Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EoinCannon
Aug 29, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Bill Posters posted:

Well spotted. That is indeed Armstrong Street.

Dunno about the lockout laws, pretty sure they don't have any now.

Ballarat is good because instead of just having good and bad areas (although there are a couple of bad ones) pretty much every street has a mixture of people on it. So just about every rich bastard has to spend some of their time looking at a falling down shithole with a couch on the front lawn.

We also have a fair few blow ins from the big lovely (including me) since the houses are relatively affordable and the commute to Spencer street is not much more than an hour.

I grew up in Ballarat and moved to Melbourne ages ago for work. I like it and I'd happily move back (could actually afford a house there) but there's no work for me there. Maybe this period of enforced working from home could be a proof of concept though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I'm tripping right now... Don't fuck this up for me.

I commute in 3 days a week (at least I did) and work from home for 2. Since I work right in the CBD, it's not too bad at all. If you work anywhere else that isn't on the train line though it would suck a lot.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

zubraman posted:

LOL. Most knifemakers want to project a degree of success, so no.

The zubraman thing actually comes from a hilarious misunderstanding involving pirate DVDs. My Egyptian mate really hosed me over on that one.

To be fair, the first Zebraman movie, was loving fantastic

https://youtu.be/A2b0XcWRX-I

Kharnifex fucked around with this message at 10:41 on Mar 27, 2020

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

Malcolm Turnbeug posted:

I thought that was bendigo but tbh I get those two confused a lot

Brendan Jones, 42 is extremely disappointed.

In happy news, my phone automatically suggested the 42 after i typed out 'Brendan Jones'.

Inkfish
Mar 1, 2015

Why do so many of you know about Ballarat

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

Bill Posters posted:

Brendan Jones, 42 is extremely disappointed.

In happy news, my phone automatically suggested the 42 after i typed out 'Brendan Jones'.

my ballarat ex has a brother who she once claimed could totally smoke more cones than me because he's a real country boy not a weirdo in betweener like me. he was so so wrong.

Bill Posters
Apr 27, 2007

I got stung three times by euro wasps today while trying to build a sandpit for the kids. I'm still honestly kind of blown away by how much it hurt.

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
I burned the poo poo out of my leg with hot lamb fat. It loving cained

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
I dropped today and my muscles are ripping themselves apart now

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Jestery posted:

I dropped today and my muscles are ripping themselves apart now

Sounds like good acid

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

Cops are out fining people 1k each for driving around at night without a good reason in Sydney

Mr Chips
Jun 27, 2007
Whose arse do I have to blow smoke up to get rid of this baby?

Kharnifex posted:

Cops are out fining people 1k each for driving around at night without a good reason in Sydney

Waiting for a dunny roll, mate

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
OK what's this and can anybody tell me what he wants because he's scaring the cat.

https://i.imgur.com/QKwgpG7.mp4

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

I'm pretty sure thats a King Cricket. My cat would take no hesitation in ripping that things head off.

Raged
Jul 21, 2003

A revolution of beats

Mr Chips posted:

Waiting for a dunny roll, mate

drat near cried when I went back to Bathurst to and the Woolies there had big roll.

Move into the new house and the last fucker who lived here took the NBN HFC modem with them even though it had a big ole label saying "PROPERTY OF THE NBN".

Now I have to wait for NBN tech and pray they get here for NSW goes into total lockdown. Dont make me go through lockdown without the ability to stream TV 24/7. Free to air is sooooo bad.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
Won the dunny paper lotto at coles this morning they were putting out a fresh pallet as I got there but Id imagine its all gone by now

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

iRend posted:

OK what's this and can anybody tell me what he wants because he's scaring the cat.

https://i.imgur.com/QKwgpG7.mp4

Striped Raspy Cricket, they eat other grasshoppers , wicked bite on them!

