Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ratoslov
Feb 15, 2012

Now prepare yourselves! You're the guests of honor at the Greatest Kung Fu Cannibal BBQ Ever!

The Spine of Lowtax.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deadmeat5150
Nov 21, 2005

OLD MAN YELLS AT CLAN

Ratoslov posted:

The Spine of Lowtax.

You just want it to fall apart, don't you?

Sad King Billy
Jan 27, 2006

Thats three of ours innit...to one of yours. You know mate I really think we ought to even up the average!

Arcanuse posted:

House of Grover. Truly a name worthy of our architectural skills.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

:colbert:

No one wanted to go back to the mortal world. Most of us wanted to cultivates to become GOD, it’s what they went through all these hardship these 22 days! Alas, the random straw elected Kidz to rebuild the ancestor manor.

Kidz is actually one of the best candidate due to her familiarity commoner and charisma of the nobility. She understands the sad life of people, and know the pain of being too late to get that charming and brilliant gamer.

She suggested Slaan to go handle the Ceremonial Restoration since she is big sister and all. Kidz hinted she would leave as fast as possible before our ancestors’ spirit leave the place.

Regrettably, having the lowest luck stat (2.0) amongst the sect can only lead to this conclusion.

Farewell, and please get rid of that rotting smell in the spooky manor.

Kidz could use some spirit stone on her trip, but we don’t have enough to spare for her.

We will call you back someday…

When we have a spare manager after taking over every other city.

To impressive the mortals, we need to rebuild our sect stone at a nice location. This time with expensive and pretty stone.

Putting it in the Maze of Penitent would test the willpower of new hires as they circle into the certer of the maze to pleads for invitation, but it would be a pain for everyone else to get in there.

The most logical place would be placing it in the ancestor hall for them to also pray to our ancestor at the same time. This require expanding the temple, which is on schedule to do so.

Summer is gradually increasing the overall temperature as we speak. It’s fine outside, but spending a long time in hot place like kitchen or forge would be bad.

It’s time to make a bunch of loose and breathable clothing.

Kidz’s initial assessment of the Most Fragrance Palace is surround by forestry, which can produce infinite amount of wood to our sect overtime. Unless we misread her report.

Speaking of local produce, the awful merchant has left before we can sell Slaan’s masterpiece.

The ancestral temple has to become bigger due to the slight miscalculation of Earth Sect Stone mismatch with Spirit Wood Ancestor Table, but we can harmonize them by putting something with Fire element in between them.

Our ancestor is clearly pleased with our plan.

Sect master Hats returns just in time to enjoy the good weather.

Radio Free Kobold sneaked back in to find a trouser. No one know how he lost it.

But we don’t have time for him to waste his lifespan on finding a pants, so he is going to search in Taiyi Sect’s junkyard.

Along the way, he visited another sect master without his pants as a power move.

Welcome representative of the Cu-are you-
It is exactly as you thought.
Did you chance upon a bandit?
Not at all, ma’am. This one is simply in a rush to serve the Cult of Bèn.
That is commendable, but surely you can afford time for-
I have two years of lifespan left.
M-my apology!
It’s fine. For this one bears a gift of hard rock scrap...

It is a blazing sun, strong like a dragon,
Dense like fog as it hide,
Frustrated for a training partner,
‘He’ can be wild as a boar.

I know well that my thatched hut is very low and small,
Because of that, the swallows on the river often come.
The bits of mud they bring in their mouths get into my zither and books,
And trying to catch the flying insects, they drive them into me.

- By Du Fu, Jueju Free Mood, No. 3 of 9 (I Know Well That My Thatched Hut)

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 16:40 on Mar 28, 2020

Top Hats Monthly
Jun 22, 2011

People are people so why should it be, that you and I should get along so awfully blink blink recall STOP IT YOU POSH LITTLE SHIT
Who needs pants, really

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

It just keeps getting better. :allears:

DelilahFlowers
Jan 10, 2020

Can't wait for the brows to leave his head.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
All these updates and only 22 days have passed since the assault. Time sure goes by slowly.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

Power move, use that dong while you can!

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Purple Cloud School have good material for trade. Black textile for clothing, marble and jade for pretty buildings, parasol wood for higher tier wooden construction, and a bunch of useful elixirs. This is a good sect to chummy up unlike Rosy Cloud Grotto.

The best way is to find out the sect master’s favorite gift. Know her other secret would be useful for optionally shady method to obtain clues of the culprit and ‘partway’ with their rare possessions.

The most reliable way to get rare items, however, is adventuring with the right person for the job. This is the second news of a special place that need inner student of with very high resistance against heat. Someone with fire element law and a couple of fire resist charm will usually be enough to survive 500 C or 932 F.

Now is a good time to make a few fire resist charm for those who can’t handle the summer heat.

