 for an Aurora starter package. Today we have OCS, FPS AI (derpy as it is, its something), 2 landable planets, 9 landable moons and landable planetoid with ourposts, stations even cities with trains and stuff. And i finally get to play with a character which represents me making it all finally immesive. This probably doesn't surprise you but friends i have who are also female and game have held off until they could play with a female character.

Some older streamers and backers see any change as scary and this influx of newer, often younger backers is disruptive to what the Star Citizen community has traditionally been since the Kickstarter.

The reason Rexzilla gets the huge audience he does are because he offers something none of the old guard offered:

a) A positive attitude taking advantage of the sandbox, sci-fi space sim we have today rather than theorycrafting and wishing for what we might have in the future.

So many of the Star Citizen streamers fall into a "negative nancy" mode. i totally get why they're like this, because for most of their streaming life there was no playable game. Old habits die hard and now that there is one its hard for them to break out of this. Instead of taking Chris Roberts seriously when he has repeatedly stated Star Citizen would be a sort of Space Second Life, they spend time talking about delays on gameplay mechanics even though we have cargo and mining.

b) Accessibility. Most of the older Star Citizen streamers have had an air about them of "I'm the streamer, you watch me but that's it." In other words, they kept a wall between themselves and people who might want to join in with what they're doing. Rexzilla has taken the opposite approach, he welcomes everyone to play with him and have epic experiences as a group. i am part of ZDF as well as my own org and i can tell you, we're not actors. We do some light roleplay but we're all there to have a good time. Part of that is following instructions but you have that in any org. My org did the same type of ops on a regular basis, we didn't stream them but they do require willing participants, clear comms and clear leadership. Its the same in the ZDF. Whether we are part of the ground forces or support and combat pilots (those ships you see on his streams are often there to protect the op against stream snipers, i know because i took one down in my Glaive).

c) Personality. Sorry but many of the older guard remind me of my dad trying to play games in the way they interact with the audience. Its boring, even when they are doing something midly interesting because they just don't have the energy or hype level Rex does.

Fear of the new leads to salt. You've seen it and commented on it with reactions to Rex's rise. i've seen it personally on a much smaller level as some people who are fans of TheBase radio station have attacked The Peoples Radio (TPR), the immersive, Star Citizen station i started. Older backers have thrown shade at us even though we're doing something quite different than TheBase in terms of content and our target demographics (newer and younger backers and a more diverse audience in general). This some of this low level salt among older fans of TheBase goes on even though Juntau from TheBase and i get along great and respect each other. In fact he recently had some very nice things to say about us and our quick rise on The Captain's Table. CIG loves our weekly news program (we've been the Staff Pick in the Community Hub on CIG's site and they and even made me an MVP for it one week. Again, it's because we use the game to make immersive content now. Everything is content to us, een bugs. It's that kind of positive attitude the community has responded to both with us and Rexzilla (who gives us shoutouts from time to time).

ZDF as an org is bigger than Rexzilla. It's not just an org, its a movement. The ZDF does a lot of stuff on and off stream not involving Rexzilla. This ranges from Star Marine tournaments to participating in the 50 person pub craw i organized in Star Citizen. Most large orgs with charasmatic leaders would not have responded the way ZDF did when i put the idea out there seeking both security and participants. (i know this having interacted with them in the past). Rexzilla was reachable and their support of the event helped ensure it was success but they were one of like 5 smaller orgs who all contributed to that. We managed to fill a server with people all involved in the event on a day servers were going down left and right due to 30K errors related to an FPS AI mission. Wakapedia from CIG even came in at the end of the pub crawl and let us all in the Million Mile High Club in Area 18 making for more great content both on the stream and for TPR News.

So i guess what i'm saying is this is all organic growth of the game and a demographic change. i had a good conversation the other day on Discord with another content creator when this very subject came up. i asked her what she thought would happen as people who like and play Fortnite now start coming over to playing Star Citizen and she nearly spit her coffee out both because she knows its inevitable and the reaction will be a culture shock not unlike what you're seeing happening now with the emergence of Rex and the ZDF.

