Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe

Senior Woodchuck posted:

"They're shooting back!"
"The bastards!"

But does that justify making right turns?!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

loosenukes
Feb 14, 2005

you don't put your best missile in your crummiest hole
I love that Lowtax offered a Mike Q&A three weeks ago and instead of everyone saying yes, we just quoted the show for 5 pages.

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy

loosenukes posted:

I love that Lowtax offered a Mike Q&A three weeks ago and instead of everyone saying yes, we just quoted the show for 5 pages.

Let's be super honest, not a single one of us would have asked anything worthwhile for the man

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Burkion posted:

Let's be super honest, not a single one of us would have asked anything worthwhile for the man

My mom, God bless her, always wondered if his parents were big Sea Hunt fans but I feel like he answered that somewhere.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

loosenukes posted:

Burkion posted:

I remember trying to come up with a question, but quoting the show is really the best I can do.

I do sorta wonder if he's still living in that sweet studio apartment (right on the bus line too) and if he has any of that rice left.

Or toilet paper... people here keep buying it all up...

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

The only real question I can think of is, I'm curious about how much attention was paid to which character says which line. Did they try to match jokes up to cadence, or character? Is there a 'Crow' sort of joke and a 'Tom' sort of joke? Does it depend on delivery, or on who hasn't had a joke for a minute, or something else? I'd like to know more about how that was done.

Failson
Sep 2, 2018
Fun Shoe
Like, actual questions for Mike:

1) How are the headaches, and did you find anything that successfully treated them?

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

https://twitter.com/MST3K/status/1243946066829021185

Fezz
Aug 31, 2001

You should feel ashamed.
Is it the rest of the Corman movies or Gamera/Godzilla?

Fezz fucked around with this message at 19:21 on Mar 28, 2020

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
Possibly some of the Susan Hart/AIP movies?

Upsidads
Jan 11, 2007
Now and then we had a hope that if we lived and were good, God would permit us to be pirates

Mike tell us about your medical conditions, later about your creative endeavors

Island Nation
Jun 20, 2006
Trust No One
Will some of the VHS rips go the way of the dodo?

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

The thing I don't get is why they gave Neil that fake beard and mustache.

ringu0
Feb 24, 2013

Giving away two coupon codes for $10 off on mst3kstore.com. One coupon per order, both coupons expire on 3/31/2020.

e. gone, thanks all!

ringu0 fucked around with this message at 15:31 on Mar 30, 2020

Splint Chesthair
Dec 27, 2004

ringu0 posted:

Giving away two coupon codes for $10 off on mst3kstore.com. One coupon per order, both coupons expire on 3/31/2020.

0BG2N70W4Y
SE79G9N0YR

I used the first one, thanks a bunch!

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

ringu0 posted:

0BG2N70W4Y
SE79G9N0YR

Used the second one. Thanks.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Another Bill posted:

Is this the thirstiest movie MST3K ever did?

MST3K answered this question themselves and it's clearly Outlaw of Gor. Why? "Hey guys; How's the movie?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnzKgcWDcl4

Light Gun Man
Oct 17, 2009

toEjaM iS oN
vaCatioN

Lipstick Apathy

Neddy Seagoon posted:

MST3K answered this question themselves and it's clearly Outlaw of Gor. Why? "Hey guys; How's the movie?"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnzKgcWDcl4

i'm really annoyed they did a live stream with MST3K and ninja sex party in the same room and didn't have them do a cover of this song, wtf

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib
So, I’m watching Riding With Death for the thousandth time and, maybe I’m insane, but I actually like Jim Stafford in it. Buffalo is kind of charming in a dumbass hick sort of way.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

TL posted:

So, I’m watching Riding With Death for the thousandth time and, maybe I’m insane, but I actually like Jim Stafford in it. Buffalo is kind of charming in a dumbass hick sort of way.

I've said this before but considering how many "heroes" of MST3K movies are downright loathsome and annoying, Ben Murphy's mellow dumbness is refreshing.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Fallen Rib

Vincent Van Goatse posted:

I've said this before but considering how many "heroes" of MST3K movies are downright loathsome and annoying, Ben Murphy's mellow dumbness is refreshing.

Totally. I just watched Laserblast yesterday. Kim Milford is annoying as hell in that, so seeing Ben Murphy after that is a refreshing change.

