Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Who is your first pick in the deputy leadership race?
This poll is closed.
R. Allin-Khan 6 1.60%
R. Burgon 80 21.33%
D. Butler 72 19.20%
A. Rayner 35 9.33%
I. Murray 5 1.33%
P. Flaps 177 47.20%
Total: 375 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Jaeluni Asjil posted:

was this posted? GTech told NOT to produce ventilators.

https://twitter.com/macca_khan/status/1243845717376077825?s=20

If they had any loving principles they would do it anyway and send the government the bill. They'd probably pay it.

E: 251 days ago Iran had allegedly seized a British oil tanker. Remember how we all though war with Iran would be the apocalypse?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
you love to see it

https://twitter.com/jimwaterson/status/1243880987739803649?s=20

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

Isomermaid posted:

Reasonable price is... eesh well it's the best I've found for now, I kinda have to take "exists" first. But sure cinderellashoes.com YMMV on style, there are some real clunkers but also some really nice ones, otherwise yeah it was DMs for me too

Ta.
See what you mean about 'reasonable price' but I guess we have to compare with other offerings in our size not what people with regular sized feet pay!
(I spent a dispiriting day going round the various 'large size ladies' shoes' shops in Chiltern St, London a couple of years ago. Hardly anything remotely affordable!)

sinky
Feb 22, 2011

Slippery Tilde
It spreads :unsmigghh:

quote:

The secretary of state for Scotland, Alister Jack, is self-isolating after developing coronavirus symptoms. He is the third cabinet member, after Boris Johnson and the health secretary, Matt Hancock, tested positive for Covid-19 yesterday, to self-isolate after experiencing symptoms. In the past 24 hours, Jack said he had developed a cough and mild temperature so was self-isolating and working from home. He has yet to be tested.

moostaffa
Apr 2, 2008

People always ask me about Toad, It's fantastic. Let me tell you about Toad. I do very well with Toad. I love Toad. No one loves Toad more than me, BELIEVE ME. Toad loves me. I have the best Toad.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g2EWQ4v9wbA

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Watching Sky News and finding it funny that the news broadcaster and reporter have an incredulous tone when they are saying that Germany is handling the virus better.
".....they ACTIVELY seek out carriers..." was one choice section.

suck my woke dick
Oct 10, 2012

:siren:I CANNOT EJACULATE WITHOUT SEEING NATIVE AMERICANS BRUTALISED!:siren:

Put this cum-loving slave on ignore immediately!

happyhippy posted:

Watching Sky News and finding it funny that the news broadcaster and reporter have an incredulous tone when they are saying that Germany is handling the virus better.
".....they ACTIVELY seek out carriers..." was one choice section.

Britane... not the gratest???

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear
TWO WAYOL WAWS AND WAN WAYOL CAHP :bahgawd:

Wachter
Mar 23, 2007

You and whose knees?

I like not this news, bring me some other news

forkboy84
Jun 13, 2012

Corgis love bread. And Puro

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

I have a bottle of ear wax dissolver i can post you. I'll probably never use it again because i prefer to scoop it out with a tiny spoon these days

I might take you up on this but I'll give the olive oil a couple of goes

yaffle
Sep 15, 2002

Flapdoodle
My brother is working security at a Tesco. "Fulla fuckin' morons". I hope he doesn't get it, he used to smoke and isn't the fittest 46 year old in the world. :(

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Wachter posted:

I like not this news, bring me some other news

https://twitter.com/_StephenCastle/...ingawful.com%2F

Jakabite
Jul 31, 2010

justcola posted:

Any Instagram stuff?

Hopefully nobody will need it, but death bits:
https://www.gov.uk/when-someone-dies
https://www.gov.uk/browse/benefits/bereavement

@RentStrikeLDN :)

Tsietisin
Jul 2, 2004

Time passes quickly on the weekend.

yaffle posted:

My brother is working security at a Tesco. "Fulla fuckin' morons". I hope he doesn't get it, he used to smoke and isn't the fittest 46 year old in the world. :(

Is he one of the Tesco own security or the agency they have instead?

bessantj
Jul 27, 2004

Saw a sign in a shop window that read "We are open from 9:30am to 12 am and 2pm to 5:30pm" sometimes it's the little things that get you through.

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

My first day working from home today. It's half an hour before my shift starts and I'm eating a sandwich in my underwear and reading the UKMT. A new age.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

marktheando posted:

My first day working from home today. It's half an hour before my shift starts and I'm eating a sandwich in my underwear and reading the UKMT. A new age.

Pretty soon you'll be doing that during your shift too.

Loonytoad Quack
Aug 24, 2004

High on Shatner's Bassoon
260 deaths yesterday, this is getting really bad. 1019 total deaths now and we're still only in a soft lockdown.

https://twitter.com/DHSCgovuk/status/1243901924786790400?s=19

Not So Fast
Dec 27, 2007

It's going to take a couple of weeks of lockdown for this to have an effect on the rise in numbers. Italy is only just seeing a slowdown.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Loonytoad Quack posted:

260 deaths yesterday, this is getting really bad. 1019 total deaths now and we're still only in a soft lockdown.

https://twitter.com/DHSCgovuk/status/1243901924786790400?s=19

That number's going to keep growing, exponentially, for at least a week because of the long incubation period.

Rumours that one of the reasons that they're using the Excel Centre as a morgue waiting room hospital is that, being on the dock, it will make it convenient to ship out corpses for mass burial at sea, as was one of the plans for post-WW3. I don't actually believe the rumour because that's a level of foresight not previously shown in the reaction to COVID, but the fact that it's something that's even within the spectrum of possibilities is sobering to say the least.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
I always wanted to be buried at sea. It seems a lot less ecologically damaging than cremation and especially embalming.

