Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Stake me out for the ravens. Let them consume my flesh and return me to the food chain.

Edit: okay, that's a weird snipe.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

The only approved funerals are as follows:

1. Cremation by pyre fueled by locally sourced fallen branches and then raked into a garden
2. Rowed into the open sea by a family member and thrown overboard
3. Acid house rave where your ashes are mixed and pressed into ecstasy tabs for 400 of your closest friends

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

Just treat my corpse like a car battery, no matter what those dicks at the funeral home say.

cakesmith handyman
Jul 22, 2007

Pip-Pip old chap! Last one in is a rotten egg what what.

Solice Kirsk posted:

The only approved funerals are as follows:

1. Cremation by pyre fueled by locally sourced fallen branches and then raked into a garden
2. Rowed into the open sea by a family member and thrown overboard
3. Acid house rave where your ashes are mixed and pressed into ecstasy tabs for 400 of your closest friends

I don't have 400 friends who would take e. I do have 4 friends who could be convinced to take 100 each...

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
It's closest as in physical proximity, because the rave house only really fits 100 but we're really determined, and if they weren't friends nds yet, they're about to be very closely acquainted.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.
Realtalk, the funeral industry is ghoulish in the most literal way possible and should be abolished in its entirety. It's bad enough living takes every penny we have, why should dying be so expensive?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Screaming Idiot posted:

Realtalk, the funeral industry is ghoulish in the most literal way possible and should be abolished in its entirety. It's bad enough living takes every penny we have, why should dying be so expensive?

Every family member who's died in my lifetime has been cremated for just this reason. It's cheaper, and less wasteful, and also they're dead and they don't care. Funerals are for the living.

The most elaborate burial in the family is my paternal grandparents, whose ashes are sharing a compartment in a decorative wall in the scenic town they lived in and raised their family in for fifty years.

We call it their mailbox. It's not the "throw my body into the lion enclosure at the zoo" burial my granddad wanted, but we do what we can.

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Remember in the one bond movie where the French dude dies and the camera immediately cuts to bond tossing his corpse in a dumpster? Same.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
Donate your body to science, it's generally free and you don't go to waste. You'll get to be a crash test dummy or a body farm corpse or labwork for a med student.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

oldpainless posted:

Remember in the one bond movie where the French dude dies and the camera immediately cuts to bond tossing his corpse in a dumpster? Same.

More like oldsameness.

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I want my body launched at Jupiter and then in a billion years when some space man lands there they'll find my bones and go "what the gently caress?"

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?

Push El Burrito posted:

I want my body launched at Jupiter and then in a billion years when some space man lands there they'll find my bones and go "what the gently caress?"

Lands on Jupiter?

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
They wouldn't be space men if they were landing on Earth.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

hyperhazard posted:

Donate your body to science, it's generally free and you don't go to waste. You'll get to be a crash test dummy or a body farm corpse or labwork for a med student.

Unfortunately, that kinda sucks too. Donated bodies are pretty much totally unregulated. It's surprisingly likely some company's going to cut up your body and sell the parts at a massive profit to whoever wants them, regardless of what you specified. Don't want your body used for explosives testing by the military? Tough luck.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-bodies-business/

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Screaming Idiot posted:

A coworker died late last year and we rolled up to the calling hours at the funeral parlor and it was packed, the parking lot was full and we could barely find a spot.

Turns out there were three different services happening that night.

Screaming Idiot
Nov 26, 2007

JUST POSTING WHILE JERKIN' MY GHERKIN SITTIN' IN A PERKINS!

BEATS SELLING MERKINS.

hyperhazard posted:

I'll do this, but only if they promise to do really weird poo poo to my body. Like, sick stuff, the of thing you normally have to look at on bootleg mpegs on TOR-based Russian websites.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

Len posted:

A coworker died late last year and we rolled up to the calling hours at the funeral parlor and it was packed, the parking lot was full and we could barely find a spot.

Turns out there were three different services happening that night.
Yes...? Bigger funeral parlors can and do accommodate far more services than that at any given time.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Hirayuki posted:

Yes...? Bigger funeral parlors can and do accommodate far more services than that at any given time.

