Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Jesus Christ new bridges are expensive. I was expecting to just learn a recipe for the basic one at this point and have to pay for fancy ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Sekenr posted:

Museum is like 20 times bigger than island itself. Also, considering how miles are awarded for literally everything you do, there is weirdly little for donating

They probably figured it would be redundant with the critterpedia achievements, as you get Nook Miles for uncovering new fish and bugs.

Froist
Jun 6, 2004

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If it's like older games you tend to see rarer fish when it's raining so that's a nice boon if it holds up :v:

Thanks, I popped by and got my first Blue Marlin! Also took a few oranges to plant (as I didn't have those) and left you some cherries. Nice town you've got there :)

Helicoprion
Oct 31, 2010
CLOSED thanks everyone!
Mabel is in town with lots of pink stuff and cool pilot shades.
Norther hemisphere native fruit is apples, take all the apples you want.
Turnip prices 72.

Dodo code is closed

Thanks and enjoy

Helicoprion fucked around with this message at 13:41 on Mar 28, 2020

Copicat
Jan 25, 2014

jibberin' Ghibli giblets!
Island is now closed!

Dodo code from earlier:

https://twitter.com/lacentforte/status/1243869234423201792?s=21

Copicat fucked around with this message at 14:42 on Mar 28, 2020

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
I put a bunch of my favorite albums on my wall.

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

Bleck posted:

This is such a good idea, I love it. Finally going to have to take the plunge and learn how to use that image maker.

Xelkelvos
Dec 19, 2012
Day 2 of my new game and I've donated what I can to get the Museum set up, found Gulliver for the first time and dug up his parts, and got everything but the iron nuggets for the Town Hall. I could theoretically grind out Miles to go to islands to crack rocks for more iron, but idk if it's worth the hassle to try and get that done in one day. Same with paying off the Basic House upgrade.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
Do gloves not exist in this game? I've seen so many shoes and socks, but I have yet to see gloves.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
I don't think Animal Crossing has ever had gloves, that I can recall. Since your 'hands' are flesh-coloured spheres and all...

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals
Can you ever visit an island in the opposite hemisphere through a Nook Miles ticket? The pilot has a passion for dropping me on islands with my native fruit, but I wondered nonetheless.

Man wants to make some bells.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Xelkelvos posted:

Found Gulliver for the first time and dug up his parts,

Yeah about that. Is there a tell for where those are?

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

Chris Pistols posted:

This is such a good idea, I love it. Finally going to have to take the plunge and learn how to use that image maker.

I’m planning on doing it as well but pissed that there’s no rectangular option for movie posters

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

ConanThe3rd posted:

The squirts on the beach - dig em

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

ConanThe3rd posted:

They look the same as clams on the beach.

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

teen witch posted:

The squirts on the beach - dig em

Ah. I thought those are bugs.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Speaking of which, do you ever get anything other than clams from those holes? IDGAF about making fish bait since there always seems to be plenty of fish about anyway.

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

Bleck posted:

There is no world in which I ever expected to see that Leo Sayer album on a wall in a video game.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
Thanks whoever dropped me apples in Snake Pit.

Anyone got Pears? I have Oranges, Cherries, Coconuts and Peaches.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I also have an album covers thing going on:

https://twitter.com/bownsgamepics/status/1243883110925656065?s=21

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Do switch friends get any notification when you open your island's gates?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Soul Glo posted:

Thanks whoever dropped me apples in Snake Pit.

Anyone got Pears? I have Oranges, Cherries, Coconuts and Peaches.

Dodo Code 24WRX, Serenity island, north hemisphere

I've got pears on my island you can come shake down. Couple oranges too, and Mabel's around, if anyone wants to stop in (I'm going away to get stoned and play some monster hunter). 7AM here so the Cranny's not open yet. I'm Johanna, on the bench on the beach

closing up shortly, thanks for coming and for the gifts :3:

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 15:11 on Mar 28, 2020

MadFriarAvelyn
Sep 25, 2007

Ya'll were right, the 8 AM music is fantastic.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

Ciaphas posted:

Dodo Code 24WRX

I've got pears on my island you can come shake down. Couple oranges too, and Mabel's around, if anyone wants to stop in (I'm going away to get stoned and play some monster hunter). 7AM here so the Cranny's not open yet

Thanks!

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Should've known better than to cheat a friend...

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

no problemo, thanks for stoppin' in

also even afk I continue to lmao at these (dis)connect loads. why is nintendo so fatally bad at Online

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:

Ciaphas posted:

I've got pears on my island you can come shake down. Couple oranges too, and Mabel's around, if anyone wants to stop in (I'm going away to get stoned and play some monster hunter). 7AM here so the Cranny's not open yet. I'm Johanna, on the bench on the beach

I took some oranges and left some apples with you. I also got an awesome skirt from Mabel. A good time was had.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Oh gently caress oh poo poo I forgot how much fun playing with theme tunes is.

