Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

"Out of the way, Boutros Boutros-Sally!"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
We wanted to argue but he was behind the podium. We were powerless.

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Johnny Walker posted:

"Out of the way, Boutros Boutros-Sally!"

Which country does the man in the red hood represent?

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Alhazred posted:

That's a woman. And she doesn't represent the whole country, just one riding.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Alhazred posted:

Spain. They were gonna do another inquisition, but Namor is seemingly beating them to the punch.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Lobok posted:

That's a woman. And she doesn't represent the whole country, just one riding.
:lol:

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Peter, remember that door you ripped off its hinges? You could use that as a shield! Actually gently caress that, throw it in his face! You'd probably split his head open. Failing that just bumrush him, whips are slow to re-use once they snap forward.

Or just grab his whip. The worst thing it could do is leave a fresh fleshwound, with your reflexes. Or, I don't know, jump up a building and pelt him with trash like a proper New Yorker.

You can dodge thrown bombs and bullets, Peter. His bullwhip isn't gonna hurt you, web fluid or no.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
uh, i think you will find that nsm is completely unable to dodge thrown objects. even if they were poorly aimed and might otherwise miss, anything someone throws at him will still miraculously hit.

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

evilmiera posted:

Peter, remember that door you ripped off its hinges? You could use that as a shield! Actually gently caress that, throw it in his face! You'd probably split his head open. Failing that just bumrush him, whips are slow to re-use once they snap forward.

Or just grab his whip. The worst thing it could do is leave a fresh fleshwound, with your reflexes. Or, I don't know, jump up a building and pelt him with trash like a proper New Yorker.

You can dodge thrown bombs and bullets, Peter. His bullwhip isn't gonna hurt you, web fluid or no.

When you get down to it, the Protector is the only person who should be negatively effected by Spidy's loss of web-fluid. Getting webbed up would be a lot quicker and much less painful than the numerous options left to Spider-Man.

Fortunately for him, Pete is as dumb as the bricks that constantly bounce off his head.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Elfface
Nov 14, 2010

Da-na-na-na-na-na-na
IRON JONAH
Spidey, uh, finds a way.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Is that Abe Vigoda in the first panel?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

Oh poo poo, wait, I get it now. He's got Spidey up against a brick wall, that's like his kryptonite.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

howe_sam posted:

Is that Abe Vigoda in the first panel?
I think that's also Red Foxx and possibly Elton John, leading me to think the guy with the mustache is probably someone very 70s but I don't know who.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Looks like a young (gasp) Geraldo Rivera.

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Johnny Walker posted:

I think that's also Red Foxx and possibly Elton John, leading me to think the guy with the mustache is probably someone very 70s but I don't know who.

Gabe Kaplan?

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

Kaplan had poofy white-guy afro, so I’m leaning no on that.

I’m going with Sonny Bono for mustache guy and Loretta Swit. 2nd panel looks like OJ and *maybe* Karl Malden.

Proteus Jones fucked around with this message at 04:21 on Mar 28, 2020

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Proteus Jones posted:

Kaplan had poofy white-guy afro, so I’m leaning no on that.

I’m going with Sonny Bono for mustache guy and Loretta Swit. 2nd panel looks like OJ and *maybe* Karl Malden.
I think you might be right on the others but it looks like Bono didn't have a center part and had bangs so I don't think that's him.

Binary Badger posted:

Looks like a young (gasp) Geraldo Rivera.
It probably is Geraldo.

They want to argue with him but they really can't.

Binary Badger
Oct 11, 2005

Trolling Link for a decade

Somebody needs to Photoshop a few contemporary faces into that last panel.. like Pence, Trump, B.J...

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
I.

DECLARE.

SOVEREIGNTY!

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

I mean, UN representatives have no governing power, just diplomatic advisory roles, so, yes, if they really were in charge the world would be even worse.

So he is technically correct, which is the best kind of correct.

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
i wasn't expecting his plan to be to have protector forget he had a weapon. it's very self-aware.

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

"I suddenly remembered that you're literally just some random dude and I'm a loving super-hero."

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Jerusalem posted:

"I suddenly remembered that you're literally just some random dude and I'm a loving super-hero."
He's got a name, a gimmick weapon, and a look and that technically makes him a super villain.

Drakyn
Dec 26, 2012

Johnny Walker posted:

He's got a name, a gimmick weapon, and a look and that technically makes him a super villain.

He's big AND has a whip AND has a fancy hat. That basically makes him the super-skrull version of the Enforcers.

Samuringa
Mar 27, 2017

Best advice I was ever given?

"Ticker, you'll be a lot happier once you stop caring about the opinions of a culture that is beneath you."

I learned my worth, learned the places and people that matter.

Opened my eyes.
This is the series finale where Spider-man teams up with his previous arch enemy, bricks, to defeat the bigger bad.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Drakyn posted:

He's big AND has a whip AND has a fancy hat. That basically makes him the super-skrull version of the Enforcers.

quote:

Original members

The group originally consisted of:
  • Ox - Raymond Bloch is a brutish strongman and the twin brother of Ronald Bloch.

quote:

Later members

• Ox - Ronald Bloch is a brutish strongman and the twin brother of Raymond Bloch. He became the second Ox after the apparent death of Raymond.

Wow, they pulled a real-life Beerfest.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Knormal posted:

Wow, they pulled a real-life Beerfest.

Real life?

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

That sort of launching kick would probably tear the Protector's jaw off given how high Peter can jump.

Not that I'd complain.

TheNamedSavior
Mar 10, 2019

by VideoGames
The fact it took spider-man an real-life week to figure out how to beat the crap out of the protector is legitimately enraging out of universe. God drat it.

evilmiera
Dec 14, 2009

TheNamedSavior posted:

The fact it took spider-man an real-life week to figure out how to beat the crap out of the protector is legitimately enraging out of universe. God drat it.

I was worried my long rambling post about how slow on the uptake Peter was would look too crazy, but it was legit frustrating even while it was funny.

But then how I usually expect fights to go down when one side is superpowered and one isn't is a recreation of the Small Knives scene.

Knormal
Nov 11, 2001

Lobok posted:

Real life?
In the sense that the Marvel comic exists in real life.

I guess non-joke Beerfest is more accurate.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

TheNamedSavior posted:

Spidey had to overcome every urge in his body to submit to this man and his... hrrrk... rawhide whip.

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Peter was not knocked out.

Maybe he fell asleep?

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

All those concussions finally got to him

Libra
Jan 5, 2011

Loving/hating these Namor faces.

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

Johnny Walker posted:

Maybe he fell asleep?

Unless something proves me wrong, I'm going to assume that the alleged doctor/scientist woman came back and whacked him on the head with a lead pipe

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

As long as Namor has the military to enforce his massive claim on 2/3rds of the planet's geography I mean... he's right

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Snackmar
Feb 23, 2005

I'M PROGRAMMED TO LOVE THIS CHOCOLATY CAKE... MY CIRCUITS LIGHT UP FOR THAT FUDGY ICING.
I love that face