10 C… we are 1/50 of what is needed to challenge those molten zone. :kingsley:

But decent enough to move people back into their comfort zone.

Especially when our clothings are as good as rags.

We might have to move all beds into the fridge room in the supernatural worst case scenario. The room below is a planned expansion of the warehouse, but it could turn into a decent emergency heat shelter.

Of course, such cautious are unneeded with our ancestors are watching us sleep our back. Unless we displeased them and stole our heart in sleep.

But that shouldn’t happen all a full Earth-Metal room for everyone. These rooms will continues to evolve overtime until it is worthy of giving a designated name of its inhabitant. Or we might go full barrack depends on how things goes.

Arcanuse wasn’t happy with his room lacking gaming items like Hats’ room, and Slaan have a fight with him over these overly wasteful expenditures. If only Kidz is here to remedy this situation.

At least he didn’t knock her down like the wall at the diner.

Everyone hated the torn down wall and the poopy smell that flows in while they are eating. So be it, this place will have one inefficient door to preserve good Feng Shui for now.

This concludes the current construction plan for the next few days.

Slaan have returned to the place he once fled away from the raid.

If only he has time to loot everything, then he won’t need to come back here. The great sadness of stopping by Purple Cloud School lingers.

Thankfully, all the good stuffs are well hidden and he retrieved the other four cultivation laws of Taiyi Sect ceremonially while butt-naked.

Oh no! Did Rangxi send an elder to check on him!? Did she know about this-hot-one flirting with the other sect’s leader!?

He hasn’t recover his confident to pull another power move and it’s bad to be caught with his pants down!

After he relays the news upon returns, everyone agrees this Yue Qing Chou is suspicious and can’t possibly be pursuing Radio Free Kobold for his futile love affairs.

At the interval, Kidz have settled down at the Most Fragrance Palace.

It will now produce goodwill that we will quantify as ‘Influence’ and accumulate whatever they made there and rarity someone might stumble upon.

Policy affects the various aspect of the administration, but they cost resource to enact. We should be saving our wheat for winter this year.

People will gradually forget about us if we don’t do something productive for their attention, so we will run Charity and hope they will produce some for us to ‘bribe themselves’?

Back to the cultivation laws we found. Each of them have some pro and con with different method of ascension into an immortal. We will go into detail whenever someone is ready and have a matching affinity for the requirement.

Most of us are half way done unless we want to goes all out like Radio Free Kobold.

It’s ideal to have a 3rd inner at this point, but we shouldn’t build their house until we know what element they are going for.

But we definitely should get more manpower for investigation of the culprit.

And killing this thing.

*Gasp* HATS! HATS!

TO REFINEMENT!

REALLY!?

HOLY poo poo!

Right after our Jade Sect Stone is built in the ancestor temple!

All of Hats' brain cell EXP is going towards treasure refining! This poo poo must succeed!

Hats failed, but he learned a lot more about how to refine poo poo, and pretty much got a full refund for his brain cell. Alas, his mental state is too low to have a chance at succeeding, but there will be many more poo poo in the future to try again.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 17:49 on Mar 30, 2020

Double Plus Undead
Dec 24, 2010
Are the other factions in this game preset, or are they randomly generated along with the world seed?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Double Plus Undead posted:

Are the other factions in this game preset, or are they randomly generated along with the world seed?
Only sect name and map coordinate is preset, the rest are all seed and AI.

Shei-kun
Dec 2, 2011

Screw you, physics!
The Cult of Ben will have the holiest of poo poo.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
The Something Awful Forms > Discussion > Games > Let's Play! > Snakes and poo poo are the holiest of all DAO, Amazing cultivation sim!

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
Finally, some laws that don't require one to lose his dong!

By the way, does xinxia not believe in roofs? Our stuff seems awfully uncovered.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

JcDent posted:

By the way, does xinxia not believe in roofs? Our stuff seems awfully uncovered.
There is roof, we are seeing inner view of it. There's option to replace the roof with other material too.

LLSix
Jan 20, 2010

The real power behind countless overlords

Nyaa posted:

There is roof, we are seeing inner view of it. There's option to replace the roof with other material too.

Awesome.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Radio Free Kobold returns on a bow, you know, so that anyone who looks up can get a full view.

To the relief of everyone’s eyestrain, he needed to wear a pants (for a while) to restore his confidence.

Our diner is now very auspicious! Adding more furniture into it actually lowers the grade, so we will leave it plain and simple.

The extra table will have to go somewhere with beautiful scenery…

Like the fridge room for some reason. Nice place for summer with all these herbal aroma. :420:

On the other end of extreme temperature, someone got in the 300 500 C place. Good for them.

Placing a furniture into the enclosed storage fridge will turn it into a ‘room’ from Feng Shui perspective. The items on the ground contributes to the clutter penalty.

