Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

:laffo:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=J_NOoKCrv2w

the queen tweeted this haha

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I’m surprised that people think Kim winning would be a disappointing outcome. She had a really strong win against arguably the weakest cast ever, I think her pulling off a second one against all winners would be extremely entertaining.

I also like that Sophie was kind of an under-the-radar winner in her season, and in the last episode Adam seemed to literally forget about her for no reason when looking for idols. I’d be happy to see her go far as well, and think she’s set up well to do it.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

I think the thing is that when people fantasized about Kim winning before, they were imagining her doing cool mastermind poo poo and not simply going under the radar and just being the least objectionable person at the end. Or at least, the latter is my read on what Kim is trying to do to scrape by at the moment.

That's a totally legit way to win the game and if Kim wins by doing that she deserves her win by definition, its just not the most exciting kind of win in the world.

Adus
Nov 4, 2009

heck
that ethan poo poo is great. if he was the one to come back from EoE and win i would not be upset. but i also know that's impossible because the right move would be to just vote him out again immediately.

i don't really know who i want to win, though. if i had to go with my gut i'd say i like sophie, nick, and michelle right now.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm hoping with the merge we start getting more time with the people still in the game. I'm sure editing this was a nightmare with so many personalities to track and not three tribes plus the edge to cut between. Some players that I really like haven't gotten a whole lot of airtime because they just haven't been to tribal a whole lot.

I wonder if they will include the immunity idol from extinction this time around when the player gets back into the game. Everyone should know that is a thing this time around.

Max fucked around with this message at 13:56 on Mar 27, 2020

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

The queen giving two middle fingers to edge was perfect for me.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Yeah I loved her just peacing out immediately.

I was thinking through where the three tribes are right now, and I'm hoping this will be a really difficult merge to navigate for everyone.

Of the remaining players, there are (from my view) two tight working relationships in Denise/Jeremy/Kim and Sophie/Sarah. Those will be difficult alliances to split up since they have both had situations where they worked well together and built trust without making too many waves. Nick and Michelle are OK but that seems to be an alliance of convenience since neither was really in danger that last tribal they sat in on.

I can see Tony jumping ship and joining up with Sarah again and we will maybe finally get Cop-R-Us going without it being cut short. Similarly, I just don't see Adam working well with Ben and can see him pealing off to work with Denise since that alliance seemed to work OK before the swap, though she did leave him out of the vote so he may feel uncomfortable there.

I'm not sure who Wendell has left in the game as a strong partnership except for Michelle, and his challenge prowess will probably lead to being a bigger problem for him in the long run.

Maybe tribal lines will remain when the merge happens, but I feel like this group is way too meta to care too much about those pre-swap allegiances. And then there's the wild card of whoever returns to the game from EoE.

IcePhoenix
Sep 18, 2005

Take me to your Shida

Max posted:

I wonder if they will include the immunity idol from extinction this time around when the player gets back into the game. Everyone should know that is a thing this time around.

Looks like they have to buy it

IcePhoenix posted:

Last three on the EoE one are Bottle of Wine, Six Pack Cold Beer, and Hammock. Natalie and Tony didn't mention anything else when they were reading it off so that should be it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Good luck convincing the living players if this, I guess.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If I'm Rob I'm buying that idol with his new three fire tokens.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
Once someone wins their way back in and it's known that Extinction is over, everyone at extinction will give them all their fire tokens to rep the Old Schoolers

Or, they would if production doesn't make a rule about it

Max
Nov 30, 2002

The Bloop posted:

Once someone wins their way back in and it's known that Extinction is over, everyone at extinction will give them all their fire tokens to rep the Old Schoolers

I wonder if people will have learned from EoE and immediately try to boot the person that returns, because that is a solid group over there.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Is there a potential returnee besides Yul that has obvious strong relationships among the remaining players?

Maybe Parv+Michelle and Natalie+Jeremy? I don't know why anyone would be eager to keep Amber/Danni/Ethan/Tyson/Rob around.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Pinterest Mom posted:

Is there a potential returnee besides Yul that has obvious strong relationships among the remaining players?

Maybe Parv+Michelle and Natalie+Jeremy? I don't know why anyone would be eager to keep Amber/Danni/Ethan/Tyson/Rob around.

