Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Seven idiots and a bear walk into a dragon's lair.

surf rock posted:

It's sad to see us playing this badly when we're going with the same starting six. If we were starting Coldest over Bebe (which I was really hoping for), I would feel better because there would be more of a reason for this, but nope.

edit: I also wish we were playing Chengdu in a week where Ameng had to play Rein.

Chengdu has always been a mid-table team at best so idk man, if you're relying on Ameng not being able to play Wrecking Ball in order to win against the Hunters, that's a bad outlook for the rest of your season.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
Ria's positioning on Sigma is so, so bad. He's always... flanking? wtf

edit: NICE

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Lmao, Bebe just got loving deleted by that barrage.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

We need more women in STEM, and by that, I mean skateboarding, television, esports, and magic.
I'm honestly shocked that we got that map win; that felt like a lock to be a loss or draw at best.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Bazzi continuing the fine Spark tradition of wasted blizzards!

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

CuwiKhons posted:

Bazzi continuing the fine Spark tradition of wasted blizzards!

No loving kidding, but his picks made it worth it, I guess.

These subs are WEIRD but I guess they're working?

Also, how the hell did Godsb survive getting stuck on the pulse bomb? Feel like I missed something there.

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

I'd have to go back and rewatch it but I would guess he got an armor pack from IDK?

edit - did Jinmu's keyboard get stuck or something? He was running in a straight line into traffic

Tommu
Aug 4, 2019

O vanity of Sleep, Hope, Dream, endless Desire,
The Horses of Disaster plunge in the heavy clay
nano + armour

Blasmeister
Jan 15, 2012

2Time TRP Sack Race Champion

When u blade so good you gotta suicide

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

gently caress, Yvetal has single-handedly clutched the first fight these last two rounds with huge bio nades

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Bazzi: Lemme just solo blizzard this Zen who has trance

??? You couldn't kill that boy any other way bro?

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

WE DID IT!

gently caress YEAH REVERSE SWEEP TO START OFF THE SEASON

WHAT A loving WAR

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Welp, as per usual, the Hunters accidentally throw their win away. Chengdu lost that more than Hangzhou won that.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

OK, takeaways:

- Guxue is legitimately amazing; I can't believe some of the situations where he made Rein work.
- Ria's Sigma suuuuucks; I wonder if the caster theory that he got subbed out for Sasin because of his poor positioning is true.
- Godsb is an above-average DPS starter in the league with a big hero pool, but he's not elite and can't carry a below-average partner.
- Adora continues to disappoint; his hero pool seems to consist of two (Brig and Mei) and he's average at one and below-average at the other.
- Bebe has long been my main source of frustration on the roster, but I guess he had a good game according to the casters?
- IDK had a super-quiet game mostly on Baptiste, but I guess he must've been functional at least because I don't remember him ever getting picked first; it really hurt not to have him on the Lucio
- Chengdu is always a "trap game" type of opponent because their style is so out there, and that didn't really change from season to season. We obviously aren't good enough to crush them or whatever, but we did seem to piece our poo poo together over the course of the match. I think our best-case scenario is around 8th-place and our worst-case scenario is around 14th-place; we would need a better projectile DPS and I guess maybe a better flex tank in order to seriously contend with the top seven.
- Loved seeing two teams basically never mirror each other, playing totally different styles. That was awesome!

Now that we've seen the Chinese teams play, here are my power rankings:

1.) Shock
2.) Fusion
3.) Dragons
4.) Titans
5.) Eternal
6.) Dynasty
7.) NYXL
8.) Reign
9.) Gladiators
10.) Spark
11.) Charge
12.) Hunters
13.) Valiant
14.) Spitfire
15.) Outlaws
16.) Mayhem
17.) Fuel
18.) Justice
19.) Defiant
20.) Uprising

OK, it was fun finally getting to wear the Spark jersey and hat that I got for Christmas. Back to bed!