Our internal food situation may be fine, but we don’t have wheat for Kidz to organize charity.

Maybe there is something else we can do about this? The flag is clickable…

Oh… the Most Fragrant Palace got a village map, and these empty spaces are for specific buildings.

Our palace is the local HQ that enables policy and maybe raise the building caps. Upgrading it should allow us to make more interesting policy. However, the upgrade is costly and requires 25000 believers.

So we will build one farm for charity loop and one lumber mill to generate wood for future construction.

The startup cost of 50 wood for each building will requires deforestation at home.

As for Kidz, she would not be able to handle any of those four event type, but we can send ten more disciples to boost it up. No one has time for that.

Finally, we have this page that is relevant for Divinity Cultivation – A cultivation method that is highly dependent on faith instead of individual capabilities.

Non-divinity cultivator can collect these faiths for comprehension point instead.

Radio Free Kobold will go collect some faiths for comp points and maybe triggers some event. He has pants this time.

As for Hats in his extremely auspicious room, we don’t know why he is taking forever to recovers his mental trauma of losing his manhood.

It can’t be the bad food Slaan and her husband made…

For now, it’s best to send him out to cool off until we can make some anti-depression drugs. He will go to the nearby mountain to chop off those strong and sturdily erected woods for the village buildings.

Nyaa fucked around with this message at 19:17 on Apr 1, 2020

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
I guess that the list of Lingnan has the population of the place besides our followers from there?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Scalding Coffee posted:

I guess that the list of Lingnan has the population of the place besides our followers from there?

Yes, top number is worshiper, which lose 5% everyday without policy.

Bottom left number is the normal pop + worshiper. So there's about 50k unconverted populace.

TheGreatEvilKing
Mar 28, 2016

So instead of losing your dick you can start a cult?

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
You can start a cult around worshiping dicks.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

TheGreatEvilKing posted:

So instead of losing your dick you can start a cult?
Yes. We do need to find those special cultivation book first. I heard it's a long grind, but it's still better than not progressing due to poor talent and MIND CRUSH.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Scalding Coffee posted:

You can start a cult around worshiping dicks.

Our cult worships poop, thank you very much.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Our cult worships poop, thank you very much.
Snake is dick in a sense.

JcDent
May 13, 2013

Give me a rifle, one round, and point me at Berlin!
I love how out sect of failures, dickeless wonders and human methlabs has 14k worshipers.

Do these people not have normal religions to turn to?

Or is xianxia all ancestor worship, all the time, even if the ancestor isn't yours?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

JcDent posted:

Do these people not have normal religions to turn to?
We have no competitor, and we have pre-established ancestor temple there.

quote:

Or is xianxia all ancestor worship, all the time, even if the ancestor isn't yours?
We are pretty much godly/super-wizard existence to them. They pray for rain, and we can make it happen with a spell. Greek god style.

Also instant kill a bear with Everlasting Poop.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

It’s risky to send out all of our inner without leaving anyone to defend us. It would be bad if an unfriendly baddies were to appear instead.

This is a guest type visitor where they will relish upon our hospitality for the next four days. They will spread good word for reputation if they are satisfied by our accommodation.

She will stay in Radio Free Kobold’s room then.

By the way, her actual Max Qi is 118,701.

Look at this Qi density! Golden Core are goddamn powerful! Hats and Radio Free Kobold only have around 700.

Radio Free Kobold is the only cultivator that could try to catch up in cultivation without mind crushing.

Therefore, he will grab those comprehension exp for skills.

Great! It’s one-to-one conversion!

He will check back next time for this ‘new location’ event.

It didn’t take long for Hats to gather the resources.

He’s an expert in cutting wood.

Alright, Radio Free Kobold is back at the village for the new location event-

Uhm… we definitely need to deal with this before it forces everyone to self-quarantine for months!

Inner don’t get sick, right? Radio Free Kobold only have two years left anyhow.

Some text got cut off. The cultivator at the gate is from Kunlun Palace, and we both did it! :angel: (They didn't become competitor in our village)

Hats returns once more with his pile of woods. This time, he have a very important mission.

Invite this nice old golden core lady. We must not let Radio Free Kobold get to her first.

Use everything you learn in your past to recruit her!

What did you said to her, Hats!? Or is there something in our sect that is causing this issue!?

Hats tries to skateboard-flip with his long and sturdy sword, but failed to impress.

Oh well, friend zone it is.

Hats knows how to properly address someone stronger than him. An important etiquette for good first impression.

Goodness, she’s already spilling secret on the subsequent inquiry.

She might know what we saw at our old sect.

This is the first time she heard details about it, so we can probably rule her out.

We do need to know more about this person who shows up at the site while Radio Free Kobold has his pants out.

