Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
animal crossing is unrealistic because a capitalist like tom nook would never give you a house loan at 0% interest

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

I've discovered the secret to becoming a master fisherman: close your eyes

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
if you miss a meteor shower is that just it for the rest of the night

also, any reason Celeste wouldn't be there on a meteor shower night?

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Breadallelogram posted:

I've discovered the secret to becoming a master fisherman: close your eyes

i've literally not missed a single fish since i stopped looking at the screen while fishing

even caught 5 stringfish since i stopped looking

Breadallelogram
Oct 9, 2012

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i've literally not missed a single fish since i stopped looking at the screen while fishing

even caught 5 stringfish since i stopped looking

I remembered I used to do it in the old games. As soon as I started doing it today, I caught 100 in a row.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

well i was not looking for one but i found a spider island

guess i'm buy a million bells worth of turnips tomorrow instead of a measley 700k

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:

eonwe posted:

animal crossing is unrealistic because a capitalist like tom nook would never give you a house loan at 0% interest

The theory that everyone is Muslim and that's why the loans have no interest is pretty good

If you get really really high you can actually see that the game is a criticism of capitalism because it demonstrates how cartoonishly unnatural a world that sustains infinite economic growth is.

The actual most unrealistic thing is that every single dress has pockets and they are actually big enough to fit things in.

SeXReX fucked around with this message at 08:13 on Mar 29, 2020

Sanzuo
May 7, 2007

I like this game a lot!

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008
If i buy turnips somewhere the timezone is a bit ahead at when it's saturday night for me, will those turnips go bad when it hits sunday morning for me, or stay fine because it hasn't actually been 7 days?

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Zerilan posted:

If i buy turnips somewhere the timezone is a bit ahead at when it's saturday night for me, will those turnips go bad when it hits sunday morning for me, or stay fine because it hasn't actually been 7 days?
They will, yeah. Don't buy turnips until after 5 am Sunday your time

Double Punctuation
Dec 30, 2009

Ships were made for sinking;
Whiskey made for drinking;
If we were made of cellophane
We'd all get stinking drunk much faster!
Everyone, what’s your favorite flavor of clam?

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

homeless snail posted:

Thanks. will they rot if I fly to some time traveler's place that's on a weekday before it hits 5am for me?

Lux Anima
Apr 17, 2016

Dinosaur Gum

Double Punctuation posted:

Giant :backtowork:

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Double Punctuation posted:

I'm not convinced all the steps involved in bait saves any time over just walking away and scaring fish in other places to initiate new spawns in most cases.

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Bait's the only way I've ever had anything spawn at the pier.

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.

Funky Valentine posted:

Bait's the only way I've ever had anything spawn at the pier.

Nothing ever does on my island but mystery island piers do just fine.

I noticed going to other people's where I do get pier spawns that theirs are longer, so it might be a case of micropier

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Increasingly convinced this golden trout is a hoax. I’m up to five stringfish and no trout!

Is there anything I should be saving my nook miles for? I’ve got ~20,000 and I’ll visit a few islands if there’s nothing worth keeping them for.

Edit: re fishing, if you get a flat, no river random island just run round the perimeter to scare fish then keep heading to the pier. Got four tuna from one island this way (no marlin still though!)

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012
Seems I have Bell Vouchers! Are they worth it or nah

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

homeless snail posted:

Is Sunday morning the only time it checks for decay?

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Zerilan posted:

Is Sunday morning the only time it checks for decay?

I’ve had a pile sitting outside all week waiting for ants and it’s only this morning they’ve gone bad.

Argue
Sep 29, 2005

I represent the Philippines
https://twitter.com/WhimsyWool/status/1243970971842875392

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012
Wander is raining if anyone wants to come do some south hemisphere fishing! I'll be afk periodically.

Code: D163G

It's 5pm so Daisy Mae's gone home for the day
There's native apple trees scattered around and a small orange grove near my house
Free stuff pile on beach left of the airport
Nookbros are buying Tiki Torches

Mabel is here and she has a cute autumny coat/top and some basketball shoes
https://twitter.com/TheScribbleKid/status/1244179804359815169?s=20
Filbert kept photobombing so I just let him strut his stuff

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

Alright I just poured 300,000 bells into turnips at 106 a pop, Daisy Mae is running the best racket on the archipelago.

