Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Are... are there no pitfalls in this one?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phenotype
Jul 24, 2007

You must defeat Sheng Long to stand a chance.

Macaluso posted:

So I didn't realize how inviting people to your island worked. I've got three randos coming over now. After looking them up, one of them I want out of there as soon as possible. When you finally get someone to move out, does their house then become a vacant lot that you can go and find someone to fill or will it automatically fill it with a random villager right away?

Which villager, and what makes them so awful you want to kick them out? I wasn't crazy about some of mine, but they've mostly all grown on me. Eunice seemed boring, but she's just shy and tries to make friends and I can't do that to her! I've got Bud who's a pretty cool workout guy, shredded, Pinky who's a kpop dancer or something, and Filbert who also seemed kinda lame, but he's sweet and I caught him singing with Pinky in the plaza, so I think he's a part of the village now too. The only one I'm iffy on is Plucky, and it's just cause he seems really generic.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Guys my town is going to look so good tomorrow I actually can't stand it.

Like its a hodgepodge of ideas that I somehow tied together and the end result actually has me staggered to the point I'm worried I won't be able to remodel it down the line if a new idea hits me. It's just like... so, so good looking. The second these green fences go away I'm tempted to open it to visitors that just want to mill about.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Like its a hodgepodge of ideas that I somehow tied together and the end result actually has me staggered to the point I'm worried I won't be able to remodel it down the line if a new idea hits me. It's just like... so, so good looking. The second these green fences go away I'm tempted to open it to visitors that just want to mill about.

You're gonna post pics, right?

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

You better at least post some pics to prove it, that's some hotshot talk!

Moose-Alini
Sep 11, 2001

Not always so
I have Sahara in town selling an animated misty-garden wall and highway road floor.

Also it’s raining if anyone’s down for that.

Fruit aplenty too!

Dodo closed

Moose-Alini fucked around with this message at 20:17 on Mar 27, 2020

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Phenotype posted:

Which villager, and what makes them so awful you want to kick them out? I wasn't crazy about some of mine, but they've mostly all grown on me. Eunice seemed boring, but she's just shy and tries to make friends and I can't do that to her! I've got Bud who's a pretty cool workout guy, shredded, Pinky who's a kpop dancer or something, and Filbert who also seemed kinda lame, but he's sweet and I caught him singing with Pinky in the plaza, so I think he's a part of the village now too. The only one I'm iffy on is Plucky, and it's just cause he seems really generic.

Some stupid cow is gonna be moving in. I hate them already. The villager I really want is that strawberry cake rhino. So when I get to the point where a villager can move out, will they leave an empty lot or does that lot get auto filled with a new rando?

FBS
Apr 27, 2015

The real fun of living wisely is that you get to be smug about it.

If I I demolish a bridge, is it gone immediately or do I have to wait a day?

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

lezard_valeth posted:

Yeah but the 3ds was a portatile, whereas the Switch is a home console first

sorry this was a few pages back but the answer to this is that thats not how nintendo view the switch at all

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Electric Phantasm posted:

You're gonna post pics, right?

Will do!

There's just a lot of green fencing from me moving buildings or waiting for a ramp to be built and whatnot so I'm kind of wanting to wait for that to finish first :v:

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

your SA posts always make me happy

I would really like to visit it :)

Captain Ironblood
Nov 9, 2009

man nurse posted:

Are... are there no pitfalls in this one?

Pitfalls exist, and you can get a DIY recipe for them

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

Quoted for a new day:

lunar detritus posted:

If you're visiting an online island, an old friend has an important message for you:

Seabhac
Sep 12, 2009
Hmm crashed, sorry if anyone missed their sweet grape hats.

Edit: also thanks for the seeds guys!

Seabhac fucked around with this message at 17:57 on Mar 27, 2020

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!

Moose-Alini posted:

I have Sahara in town selling an animated misty-garden wall and highway road floor.

Also it’s raining if anyone’s down for that.

Fruit aplenty too!

Dodo: 3W8YT

Thanks!

Not a Children
Oct 9, 2012

Don't need a holster if you never stop shooting.

I'm getting really frustrated with my river layouts. My upper level requires 3 pole vaults to get across, and a few ladder transitions as well if I want to check on everything. Will I be able to change them in the future?

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!

Oh my god. Some of these are just baffling.

Lateralis (Tool) D-A-GA-C-A-GAGAZ
M*A*S*H TV Opening e-f-ef-e-f-e-d--

Schindler's List Theme b-BfBfCBGbGaGAB-

Cattail Prophet
Apr 12, 2014

Guys, I think Phoebe is going through some stuff. She's started wearing a track jacket and those douchebag sunglasses, and she's always lifting weights. She's not even my jock villager! I'm starting to worry about her. :ohdear:

On a happier note, Ribbot and Cookie were sipping tea together in the plaza this morning. They even had an extra chair set up for me to join them. :3:

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Can you use sharps or flats or is this strictly C major

GI_Clutch
Aug 22, 2000

by Fluffdaddy
Dinosaur Gum

I had to check, and yep, my Simpsons theme rendition is in there. I posted it to some Animal Crossing site back in the day. poo poo, I have ten songs on there. Some I made for myself, others were requests. I'm CapnScurvy on that list.