This is going to be a long investigation…

Hats is done with his weekly conversation quota. :effort:

Sea Watcher is a seaside city, so having mist should be normal unless you are around Innsmouth. :cthulhu:

A lot of things is happening lately. Although we are still neutral, it shouldn’t hurt to visit a place filled with people from Just sect.

What a coincident, Hats will go back to the same mountain where he got his wood!

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Can we get the sect here? We could do with some help with the pandemic and it seems poop-based cultivation is the key here.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Can we get the sect here? We could do with some help with the pandemic and it seems poop-based cultivation is the key here.
There is a branch option, but I never got far enough to try it. I think It need max overall sect Feng Shui before we can do it.

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Judging by the mood bar, her mood dropped by more than half since she joined us. What did you do, Hats?

Scalding Coffee fucked around with this message at 17:58 on Apr 2, 2020

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Her Mood went from 80 to max.

It's her State of Mind that crushed down from 60 to the bottom.

Hats must be a lovecraftian being.

Slaan
Mar 16, 2009

ASHERAH DEMANDS I FEAST, I VOTE FOR A FEAST OF FLESH
Down with Hats, up for Snake!

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead
Male Snake-Male Snake 2020

Evil Kit
May 29, 2013

I'm viable ladies.

Hat's poor dao heart must have been dealt a crushing blow with sudden wang loss.

Also my apologies for the long hiatus on effort posts, bit of a rough spot irl right now as many people are probably dealing with as well. I'll try and get one out this weekend.

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Our Ancestral Snake Temple is looking good. Ancestors watching from the table, and Feng Shui Snake bros watching your back while they embraces each other.

Lynneth is praying hard, hoping her absolutely horrendous stat will get her somewhere.

It’s so bad that our the ancestor need a buff on the temple to bless this pitiful disciple.

Behold, the decoration statue of our ancestor make with fire copper ingot! It will take a while to build this for sure.

Speaking of hotness, someone got to the other 500 C location. Good for them. Whatever you found there can’t be as good as our Fire Ancestor Statue! :smith:

Radio Free Kobold, show the world that we can make treasure on the go!

We will show them someday!

Dusk approaches and it’s time to sleep, which mean everyone will return to their room except Radio Free Kobold.

He will go get some sea breeze while his room is being occupied by the guest. He has his pants for this trip.

Hats arrived just in time to investigate the Just sect activity.

It’s doubtful whether a group of highly powerful beings would need any help from Hats, but it’s better than suicidal attack.

Handsome Hats really pleased these elders. He should stays outdoor from now on. :stare:

But that’s after he return home to make a breakthrough to the next cultivation stage. Good heavens, why bother training when you have some old folks giving you life-hacks.

Dragon, huh? That’s right where Vermillion Dawn Grotto sect is located. Maybe Hats can get permission to investigate.

Hats is home.

He will be breaking the first of three stages – Laughing Girl.

Unfortunately, his state of mind is still too sad to laugh, so he only has 10% chance if he try it now

No one have enough alchemy skill to make those anti-depression drug.

He will have to look around for someone to sell it on his way to those dragon carving. Let's visit a couple of sects to see what they got.

Gift.. takes effort. :effort:

Yes.

Nothing useful. Nothing affordable.

We do have good relation with Kunlun Palace due to the pandemic.

Here’s some one healroot to remind us of our struggle during the medical crisis. :effort:

I know.

Ohh, they have that earth spirit root thing for sale. Too bad we are too poor to afford anything.

These desperate socialization is futile. Let's just go straight for the evil lust cult. If they don’t have some happy pill, then Hats is done. :effort:

Good morning, I heard you like hoe.

Of course, you would only accept the best. How shortsighted of me. :colbert:

These are some dark kinky stuff.

Welp.

Pharnakes
Aug 14, 2009
What causes these crushed minds so frequently?

Nyaa
Jan 7, 2010
Like, Nyaa.

Pharnakes posted:

I don't know. :negative:

Boksi
Jan 11, 2016

Nyaa posted:

I don't know. :negative:

Actual mechanical spoilers:
Mood and state of mind are not the same thing - only cultivators need to worry about the latter. Cultivation decreases your state of mind, relaxing increases it. If your state of mind is low enough, the cultivator suffers from a crushed mind, which makes it much harder to increase your state of mind, which is what you need to do in order to recover from the mind crush. Meanwhile, a high state of mind is very beneficial for cultivation because you get bonuses from having a calm and clear mind.

There are skills, charms and items that help with this, and you can stack them to the point where you can cultivate 24/7 and not worry about crushing your mind, but of course that can lead to other problems which I will not tell you about because uhhhh, karma or somesuch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scalding Coffee
Jun 26, 2006

You're already dead

Pharnakes posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8t4pmlHRokg