Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Who has cherry, apple, or bananas trees I can come dig up a few of? I got peach trees I can trade.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Electric Phantasm posted:

Does wishing on a star in another island get you star pieces on your island?

Yup!

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

what is going on over at Nintendo

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe

eating only apples posted:

He's like the most popular villager. You could sell him probably

I had him in NL, he's pretty cute.

Huh, really? Good to know, thanks!

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money
So here's a shot in the dark: does anyone know any good resources for turning songs into town tunes? Because I'm real bad with music and trying to figure this out is killing me, but I've been trying to get bits of songs I like as my town tune and it's just not working. Probably because I don't know what music even is.

Johnny Truant posted:

Gonna quote this to see if anybody can help, thanks! :jpmf:

I wanted to do the exact same thing! But I don't think the seeds will even grow if they're not moved in this game. There is, however, a Bamboo Wall fence item you can craft.

Nuebot fucked around with this message at 01:09 on Mar 30, 2020

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Johnny Truant posted:

So bamboo whole trees can only be planted a space apart... can I just plant a bamboo seed in the space in between them?

I want a backdrop wall of bamboo for my cliffside onsen :3:

MokBa
Jun 8, 2006

If you see something suspicious, bomb it!

Johnny Truant posted:

I don't think it'll grow if you plant it that close, but you can grow it elsewhere and then move it to that spot once it's fully grown.

mr.sassypants
Aug 25, 2004

Who dropped the duck?

Vince MechMahon posted:

Who has cherry, apple, or bananas trees I can come dig up a few of? I got peach trees I can trade.

I got apples and nothing else, just picked up the game yesterday. You're welcome to the apples!

9VVB5

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

MokBa posted:

I don't think it'll grow if you plant it that close, but you can grow it elsewhere and then move it to that spot once it's fully grown.

I can't plant fully grown bamboo directly next to each other, though.

Shoehead
Sep 28, 2005

Wassup, Choom?
Ya need sumthin'?

kid sinister posted:

Is there a minimum age for online features? I got a family NSO membership and my 5 year old has plenty of friends from Pocket Camp. Yes, I linked the accounts. The friends show up on the Home screen, but not in game.

I dunno if this got answered on this page yet but you aren't friends in game yet until you physically meet in your own or their own town. It's stupid cos I want to post random junk to my friends but I never visited.

antisocial86
Dec 8, 2003
yes sirs

Every island needs a horrible Lost-like secret underground bunker.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
If you mash A, the crafting animation is faster

Goodpart
Jan 9, 2004

quarter circle forward punch
rip
Yeah it's not possible. All big plants (trees, bamboo) need a 1 tile clearance around them before planting another like it. You can definitely bury shoots next to the plants, though they won't grow at all.

The only one I'm not sure about is whether you could partially grow those plants and sink them next to the fully grown counterparts. I'd probably say no as it likely locks in the restriction once it begins to sprout.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/Wolfrad_Senpai/status/1244310563196416000?s=20

More under the cut, because gently caress twitter embedding

kid sinister
Nov 16, 2002

Shoehead posted:

I dunno if this got answered on this page yet but you aren't friends in game yet until you physically meet in your own or their own town. It's stupid cos I want to post random junk to my friends but I never visited.

And there's no option for her to talk with them directly to invite them because the NSO app doesn't let anyone with an account under the age of 13 use it. Hooray.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
Bananas are not actually a thing in this game are they?

RazzleDazzleHour
Mar 31, 2016

TheBizzness posted:

Bananas are not actually a thing in this game are they?

Nope, kind of weird that they cut down the overall number of fruit considering what they did with nook tickets but oh well. Fruit it pretty much a worthless source of income after the first week anyways and if you're not gonna utilize them in recipes or make themed durian furniture you might as well cut them

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

YggiDee posted:

Edit: I'm wrong

thread title

runchild
May 26, 2010

420 smoke 🎨artisanal🍑 melange erryday

3 out of the last 4 Tour Islands I’ve visited have been minor variations on the same layout. And I’ve had it before too, it’s made for about a quarter of my tours. Barely any water on the cliff and the river is too wide for convenient fish-scaring, so it’s pretty garbage for stringfishin’. At least the river mouth seems to produce sturgeon at a pretty decent rate.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

Can money tree spots despawn if you don't use them right away? Had one in the middle of the island this morning but didn't have any bells, and go figure I now have 99k and it's gone.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

Oxyclean posted:

Has anyone else been getting rid of trees by digging them up and selling them? It's mostly been a result of moving stuff around, then realizing I don't want to find a home for like 10 hardwood/native fruit trees.

Yeah I'm starting to do that, especially since I've imported a few trees by transplanting fully grown fruit trees from islands as well as planting fruits and having them grow.

Tergaso
Mar 4, 2007

My God! Wooden eels! Surface! Surface!
I'm opening up my island for visitors because I'm running errands and don't want to pick all the fruit in my orchard.