I now have 99% of my inventory full of turnips. You can bury them to no ill effect to store them, right?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Funky Valentine posted:

Alright I just poured 300,000 bells into turnips at 106 a pop, Daisy Mae is running the best racket on the archipelago.

I now have 99% of my inventory full of turnips. You can bury them to no ill effect to store them, right?

You could also fence off a large area of your island or store em in your house.

iTrust
Mar 25, 2010

It's not good for your health.

:frogc00l:

VibrantPareidolia posted:

I never thought I'd see the day I'd immediately board a plane for a top but here we are. Thanks!

Frankston
Jul 27, 2010

Man I've been going on multiple island trips a day every day since the game came out and I've yet to see a single apple, orange or cherry. I've had pears twice, bamboo twice, and the rest have been my native peach.

I did find an island yesterday teeming with constantly replenishing emperor butterflies though, so I got 140k out of that (that I promptly spent all on turnips today).

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

SeXReX posted:

I'm not convinced all the steps involved in bait saves any time over just walking away and scaring fish in other places to initiate new spawns in most cases.
I do think that the best way to find a sturgeon is not to look for one with bait, but instead to just farm ocean fish by looping around the outside of your island repeatedly and in doing so keep passing by the river mouths. If you actually happen to see a large fish in a river mouth, then you can catch it, but otherwise you ignore all river fish.

I've caught like 5 sturgeons this way. There are 2 reasons this method is good:
  • It's better for your brain and motivation since you're just going for ocean fish and the sturgeon is a bonus, so it's not frustrating if you don't get it
  • Tricks the desire sensor into thinking you want red snappers and football fish instead of sturgeons

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Frankston posted:

Man I've been going on multiple island trips a day every day since the game came out and I've yet to see a single apple, orange or cherry. I've had pears twice, bamboo twice, and the rest have been my native peach.

I did find an island yesterday teeming with constantly replenishing emperor butterflies though, so I got 140k out of that (that I promptly spent all on turnips today).

It seems like you only get one foreign fruit that way and it's locked in forever, I've also never seen anything but peaches.

I filled out my orchards with goon fruits instead.

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

Wander is raining if anyone wants to come do some south hemisphere fishing! I'll be afk periodically.

There's native apple trees scattered around and a small orange grove near my house

14 new things for Blathers, and a tea table to put my hamster cage on. Thank you!

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.
Anyone got Daisy May visiting with some turnips? I missed her today. I can bring you peaches!

Oibignose
Jun 30, 2007

tasty yellow beef
Daisy mae in town with 91 bell turnips

L49D7

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost
Daisy is still on my island at the moment (100 per). I also have some Oranges and Coconuts hanging around.

Edit: gate closed!

magimix fucked around with this message at 12:00 on Mar 29, 2020

KongGeorgeVII
Feb 17, 2009

Flow like a
harpoon
daily and nightly.

Oibignose posted:

Daisy mae in town with 91 bell turnips

L49D7

Thanks so much! 2940 turnips purchased!

Chuck Bartowski
Apr 14, 2006

Working on my five-year plan, just need to choose a font.

I got Daisy Mae selling at 94 bells today, plus Mabel is back visiting while she waits for her store to open.
Dodo code: CLOSED

Help yourself to any fruits! Seeds and any spare DIY recipies are always welcome!

Chuck Bartowski fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Mar 29, 2020

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Thank you for allowing us to commit overfishing on your island.

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
https://twitter.com/neonmanedwolf/status/1244056789181779970?s=21

Has anyone posted this yet

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
No sign of Daisy Mae and I definitely checked before noon. Not too worried because Bones moved in and he's the best boy! I want to help him unpack. Mabel is in town so I'll probably open later in case anyone needs blue rain boots. Game still amazing.

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

Anyone’s Cranny open and willing to let me make a few trips? Wanna sell these tarantulas before the turnip frenzy

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

LODGE NORTH posted:

Anyone’s Cranny open and willing to let me make a few trips? Wanna sell these tarantulas before the turnip frenzy

My island's still open, it's about 7pm here so you got a few hours.

D163G

I've been checking in occasionally while cooking/eating dinner and I kinda wish we'd have some kind of record of who's visited and left. The chatlog might be a good place to put it?

Also we all kind of reset and came out of the airport at one point and I'm not sure what happened there

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

oddium posted:

stringfish is from 4pm to 9am not 9pm

However bass are eternal.