Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?
I poured almost 300K on turnips at 97 a pop. This better pay off, I need the bridges and ramps.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

hopeandjoy posted:

Turnips are 94 bells this morning, Marina is giving out cutting board recipes, and Mable is in town. Native fruit is apples.

Hyacinth, lily, and tulip seeds are appreciated because they’re my favorite flowers irl but I can’t buy them in my store.

Dodo code is closed!, and I’m idling outside of the airport because I’m doing other stuff rn but I disabled sleep mode while docked so it should be fine.

Thanks for the gifts all! Closing my gates for the day.

hopeandjoy fucked around with this message at 16:36 on Mar 29, 2020

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

The Able Sisters shop isn't complete until the day after next :negative:

My island has a 1 star rating because the same person keeps taking the poll :negative: :negative:

I can tell by the way it's written that it's Curlos who keeps taking the poll

:negative: :negative: :negative:

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Spent a lot (600k?) on turnips at 107. I think its more then I can carry at once, this might have been a mistake...

e: Oh, and my camper showed up and I set up a plot for him, Nooks offering to let me buy up plots now, do I need to do that if I want to progress? Or do I only need to worry about making the town nice?

Also Mable showed up for the third day in a row so now I can set up her shop. :3:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

auuuuugh resident services is closed, i have 100k in the atm and 30k in pocket, and turnips're here today :negative:

106 bells each rn. Does that change at all or is that locked for the day until Daisy leaves at noon?

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
Pro tip: withdraw funds *before* flying to another island to buy turnips

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

teen witch posted:

Your town is a goddamn gated community, jfc this is impressive as hell

Well heck, glad you think so :shobon:

Soul Glo
Aug 27, 2003

Just let it shine through

hopeandjoy posted:

Turnips are 94 bells this morning, Marina is giving out cutting board recipes, and Mable is in town. Native fruit is apples.

Hyacinth, lily, and tulip seeds are appreciated because they’re my favorite flowers irl but I can’t buy them in my store.

Dodo code is GMR06, and I’m idling outside of the airport because I’m doing other stuff rn but I disabled sleep mode while docked so it should be fine.

Grabbed a handful of apples to finish my orchard, thanks!

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010
Got turnips at 90 per

Dodo code BMG1Q, gonna try to have my gate open for the next two hours. Daisy Mae’s been hanging out over the bridge to the left of the airport so far

E: she’s moving around p good. Near resident services now. I’ll try to keep y’all posted of where she’s at when you come in lol

a cat irl fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Mar 29, 2020

HopperUK
Apr 29, 2007

Why would an ambulance be leaving the hospital?
Drew my best friend Hazel.

a cat irl
Feb 13, 2010

a cat irl posted:

Got turnips at 90 per

Dodo code 9SNDK, gonna try to have my gate open for the next two hours. Daisy Mae’s been hanging out over the bridge to the left of the airport so far

E: she’s moving around p good. Near resident services now. I’ll try to keep y’all posted of where she’s at when you come in lol
comms error

New code BMG1Q

E: :/// keeps crashing. Gonna play with my internet a bit and see if I can get it back

a cat irl fucked around with this message at 15:09 on Mar 29, 2020

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

i just spent 1.3 million bells on turnips lmao

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

DEEP STATE PLOT posted:

i just spent 1.3 million bells on turnips lmao

Make sure to leave 1.7m in the bank by the end of March to make your 100k in interest

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

Dropped 250K on turnips at 93 bells, was on someone else's island and started to panic that I wouldn't have room in my pockets for them all but just barely made it. Thank god for the second upgrade!

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

Is there a way to see who's still hanging around your island?

I've heard the visiting/leaving chime so came in to see how things were going and boy I have no idea :v:

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

hopeandjoy posted:

Dodo code is GMR06, and I’m idling outside of the airport because I’m doing other stuff rn but I disabled sleep mode while docked so it should be fine.

I planted a couple hyacinths in front of you because I completely misunderstood your request :shobon:

Your Cranny was selling an electronics kit and rice cooker so my place just got 100% more home-y :3: now to see if I can find Daisy between the loads...

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

lol this multiplayer implementation is completely absurd for more than one or two people

I get the feeling Nintendo is feeling like a victim of their own success with the pandemic isolation added in

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Is there a way to see who's still hanging around your island?