A game like this can not be successful based on old money and old salt alone. Too many older backers and streamers are jaded and what Rex has proven is that almost no one wants to watch endless negativity of what is missing from the game when the alternative is watching and/or participating in some epic, community created sandbox gameplay with the amazing locales, weapons and ships CIG has created.

PS: Yes i did buy $10K worth of ships during the height of the cryptocurrency boom the same amount of crypto i used back then is worth about $1500 today. The same foresight that helped me see that Ethereum would be something worth mining and holding on to at the end of 2015 (when it was $0.40 cents and helped me pursuade my boyfriend to start mining and trading before we sold when it went above $1,000 is the same foresight i've used in seeing the long view of this game's development.

Doing the former paid of my student loans. Doing the later will pay off in many years of fun. In some ways, it already has.

i hope this clears things up. i am fairly certain that what we are witnessing isn't some co-ordinated marketing campaign. it's the result of years of game development and an influx of new blood.

if you want, feel free to share this in its entirety.

G0RF fucked around with this message at 04:57 on Mar 27, 2020

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

Dementropy posted:

:argh:: Another coward ReFUDians alt account. There's a lot of these folks! A whole lot!

We are everywhere!

We control the horizontal, and the vertical!

Erenthal
Jan 1, 2008

A relaxing walk in the woods
Grimey Drawer

Sankis posted:

Dang. I was looking for a good reason to get back into A-10c. What's good aside from a-10c?

My top three modules right now:

AJS-37 Viggen:
Swedish Cold war era style atacker with lots of payload options. If you like flying swift in-and-out groundstrikes hugging the soil at mach 1.2 then hoo boy this plane is a blast to fly. Potent anti-shipping capabilities, wonderfully realized sea- and land radar. Just plain fun to fly, you can really feel the frame fighting you at those high G turns.

F-14A/B:
Probably the best looking module in DCS. The texture and detail work of both the exterior module and the cockpit is simply stunning, and the flight model is like the AJS-37 meaty and physical. It's made for 2 people, though with the built in AI-co pilot you can fly and enjoy it in single player no problem. But hook up with a buddy to take the back seat and it's some of the best fun I've ever had in a flight sim. The targeting pod is a delight to use, really recreates that Gulf War broadcast news feeling.

AV-8B Harrier:
VTOL, 'nuff said. Still some lingering bugs and stuff that the real pro's complain about, but for me it's great. Like a tiny A-10 Warthog with how much ordnance this thing can carry!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

G0RF posted:

First of all Rexzilla isn't new to Star Citizen, he backed the game around the same time i did back in 2016 and was a member of an org called Aces High (ACESHI). I know this because my previous org (which i co-founded) used to fight them at Security Post Kareah. So he isn't new, he played the game in 2016 and 2017 but didnt stream it and took a break from it because peformance was poor and all we had were a few on foot PvP areas. He's not a pilot, the FPS aspect of the game appealed to him.

He like me never played any of Chris Roberts old games. i was born in 1995. You should not hold this against me or anyone else who didn't know who Chris Roberts was until they discovered Star Citizen. There are a lot of us and we are a fast growing part of the Star Citizen community.

There is growing new guard due to a perfect storm. The game being playable due to client-side OCS and new game features and environments has brought in a lot of new people. In my case i only became a backer after a woman told me in a Second Life group voice chat that procedural planets were going to be a thing (she sent me a link to the Homestead Demo) and that playable female characters were coming soon with both likely to make an appearance in 3.0 (i know right!?). Knowing nothing of the delays SC has had i enthusiastically pledged in Dec 2016 for an Aurora starter package. Today we have OCS, FPS AI (derpy as it is, its something), 2 landable planets, 9 landable moons and landable planetoid with ourposts, stations even cities with trains and stuff. And i finally get to play with a character which represents me making it all finally immesive. This probably doesn't surprise you but friends i have who are also female and game have held off until they could play with a female character.

Some older streamers and backers see any change as scary and this influx of newer, often younger backers is disruptive to what the Star Citizen community has traditionally been since the Kickstarter.

The reason Rexzilla gets the huge audience he does are because he offers something none of the old guard offered:

a) A positive attitude taking advantage of the sandbox, sci-fi space sim we have today rather than theorycrafting and wishing for what we might have in the future.

