Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Fuzzy McDoom posted:

Oh yeah, woops.

Well he sucked anyways. Arguably he sucked less than other Republicans of the last 50 years but he is still responsible for unleashing both Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney into executive power

that's a p big but

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
Dee Dee Megadoodoo

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Accident Underwater posted:

Dee Dee Megadoodoo

Also known as Two-Dee Megadoodoo

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

3D Megadoodoo posted:

Also known as Two-Dee Megadoodoo

It's fortunate that it's only two dee's at it is well known that 3DPD.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Eisenhower:
  • did massive infrastructure spending that ended up cementing cars as central to american long-distance transportation
  • bolstered the social safety net
  • desegregated schools at the barrel of a gun
  • appointed Warren as chief justice of SCOTUS
  • threatened to nuke china like fifty million times
  • backed a whole bunch of awful anti-communist CIA and military actions, including tipping the first dominoes to get the US into Vietnam
all in all almost certainly the best record of any modern republican even if he did help doom us to climate death decades down the line

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

vyelkin posted:

Eisenhower:
  • did massive infrastructure spending that ended up cementing cars as central to american long-distance transportation
  • bolstered the social safety net
  • desegregated schools at the barrel of a gun
  • appointed Warren as chief justice of SCOTUS
  • threatened to nuke china like fifty million times
  • backed a whole bunch of awful anti-communist CIA and military actions, including tipping the first dominoes to get the US into Vietnam
all in all almost certainly the best record of any modern republican even if he did help doom us to climate death decades down the line

“I made two mistakes and both of them are sitting on the Supreme Court."

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012
Weren't the highways designed to be landing strips for military planes in the event of communist invasion?

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Eulogistics posted:

Weren't the highways designed to be landing strips for military planes in the event of communist invasion?

nope but eisenhower started them getting built because he was all pissy about not being able to easily drive from coast to coast and thought that made us weak to invasion (because he hated and feared trains)

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

I thought he got a boner for the autobahn

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Eulogistics posted:

afaik they weren't designed as landing strips (though highways elsewhere, like Sweden, were) but they were specifically designed to make it easier to move troops around and also evacuate cities

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

Krankenstyle posted:

I thought he got a boner for the autobahn

he wanted to gently caress and cum into his car

MonsieurChoc
Oct 12, 2013

Every species can smell its own extinction.
They were designed as a giant summoning sign to summon a demon army in case of invasion.

Martian Manfucker
Dec 27, 2012

misandry is real
remember when trump touched the orb

Eulogistics
Aug 30, 2012

H.P. Hovercraft posted:

he wanted to gently caress and cum into his car

I'm in love with my car
Got a feel for my automobile

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,

img-dude with his dick in the exhaust

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
people thought melania was dead

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
GW doing the Africa Dance

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
john kerry being smeared as a coward by a dude who kept the vietcong out of texas

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
everything about Mondale

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
Gerald Ford became president without anyone voting for him in any executive role

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
john boehner out there stubbing out a Camel on a copy of Atlas Shrugged, guzzling cab and making sure weed money trickles up

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Eulogistics posted:

I saw a newspaper article boasting about how the new highway system would allow the army and national guard to quickly and ruthlessly put down any communist uprisings that spontaneously formed out of the aether.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

mooyashi posted:

john kerry being smeared as a coward by a dude who kept the vietcong out of texas

He didn’t even do that.

He played hooky for seventeen months, and as a member of elite society, he got away with it.

Finicums Wake
Mar 13, 2017
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDwwAaVmnf4

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde

mooyashi posted:

john boehner out there stubbing out a Camel on a copy of Atlas Shrugged, guzzling cab and making sure weed money trickles up

he became a weed guy after talking to the pope lol

GWBBQ
Jan 2, 2005

Skellybones posted:

I saw a newspaper article boasting about how the new highway system would allow the army and national guard to quickly and ruthlessly put down any communist uprisings that spontaneously formed out of the aether.
it was definitely for that, but there's also a common myth that one out of every 5 miles has to be a straightaway for use as an airstrip. 4

paul_soccer12
Jan 5, 2020

by Fluffdaddy
Awesome Cougars

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

NightGyr
Mar 7, 2005
I � Unicode
I have forgotten this entirely and Google is unhelpful

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
"i'm not Steve Bannon, I'm not trying to suck my own cock."

-Mooch

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
he called himself Mooch lol

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
THE Mooch

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Bankers caused a massive financial meltdown in 2008 and the people responsibile managed to get away with it, keep their jobs and salaries and basically ensured that nothing changed to stop it happening again

Maya Fey
Jan 22, 2017

rofl

One More Fat Nerd
Apr 13, 2007

Mama’s Lil’ Louie

Nap Ghost

mooyashi posted:

people thought melania was dead

People think melania is still alive???

Veni Vidi Ameche!
Nov 2, 2017

by Fluffdaddy

MikeCrotch posted:

Bankers caused a massive financial meltdown in 2008 and the people responsibile managed to get away with it, keep their jobs and salaries and basically ensured that nothing changed to stop it happening again

This is not funny. Funny is stuff like, “Jon McCain died of brain cancer.”

John McCain died of brain cancer, lol.

Thump!
Nov 25, 2007

Look, fat, here's the fact, Kulak!

remember when we almost went to war with iran again?

sat on my keys!
Oct 2, 2014

the dnc tried to sue putin and the gru for hacking the election

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "
struggling to think of a more inept, well funded org than the DNC

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Chuka Umana
Apr 30, 2019

by sebmojo

MikeCrotch posted:

And then imposed fiscal austerity on the working peoples of the world as a thanks for bailing them out.