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

I take it you don't want my autograph, then.

https://twitter.com/BostonUprising/status/1243940395375038464?s=09&=

https://twitter.com/smexy/status/1243930073532694528

Getting covid while recovering from heart valve surgery :ohdear:

Ignis fucked around with this message at 19:31 on Mar 28, 2020

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

I'm hoping we get a repeat of season 1 stage 3, where boston dropped the predator early and ended the stage undefeated

Well, undefeated isn't possible, but still

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

As a Bren and Sideshow fan, I've been enjoying their companion streams. I just tried watching the Avast companion stream and lasted less than 10 minutes; it feels like the most mindbroken Twitch meme poo poo imaginable.

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Yeah I think ZP broke Avast's brain because I don't remember him being this memelord edgy before. Or maybe he was all along, and I wasn't paying attention :shrug:

Fauxtool
Oct 21, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
jaws is really hurting from no makeup. Looks like a zombie

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

Boston are up 5 to 4 and have the high ground and just sit around waiting for torontos reinforcements to get back instead of initiating a fight

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Nihilarian posted:

Boston are up 5 to 4 and have the high ground and just sit around waiting for torontos reinforcements to get back instead of initiating a fight

I thought I was going nuts watching that. What the hell were they waiting for? It's like they misread the kill feed.

The Berzerker
Feb 24, 2006

treat me like a dog

I know Boston is bad, but it's nice to watch Toronto winning for once.

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

The Berzerker posted:

I know Boston is bad, but it's nice to watch Toronto winning for once.

Not only is Boston bad, but they're so bad that there's a big gap between them and the second-worst team in the league. That's ROUGH.

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Fuck the cowboys. Unf. Fuck em hard.
https://twitter.com/MonteCristo/status/1243962802198343681

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

Somebody please get Jerry and Fusions out of this cursed team

e: really tho why are we still giving Monte the time of the day again

e2: https://twitter.com/MattMersel/status/1244000945270226945

Ignis fucked around with this message at 22:27 on Mar 28, 2020

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

wow this casting is awful
I assume there's some kind of delay going on on their side but it means they're constantly talking over each other

Hopefully they fix this or it just somehow never happens again

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Having trouble keeping the stream going at 1080p for some reason. Have gigabit internet so it shouldn’t be happening

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

Deathy McDeath posted:

Having trouble keeping the stream going at 1080p for some reason. Have gigabit internet so it shouldn’t be happening
coronavirus lockdowns

teagone
Jun 10, 2003

That was pretty intense, huh?

Deathy McDeath posted:

YouTube is throttling quality because of covid (for real).

Malloc Voidstar
May 7, 2007

teagone posted:

YouTube is throttling quality because of covid (for real).
Only in Europe and they're just disabling anything above 480p there
Internet is probably overloaded wherever McDeath is (or a lovely ISP, which is most of them)

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

This is why you don't fire your entire assistant staff two days before a match, Valiant

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

lmao what is the shock doing

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

..Has the Shock just been snorting coke and banging hookers the entire offseason, or what? What the hell has happened to this team?

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
Glads looking REALLY good

deadwing
Mar 5, 2007

turns out shock just had to go goats bro

Ignis
Mar 31, 2011

https://twitter.com/hanbammerow/status/1244045051266772992?s=21

surf rock
Aug 12, 2007

Well... my power rankings this morning were wrong. I thought people were overreacting to the Shock's first "meh" game this season, but something's broken.

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺
Huge chuckle at the gladiators Ana having a spitfire spray

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

20ish minutes until Shanghai vs Chengdu and Shanghai announced their starting roster as Fearless, Void, Diem, Dding, Izayaki, and LeeJaeGon. Putting Dding in against the Hunters seems like an inspired plan since he's one of the only Pharahs in the league that can compete with Jinmu. Jinmu won't be getting free reign of the skies this match.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CuwiKhons
Sep 24, 2009

Long pauses is how I actually expected the online games to go so I'm surprised it took until Day 2 for them to hit.

Edit - I've finally put my finger on what's been bothering me about the broadcasts. It's the lack of ambient noise from a crowd. Someone gets a 4k and there's just no reaction beyond the casters' describing it. No gasps from the crowd at a headshot or cheers at a map win. It just feels very quiet.

CuwiKhons fucked around with this message at 09:33 on Mar 29, 2020