Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

abigserve
Sep 13, 2009

this is a better avatar than what I had before
if i hear one more fucker say something along the lines of "man, I spend a lot of time indoors inside anyway (I'm an introvert), but not having the OPTION is like, driving me crazy, you know? Luckily I have animal crossing and doom eternal, otherwise I'd plum go crazy!"

you live one day of my life with a 16 month old. one fuckin day

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Boris Johnson has corona lol

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

Bape Culture posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
I bet he's changed his loving tune now
(well, in private anyway)

To be fair he did changes his tune already, but it took him long enough.

Someone post his original hand wave clips right now pls

YerDa Zabam fucked around with this message at 12:26 on Mar 27, 2020

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

abigserve posted:

if i hear one more fucker say something along the lines of "man, I spend a lot of time indoors inside anyway (I'm an introvert), but not having the OPTION is like, driving me crazy, you know? Luckily I have animal crossing and doom eternal, otherwise I'd plum go crazy!"

your facebook feed is "being mum/dad is the toughest job in the world" stuff isn't it

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Bape Culture posted:

drat came here to post this...

beaten like Johnson by his own ineffective measures...

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

If you can get an actual turkey vulture, even better! The smell will keep people more than 6 feet away.

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

QuarkJets posted:

Healthy young people are dying of this in significant-enough numbers to warrant significant caution. Worse than that, healthy people in my age group (20-44) are being hospitalized at a rate of 20% in Italy and S. Korea. My local hospitals are already at capacity, so I'd basically be killing an old person with carelessness if I had to take a ventilator. And even if I were in the majority of infected cases that don't need to be hospitalized, I really don't want to suffer the extremely lovely symptoms that a lot of "mild" cases have had to deal with: high fever, aches, chills, waking cough, etc. possibly for weeks. Seriously, gently caress all of that.

The amount of effort I'm putting into prevention is really low, I spend more time per week brushing and flossing my teeth. So go ahead and explain to me why an extra 10 minutes of sanitation and prevention effort per grocery trip is ridiculous

That "20-44" stat is the biggest red herring. The distribution is something like "16% 40-44 4% 20-40" otherwise they would have used equal intervals

HFCS
Oct 16, 2013

abigserve posted:

Are there three of them, and are they dragons? Because that's the only thing that would make this interesting compared to literally every other parent in the world.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

That "20-44" stat is the biggest red herring. The distribution is something like "16% 40-44 4% 20-40" otherwise they would have used equal intervals

that's not how percentages work

but agreed that 20-44 is a massive range. i do get a bit skeptical when someone tries to make noise about "young people are affected too" and then the example they use as a "young person" is like, 53.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Adolf Glitter posted:

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha.
I bet he's changed his loving tune now
(well, in private anyway)

To be fair he did changes his tune already, but it took him long enough.

Someone post his original hand wave clips right now pls

Keep in mind we’re on the worst possible timeline so it could also be that he gets lucky and fights it off easily and does some dumb poo poo as a result

VikingSkull
Jan 23, 2017
Look Viking you're a trash Trump supporter what the fuck makes you think you can have an avatar that isn't what I decide? Shut your fucking trap and go away. Your trolling is tiresome and just shits up the forum.

hemale in pain posted:

your facebook feed is "being mum/dad is the toughest job in the world" stuff isn't it

"I spit out a kid and all I got was this ruined life"

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Jabor posted:

?

E: 53 is young to be this sick, absolutely

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Aren't 16 year Olds just in the tiktoks and instagrahams all of the time anyway? How hard can it be to take care of one, just make sure the internet connection is working.

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Wafflecopper posted:

Fair enough, if you work in a hospital you're certainly better informed than I am. I was going off this article for the record:

https://www.caltech.edu/about/news/...94dvQLn8Ra-KxrM

NHS have been telling people sick at home who’re pretty sure they’ve got COVID that they only need to quarantine for a week from first becoming ill if you live alone / 2 weeks for a household.

Longer infectious period means that I’ve been at great risk of infecting people when I’ve visited the shop last week. Ideal.

Dell_Zincht
Nov 5, 2003

Bape Culture posted:

On one hand, loving lol

One the other hand, if he dies from this, half the country will see him as some sort of martyr.

greazeball
Feb 4, 2003

Bape Culture posted:

did he get it directly from the minister of health i wonder? top quality governing there for suer

spaceblancmange
Apr 19, 2018

#essereFerrari

LimburgLimbo posted:

Keep in mind we’re on the worst possible timeline so it could also be that he gets lucky and fights it off easily and does some dumb poo poo as a result

This is exactly what is going to happen with Trump.

