Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

My family is clubbing together to get some PPE for the doctors and nurses in our family. So far we have raised £200. That will buy us...

...5 disposable N95 masks.

gently caress

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hallucinogenic Toreador
Nov 21, 2000

Whoooooahh I'd be
Nothin' without you
Baaaaaa-by
BBC reporting Boris has it, I'm sure he's happy to be contributing to herd immunity.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

Late coz different country but anyone not enjoying mass participation in a common goal is counterrevolutionary.

Also, amusingly, since due to work stuff I added Russian to my phone’s list of keyboards, the word counterrevolutionary now appears where it did not before.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

https://twitter.com/bbclaurak/status/1243496497729191936

Biggus Dickus
May 18, 2005

Roadies know where to focus the spotlight.

Hallucinogenic Toreador posted:

BBC reporting Boris has it, I'm sure he's happy to be contributing to herd immunity.

Should've self-isolated!

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
loving die you oval office.

a pipe smoking dog
Jan 25, 2010

"haha, dogs can't smoke!"

Owned

Looke
Aug 2, 2013

Lmao strike the oval office down

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

pumpinglemma posted:

The self-reported list, and the first application question is "have you had an NHS letter" so I suspect it does. Also, definitely not saying you were considering this but as a PSA for anyone else reading: it would be very out of character for this government not to vet that self-reported list so heavily they're throwing out half the genuine applicants. So signing up for it fraudulently would not only be an incredibly lovely thing to do but also likely to gently caress you over.

I should be on the list, but am not. So they already did this.

c0burn
Sep 2, 2003

The KKKing
https://twitter.com/BBCBreaking/status/1243497891978756096?s=19

Lol

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

keep punching joe posted:

loving die you oval office.

:hmmyes:

Also maj next?

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Guess he shouldn’t have been shaking hands with all those Covid-19 paitents a while back.

keep punching joe
Jan 22, 2006

Die Satan!
I hope IDS is next, I hope he can't breathe.

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010
Can someone explain why the recovery rate is so low on all the supplied stats. My diseased brain keeps coming back to around to it, and I don't understand why it most occasions it's only very slightly above the deaths.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Lets hope the symptoms start "ramping up"

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Weasling Weasel posted:

Can someone explain why the recovery rate is so low on all the supplied stats. My diseased brain keeps coming back to around to it, and I don't understand why it most occasions it's only very slightly above the deaths.

Only people bad enough to be hospitalised are diagnosed, and they take a long time to recover.

Angepain
Jul 13, 2012

what keeps happening to my clothes
i mean on the one hand he's only 55 so he's not massively at risk of death, and he'll probably get first dibs on a ventilator, on the other i can't believe this man has paid proper attention to his regular health on a day to day basis for some time if ever

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Weasling Weasel posted:

It takes a couple of weeks to recover from, so those recovered stats reflect the infection rate of two weeks ago.

e: Also what stev said, but to expand, those with mild or no symptoms presumably won't appear in the recovery stats for even longer because who's bothering to follow them up right now?

Weasling Weasel
Oct 20, 2010

stev posted:

Only people bad enough to be hospitalised are diagnosed, and they take a long time to recover.
Thanks. I keep having to re-read the Diamond Princess report about how it's likely to be less bad than it looks just to keep myself sane currently.

Saros
Dec 29, 2009

Its almost like we're a Bureaucracy, in space!

I set sail for the Planet of Lab Requisitions!!

Holding out for Kissinger.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

Weasling Weasel posted:

It takes longer to recover then to die.

Efb

Fumble
Sep 4, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 16 days!

This has made me so loving horny i want to jack it over a picture of his face, hope it loving hurts you poo poo bag oval office.

Ronnie
May 13, 2009

Just in case.
Bojo got the Covo

Barry Foster
Dec 24, 2007

What is going wrong with that one (face is longer than it should be)

lmao

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

What's the chances that, if he only has 'mild symptoms', he'll decide that actually it's not that bad and nobody will get the treatment they need ever?

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

oh dear. How dreadful.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Saros posted:

Holding out for Kissinger.

Satan still hasn't finished building out the extension to Hell for that oval office.

RockyB
Mar 8, 2007

Dog Therapy: Shockingly Good

Next the Queen, then Trump, then the real poo poo starts.

Looking forwards to PM Raab.

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.
I hope he takes it on the chin and also on the lungs

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

im not a ghoul. i don't wish illness or death upon anyone but boris getting the roni gets a lol from me

justcola
May 22, 2004

La-Li-Lu-Le-Lo

keep punching joe posted:

I hope IDS is next, I hope he can't breathe.

I hope he gets it so every breath feels like his lungs are full of fibre glass, every movement of his body makes it so he feels he's having a lobotomy with frozen dog poo poo, that he can't catch a breath so it feels like he's being water tortured by a glade air freshner. Then he has to go to work.

Weasling Weasel posted:

They're only testing people in hospitals, so to get to hospital you have to be at a stage where you can't get out of bed. A lot of self-reported people who have it feel fine after a week or two.

Algol Star
Sep 6, 2010

Fumble posted:

This has made me so loving horny i want to jack it over a picture of his face, hope it loving hurts you poo poo bag oval office.

Lol

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I guarantee you Johnson tested positive last week and they've been praying he stays asymptomatic to protect the narrative.

communism bitch
Apr 24, 2009

hemale in pain posted:

im not a ghoul. i don't wish illness or death upon anyone

This is degenerate Liberalism.

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
Going to lol forever if he dies 4 months after achieving his dream of being PM

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

The image of Boris drowning on dry land makes my heart feel a little less leaden.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

pumpinglemma posted:

The self-reported list, and the first application question is "have you had an NHS letter" so I suspect it does. Also, definitely not saying you were considering this but as a PSA for anyone else reading: it would be very out of character for this government not to vet that self-reported list so heavily they're throwing out half the genuine applicants. So signing up for it fraudulently would not only be an incredibly lovely thing to do but also likely to gently caress you over.
It's the other way around for me, I got the letter but I didn't bother joining the list because I don't consider myself anywhere near lung transplant patient levels of vulnerable and didn't want to crowd the service, but if more and more stuff is only going to be practical by being on the list...

Weasling Weasel posted:

It takes a long time to be declared recovered but only a short time to be declared dead, and they're only testing people who have come into hospital.

Once they start rolling out mass testing (if these 3.5m tests are real and not from wish dot com) then the deaths:cases ratio should settle down, and then long term the deaths:recovery one.

e: beaten several times

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Who in the cabinet is most at risk of complications?

Pistol_Pete
Sep 15, 2007

Oven Wrangler

Angepain posted:

i mean on the one hand he's only 55 so he's not massively at risk of death, and he'll probably get first dibs on a ventilator, on the other i can't believe this man has paid proper attention to his regular health on a day to day basis for some time if ever

The dude's an obese heavy drinker and currently under more strain than he's ever been in his cushioned little life. I'd say he's pretty high risk tbh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

loving lol