So many of the Star Citizen streamers fall into a "negative nancy" mode. i totally get why they're like this, because for most of their streaming life there was no playable game. Old habits die hard and now that there is one its hard for them to break out of this. Instead of taking Chris Roberts seriously when he has repeatedly stated Star Citizen would be a sort of Space Second Life, they spend time talking about delays on gameplay mechanics even though we have cargo and mining.

b) Accessibility. Most of the older Star Citizen streamers have had an air about them of "I'm the streamer, you watch me but that's it." In other words, they kept a wall between themselves and people who might want to join in with what they're doing. Rexzilla has taken the opposite approach, he welcomes everyone to play with him and have epic experiences as a group. i am part of ZDF as well as my own org and i can tell you, we're not actors. We do some light roleplay but we're all there to have a good time. Part of that is following instructions but you have that in any org. My org did the same type of ops on a regular basis, we didn't stream them but they do require willing participants, clear comms and clear leadership. Its the same in the ZDF. Whether we are part of the ground forces or support and combat pilots (those ships you see on his streams are often there to protect the op against stream snipers, i know because i took one down in my Glaive).

c) Personality. Sorry but many of the older guard remind me of my dad trying to play games in the way they interact with the audience. Its boring, even when they are doing something midly interesting because they just don't have the energy or hype level Rex does.

Fear of the new leads to salt. You've seen it and commented on it with reactions to Rex's rise. i've seen it personally on a much smaller level as some people who are fans of TheBase radio station have attacked The Peoples Radio (TPR), the immersive, Star Citizen station i started. Older backers have thrown shade at us even though we're doing something quite different than TheBase in terms of content and our target demographics (newer and younger backers and a more diverse audience in general). This some of this low level salt among older fans of TheBase goes on even though Juntau from TheBase and i get along great and respect each other. In fact he recently had some very nice things to say about us and our quick rise on The Captain's Table. CIG loves our weekly news program (we've been the Staff Pick in the Community Hub on CIG's site and they and even made me an MVP for it one week. Again, it's because we use the game to make immersive content now. Everything is content to us, een bugs. It's that kind of positive attitude the community has responded to both with us and Rexzilla (who gives us shoutouts from time to time).

ZDF as an org is bigger than Rexzilla. It's not just an org, its a movement. The ZDF does a lot of stuff on and off stream not involving Rexzilla. This ranges from Star Marine tournaments to participating in the 50 person pub craw i organized in Star Citizen. Most large orgs with charasmatic leaders would not have responded the way ZDF did when i put the idea out there seeking both security and participants. (i know this having interacted with them in the past). Rexzilla was reachable and their support of the event helped ensure it was success but they were one of like 5 smaller orgs who all contributed to that. We managed to fill a server with people all involved in the event on a day servers were going down left and right due to 30K errors related to an FPS AI mission. Wakapedia from CIG even came in at the end of the pub crawl and let us all in the Million Mile High Club in Area 18 making for more great content both on the stream and for TPR News.

So i guess what i'm saying is this is all organic growth of the game and a demographic change. i had a good conversation the other day on Discord with another content creator when this very subject came up. i asked her what she thought would happen as people who like and play Fortnite now start coming over to playing Star Citizen and she nearly spit her coffee out both because she knows its inevitable and the reaction will be a culture shock not unlike what you're seeing happening now with the emergence of Rex and the ZDF.

A game like this can not be successful based on old money and old salt alone. Too many older backers and streamers are jaded and what Rex has proven is that almost no one wants to watch endless negativity of what is missing from the game when the alternative is watching and/or participating in some epic, community created sandbox gameplay with the amazing locales, weapons and ships CIG has created.

PS: Yes i did buy $10K worth of ships during the height of the cryptocurrency boom the same amount of crypto i used back then is worth about $1500 today. The same foresight that helped me see that Ethereum would be something worth mining and holding on to at the end of 2015 (when it was $0.40 cents and helped me pursuade my boyfriend to start mining and trading before we sold when it went above $1,000 is the same foresight i've used in seeing the long view of this game's development.