Goobish
May 31, 2011

Just beat your kid with your other kid what's the big deal

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

LimburgLimbo posted:

This loving timeline keeps getting worse.
How long til my blood turns to lava or some poo poo?

wooger
Apr 16, 2005

YOU RESENT?

Son of Rodney posted:

Aren't 16 year Olds just in the tiktoks and instagrahams all of the time anyway? How hard can it be to take care of one, just make sure the internet connection is working.

Months /= years.

Jabor
Jul 16, 2010

#1 Loser at SpaceChem

if you have 16% of group a being sick, and 4% of group b being sick, when you put them together you get an overall percentage sick that's somewhere between 4 and 16.

Mnoba
Jun 24, 2010
lets not laugh at people getting a life threatening illness, we are better than that

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Ok something is definitely up. I ordered this yesterday and it said it was in stock with delivery by Monday....

April 23??

What the gently caress?

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

wooger posted:

Months /= years.

It sure feels like it RN!!

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

While you were dating your bimbos
I was studying the raid

While you were getting married with the person you love..
I was owning noobs

While you got your children and watched them grow
I was training my aim for 16 hours straight in a dark basement

And now that the roni is at your gates and you are stuck with your 16 month oldYou have the audacity to complain to me about it?

E:

wooger posted:

Months /= years.

Ah, fair enough then, that sounds tough. Hope you guys with young kids get through this alright.

Son of Rodney fucked around with this message at 12:49 on Mar 27, 2020

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

MarcusSA posted:

Ok something is definitely up. I ordered this yesterday and it said it was in stock with delivery by Monday....

April 23??

What the gently caress?

Everything is hosed, why are you surprised?
My shopping said 3 weeks so I ditched it.

When Amazon stuff shows many weeks it's usually because it's some Chinese seller, but currently it's because they are prioritizing "important" stuff, reorganising fulfillment centers etc
There's good chance it wouldn't even arrive on 23rd April

Haramstufe Rot
Jun 24, 2016

Mnoba posted:

lets not laugh at people getting a life threatening illness, we are better than that

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

spaceblancmange posted:

This is exactly what is going to happen with Trump.

This is the only reason I’d be ambivalent about him getting it.

I’d also kind of wish he stayed alive long enough to just get loving nailed to the wall for all the poo poo he’s done

Bape Culture
Sep 13, 2006

Mnoba posted:

Actually, let’s.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

BIG-DICK-BUTT-gently caress posted:

I give zero fucks. Even 1% is too high to gently caress around with. Getting hospitalized in a car accident is probably rarer than that, but I'm still going to wear a seat belt.

LimburgLimbo
Feb 10, 2008

Mnoba posted:

I’m not just laughing, I’m laughing *and* dancing

When people that are trying to push the world back into the dark ages croak I’m gonna shake my rear end extra hard because it’s a 100% guarantee that their deaths mean a better world

BIG-DICK-BUTT-FUCK
Jan 26, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

QuarkJets posted:

I give zero fucks. Even 1% is too high to gently caress around with. Getting hospitalized in a car accident is probably rarer than that, but I'm still going to wear a seat belt.

Have fun w that I guess

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Mnoba posted:

True, let's rephrase:

Boris Johnson has the ronibecomes an early adopter of his own strategy and actively contributes to efforts to achieve herd immunity.

spookygonk
Apr 3, 2005
Does not give a damn

Yeah, but he's only developed "mild symptoms."

Get's him out of standing at a podium outside No10 doing daily briefings to the press.

unpacked robinhood
Feb 18, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

spookygonk posted:

Yeah, but he's only developed "mild symptoms.

This is bullshit

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
look, if corona gets even 1 of the terrible strongman world leaders we're currently stuck with, i'll consider it a win

YerDa Zabam
Aug 13, 2016

unpacked robinhood posted:

This is bullshit

No, look at him, the picture of good health

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Jabor posted:

but agreed that 20-44 is a massive range. i do get a bit skeptical when someone tries to make noise about "young people are affected too" and then the example they use as a "young person" is like, 53.

People in that age range all had about the same case fatality rate when broken up into 10-year segments in various studies coming out of S. Korea and China; it wouldn't be surprising if the hospitalization and ICU rates were also similar across that age range.

Plant MONSTER.
Mar 16, 2018

I was watching simpsons at 0.75 without knowing until a scene where homer and bart were getting back massages at a hotel and the noises they were making were super drawn out like a youtube poop

Mnoba posted:

yes we must maintain civility in these

PBBBTHTHHHAHA

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gildiss
Aug 24, 2010

Grimey Drawer