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Being even vaguely altruistic and not insulting to all around him can take you far in the annals of the movies the crew has done over the decades.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I rewatched Parts: The Clonus Horror and man, that's such a downer of an ending. Just a big gently caress you to the clones.

Sash!
Mar 16, 2001

My favorite part is how the secret clone farm is a short walk from a major metro area.

Sydney Bottocks
Oct 15, 2004

Not only that, but he actually does stuff. So many "protagonists" in MST3k movies sort of just sit around and let poo poo happen (I'm looking at you, Agent for H.A.R.M.), so Ben Murphy as Sam giving it the old college try is actually noteworthy. :v:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Sash! posted:

My favorite part is how the secret clone farm is a short walk from a major metro area.

"Milwaukee is some sort of nonsense word."

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono
Recently watched Zombie Nightmare for the first time and came away thinking it was pretty good but what stood out is that, out of all MST3Ks I've seen, this is probably the one with the best soundtrack :black101:

Dawgstar
Jul 15, 2017

Mr. Fowl posted:

Recently watched Zombie Nightmare for the first time and came away thinking it was pretty good but what stood out is that, out of all MST3Ks I've seen, this is probably the one with the best soundtrack :black101:

Ah, having encountered Zombie Nightmare I might recommend the OTHER Jon Miki-Thor classic 'Rock 'N Roll Nightmare' on RiffTrax if you haven't seen it. It's an oddly Christian softcore demon movie... thing...

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

Dawgstar posted:

Ah, having encountered Zombie Nightmare I might recommend the OTHER Jon Miki-Thor classic 'Rock 'N Roll Nightmare' on RiffTrax if you haven't seen it. It's an oddly Christian softcore demon movie... thing...

Oh, I've already seen it, and yes, it is quite special.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light
Last month I started binge watching Dark Shadows. Early on, this guy (George Matthews) shows up:

It took me a minute to realize he was this guy:

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

geez look at this brain, it just won't die

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.

Mr. Fowl posted:

This movie was shot in the neighborhood where my parents grew up. My uncle worked at the ice cream stand, and he was totally a 70s/80s muscle car guy. Kills me everytime.

Another Bill fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Apr 7, 2020

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Mr. Fowl posted:

I've always found the end with Adam West a little weird because it feels like it just completely comes out of nowhere.

tankadillo
Aug 15, 2006

Let's get this straight! Let's make a Batman movie but NOT call Adam West?

Big Mean Jerk
Jan 27, 2009

Well, of course I know him.
He's me.
Zombie Nightmare is part of the extraordinarily small club of MST3k movies that I can stand to watch without riffs. It's just goofy enough to be entertaining.

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose
No movie with "Ace of Spades" on the soundtrack can be all bad.

I Am Fowl
Mar 8, 2008

nononononono

muscles like this! posted:

I've always found the end with Adam West a little weird because it feels like it just completely comes out of nowhere.

Yeah, it seems like it SHOULD be building to the death of the meanest creep in the gang, but he dies before Tia Carerre and her boyfriend in the cut scene at the milkshake place.

Ms Boods
Mar 19, 2009

Did you ever wonder where the Romans got bread from? It wasn't from Waitrose!
I hadn't clocked them before, but the versions up on Youtube that are the cinema editions are great -- it's neat seeing the extra bits of the films that were snipped off, but also simply how gorgeous some of the films are (after watching fuzzy versions or washed out versions for years).

So far we've done The Incredible Melting Man and Hobgoblins -- the latter makes a hell of a lot more sense with some of the edited scenes put back in. Never realised just what a beautiful shade of prune Kevin's muscle car really is.

He's also done Riding with Death, except he's uploaded it as its original two Gemini Man episodes; Mr Boods had an epiphany now that after gently caress knows how many years, he understands that Riding with Death isn't a movie that suddenly loses all of its characters and plot direction and veers off into something else after an hour. (Making 'movies' out of slammed together episodes of a failed TV series isn't a thing here in the UK).

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Jon Mikl Thor is pretty great and there's a good documentary out about how cool he is. Just don't watch Rock and Roll Nightmare II.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Another Bill
Sep 27, 2018

I stumbled ass-backwards into a comfortable, easy life for reasons beyond my comprehension and now I think I'm better than you for it.
I used to hang around the southern Ontario metal scene and everyone I know from there has met JMT except me :(