I've heard the visiting/leaving chime so came in to see how things were going and boy I have no idea :v:

I think if you press - you can see them

Skyl3lazer
Aug 27, 2007

[Dooting Stealthily]

Ciaphas posted:

lol this multiplayer implementation is completely absurd for more than one or two people

I get the feeling Nintendo is feeling like a victim of their own success with the pandemic isolation added in

It's absurd to have 4 loading screens and a cutscene when someone joins

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

DeadlyHalibut posted:

I think if you press - you can see them

Fair enough

Also Chrissy I think there might be something going on on your end :( Seems like I get the crash screen every time you show up on the flight path and I'm not sure whats up with that but caught it just now again.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Load screens aside it also leaves me feeling annoyed that I called my character Johanna instead of my usual nom de plume. I have this thing about online identity :v:

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

Scroll, then. There are other posts than these.

The worst is when you're the first person to a locale and then right when you start shopping 7 others roll in so you're afk for 10 minutes.

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Jesus Christ this online system is the stupidest thing ever devised for more than one person

ankle
Oct 30, 2010

Can you drop turnips to store them or will they go bad?

ThisIsACoolGuy
Nov 2, 2010

Shaped like a friend

I didn't catch if there was anyone in town before the crash but gonna stay closed for a bit. Hope some people got what they wanted during the visit though!!

ankle posted:

Can you drop turnips to store them or will they go bad?

Can throw them anywhere, just do it in your house.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

Can you directly give items to other players somehow or do I have to drop gifts while visiting (and pray no-one unscrupulous grabs em)?

(ed) my god i have enough time to prepare and take a dab during these interminable loads

hopeandjoy
Nov 28, 2014

Ciaphas posted:

Can you directly give items to other players somehow or do I have to drop gifts while visiting (and pray no-one unscrupulous grabs em)?

(ed) my god i have enough time to prepare and take a dab during these interminable loads

You can mail people after you interact with them I believe.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Turnips are 93 and Mabel is in town. Pop by for a stop and chat!

Dodo code: FLVHL

Closing gates for now, will post later if I can reopen them!

Montalvo fucked around with this message at 16:44 on Mar 29, 2020

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

stev posted:

The Japanese gravestone is just called big stone or something. I'm hoping to get a cemetery going soon.
Nah there's a Zen Style Stone that is a Japanese grave

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

Turnips are :frogsiren:90:frogsiren:

Mabel is here too. You have an hour and a half.

Dodo: noon has struck, the turnips are gone.

Feel free to take any fruit you see too, I think I have almost all the fruit on trees right now. Pears may have already been taken.

ZarathustraFollower fucked around with this message at 17:00 on Mar 29, 2020

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

So when and where did Mabel show up? I got a letter but don't know where to look

roomtwofifteen
Jul 18, 2007

My 100th fish was a tire. It did not count, for those wondering.

I did get it on the next fish, thankfully.

Redczar
Nov 9, 2011

Is there some trick to nibble fish that I’m missing, or are they just this uncommon? I’ve hunted every morning in rivers for them for the past 3 days and have only caught crucian carp, bluegill, etc

Macaluso
Sep 23, 2005

I HATE THAT HEDGEHOG, BROTHER!
It's a cool mechanic that I just miss out on turnips if I work on a Sunday. I won't be able to buy turnips til Easter

bushisms.txt
May 26, 2004

I'm super dumb, i mean where is the turnip pig?

LazyMaybe
Aug 18, 2013

oouagh

Macaluso posted:

It's a cool mechanic that I just miss out on turnips if I work on a Sunday. I won't be able to buy turnips til Easter
this is an obvious reason to change your date slightly that no one will fault you for

ZarathustraFollower
Mar 14, 2009

bushisms.txt posted:

She wanders around like a villager, but I think I've generally seen her around the plaza.

Reallycoolname
Feb 26, 2008

Take a look! It's in a book!

bushisms.txt posted:

Anywhere. I found her wandering on the north-easternmost rocks of my island. She also walks around a lot!

Hobo Clown
Oct 16, 2012

Here it is, Baby.
Your killer track.

ThisIsACoolGuy posted:

Can throw them anywhere, just do it in your house.

Do they go bad if they aren't in your house? Or is this to prevent visitors from stealing them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I've only been able to connect to other goon islands once. The dodo code system is frustrating. I assume that you can't connect if someone has their phone open, doing a task, or another person is flying in? The dialogue is so long I just am frustrated