Doing the former paid of my student loans. Doing the later will pay off in many years of fun. In some ways, it already has.

i hope this clears things up. i am fairly certain that what we are witnessing isn't some co-ordinated marketing campaign. it's the result of years of game development and an influx of new blood.

JORFistyping

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
A Lion King Too Far

Mr Fronts
Jan 31, 2016

Yo! The Mafia supports you. But don't tell no one. Spread the word.

Lladre posted:

Who knew that the ELO of star citizen would also be the ELO of modern civilization.

Don't bring me down.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Xakura posted:

50 players max per instance. Bah, who is Microsoft to decide what is and what is not physically possible when developing games. The BDSSE server meshing will teach those noobs how to handle thousands and hundreds of thousands.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Sankis posted:

Dang. I was looking for a good reason to get back into A-10c. What's good aside from a-10c?

Define “good”.
No, really — DCS does a lot of things and what's good and what isn't depends a lot on what it is you enjoy doing. The game itself is all kinds of janky, especially in multiplayer, so a lot of the enjoyment you'd get out of it depends on how well-made the content (missions) are, how well-made the modules (planes) are, and what role you enjoy doing to begin with.

For the most part, I agree with Erenthal above — those are some really well-made modules, but they're also great because of the quirkiness of the respective aircraft. The Tomcat and Viggen are both big old buckets of analogue tech, which is charming as hell, but also require a bit more studying to get to work. The Harrier is relatively modern, but has its VTOL (and general flight characteristics) quirks that make it enjoyable. If you want A2A, the Tomcat is king; if you want precision A2G, the Harrier has it in spades; if you want to just go fast and spread explody things all over the country-side, Viggen is your bird.

If, instead, you want something far more modern and user-friendly, my current favourite is the JF-17 — it's all about them MFDs and fancy guided bombs, but it requires a bit of planning because you won't be carrying a lot or go very far. And while a lot of us who have been following it for a while have probably soured on it just because of how it was developed, the F/A-18 actually probably qualifies as “good” these days… it's just a bit boring. At the exact opposite end of the spectrum, you have things like the F-5 (as simple as they get, but very good for learning to fly) and the MiG-21 (which is actively trying to kill you) — limited in what they can do, but they both have plenty of that ephemeral “fun” going for them.

…and of course, then there are the helicopters, which are a whole separate chapter. As long as you avoid the laughably broken Gazelle, the remaining three are all good modules, just with very different missions.

Tippis fucked around with this message at 11:46 on Mar 27, 2020

Agony Aunt
Apr 17, 2018

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
:reddit: When Squadron 42 or SC launches the sales are going to be equal or bigger than other exclusive triple-A games for PC.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0CVoFsUhC4

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars

trucutru posted:

Hm, maybe they should try enjoying games that are fun and exist.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

First this is a duck of the highest quality

Second thanks for this, How does a non game developer get 8 million in other income a year ?

Xakura
Jan 10, 2019

A safety-conscious little mouse!

Sankis posted:

Tomcat is good, as others have mentioned. It is also old fashioned, so depends on what you like, but to me, that plane is perfect.

If you want carrier ops, with the upcoming deck crew it is F/A-18, or at some time in the future, Tomcat. Here's a demo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ztrv_ZML8w

Also seen a lot of people recommend the JF-17, as a well made plane, where everything "just works".

shrach
Jan 10, 2004

daylight ssssaving time

DigitalPenny posted:

First this is a duck of the highest quality

Second thanks for this, How does a non game developer get 8 million in other income a year ?

~6-7 million of it is the UK tax credits. I don't know what US tax incentives they might have in there. There's probably some sponsorships too, so they label it that way to make it seem like all 8 million is sponsorships.

DigitalPenny
Sep 3, 2018

shrach posted:

~6-7 million of it is the UK tax credits. I don't know what US tax incentives they might have in there. There's probably some sponsorships too, so they label it that way to make it seem like all 8 million is sponsorships.

I thought the tax credit was a direct reduction in cost not a direct subsidey?

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

The Titanic posted:

DCS is insane and is probably what CR was wanting to emulate except in space ships. I'm pretty sure I was trying to suffer through starting up a Russian helicopter around the time Star Citizen was announced.