That's a female.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

i got bitten by some kind of grasshopper when I was a kid and it drew a heap of blood to the point where that was when I learned about applying pressure to wounds from that and i've always had what I thought was an irrational fear of them since then but looking at that I feel like maybe I am entirely rational and it was probably her that did it

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Prepared the large raised bed for sowing brassicas and carrots. I don't usually grow either but I'm losing my mind being confined to home. I even put the mini greenhouses together to protect them from pests.

Dr. Garbanzo
Sep 14, 2010
To prepare myself for working from home I cleaned my entire desk so that it feels a little less chaotic come monday morning.

naeka
Sep 1, 2008

grasshoppers & crickets are cute as heck and i loved runnin around catching em as a kid. i always had atleast 1 in an enclosure until i was a teenager and got my blue tongue lizard who used crickets as a primary food source and i had to start buying em in bulk instead of catching some here or there as pets.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum
Judging by the fact that the neighbours are mowing their lawn, I'd say they're having a party tonight

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

If you report them to the authorities do you get good citizen points?

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007
I love my family but is anyone else having issues today ; people wanting to see you or come over to visit or Catch up??! Its fairly hard to avoid the news or all the warnings around the place.

I know the government hasnt been crystal clear but a lot of these work in healthcare and definitely would be aware of most of the rules or strong advisories about Not seeing anyone you dont live with as much as you can possibly achieve..

Or they are just bored or cannot handle being at home? My mum in law thinks we are discriminating against her cause shes a doctor; and we know shes had infected patients at her clinic as well. Doesnt make sense but so far they are at least taking NO or listening to us.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

the dude who owns the community broadband company is currently live streaming a karaoke concert and its v cringe but also making my day bless him

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

the weed in my body has seeped out and been replaced with sweatiness, i am the sweatiest man alive

iRend
Jun 21, 2004

MOTHER, DID YOU eeeeeayyyyy.... ooooooaaa... ff.

NITROUS DIVISION
P sure I was confused by a raspy cricket 10 years ago kharn and you ID'd it then too hahaha

e: yep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEvdhJ36YOI

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

stirlo posted:

I love my family but is anyone else having issues today ; people wanting to see you or come over to visit or Catch up??! It’s fairly hard to avoid the news or all the warnings around the place.

I know the government hasn’t been crystal clear but a lot of these work in healthcare and definitely would be aware of most of the rules or strong advisories about Not seeing anyone you don’t live with as much as you can possibly achieve..

Or they are just bored or cannot handle being at home? My mum in law thinks we are discriminating against her cause she’s a doctor; and we know she’s had infected patients at her clinic as well. Doesn’t make sense but so far they are at least taking NO or listening to us.

My neighbour is a nurse. I think it's a combination of boredom and not wanting to cancel planned events.

I also think that our messaging leaves too much up to individual interpretation and we need to follow the UK and be much more specific (even though some people in the UK are finding creative ways to break the rules).

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Caesar Saladin posted:

this poo poo has turned my dad insane, I got a package from jb hi fi and he went and googled Coronavirus Cardboard and sent me an article about how it can live on packages. His brain has broke.

What's the issue here? I work for an online retailer handling packages all day and they sent me home because I have mild asthma.

Also used to be a postie in Canada and they warned us that the packages are covered in horrible poo poo at the best of times.

Outrail
Jan 4, 2009

www.sapphicrobotica.com
:roboluv: :love: :roboluv:

Lolie posted:

Prepared the large raised bed for sowing brassicas and carrots. I don't usually grow either but I'm losing my mind being confined to home. I even put the mini greenhouses together to protect them from pests.

Our house is looking at scraping by on government handouts this year so we're already planning our victory garden. Fuckton of tomatoes, spuds and unfortunately kale, because that poo poo will outlive the cockroaches and grows like something that grows really fast.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

iRend posted:

P sure I was confused by a raspy cricket 10 years ago kharn and you ID'd it then too hahaha

e: yep https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oEvdhJ36YOI

We have some impressively spiny/spiky/bitey katydids and crickets here, always wanted a parktown prawn or weta tho.

