Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

GalacticAcid
Apr 8, 2013

NEW YORK VALUES
https://twitter.com/henrykrinkie/status/1243000495901421568?s=21

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

What’s the 2004 bump? Some election effect?

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
p. sure a few months before the 2004 election was the last time the "terror alert level" color chart moved. guess up or down.

El Mero Mero
Oct 13, 2001

Literally replaying this poo poo right now with trump and coronavirus

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

El Mero Mero posted:

Literally replaying this poo poo right now with trump and coronavirus

I have to admit the casting of Joe Biden as John Kerry is genius

Kazzah
Jul 15, 2011

Formerly known as
Krazyface
Hair Elf

GalacticAcid posted:

Is that “the pivot to Asia” or something else

That was a pretty good one, but no, I meant the popular-ish idea in 2017 that Trump was going to pivot to the centre, based on his occasional kinda-lefty statements about healthcare, and his obvious enjoyment of beating other republicans in the primary.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Krazyface posted:

That was a pretty good one, but no, I meant the popular-ish idea in 2017 that Trump was going to pivot to the centre, based on his occasional kinda-lefty statements about healthcare, and his obvious enjoyment of beating other republicans in the primary.

lol

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Syncopated posted:

What’s the 2004 bump? Some election effect?

It's slightly before 2004, so either the capture of Saddam Hussein or the release of The Return of the King.

Guze
Oct 10, 2007

Regular Human Bartender

A boy named pickle

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Comedy shows etc skewering bush and the Iraq war as opposed to the actual news organs of the show’s parent media companies. Yin and yang I guess!

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Takanago
Jun 2, 2007

You'll see...

COMPAGNIE TOMMY posted:

Comedy shows etc skewering bush and the Iraq war as opposed to the actual news organs of the show’s parent media companies. Yin and yang I guess!

the anti-bush video game

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
that cannot be real

rideANDxORdie
Jun 11, 2010

Takanago posted:

the anti-bush video game

I've never seen this but the art looks just like these games I vaguely remember where you played as a bunch of different punk/emo/indie musicians. Is it the same dude lol

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
The giant cheese wheel that's been kept in a White House closet since James Madison.

Rumsfeld's frozen underwear.

Dr. Kyle Farnsworth
Apr 23, 2004

wrong thread.

but I am thinking about the Kerry election when most of the same people were convinced Bush was done and were legitimately shocked Republicans went after a veteran because THEY SUPPORT ARE TROOP?!

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

rideANDxORdie posted:

I've never seen this but the art looks just like these games I vaguely remember where you played as a bunch of different punk/emo/indie musicians. Is it the same dude lol

Emogame, that's a throwback

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
it has been 16 years since there was a presidential election without a rapist's name on the ballot

Mycroft Holmes
Mar 26, 2010

by Azathoth

vyelkin posted:

it has been 16 years since there was a presidential election without a rapist's name on the ballot

john mccain raped someone?

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Mycroft Holmes posted:

john mccain raped someone?

vp nominee names go on the ballot

babypolis
Nov 4, 2009

mooyashi posted:

that cannot be real

it is extremely real, i played it way back then lmao

thetan_guy42
Oct 15, 2016

murdera

Lipstick Apathy
"at least i dont plaster on the make up like a trollop you oval office" - John mccain. happier times :unsmith:

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
john mccain was the best candidate republicans put forward since eisenhower who didn't want to be one change my mind

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
he was a cruel, greedy hypocrite. so, a standard republican candidate rather than an exceptional one.

this reminds me of how funny it is that mccain is dead, laid low by a heroic tumor.

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

mooyashi posted:

john mccain was the best candidate republicans put forward since eisenhower who didn't want to be one change my mind

lol someone's forgetting lieberman

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

mooyashi posted:

I don't know enough about Gerald Ford to do so, but it's where I'd start if I were to try

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

LastInLine posted:

I don't know enough about Gerald Ford to do so, but it's where I'd start if I were to try

gerald ford was the lacroix of 20th century republicans

Big Dick Cheney
Mar 30, 2007
He's not a Muslim! He's a family man!

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
that rubbercat comic is fifteen years old lol

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Wonder what rubbercat is up to these days

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS
Remember when Republicans argued that if people had free healthcare, they would act in ways that imperilled their health?

It turns out that that was all projection.

Action Jacktion
Jun 3, 2003

pictured: the average c-spam poster

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Action Jacktion posted:

pictured: the average c-spam poster

I was gonna say, it's definitely me

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.

mooyashi posted:

Didn't Eisenhower mostly run to stop Macarthur?

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

LastInLine posted:

Gerald Ford was never a candidate, so the streak is strong

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

mooyashi posted:

"terror alert level" color chart

This is on topic

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

Gerald Ford was never a candidate, so the streak is strong

1976 vs Carter?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fuzzy McDoom
Oct 9, 2007

-MORE MONEY FOR US

-FUCK...YOU KNOW, THE THING

LastInLine posted:

1976 vs Carter?

Oh yeah, woops.

Well he sucked anyways. Arguably he sucked less than other Republicans of the last 50 years but he is still responsible for unleashing both Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney into executive power