There's a very limited number of spots where you can legally do a sea burial though. Post WW3 that wouldn't have mattered because half of Liverpool and Manchester would have been joining the munitions dump at Beaufort's Dyke, but I really doubt they'll pass a law to allow thousands to be dropped off at the Needles or one of the other geographically acceptable points.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug

Not So Fast posted:

It's going to take a couple of weeks of lockdown for this to have an effect on the rise in numbers. Italy is only just seeing a slowdown.

Even then, it will be months of mini outbreaks and such.
Once the all clear to go back to work is given, some will be still carriers and will infect the rest of their fellow staff.
I totally expect to get it then, our office aircon is dreadful, and if one fucker has it, all of us will get it.

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012

goddamnedtwisto posted:

ship out corpses for mass burial at sea, as was one of the plans for post-WW3.

Got any sources about this? I can't think of a better way to spend the afternoon than creeping myself out with apocalyptic logistic plans

TheRat
Aug 30, 2006

https://twitter.com/David__Osland/status/1243871083431972866

lmao

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Is this referring to Jessflaps' little tantrum last night? Nobody seems to have thought to screenshot it.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Politwoops should have it, surely?

Answers Me
Apr 24, 2012
Nah there's loads of copies of it. Here's the first one that turned up when searching, with a classic Phillips hypocritical contrast thrown in for free:

https://twitter.com/welshbolshevik/status/1243677697257201670?s=20

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

Answers Me posted:

Got any sources about this? I can't think of a better way to spend the afternoon than creeping myself out with apocalyptic logistic plans

It was in the Cold War exhibition at Kew, basically the minutes of a meeting discussing the impossibility of disposing of bodies in a timely manner, particularly with better uses for fuel, with the meeting resolving to investigate the logistics of either dumping bodies from factory fishing ships (which are refrigerated and have the ability to hold and move large amounts of... organic material... around internally) or just towing them out in sealed barges and scuppering them.

I *think* it was mentioned in Secret State too, I'll dig it out and check.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Pillbug
https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-england-northamptonshire-52052830

quote:

"We are getting calls from people who say 'I think my neighbour is going out on a second run - I want you to come and arrest them'.

"We have had dozens and dozens of these calls."

loving lol.

Jaeluni Asjil
Apr 18, 2018

Sorry I thought you were a landlord when I gave you your old avatar!

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Is this referring to Jessflaps' little tantrum last night? Nobody seems to have thought to screenshot it.

Oh was it her that was being rude? I saw some bloke on twitter going on about 'labour mps think it is acceptable to be rude and insulting' or some such earlier.
Take one jessflaps and smear the entire labour party with it.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/SexWorkHive/status/1243615207894679560

Okay I know this is a very serious issue, but I had to have a hearty fnarr at "hardship fund".

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe
I have a Steam code for My Friend Pedro going spare by the way, what's the fairest way to pass it on to a needy goon?

Microplastics
Jul 6, 2007

:discourse:
It's what's for dinner.

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Okay I know this is a very serious issue, but I had to have a hearty fnarr at "hardship fund".

Donations are needed to plug the hole.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

The willingness and indeed eagerness of brits to inform on their neighbours out of petty spite is pretty depressing tbh

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!

Camrath posted:

The willingness and indeed eagerness of brits to inform on their neighbours out of petty spite is pretty depressing tbh

This is one of the things my conspiracy theorist/catastrophising brain is SUUUPER concerned about. People in this country have been LIGHTNING quick to start informing on their neighbours, making draconian interpretations of the rules to beat people with, etc etc etc.

I can see exactly the shape of how an actual non-emergency police state could take hold overnight.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

Fun Shoe

thespaceinvader posted:

This is one of the things my conspiracy theorist/catastrophising brain is SUUUPER concerned about. People in this country have been LIGHTNING quick to start informing on their neighbours, making draconian interpretations of the rules to beat people with, etc etc etc.

I can see exactly the shape of how an actual non-emergency police state could take hold overnight.

Bill Bryson once joked that it was a pity that communism started in Russia rather than Britain, that our national traits of liking queues, stoicism and reveling in small luxuries would have been enough to make a success of it, but I always thought we'd be much more East Germany and this is now proving it, every fifth oval office is falling over themselves to grass up their neighbours.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Bill Bryson once joked that it was a pity that communism started in Russia rather than Britain, that our national traits of liking queues, stoicism and reveling in small luxuries would have been enough to make a success of it, but I always thought we'd be much more East Germany and this is now proving it, every fifth oval office is falling over themselves to grass up their neighbours.

loving southerners man

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

I mean, having had nigh on 40 years of all concepts of solidarity beaten out of us as a people it doesn’t /surprise/ me per se, but it depresses and scares the hell out of me.

I’m coming to realise I just hate the vast majority of this country.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

i did see 3 dudes biking in the woods together today and i was like come the gently caress on! maybe they all live together in the same house and gently caress? i probably shouldn't judge.

i got as far away as possible from them when they came past and they looked offended

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

Not So Fast posted:

We're not even really locked down. As with so many things in this country it's about as half arsed as it really can be. There are even today plenty of morons running about out there who think bad things are only going to happen to other people, like that old biddy who rang in the radio show and gleefully talked about all the activities she was packing her days with and chastising the presenter for being a big scardy puss. I was on the phone to my ma last night and she said her neighbours (both in their 70s) have been out to garden centres every day and going for walks everywhere because of the good weather and "it's lovely and quiet everywhere!" :/