They might keep them as a goat

I mean, they shouldn't, but they might

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'm really hoping the remaining players take one look at the EoE/Jury and dismiss that thought from their mind immediately.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Pinterest Mom posted:

POKER ALLIANCE

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Max posted:

I can see Tony jumping ship and joining up with Sarah again and we will maybe finally get Cop-R-Us going without it being cut short. Similarly, I just don't see Adam working well with Ben and can see him pealing off to work with Denise since that alliance seemed to work OK before the swap, though she did leave him out of the vote so he may feel uncomfortable there.
You never know how things will turn in Survivor and with some time but Denise seemed genuinely bothered by Adam ratting to Rob and selling her out. I think Adam made the kind of mistake that can be fatal by betraying so many people so early in the game, and not even having it work out. That can make a lasting impression and Denise was trusting Adam with her idol stuff before that so it leaves a mark. But stuff changes, Adam might be desperate for allies, Denise might need numbers or be able to get past it. But its possible Adam's got a better chance with people he hasn't burned.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Pinterest Mom posted:

Amber has the lowest threat level out of any of them other than maybe Danni, especially now that Rob is on Edge. You could target her for having a locked up jury vote, but that’s it.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

STAC Goat posted:

You never know how things will turn in Survivor and with some time but Denise seemed genuinely bothered by Adam ratting to Rob and selling her out. I think Adam made the kind of mistake that can be fatal by betraying so many people so early in the game, and not even having it work out. That can make a lasting impression and Denise was trusting Adam with her idol stuff before that so it leaves a mark. But stuff changes, Adam might be desperate for allies, Denise might need numbers or be able to get past it. But its possible Adam's got a better chance with people he hasn't burned.

Oh yeah, I think Adam is going to be the one to come running to that group if it happens, and she may string him along as a number, who knows. But Adam has played from the bottom before and made it. I just don't feel like he's getting the winner edit at the moment, but we haven't hit the merge yet so who knows. The editors have certainly been taking any chance they can to make fun of him.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

Since we’re in the worst timeline I predict Ben/Adam/Sarah final three.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I feel like Sarah is actually playing well so far.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

She is, and she's actually a pretty good player.

People just don't like her.

Big Taint
Oct 19, 2003

She is I just don’t like her.

Edit: ya what he said ^^^^

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I don't really have strong feelings one way or another on Sarah. I think she's a pretty good player and like she plays kinda dirty. But I think a lot of players play dirty buts he just doesn't have that Rob/Parv/Sandra/Tyson charm to make you laugh at it. I guess the real knock against her might be that she seems to play in a way that other players see as very emotionally manipulative, but like it wasn't bad enough to cost her a jury vote so I dunno.

Lone Goat
Apr 16, 2003

When life gives you lemons, suplex those lemons.

The Bloop posted:

prob the same rule that lets you get voted out with an idol in your pocket and not pass it to someone

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Sarah's been more fun this season so I'm okay with that.

I think for the remaining cast, I'd like a Sophie/Michele win, maybe a Denise win. Jeremy and Kim are in the 'I'd be fine if they win but they haven't done anything to sell me on it yet' camp.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Sophie, Sarah, Michelle, and Denise are all the ones who like right now I've got nothing against and have done enough so far this season that I wouldn't mind watching them continue to play well and take control of the game. I do think Michelle has been a little weird with the Wendell stuff but he's blown her out of the water in that regard and made her at least seem like the more reasonable one. But I also came in pretty neutral on all 4 and Jeremy's still in there as one of my pre-season favorites who hasn't done anything to make me dislike him or think he's playing poorly or anything.

So I'm still good with rooting options.

Khanstant
Apr 5, 2007
I think I'm with you there 100% STAC. To be honest, most of the people I was rooting for early was for fun. I never actually thought Parvati would even make the merge, as much as I wanted her too. Basically all of these awesome people were always going to be the most targeted ones, this is still a season of survivor. By the end you rarely ever get someone you were rooting for from the start, all the most likeable people basically always gotta go.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Yeah, I think I was genuinely rooting for Natalie, Yul, and Sandra. I didn't really think Sandra could pull it off but its more fun to believe in the queen. But Natalie and Yul both bummed me a little. The rest are like entertaining characters but I was never invested in the idea of a Tyson win or something. And their characters aren't gone (I mean, besides Sandra... and wherever Danni disappeared to).

But I came in pretty neutral-to-positive on this cast in general and I didn't really dislike anyone. And only Adam, Nick, and Wendell have really come off bad and Adam's just kind of whiny, Nick's just a little creepy with the Parv stuff, and Wendell's thing is obviously personal relationship stuff. So no one is a "villain" to me or anything. So like... I'm still good with the open cast even if like the idea of a Ben, Adam, Nick, Kim F4 doesn't excite me. But hey, maybe one of them turns it on and makes that scenario interesting. We've seen them do it before.