I'm from the rear end end of nowhere and have only seen single service funeral parlors. But it just felt super awkward to walk in and have a guy wearing a suit go "which service are you here for?" and then walking past these crowded rooms to this nearly empty one.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious

Karia posted:

Unfortunately, that kinda sucks too. Donated bodies are pretty much totally unregulated. It's surprisingly likely some company's going to cut up your body and sell the parts at a massive profit to whoever wants them, regardless of what you specified. Don't want your body used for explosives testing by the military? Tough luck.

https://www.reuters.com/investigates/special-report/usa-bodies-business/

This was depressing as hell, but also interesting. I assumed keeping the body whole was rare, and I'm cool with being cut up into as many pieces as needed if it helps more people. Less cool with middlemen making money by renting out (wtf) my limbs.

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

Len posted:

I'm from the rear end end of nowhere and have only seen single service funeral parlors. But it just felt super awkward to walk in and have a guy wearing a suit go "which service are you here for?" and then walking past these crowded rooms to this nearly empty one.

same, but like in a big city it make sense, far more people dieing daily then bumfuck virginia

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Screaming Idiot posted:

I'll do this, but only if they promise to do really weird poo poo to my body. Like, sick stuff, the of thing you normally have to look at on bootleg mpegs on TOR-based Russian websites.

Odds are your body will be subject to military science experiments, which means they blow it up in creative ways in order to either a) build better armor or b) build better explosives.

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Proteus Jones posted:

Odds are your body will be subject to military science experiments, which means they blow it up in creative ways in order to either a) build better armor or b) build better explosives.

I mean, that sounds pretty metal.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Only if the armour is made of my body. Psychological warfare, go after the enemy Buffalo Bill style.

Crowetron
Apr 29, 2009

Proteus Jones posted:

If my corpse isn't gonna be used to create at least one monsterous abomination that gets blown up by a secret lab's self-destruct mechanism, then what's even the point of dying?

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

idgi

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

Ramadan sale on swimsuits. During a time when people generally can't go to the beach!

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

jojoinnit posted:

Ramadan sale on swimsuits. During a time when people generally can't go to the beach!

what time of the year do you think ramadan is

InediblePenguin
Sep 27, 2004

I'm strong. And a giant penguin. Please don't eat me. No, really. Don't try.

Peanut Butler posted:

what time of the year do you think ramadan is

what extenuating circumstances might be existing this year to prevent people going to the beach?

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

Why does everyone seem to think what the woman is wearing is a swimsuit, nothing makes sense anymore, please help :psyduck:

Shit Fuckasaurus
Oct 14, 2005

i think right angles might be an abomination against nature you guys
Lipstick Apathy
The woman is in lingerie but that dude is either wearing a swimsuit or weird underwear. Even if it's not all wrong, advertising a swimsuit during a global pandemic is at least a little dumb.

zedprime
Jun 9, 2007

yospos
No better time to get a swimsuit on sale then when you can't go to the beach. Idiots you dont even need to wait till winter this year smdh

PHIZ KALIFA
Dec 21, 2011

#mood

JacquelineDempsey posted:

Why does everyone seem to think what the woman is wearing is a swimsuit, nothing makes sense anymore, please help :psyduck:

i would spend wwwaaaaaaayyyy more time at the beach if that's what swimwear looked like,

jojoinnit
Dec 13, 2010

Strength and speed, that's why you're a special agent.

JacquelineDempsey posted:

I was looking at him I'm sorry

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Y'all also do realize there are these wild inventions called "pools", many of which are safely, socially-distanced in people's own backyards?

I don't even have a pool, but as I type this, my niece is putting on her bathing suit because she's gonna go run through the lawn sprinkler.

...wait, I'm trying to talk to goons, for whom "going outside" is foreign concept. Silly me!

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
I think the point is, it's a weird holiday to be advertising lingerie/swimwear for. It's supposed to be a time of spiritual discipline and reflection.

Not saying that all (or most) people celebrate it like that, but it's like advertising a Lent sale or something. Eid would be the real party time.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

hyperhazard posted:

I think the point is, it's a weird holiday to be advertising lingerie/swimwear for. It's supposed to be a time of spiritual discipline and reflection.

Not saying that all (or most) people celebrate it like that, but it's like advertising a Lent sale or something. Eid would be the real party time.

Well that's what I thought too, but then some people went on this whole "why would you advertise beachwear during an epidemic" tangent, which was just baffling.

I'm gonna go run through the sprinkler too, I need to get off the internet.

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

poo poo, we still got snow on the ground here. Enjoy your sprinklers.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
I thought horny was prohibited during Ramadan.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
You're all invited to my virtual Ramadan lingerie sprinkler party, I"m hosting it on zoom