Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Winklebottom
Dec 19, 2007

was "western-style stone" really the best name you could come up with

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sanford
Jun 30, 2007

...and rarely post!

VibrantPareidolia posted:

My island's still open, it's about 7pm here so you got a few hours.

D163G

I've been checking in occasionally while cooking/eating dinner and I kinda wish we'd have some kind of record of who's visited and left. The chatlog might be a good place to put it?

Also we all kind of reset and came out of the airport at one point and I'm not sure what happened there

I might come back for a bit more fishing. Would you like anything?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

VibrantPareidolia posted:

My island's still open, it's about 7pm here so you got a few hours.

D163G

I've been checking in occasionally while cooking/eating dinner and I kinda wish we'd have some kind of record of who's visited and left. The chatlog might be a good place to put it?

Also we all kind of reset and came out of the airport at one point and I'm not sure what happened there

People should be signing the town noticeboard imho

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Hey anyone still missing any fruit? Pop on by my orchard is in today so I have everything. Don't need to leave anything. Turnip prices are 96 if you're after that.

Able Sisters don't open until 9 apparently but Timmy and Tommy should be opening in 20 minutes here

Code: Woops it crashed look down a couple post

Try to only take one trees worth of each fruit in case someone else stops by and needs it :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 12:55 on Mar 29, 2020

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016
When do you unlock terraforming? I woke up happy today cause I would build a bridge to the small island in the middle of the map where I plan to move my house, but it turns out the edges need to be pixel perfect for the brodge to be placed

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Hey anyone still missing any fruit? Pop on by my orchard is in today so I have everything. Don't need to leave anything. Turnip prices are 96 if you're after that.

Able Sisters don't open until 9 apparently but Timmy and Tommy should be opening in 20 minutes here

Code: 5JB1Q

Try to only take one trees worth of each fruit in case someone else stops by and needs it :v:

drat, you got a nice looking island! Grabbed cherries and pears, which means I've got a full complement of fruit for my own gaff now. Many thanks! Just got booted, otherwise I'd have left a message on your board.

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

^^ Aw heck, thank you!

Should mention all the fruits are to the left of the airport for anyone visiting. Mae teleports after every flight so I have no idea where she is if you visit

-island down-

lezard_valeth posted:

When do you unlock terraforming? I woke up happy today cause I would build a bridge to the small island in the middle of the map where I plan to move my house, but it turns out the edges need to be pixel perfect for the brodge to be placed

When K.K. performs for you you unlock it

Waterscaping is 6k, Landscaping is 6k miles and the path patterns are 2k each

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 13:15 on Mar 29, 2020

Aipsh
Feb 17, 2006

GLUPP SHITTO FAN CLUB PRESIDENT
Can I add my friend code here as I literally know nobody else with a switch?

0976-5654-0202

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018
Women are wonderful animals, they should be making music and writing novels about having a complex relationship with your mother.
I don't want to be dramatic, but if this loving thing shows up on my island I'm throwing my Switch in the trash

https://twitter.com/tarrikittyartt/status/1243728072471384064?s=20

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
What's the turnip discord? DM's slinging for 93 each today.

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 13:11 on Mar 29, 2020

magimix
Dec 31, 2003

MY FAT WAIFU!!! :love:
She's fetish efficient :3:

Nap Ghost

Gripweed posted:

I don't want to be dramatic, but if this loving thing shows up on my island I'm throwing my Switch in the trash

Yikes! I feel like I've been lucky with villagers; I like all the ones I have so far (Iggly, Diva, Clay, Merry, and Eunice) :3:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Man this is the third communication error, first time I've seen this happen :stare:

New Code: Down

Gripweed posted:

The mouse villagers are so hit and miss it's comical.

E: I'll try to open again in a hour, not sure what's going on with all these errors but it's drivin me nuts :sigh:

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 13:14 on Mar 29, 2020

VibrantPareidolia
Oct 12, 2012

Sanford posted:

I might come back for a bit more fishing. Would you like anything?

Come on in! Donations to the bridge fund would be nice but not super necessary.

Thank you to everyone who donated by the way! I haven't been active much but I appreciate it!

EDIT: oop, communication error. Well, that was a pretty long session so I guess it's a good stopping point anyway.

VibrantPareidolia fucked around with this message at 13:28 on Mar 29, 2020

Nate RFB
Jan 17, 2005

Clapping Larry

glassyalabolas posted:

You could also fence off a large area of your island or store em in your house.
Do they need to be buried or can they just be on the ground in the fenced off area?

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

I have three rooms full of turnips. I am ready for them bells.

Vaxan
Dec 25, 2010
Turnips for 90 bells K27PQ

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Gripweed posted:

once you hit max villagers you can choose to replace any of your current villagers with whoever visits at the camp, so getting bad ones isn't that big of a deal since you don't need to ignore them until they eventually randomly decide to leave anymore

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

The HHA ranked my 44,484 points, Rank A :smuggo:

Bland
Aug 31, 2008

Winner Of The TRP I dont actually remember the contest im pretty high right now here's your venkys tag

Winklebottom posted:

was "western-style stone" really the best name you could come up with

Seems to be another one of NOA's trademark bizarre localisation decisions. It just says Western-style gravestone in the Japanese version.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

GATOS Y VATOS posted:

The HHA ranked my 44,484 points, Rank A :smuggo:

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
https://twitter.com/karnaliker/status/1243977580216111104

when will people learn this isn't nessecary anymore :negative:

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

The Japanese gravestone is just called big stone or something. I'm hoping to get a cemetery going soon.