The game really should've opened up residential services a few days earlier. I wonder how many people got bored of the loop and quit before getting to this point.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
I really like the 12pm music

lunar detritus
May 6, 2009

stev posted:

Oh gently caress oh poo poo I forgot how much fun playing with theme tunes is.

The game really should've opened up residential services a few days earlier. I wonder how many people got bored of the loop and quit before getting to this point.

I mean, the residential services building doesn't add that much, other than some customization and bridges at first, and all the new items are expensive so eh. People would get bored anyway if they are already sick of the loop.

lunar detritus fucked around with this message at 14:41 on Mar 28, 2020

taco show
Oct 6, 2011

motherforker

Ciaphas posted:

Thanks! FINALLY caught a sturgeon and left some butts. Now I need to offload my turnips somewhere for at least more than 85 bells

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

oh christ i think i broke the game balance by bringing back like 25 blue pansies from the rare flower island i found them on. so many peacock butterflies :stare:

i will never want for money again.

BrainDance
May 8, 2007

Disco all night long!

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

oh christ i think i broke the game balance by bringing back like 25 blue pansies from the rare flower island i found them on. so many peacock butterflies :stare:

i will never want for money again.

poo poo, is that how you get peacock butterflies?

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:
Turnip prices are awful but Mabel is visiting and I have apples near the airport for people to take.

Closed now if you want to say Hi! I'll be open for the next little while.

Thanks to everyone who came by!

iTrust fucked around with this message at 15:17 on Mar 28, 2020

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

tildes posted:

So the diagonals work ? Seems like I’m basically wasting every other row then.
Yep, diagonals work.

BrainDance posted:

Blue or purple or black flowers.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I think my overall concern for the game is that there's nothing to really spend bells on. I think they cut a little too much content out to be perfectly honest.

There's the house bill for upgrading your home- and you get a smaller home than any other game I'm pretty sure which is terrible. There's the bridges and whatnot but after that you've got nothing big to save for- removal of Gracie and her brand of stuff means there's no hyper expensive goofy sets to save up for, and most furniture items are like... 2000 bells which you can get with a single butterfly. From what I understand there's so little to buy that the shop only upgrades a single time?

I like the DIY stuff but I'm not sure if it's going to have anywhere near the lasting power as New Leaf did due to there being nothing to really save up for so quickly and I think it's a pretty fair concern to have.

I like the game and I plan to play it for as long as I can but it's lasting power just doesn't seem to be as strong.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

BrainDance posted:

yeah, blue black or purple. i grabbed every single blue and as many orange as i could fit and brought them home, thinking that peacocks would still be rare spawns and i'd need a bunch of flowers just to find one. but nope, i get like 3-6 every time i go past resident services where all the flowers are. it's absurd.

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Opening up for a bit while I run my morning chores:

J3GTY Closed!

Mabel is selling a ratty witch hat & tweed vest, stalks are around 135.

Hobo Clown fucked around with this message at 15:39 on Mar 28, 2020

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

I’m going to open my island for awhile. Southern Hemisphere, raining, turnips at 131 for the next hour, and Mable is here. I have some pears, oranges, and a handful of peaches. If you could bring a cherry or apple it’d be appreciated.

Code is now gone due to communication errors

Redczar fucked around with this message at 15:29 on Mar 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

I think my overall concern for the game is that there's nothing to really spend bells on. I think they cut a little too much content out to be perfectly honest.

There's the house bill for upgrading your home- and you get a smaller home than any other game I'm pretty sure which is terrible. There's the bridges and whatnot but after that you've got nothing big to save for- removal of Gracie and her brand of stuff means there's no hyper expensive goofy sets to save up for, and most furniture items are like... 2000 bells which you can get with a single butterfly. From what I understand there's so little to buy that the shop only upgrades a single time?

I like the DIY stuff but I'm not sure if it's going to have anywhere near the lasting power as New Leaf did due to there being nothing to really save up for so quickly and I think it's a pretty fair concern to have.

I like the game and I plan to play it for as long as I can but it's lasting power just doesn't seem to be as strong.

The house doesn't seem smaller to me, though I only have the one main expansion, no other extra rooms.

I have the complete opposite opinion on what is available to spend bells/miles on; it feels like everything is expanded by 2 or 3x. My last AC game was City Folk like ten years ago, but this feels way more robust and filled with content, even if it seems like it'll be a while before it's all truly unlocked.

And then there will be the updates, because apparently Nintendo plans on supporting this game for quite a while (it's selling like crazy, btw), so I'm looking forward to all of that.

I posted earlier ITT about how I was finally struck with just how much I was making this game my own, and that hasn't let up whatsoever since unlocking the RS building. In fact, it's gotten better in that respect.

Here's hoping Brewster shows up sometime. :ohdear:

Edit: it probably helps that my wife and I play nightly while talking with friends of ours, who are also playing.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 15:02 on Mar 28, 2020