Its the low key benefit of the all winners season. Everyone's a proven player to some degree or another so theres no real goats or floaters.

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova
The Wendell-Michele dynamic is one of my favorite things in this season; it's absolutely fascinating to me. I would assume it's what that one poster said and they're putting on a show to make people think they're not working together, but it feels like Michele is talking about it in confessional way too much for that to be the case. Got me way more invested than I thought I would be in two players I didn't really care about coming in

Even beyond losing a bunch of quality characters, the biggest bummer about the old school wipeout is that it's gonna justify Jeff's "The game has changed too much for early season players to keep up!" angle.

freeman
Aug 14, 2018
I think the Nick/Parv stuff was more awkward than creepy. If he's not leering or Daning it up who cares lol.

Feels like Adam's game is totally dead at this point. He recovered well in his season but I don't see him getting votes at the end with this cast.

freeman fucked around with this message at 03:15 on Mar 28, 2020

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

freeman posted:

I think the Nick/Parv stuff was more awkward than creepy. If he's not leering or Daning it up who cares lol.

It definitely was more "socially awkward teen" than "sex pest." How bad it was is probably something for Parv to decide. My point was none of those things were like "VILLAIN" level for me or something that had me rooting against them. They're just the worst stuff on the table this season. Nick being an awkward loser being one of the worst things I can say about this cast is a good thing.

xbilkis posted:

Even beyond losing a bunch of quality characters, the biggest bummer about the old school wipeout is that it's gonna justify Jeff's "The game has changed too much for early season players to keep up!" angle.
I think there's truth to the "change" thing. Yul and Sandra both outsmarted themselves over those tokens. Rob was playing social group power games that don't necessarily work with more pro-active players. The Poker Alliance all seemed caught flat footed that people would group them together and target them. I don't think old school players are incapable of keeping up with new school, but they did get their asses beat this time out.

If nothing else its fun to listen to how salty Rob C is about the insult.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
It's Parvati, I'm sure she's encountered way worse/creepier stuff from fans.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I'm sure. I still imagine it wasn't as charming as Nick seemed to hope.

Like I said, I wasn't bringing it up to paint him as something. I was just saying its like the low bar of bad we've got with this cast vs past seasons. Fingers crossed that's as bad as it gets the rest of the way.

SteveVizsla
Mar 19, 2009

Why do I always want to sock it to you so hard?

STAC Goat posted:

Yeah, I think I was genuinely rooting for Natalie, Yul, and Sandra. I didn't really think Sandra could pull it off but its more fun to believe in the queen. But Natalie and Yul both bummed me a little. The rest are like entertaining characters but I was never invested in the idea of a Tyson win or something. And their characters aren't gone (I mean, besides Sandra... and wherever Danni disappeared to).

But I came in pretty neutral-to-positive on this cast in general and I didn't really dislike anyone. And only Adam, Nick, and Wendell have really come off bad and Adam's just kind of whiny, Nick's just a little creepy with the Parv stuff, and Wendell's thing is obviously personal relationship stuff. So no one is a "villain" to me or anything. So like... I'm still good with the open cast even if like the idea of a Ben, Adam, Nick, Kim F4 doesn't excite me. But hey, maybe one of them turns it on and makes that scenario interesting. We've seen them do it before.

Its the low key benefit of the all winners season. Everyone's a proven player to some degree or another so theres no real goats or floaters.

Nick clarified on twitter that Parv had just told him that he was her father-in-law's favorite player ever, so he was probably trying to share back and it came out super awkwardly.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

SteveVizsla posted:

Nick clarified on twitter that Parv had just told him that he was her father-in-law's favorite player ever, so he was probably trying to share back and it came out super awkwardly.

Extremely harsh, given that her father-in-law's son played on Survivor.

curiousCat
Sep 23, 2012

Does this look like the face of mercy, kupo?

Pinterest Mom posted:

incredible, actually

The Lord Bude
May 23, 2007

ASK ME ABOUT MY SHITTY, BOUGIE INTERIOR DECORATING ADVICE

Pinterest Mom posted:

Who is her father in Law's son? So this guy's Son and Daughter in law both played survivor and he likes a random stranger the most? what a dick.

That aside, I'd be a tad put off if I were Parvati and a dude basically walked up to me and effectively said 'oh hey FYI I used to jack off to pictures of you when I was a kid'

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

freeman
Aug 14, 2018

Pinterest Mom posted:

Well his son DID vote for Russell to win.