Native fruit is cherries, Nook's Cranny is selling Hamster Cages and Unfinished Puzzles.

I have some apples and coconuts, and lots of cherries on the west side of the island. Some extra common DIY recipes near the porta-potty near city hall.

Please don't touch the turnips in the trash pile, I'm trying to attract ants and flies.

Dodo Code is G6X1S

Thanks for coming over everyone!

Tergaso fucked around with this message at 03:29 on Mar 30, 2020

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

FYI shoveling fully grown trees won't give you credit for planting them. You have to plant fruit, saplings, whatever to get the miles. I was wondering why I didn't get credit for a few, but I stole the trees outright from a Nook ticket trip.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth
man I keep lucking out on villagers. Got Jacques as my required camper. I had that smug lil bitch in NL and loved him.

Fitzy Fitz
May 14, 2005

Man I must have started out with two of the only normal villagers in this. Every time I go to another island to recruit somebody I'm greeted by some neon dead-eyed freak

And More
Jun 19, 2013

How far, Doctor?
How long have you lived?

Johnny Truant posted:

I can't plant fully grown bamboo directly next to each other, though.

You could plant them like this:

TxTxT
xxxxx
xTxTx

That's pretty close to a wall of trees.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
My new camper is O’Hare, the chocolate bunny who constantly mixes foreign phrases, poorly.

I can’t decided if I like him or not but I kind of want a smug/rude islander. All my current islanders are cool it would help balance things.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog

Cercueil posted:

Can money tree spots despawn if you don't use them right away? Had one in the middle of the island this morning but didn't have any bells, and go figure I now have 99k and it's gone.

What's a money tree spot??

LODGE NORTH
Jul 30, 2007

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

What's a money tree spot??

There's a glowing golden dot on your island somewhere every day. You plant at most 10K in it and you're guaranteed 30K in returns. You can risk planting 99K and hoping it drops 99K, but apparently it's not guaranteed.

Cercueil
Sep 21, 2006

LODGE NORTH posted:

There's a glowing golden dot on your island somewhere every day. You plant at most 10K in it and you're guaranteed 30K in returns. You can risk planting 99K and hoping it drops 99K, but apparently it's not guaranteed.

Guess that's a good thing I didn't do that then.

Spring Heeled Jack
Feb 25, 2007

If you can read this you can read
Anyone got peaches I could snag? I have everything else if you need something.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

Opening my gates for anyone who wants this Space Parka

https://mobile.twitter.com/mutatdjellyfish/status/1244430286890229763

FN3NJ

It's 7pm here.

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

Nope, kind of weird that they cut down the overall number of fruit considering what they did with nook tickets but oh well. Fruit it pretty much a worthless source of income after the first week anyways and if you're not gonna utilize them in recipes or make themed durian furniture you might as well cut them

How is the fruit cut down? I didn't play NL, but this is all the same fruit from the earlier games. Am I forgetting any? Edit: the wiki says I'm not, so yeah... The fruit in NH is the same as it's always been, aside from the perfect fruit.

Rupert Buttermilk fucked around with this message at 02:16 on Mar 30, 2020

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

He's still doing this 5 minutes later...

https://twitter.com/Kaiju_Sommelier/status/1244432156916514816?s=20

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

antisocial86 posted:

Every island needs a horrible Lost-like secret underground bunker.

Oh wow I want those surf breakers that's awesome.

mutata
Mar 1, 2003

mutata posted:

Opening my gates for anyone who wants this Space Parka

https://mobile.twitter.com/mutatdjellyfish/status/1244430286890229763

FN3NJ

It's 7pm here.

Forgot to mention I'm mostly afk but make yourself at home! My son left a ton of wood and fruit and junk laying around so go nuts.

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

mutata posted:

Oh wow I want those surf breakers that's awesome.

I think you should be able to get them from the Nook terminal once resident services upgrades.

TheOneAndOnlyT
Dec 18, 2005

Well well, mister fancy-pants, I hope you're wearing your matching sweater today, or you'll be cut down like the ugly tree you are.
Does Daisy Mae just disappear after you talk to her or something? I bought some turnips from her, then my wife logged in to buy some turnips too and she's just loving gone. Can't find her anywhere.

GATOS Y VATOS
Aug 22, 2002

lmao yep

https://twitter.com/Kaiju_Sommelier/status/1244433415081873408?s=20

edit: I went into the tent and then came back out and the bear then wore the raincoat and gave me a book as a gift.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shawn
Feb 6, 2003

I yiffed two people at once and all I got was laughed at.

TheOneAndOnlyT posted:

Does Daisy Mae just disappear after you talk to her or something? I bought some turnips from her, then my wife logged in to buy some turnips too and she's just loving gone. Can't find her anywhere.

she leaves at noon exactly