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

I got the digital copy of the game back on release date and saw some people around with the Raccoon Gang tag, could I possibly get that tag as well please?

Also, I do like to open my island up a little if people want to hang out. I have all of the fruit and don't mind if people pick them.

Bean
Sep 9, 2001
I have turnips at 586. What’s the easy way to do this, friend code or dodo code?

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Bean posted:

I have turnips at 586. What’s the easy way to do this, friend code or dodo code?
Dodo's easier because anyone can use it without you having to pop out of the game to friend them.

cheeeeesecake
Aug 16, 2003
Awwyayaya back up for business though I’ll be afk for the most part

Sahara is here
Main fruit is peaches
Turnips around 150
North hemisphere and sunny

Dc: Fdjtp

cheeeeesecake fucked around with this message at 18:59 on Mar 27, 2020

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

Stuck sick in bed today (hopefully it's nothing...) but I went and made a small little outdoor pizzeria.

The French Army
Mar 28, 2013

:france: Honneur et Patrie :france:

I have been researching trees intensely by shaking and banging them. The results are interesting.

It would seem that any one tree except palms will produce an infinite number of branches as long as you clear the spaces they drop on.

Fruit bearing trees will never spawn wasp nests if they have fruit on them.

There are a total of five wasp nest spawns on your island.

The color of the tree is unrelated to the wood it produces. Cedars, deciduous and palm trees all spawn each type of wood except bamboo. Bamboo spawns only bamboo.

Sydin
Oct 29, 2011

Another spring commute
So I've actually got a ton of work to do this morning, so leaving my island up.

Northern Hemisphere
Raining all morning but looked like it might clear up as I entered the airport, so :shrug:
Bell prices are only 65 so don't bother lol
Sahara is here, offering these rugs, wallpaper, and flooring (sorry for the lovely phone pics):

The ocean and top layer of the clouds in the wallpaper both move, albeit it's fairly subtle.

Island has loads of peaches, and a small smattering or oranges, apples, and coconuts. Anybody willing to drop missing fruits for me would be much appreciated. :)

Code: closed

Will probably be up until noon.

Sydin fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Mar 27, 2020

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Shoehead posted:

Stuck sick in bed today (hopefully it's nothing...) but I went and made a small little outdoor pizzeria.

I am absolutely stealing this idea.

Color Printer
May 9, 2011

You get used to it. I don't
even see the code. All I see
is Ipecac, Scapular, Polyphemus...

Color Printer posted:

There are islands with money rocks??????????? I've hit every rock on every island I've been to!

So guess what the very next island I saw this morning was lmfao

Kite Pride Worldwide
Apr 20, 2009

Phenotype posted:

Eunice seemed boring, but she's just shy and tries to make friends and I can't do that to her!

Eunice is a gentle loving sheep mama and she will dote on you and bake you pies so look after her :colbert:

Kite Pride Worldwide fucked around with this message at 18:44 on Mar 27, 2020

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

My island is open: MC59W

It's a sad little northern hemisphere island that is mostly run by my 6 year old. We have a few cherries and some oranges and coconuts. It's raining today, though.

Not much to offer, but if you're bored, I'll be idling while I work!

Edit: Back up!

mutata fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Mar 27, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

When you move shops and stuff will they close down until the move is complete?

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

Sydin posted:

So I've actually got a ton of work to do this morning, so leaving my island up.

Northern Hemisphere
Raining all morning but looked like it might clear up as I entered the airport, so :shrug:
Bell prices are only 65 so don't bother lol
Sahara is here, offering these rugs, wallpaper, and flooring (sorry for the lovely phone pics):

The ocean and top layer of the clouds in the wallpaper both move, albeit it's fairly subtle.

Island has loads of peaches, and a small smattering or oranges, apples, and coconuts. Anybody willing to drop missing fruits for me would be much appreciated. :)

Code: JJQJ8

Will probably be up until noon.

On my way, need that flooring

Casu Marzu
Oct 20, 2008

https://twitter.com/PostsCrossing/status/1243596209593282560

:neckbeard:

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I'm working on a wrasslin bedroom

JD-Smith
Apr 30, 2009

YOU WILL OBEY.

Seabhac posted:

Hmm crashed, sorry if anyone missed their sweet grape hats.

Edit: also thanks for the seeds guys!

No prob. I got a hat/shades combo for my bud and I.

Books On Tape
Dec 26, 2003

Future of the franchise
Is there a limit to the number of bridges I can build? I want to completely cover my rivers in them. If I can’t find Stringfish, no one will.

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

History Comes Inside! posted:

I'm working on a wrasslin bedroom

I want a full set of luchadors but I only have the pink one so far

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
For the people saying to use the airport to leave... my friend left while I was standing right next to him, and we got the airport cutscene. I got no messages about him leaving quietly.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Frankston posted:

I want a full set of luchadors but I only have the pink one so far

If you wanna put up a code I can bring them along to touch-trade them into your catalogue if you can do the same with the pink?