Megabound
Oct 20, 2012

We were going to host a party tonight but have moved it into an online group video chat. My coworkers and I had lunch together over the internet and it was actually super nice and fun. We all got phones with cameras these days and I'd highly recommend doing sinilar.

In other news we were going for a cycle today and the river walk down in front of Newstead (the moneyed area) is fucken packed with a full open air market going on. I'm moving all my cycles to the local bike tracks from now on as the more affluent areas of the city are absolutely not taking this seriously.

My local farmers market was pretty empty and well spaced out, I want to continue going there to keep on supporting the little guys. Woolies and Coles can gently caress right off, earning money hand over fist and not paying danger pay and the like to their most vulnerable workers. My downstairs neighbour is the manager of the local Aldi and they get bonuses based on sales. They doubled this last month and he all he saw was an extra $100.

Carlos Lantana
Oct 2, 2003

I'm really sorry, your avatar is giving me a boner and while that is perfectly OK and I don't want to kink shame anyone, its making me feel really weird getting a boner in a Trump thread.

Sincerely,

Jailbrekr

Caesar Saladin posted:

the weed in my body has seeped out and been replaced with sweatiness, i am the sweatiest man alive

Long hot showers really help.

stirlo
Aug 12, 2007

Lolie posted:

My neighbour is a nurse. I think it's a combination of boredom and not wanting to cancel planned events.

I also think that our messaging leaves too much up to individual interpretation and we need to follow the UK and be much more specific (even though some people in the UK are finding creative ways to break the rules).

My cousin only canceled her wedding last Friday. Concerning amount of people only began changing their lifestyle or stopped travelling around for work or fun when they were prevented from doing so by multiple governments and the threat of illness/worse...

She had planned to get married. In ITALY... not such a weird idea since her fiancs family is all over there ; but it took her quite a while to decide and I dont even want to ask her how his side is doing.. :/

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Outrail posted:

Fuckton of tomatoes, spuds and unfortunately kale, because that poo poo will outlive the cockroaches and grows like something that grows really fast.

Climbing spinach and perpetual spinach grow like crazy if you want fast growing leafy greens.

Lolie
Jun 4, 2010

AUSGBS Thread Mum

Megabound posted:

In other news we were going for a cycle today and the river walk down in front of Newstead (the moneyed area) is fucken packed with a full open air market going on. I'm moving all my cycles to the local bike tracks from now on as the more affluent areas of the city are absolutely not taking this seriously.

Coronavirus cases are heavily weighted towards affluent areas in Sydney and Melbourne, too.

In the UK, people have been driving to nice locations to do their one period of allowed exercise per day. The same will happen here if we don't think about what loopholes people will use to get around any new restrictions.

As far as the backpackers who are ignoring the rules to party at places like Byron go, deport them immediately and let them get sick in their own countries.

Lolie fucked around with this message at 04:40 on Mar 28, 2020

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Weed withdrawal sweats are more sweaty than any other type of withdrawal sweats ive had. Wake up second guessing if its sweat or piss cause theres so much if it

Jestery
Aug 2, 2016

Not a Dickman, just a shape
Plonked down a little Victory garden today

A combo of radishes and onions , with wombok kale okra and the like

It's pretty fun but I'm buggered now

Caesar Saladin
Aug 15, 2004

Lolie posted:

Coronavirus cases are heavily weighted towards affluent areas in Sydney and Melbourne, too.

I'm living with my parents in one of those fancy melbourne suburbs and the stupid idiots who flew from Aspen and went to a big party live like, five minutes from me, they definitely use my shopping center.

Isaac posted:

Weed withdrawal sweats are more sweaty than any other type of withdrawal sweats ive had. Wake up second guessing if its sweat or piss cause theres so much if it

I soaked a real visible puddle into the sheets last night. I guess its child's play compared to detoxing from alcohol though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Did not expect to see this at Woolies