The button you’re looking for is behind you.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

Dementropy posted:

"Witnessing a Hammerhead duel from ground level"

:reddit:: yeah it looks so lovely and unrealistic and destroys any immersion :( . i really hope that one day physics play a role in this game...

:argh:: Another coward ReFUDians alt account. There's a lot of these folks! A whole lot!

:monocle:: I see 0 posts in the refund sub from that guy.

I'm a high admiral and I completely agree with him. Ships in atmo look terrible and CIG need to fix it.

Posts like yours calling valid criticism refund-tier FUD are not productive and only make this place an echo chamber.

:reddit:: well... thx didnt expect to be downvoted so hard :D... i backed this game with like 300+ € and i really want it to succeed. my criticism isnt well worded (no native speaker) but... well... whatever

:argh:: Because it is an ALT account! They are deliberately using this account to poo poo on SC without giving themselves away by commenting in the ReFUDian sub. They do this all the time.

It's so obvious.

marumaru
May 20, 2013

Female characters should now do the correct arm raising animation in windy conditions.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

Dementropy posted:

:argh:: Because it is an ALT account! They are deliberately using this account to poo poo on SC without giving themselves away by commenting in the ReFUDian sub. They do this all the time.

It's so obvious.

They’re everywhere! They’re organized and wily! We need names for them!

marumaru
May 20, 2013

:reddit: posted:

If you think they are "criticising" and that's all they are doing, you are sorely mistaken. I suggest before you criticise me for calling out their bullshit that you actually go visit their sub for a while and take a look at the things that they say. Then take a look at the things that they do by coming into this sub and spreading FUD using lies and deciet in an attempt to drag the project down.

If you wish to ignore them and their clearly negative actions, then so be it. But don't expect me to do the same. I will continue to call out their bullshit.

this guy is acting like the refund subreddit is like, nazis or pedophiles some poo poo.
what the gently caress.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer
yeah its always been that we are somehow stalking and harassing employees, doxxing them, causing total rampant chaos because we uh can't take over the game or something because we are super into EVE and Ben Lesnick, Developer said that we can't win this game

its the same conspiracy poo poo that gets posted to facebook/twitter but in game form. all they have to do is read this thread for five minutes to realize we are a bunch of morons and the only real threat we pose is creating ship hentai

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Hav posted:

They’re everywhere! They’re organized and wily! We need names for them!
I hold in my hand a list of over 250 known refundians

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

G0RF posted:

Is Jade even posting anymore, or did they disappear into the poo poo slurry of randoms?

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

Grimey Drawer

monkeytek posted:

Is Jade even posting anymore, or did they disappear into the poo poo slurry of randoms?
they are a part of a roleplaying contingent arguing about who should be UEE president or imperator or whatever, since its almost election time in the verse

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos

Imagine typing this much and being 100% wrong on every single point :lol:

marumaru
May 20, 2013

TheAgent posted:

they are a part of a roleplaying contingent arguing about who should be UEE president or imperator or whatever, since its almost election time in the verse

reading this sentence was enough to make me feel ill, i don't want to imagine how bad the posts themselves are.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

TheAgent posted:

That's beautiful. We talk about the forums bound horseshit as the actual game, but there they are, level 20 dorks playing the game.

Good for them. Fanfiction for a fake game.

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

TheAgent posted:

its the same conspiracy poo poo that gets posted to facebook/twitter but in game form. all they have to do is read this thread for five minutes to realize we are a bunch of morons and the only real threat we pose is creating ship hentai

"creating". Isn't this the time for working on those passion projects? We didn't not fund a not game to see all these delays.

TheAgent posted:

I hold in my hand a list of over 250 known refundians

reFUDians. You have to smash together two third tier concepts to make yourself look really reasonable, brother brother. Praise Kiflom.

peter gabriel posted:

Imagine typing this much and being 100% wrong on every single point :lol:

I honestly think it's a shining jewel, a masterwork if you will. It's one of the reasons I have it on speed dial, because it aged like milk on a radiator. Predictions are always shots in the dark, but some are more informed than others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

marumaru
May 20, 2013

quote:

Idk why but the new apartments really remind me of Ghost in the shell (1995), anyone else ? i.redd.it

really dude