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I’ve finally unlocked turnips.

So what is the price ranges I am looking for when it comes to buying and selling?

Xanderkish
Aug 10, 2011

Hello!
I just bought 2500 turnips. My entire savings I poured into them. My backpack overflows with Turnips. God himself trembles at my turnips.

Anyway, if anyone's got their island on a day that's not sunday, and the Turnip prices are greater than, say, 200, let me know because I need to offload these turnips.

(How did that little girl carry all these turnips anyway)

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Astro7x posted:

So what is the price ranges I am looking for when it comes to buying and selling?
You usually want to buy them when they're available since they're only available on sundays, and then sell at a price that's higher. If you're going to other people's islands it's way easier to find good selling prices and you can look for prices of like 400+, if you're just selling at your own island you don't wanna be too greedy or you'll run out of time, so just sell at anything that's like... 120 or higher? But really you wanna look for other people with good prices because you're not that likely to get high sell prices on just your own island before they rot.

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through
So my Resident Services building is under construction on Turnip day and I have like 130,000 bells in my ATM...

Am I just boned here? :smith:

Also can you not put turnips in storage?

Soul Glo fucked around with this message at 13:55 on Mar 29, 2020

Drinkfist
Aug 2, 2005

IronicDongz posted:

https://twitter.com/karnaliker/status/1243977580216111104

when will people learn this isn't nessecary anymore :negative:

Is there a peaceful way to eject a villager?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh
once you have the max number of villagers, you can choose a villager to replace with whoever shows up at the campsite.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Drinkfist posted:

Is there a peaceful way to eject a villager?

I've heard once your town is full and you invite another villager you get to choose who to kick out to make room for them

Dr. Stab
Sep 12, 2010
👨🏻‍⚕️🩺🔪🙀😱🙀

Astro7x posted:

If you're checking online prices: buy at 90, sell at 550+

If you're flying solo: buy at whatever they cost, check and note prices twice a day and figure out what pattern you have.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

IronicDongz posted:

once you have the max number of villagers, you can choose a villager to replace with whoever shows up at the campsite.

It's disgusting. I want to see these villagers fight their unfair eviction tooth and nail in the high court.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

I know it's not a huge investment, but I just dropped my last $25k just on turnips (at 106b per) and I sincerely hope I can sell them off at literally anything higher. Looking forward to desperately attempting to join a goon island this week while enduring the slideshow-like gameplay :negative:

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Mabel Sisters shop is amazing :stare:

If you go into the dressing room on my island there's dancing outfits, vampire costumes, a ton of stuff wow.

Retrying this whole online thing. Come get any fruit your missing and turnip prices are 96. Ables are at the top of the town if you want to check them out. If my island gets a error I'll just update this post until I close it.

-Town Closed-

Just gonna be sitting around in the airport as I'm making breakfast in the other room :v:

ThisIsACoolGuy fucked around with this message at 15:24 on Mar 29, 2020

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Do Daisy's turnip prices change or does she offer you one price per Sunday?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

One price

Humerus
Jul 7, 2009

Rule of acquisition #111:
Treat people in your debt like family...exploit them.

I have to be honest I don't really like any of the inclines. I'm gonna set up nothing but zen bridges in my town and I feel like none of the inclines really match. I guess the natural one is pretty zen like? At least it's cheap I guess.

Your Computer
Oct 3, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

If you go into the dressing room on my island there's dancing outfits, vampire costumes, a ton of stuff wow.

Retrying this whole online thing. Come get any fruit your missing and turnip prices are 96. Ables are at the top of the town if you want to check them out. If my island gets a error I'll just update this post until I close it.

Current Code: 2BP12

Just gonna be sitting around in the airport as I'm making breakfast in the other room :v:
that didn't last long :negative:

I just barely got to the clothing store when someone else tried to join, got an error and got kicked out. I really wanna see that vampire costume but I have to go, think you could at least get a pic of it? :shobon:

Fun Times!
Dec 26, 2010
Come to Chilltopia where it's a rainy day, turnips are 93 bells each, and I'm afk on my throne for a while. KWND0
:justpost: on the board!

Fun Times! fucked around with this message at 14:30 on Mar 29, 2020

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Your Computer posted:

that didn't last long :negative:

I just barely got to the clothing store when someone else tried to join, got an error and got kicked out. I really wanna see that vampire costume but I have to go, think you could at least get a pic of it? :shobon:

I can get it in a bit sure! Islands reopened though as I just walked in and saw the error message. Restarted my switch as maybe it's running too long??

I have a wired connection and it says everything should be fine so I have no idea whats up.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

teen witch
Oct 9, 2012

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Current Code: LWGWH

Your town is a goddamn gated community, jfc this is impressive as hell